PDA

View Full Version : So that's why it's illegal

bradbrains
09-14-2003, 04:19 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-14-2003/18566_Starin__at_the_rude_boys.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: So that's why it's illegal
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Colored Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8.5X11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Pen and Prismacolors..I love my prismas.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Where does this stuff come from? My friends think I'm nuts.

designditz
09-14-2003, 05:54 PM
bad acid trip?...like it...lots of spunk!!

jocelynsart
09-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Lol!!!!!! Is that the poor parents in the background with their demon child!? That was my first impression.
I think it is cool and I like the composition. I am not going to try and critique the style or whatever concept may or may not be behind it. The style is individual choice and the concept, you the artist may not know even! lol
I like it. I like the graphic mixed with texture and some smooth blending and gradation in the face. There is enough contrast to create a good balance.
Joss

LilKitten
09-14-2003, 08:45 PM
I must say, that during the time I *did* have acid, I never had a bad trip. However, I can certainly say, that on occasion, my parents' emotions and words *certainly* made me feel like the above painting.

kitten

giniaad
09-15-2003, 01:34 AM
you have a very active imagination
you are not alone

bradbrains
09-15-2003, 05:26 PM
jocelynsart...funny that you thought that. I figured it was the kids in the background and the face was the messed up Mom. I think I accidentally based this on a true story about a friend, his family and both parents battle with cocaine..pretty sad.

giniaad
09-15-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by bradbrains
[B...I think I accidentally based this on a true story about a friend, his family and both parents battle with cocaine..pretty sad. [/B]

no accident...your active imagination
and human heart
created this

good message...
(maybe you should include "cocaine" in the title)