PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Friday July 19 2013***

Lulu
07-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone:wave:

Just wondered if everyone across the pond was on official baby watch.

I definitely am Anita, especially today. Have entered a competition to predict the date, time, gender, name of the baby and today's the day for me!:crossfingers: The prize is a trip for two to London. Actually I think the world is on baby watch, the women's mags are going to go crazy.:)

Judy, that is so so sad. :heart:

I guess you know that there have been some earthquakes again today in central NZ, no damage as far as I'm aware of, but scary enough. Didn't feel them up here though.

Have a good weekend everyone:wave:

shipbroker
07-19-2013, 12:24 AM
What baby is that then Lulu??

Morning all.

Dull start but predicted hottest day yet, now saying warmestt UK July for something like 240 years.

Early shopping for milk and papers as later in day have to use village bus as have been called for non-routine Retinal Screening Obviously my last results were not good,again, and since then my own eyetests have shown the cataract in the 'poor' eye........ the joys of getting old.

Back later

geoff

Yorky
07-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Good morning all, HOT again:eek:

Have to go for a stomach ultrasound this morning so nil by mouth :crying:

I'f last time is anything to go by I'll be sittin with a row of pregnant ladies in the waiting room :)

Best of luck Lulu, the sooner the better.

Doug

Lulu
07-19-2013, 02:10 AM
I'f last time is anything to go by I'll be sittin with a row of pregnant ladies in the waiting room :)

:lol: :lol: but all the best, :crossfingers: hoping it's something minor. :heart:
Your comment reminds me of a male friend who told us recently about his experience of having a mammogram (yes, men get breast cancer too), and being very uncomfortable in a waiting room full of women, even more uncomfortable when what little he had was pulled, stretched and squashed!:lol:

Well, I've already missed on the time of the birth, but who knows, by the end of today I'll know if I got the day right. :) As for names, I named her Victoria Elizabeth.

laudesan
07-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Hey all.

How did it go Doug?

I am absolutely not on baby anything....

I had a fun lunch with Tania today.. Fingers crossed the rain hold off for Seaworld tomorrow.

She was telling me, that on Wednesday as she was dropping the kids off to school, she heard a weird noise coming from her wheel section of her car. It was a kind of whump whump noise like a flat tyre. Reece had a look when she dropped him off at school and ther tyre wasn't flat but the noise was very bad, so she limped the car along to the nearest service station.

The man put the car up on the hoist, Tania waited. He was back promptly to tell her she was one very lucky girl. ALL the wheel nuts were loose, and when he touched them, they fell off into her hand. It seems her partner had changed the tyre last. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :( Scary stuff, she was so lucky the wheel hadn't fallen off and she had a serious accident.. ALL the wheel nuts, man :(

She has the car booked in on Saturday to have all her tyres checked and replaced if need be. She sure has a Guardian Angel. My mother I suspect.. :heart:

Lulu
07-19-2013, 02:29 AM
She sure has a Guardian Angel. My mother I suspect.. :heart:

Yes, I believe we all do. But oh wow.......how scary :eek:

Doug, I hope you're taking your sketch book to the waiting room:wink2:

Have just seen this on that dreaded fb (Geoff)......
So true.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2013/1118-1000718_10152954456245577_554211460_n.jpg

and it could easily have been us last week....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2013/1118-IMG_4434aa.jpg

doppler
07-19-2013, 03:43 AM
Good evening all.

Misty, moisty, raining and cold here today. Waited for a friend to turn up for the great providoring trip to Samford. She works down there and is car less courtesy of offspring. I go anyway so what the heck? I am a regular creature. After donating eggs to us ( chicken eggs btw ... now Roger is retired there may be time and compassion to think about a chicken run :angel: and a POND :evil: ) which I always paid for. The eggs. She refused payment. My grammar is awful.

On the way down we discussed our upcoming and for now imaginary orchard. she wants to buy us a fruit tree. I hastily dissuaded her. Family arguments should remain in the family. She insisted until I said we'd come and help her with her pond solution that hasn't met approval from her husband yet.

My mind says luscious dripping fruit of my youth. My reason says surveillance
and attention. Access will be good. Fruit will be better.

Doug, control the urge to bear down. Please? :lol:

Nothing subtropical here Lulu. So I am always appreciative of Paradise. The South Eastern slope of. Raining like a rap band on the roof at the moment and greying out. Cloud plus dark equals GREY. It's slipping down the value chart now to black.

Geoff, of the never forgotten and JJ .... :wave: . Your daughter was lucky.

BBL Going to stir the cats from their starved slumbers, all a lie because it was so manky outside they came in voluntarily. Bo's reconnaissance this morning took five minutes when he went back to lie on the clean washing. Loki had a few scuttles up and down trees and made her current sitting spot on MY spot. Roger came in from the privations of the weather and here she was, on HIS spot.

At least I got mine back.

Cats are on the planet to drive us nuts.It is working. Worked for the Egytians. Trouble is we love 'em.:heart:

BBL

Back already. memory stuff. Ken! CONGRATULATIONS on giving your kids the
absolute trip of a lifetime. I wish you so much well in your family's adventure and hope that you find your North Face of Paradise.

Yorky
07-19-2013, 04:11 AM
Doug, control the urge to bear down. Please?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love your comment on the Egyptians. :lol:

You should write a book :D

Doug

ScarletLake
07-19-2013, 05:50 AM
:clap: :clap: TGIF TGIF:clap: :clap:

I don't know why I am excited it is Friday. They seem to be flying by and I don't work but it does seem like a LONG week to me. I'll be glad when I get an expert opinion on the Rt. Heel fracture but July 29th is a way off.

This morning I will see one of my friends who is coming into town. He is almost full time dedicated to the art of Origami. Some things are happening for him so will be nice to get together.

Lulu - Great pics --I like the name Olivia but not very royal I imagine. I don't think I could live my life with all that attention. I would love it if Kate was not even going to that hospital where all the press are camped.

Geoff - Sorry to hear about your eye exam. I think it is amazing what they can detect. I was already told in my 40's that they could see the very beginnings of a cataract but it would take about 15 years to fully develop.

Doug - Hope your test can help solve what is bothering you.

Annie - Little Abbey kitty is something else. Roughly 3 months old. Full of energy. Beautiful markings. She keeps us in stitches. One of my good friends is coming over and we are going to try to trim her nails.:rolleyes: They are like razor blades. I have a scratch on my leg where she caught me earlier this week.

JJ - Your daughter was very lucky and glad that she is taking the car to a professional to double check everything.

Well off to surf the internet a bit.

Anita

Flattwo
07-19-2013, 06:21 AM
Hi to All

Blistering hot here!

Doug, an ultra sound is about the only procedure in a hospital that does not hurt! good luck

Henry

Lulu
07-19-2013, 07:03 AM
Lulu - --I like the name Olivia but not very royal I imagine. I don't think I could live my life with all that attention. I would love it if Kate was not even going to that hospital where all the press are camped.

Well, whatever the name I'm 100% positive that it won't be called North!!!! (poor baby West...why do parents do that to their children??!).

Hi Henry. Thinking of you and Lesley often.

Well it's time for bed here, and I'm really off. Going to hibernate for a while and get some painting done, instead of being distracted.......one of my holiday resolutions.......will see how long I can keep it.:D

:wave:

Yorky
07-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Well, I survived the scan :lol:

The technician asked about liver tests and settled on a possible problem with my gall bladder. I have to wait a week for the results by which time the doctor witll have scan and blood test results to make a diagnosis by.

Doug

Strawberry Wine
07-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Good Day Washers !!!!!

Hot Hot Hot here as well We were scheduled to have rain yesterday and we didn't so I must water in a few minutes before it gets too hot and humid. Major cool down tomorrow to about 23 C. and then about 25 C for the coming week. We will see.

We had so much fun at Char and Ted's and the week flew by way too fast. :( It was "stinkin hot" but the lake is just a few steps away down the slope. Beautiful clear water ! We just about lived in it Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Thanks again Char !

Doug, gall bladder issues not great news but not really bad news either. Sometimes a change in diet can clear things up quickly. :crossfingers: Technicians on this side of the pond are not permitted to say anything about what they are seeing on their monitor.

Anita, good luck with the nail trimming on the kitten. Just use your regular human nail clippers and take just the sharp tip off.

Henry, what a bargain :thumbsup: and as always you and Lesley are in my thoughts.

Lulu, beautiful sunset photo

Time to start watering. :wave: to all

Cheers,

Gail

Flattwo
07-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Hi

Doug, glad to hear that your problem is being diagnosed, should be a reasonably easy fix

Gail, the paints are terrific, they were actually second hand with only the yellow being very slightly used, looks like someone gave up on watercolour.

Cheers

Henry

Scene Chaser
07-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Good Day All,
Going to be very hot again today. In the 100's F but it will gradually cool off to the low 80's next week. :)

Annie, take the fruit tree, and let Roger build a chicken run. That is a dream I have.

JJ, glad your daughter was able to avoid a catastrophe with the car. He mate will definitely hear about it.

We lost our power last night for a couple of hours. Still don't know why. But relieved we didn't have to sleep without the A/C on.

Baby? Guys only get excited about their own babies.

Doug, the only ultrasound I had was to see if I had a gallstone. I do. I was able to see it myself.

Henry, maybe if the person had used just one more colour, he would have been hooked. Thinking of (((you and Leslie.)))

My brother had his removed because it was inflamed, I think is was because the doctor got paid for it.

I will remain indoors again today.
Bill

Yorky
07-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Bill, the technician spent some time examining both sides and said the liver looked OK. I said I hoped so as I don't drink alcohol and she said there was maybe a gall bladder problem. I hope I can get a definite diagnosis next week.

Ruth had her gall bladder removed and doesn't seem to have had any adverse effects.

Doug

Roun2it
07-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Good day each. .... :wave:

Well we are still in a whirlwind here, Tuesday we did Wellington Point, sun was out and so we sat on the beach all day.

Wednesday we did Steve Irwins Australia Zoo, it was excellent, the kids loved it and they could interact with the animals. I just couldn't get Adam to play with the tigers though. Then at night off to a large pub to watch the State of Origan game and Brisbane won !!! Joanne got hooked so Pat she may be coming to watch Wigan next season! She even enjoyed the streaker ......

Then after the match we went back to Michaels house were both he and Joanne announced that they had a surprise for Chris and I, for our joint 60th birthday present, they had booked us all into a beach villa in Burleigh Head, part of the Gold Coast for 4 days. So that's another holiday within a holiday!

So yesterday drove through Surfers Paradise to the villa and its fantastic, a heated pool and loads for the kids to do. So off for an evening swim at sundown. Then after a light rain shower this morning the sun came out and we managed a full day on the beach, kids surfing and boogie boarding, it was a great day.

Just got back from an Italian meal in Broadbeach and its now pouring down outside ...... Need a plan for tomorrow.

Rang Annie today and confirmed everything for our meet on Sunday, we are supposed to be doing Wet n Wild before we go to Annie's so haven't a clue what state I will be in by the time we get there.

Doug, seems like they are making headway on your problem now, hope all goes smoothly and it gets quickly sorted.

Henry nice catch, love to you and Lesley

Lulu, all that effort to get up so early, to brave the cold before 7am to get that sun RISE shot and everyone thinks its a sunset ...... :lol: great pic though.

Ok gotta go,typing this in bed and falling asleep at the same time.

Yorky
07-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Sounds like you are having a great time with your family Kev. Look forwar to your report of the mini meet on Sunday.

Doug

CharM
07-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!... I'm just a passerby again this morning. The kids will be leaving around noon, I think... Theirs is at least an 8 hour drive to get home, so they don't want to leave too late. We're still melting in the heat out of doors. Although, yesterday it was only about 35C.

We took the Girls to see Despicable Me 2 last evening. What a hoot! We laughed and laughed.

With this heat, the little black flies are biting and my right ankle has swollen enormously because of all the little bites. I've applied an antihistamine cream, but it's probably not strong enough. :rolleyes:

That's it for now...

Oh... I forgot to mention... Gail, I didn't call back because our phone was out of order. It came back early this morning. Our internet was also down all day yesterday. We didn't get any horrific storms here, but in Pembroke (next to Petawawa) where the kids live, a severe storm uprooted trees along with damaging hail... they couldn't contact anyone till last night because the phones and hydro were down in that area. Jon's friend is cleaning up after a tree came down on his house. Jon's going to be cutting wood all weekend.

Oh, the weather.

:wave: Everyone... I'm still not caught up, but I hope that yours is the very best possible day! :heart:

olliewood0702
07-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Hello ONE and ALL!

It's kind of windy today which is good because at least there is a breeze. It's supposed to be hot again today with possibly severe thunderstorms this afternoon and then dropping off to 80°.

Jen and Kelsea stopped here at work to pick up my car to drive Preston and Kaitlyn over to Detroit for Warped Tour. It's a day long festival of bands. There are indoor and outdoor venues. Jen doesn't have air conditioning in her car so I offered her mine.

Larry said he opened some of the doors at his work yesterday and management made him close them. I swear they just love seeing those guys suffer in the heat. They sit in their nice little air conditioned offices while the guys who actually MAKE the product sweat and suffer.:o Today they'd feel this nice breeze if they were allowed to open the doors. I told him that he needs to contact OSHA; but he probably won't.

Judy, that is so sad about your grands kitty.:crying: It sounds like he ran out of his lives.

LuLu, those pics are lovely; ahh those sunsets. I hope the earthquakes don't amount to anything.

Doug, I'm glad you had your scan and that they don't think it's anything major. Well having your gall bladder out is probably considered major but at least it's fixable.:crossfingers:

Henry, can you imagine ANYONE not liking watercolor? But it's to your benefit that they didn't.:thumbsup:

I'm excited about the royal baby too. I cannot even imagine what they'll name her/him but I'm anxiously waiting. THe West baby....who cares?:rolleyes:

Bill, we'd like to see pics of your cleared out property. Maybe after they are all done.

Gail, glad you enjoyed your time at Char's. I just knew you'd all be floating during those scorching days.

Annie, I agree with Doug, you could write a bestseller; and have everyone laughing.

Anita, I'm SO GLAD IT'S FRIDAY TOO!

Kev, after Wet and WIld you'll be whipped but alive.:lol: It'll be a fun time. WOW...what a great surprise that Michael and Joanne got for your 60th Birthdays! Lucky you getting to meet Annie and JJ!

Char, I'm glad you had such a nice visit with your family and friends.

I hope you all have a GREAT day; I'm trying not to wish my life away but cannot wait until it's 5pm.:D

((())) to all in need.

BBL:wave: :heart:

NancyR
07-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Good Morning everyone, heat and unending sunshine is back. Chance of thunderstorms tonight from the Gulf of Mexico due to the high sitting above us. Strange to have storms coming in from the east, since they usually come in from the west.

Doug, If it is your gallbladder, the surgery is a breeze; and you will not miss it at all.

Lulu, From the few photos you have placed in the wash, the Cook Islands are paradise. I love the tropics and the ocean, but DH will not even get in the water.

Geoff, Hope your eye test comes back OK. I have photos of my eye taken at every exam. So far, everything is normal. I worry because my mother has macular degeneration and is slowing going blind.

JJ, I am so glad that your daughter was not hurt. Hope her mate gets a talking to about finishing the job correctly.

Bill, The safest place to be is inside when the temperatures reach the 100s. When we have to go shopping, you look for a spot to park the car with a little shade. We had to stop going to Vegas in the summer, because I could not take the heat anymore.
Kevin, What a wonderful vacation you are having!:clap: I hope you have taken lots of photos.

Char, At least you have the lake to cool off in when it does get hot. Hope the heat spell breaks soon.

Got to get to work. I am taking an extra-long lunch to visit the Sprint store this morning. Will fill you all in on the details if I am successful.

Darla, we cross-posted. I wish your husband would contact OSHA. They could get heat exhaustion working in those conditions.

Henry, :grouphug: to you and Lesley. What a wonderful bargain on paints.

Hugs to all in need.

LynnM
07-19-2013, 09:52 AM
:wave: WARM again! A/C on, cooler tomorrow they say, I hope. Hope the same for all you who are sweating out there too :)

Soccer game was bearable for those watching, we were in the shade with a little breeze. Only 4 kids turned up on the other team, so they shortened the field with portable nets and played 3 on 3, just to give the kids some practice. One of our players was assigned to their team so they could have a few breaks too. Lots of water, and changes out. Our team gets the ‘win’ by default of not enough players. No goals were scored! I got some nice photos of GS.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2013/97813-Zachary_plus__background_Medium_Web_view.jpg
I love the little vignette in the background, don't know who they are, but a nice interaction and takes away focus from GS, but fun!

He spent some time in goal, and did well.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2013/97813-Zachary_goal_1_Medium_Web_view.jpg

Nice newsy wash this morning, greetings to all here, and all to come, hope you have a good day!

:grouphug: :grouphug: to all in need :heart:

shipbroker
07-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Geoff, Hope your eye test comes back OK. I have photos of my eye taken at every exam. So far, everything is normal. I worry because my mother has macular degeneration and is slowing going blind.

Just back from examination....painful today as eyes very dry with heat,will know in a couple of weeks when consultant wants to see me Nancy.....this is all diabetic related and apparently the cataract isn't really anything to do with it......strange but as long as I have eyesight I don't care who is to blame.

Watching golf for remainder of afternoon till the discomfort dies down.

geoff

Yorky
07-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Sorry you are suffering with dry eye Geoff. Hope you get some relief.

Doug

LynnM
07-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Glad you are getting some investigation, Doug, I hope it leads somewhere useful.

That's uncomfortable, Geoff, do you have the lubricant drops? I find they help.

Keep an eye out for our Canadian, Graham De Laet, he's down the pack, but not doing too badly considering, probably won't show up on TV!

JudyL
07-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Morning, all quiet here, Jack just off for his run, and I'm about to head off for my walk. I want to do this early(ish) as it is to top 100+ today.

Still missing Scooby, Dufensmerts will be missing him. Scooby was a champion mouser.

TTFN

Uschi
07-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Good Morning!!!

Posting from the library computer.

Another stiniking hot day, tomorrow will be better and on Sunday down to 23C, it will feel downright cold:lol: Also haven't had a drop of rain in over a week.

I went to drop off garden waste first thing in the morning. It was there from quite some time ago and started to smell.

Last night had a phone message from techi son, computer is fixed and if I was in a hurry I couod come to his business place and pick it up today, or wait until the weekend and he would bring it. I went there but he wasn't. Will call him later.

A computer sure uses up a lot of one's day, I have all sorts of time on my hands now, well the fact that it is too hot to garden also has something to do with that.

Oh, I meant to tell you that my GS Ethan has been offered to permanently study at the National Ballet School of Canada. Very prestigeous (sp?) and a boarding school. He has spent the last three weeks there for a trial. We are all shocked and delighted that he was accepted.

Time is up again.

:wave: to All and sending hugs and prayers for those of you who are not well.

Uschi

LynnM
07-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Congrats to Ethan, Uschi! that is indeed an accomplishment.

WthrLady
07-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Sitting here (again) waiting for the stuff from government storage to show up. They are now over due by 4 weeks and 20 minutes. This is the third time they said they'd be here and I've sat waiting and waiting. Heaven help them if they don't show today! (supposed to have been here at 10am)

Want your photo taken from space today. During a 15-minute period starting at 5:27 p.m. Eastern time and ending at 5:42 p.m. go outside and look towards Saturn. The Cassini space craft will be taking photos of Saturn and Earth. :D Just a fun thing. (Geeky household here, eh?)

Uschi. wow congrats to the boy!

Poor kitty. :(

Doug - gallbladders are just a plain pain in the ...well, everywhere!

Heading towards 100 again today. Now over a month with no rain. Corn and soybeans still look great though, and the farmers are baling the second round of hay. Now we could use some rain to get the summer wheat in the ground and boost the corn before harvest.

Everyone have a super day.

painterbear
07-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 11:30 a.m. here in sweltering Oakwood...temps in the 90°Fs, but feels like 100°F with the humidity factored in. Relief is on the way (along with storms and high winds like we had a week ago) on Sunday. Just hope the winds by pass our street again. :crossfingers:

Just got back from my PT session. The tech really had me work my knee and my balance today on a variety of different apparatuses (apparati?) Will enjoy my reposo this afternoon and a stationery bike ride after that. Poor Larry still hasn't been able to begin running again and he is missing it. He thinks he may have a strain or a slight tear in his muscle in the leg, so he has been using the RICE regimen which is helping but it is still not 100%. He asked the PT tech about what would be a good way to go about getting back and she told him it is going to take several weeks to heal completely. But even then, he needs to start out walking before he tries running and stretching after he does to get the muscles back in shape. Good advice.

JJ, I'm so glad Tania listened to her instincts and took the car to the garage right away. That could have been a very serious accident if the tire had come off completely. :eek:

Kev, What a lovely vacation you are having with your family. Bravo!!!!

Uschi, What an achievement for your GS Ethan. If he wants to make ballet his profession, he has to start young and obviously he has talent to be offered this opportunity to study at the National Ballet School of Canada!

Geoff, I also have chronic dry eye (probably due to diabetes) and last year my eye doctor told me to use eye drops twice a day. Once when I get up in the morning and again in the afternoon. It really does make a difference. The kind I use is called Refresh.

Lynn, What great photos of your handsome GS! Both would make wonderful paintings. Maybe a diptech????

Doug, Glad your scan is done and perhaps it will lead to a solution to your tummy problems.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

LynnM
07-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Thanks, Sylvia....not sure I am up to portraits yet :) I hope the winds miss your street this time.

What an experience Tania had, JJ! Wonderful that nothing serious happened. I can relate, my son was practicing putting on the wheels of our old truck, and forgot to finish tightening one front wheel....I turned a corner and thank goodness someone yelled at me from outside and I stopped just before it fell off. I had just driven 10 K on a straight road with it like that!

Flattwo
07-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks Lynn

Your GS looks like a soccer star in the making!

Henry

NancyR
07-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Fun news for a change! I went to Sprint and got $300 off on an iPad mini connect to their network. I can use it anywhere without wifi. My original iPad one was having problems, so this offer came in time. This one I can carry around with me every day, and when we go out of town. It was a present to myself for our upcoming anniversary. It was also because I did not need to have surgery.

Geoff, I forgot that you have diabetes. The doctor explained to me that if you have diabetes or high blood pressure it can damage your blood vessels. My DH has glaucoma in one eye due to his transplanted corneas. He has to have his pressure taken every three months.

Uschi, Wow! What great news for Ethan. Keep cool in this hot weather.

Lynn, Love the photos of your grandson.

Got to get back to work.

LynnM
07-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks, Henry and Nancy, he is doing well this year. At 9 he is able to figure out where he should be on the field, and seems to have a good eye for the action when he is in goal. He started out terribly uncoordinated but playing every year since he was 6 had really helped him. They have a very quirky coach but he does try to praise the boys when they do well, and GS does well with that.

That's good that you feel the PT is helping you, Sylvia. I am back to working on my balance too, can protect us from nasty falls.

Sounds like a good deal, Nancy.

Clara McArthur
07-19-2013, 02:13 PM
:wave: Hello everyone!

Well, it has been an age since I last signed onto Wet Canvas. It is tremendous to see everyone here and to catch up on some of the news. I can never catch up on all the wash that I've missed.

I didn't paint for a long time and am just getting back into it. Yesterday I volunteered at our local Lakeland Country Fair, where I entered 2 small watercolours and also about 10 items from my flower garden. I will go in today to see if I won any ribbons!

Lulu, so nice to read your posts
Kevin what a wonderful holiday you are having.
JJ, Scary stuff with Tania and the wheel nuts. I usually get my tires changed at the shop and they always leave a card telling me to come in and have them checked again after 100 kms. I never used to, but have done this with the last 2 changes and will continue to do this from now on. I change my tires spring and fall from All-season to Snow, and back again. Having snow ties makes all the difference to winter driving. :)

Yorky
07-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi Clara, good to see you. Just about to go to bed, but has wetcanvas been down? No replies to Clara in 4 hours ???

Doug

Uschi
07-19-2013, 07:05 PM
I am back on my own computer:clap: :clap: Black clouds, thunder and lighteningso will make this quick. This is the second round of thunderstorms with STRONG wind and lots of rain.

Annie, wanted to tell you to ask Char to show you photos of their chicken 5 Star Hotel. Ted created it and it looks sooooo good and the chickens are sooo happy and laying eggs EVERY day,

Lynn, you GS is VERY cute!!!!

JJ, :eek: :eek: Sooo lucky she is fine.

Clara, so good to see you again!!!!

Storm too close for comfort.

:wave: Uschi

LynnM
07-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Yes, Uschi, same here, I'm cutting out now. Wow, that one was close!!!

Just wanted to say welcome back to Clara.....see you tomorrow!

Saint Ragdoll
07-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Doug,
I had my gallbladder out 2 yrs ago and havent had any problems. My daughter had hers out at age 25 and her only problem is she cant eat a meal that has lots of fat or oil in it.My Doc did warn me that I wouldnt be able to digest fats as well.. I didnt eat fatty foods before my gallbladder removal so not a problem.

It is miserably hot, over 90 degrees almost every day, and my car is black so it is like an oven. I use lne lf those silver reflector shields that you put inside when it is parked and that seems to reduce the heat a little, better than nothing.

Having my wheel fall off is a nightmare of mine! I make the tire place double check the lug nuts time I go in,drives them nuts but makes me feel better, thank goodness it was discovered before anyone was hurt!!!!

I got a new ipad too! The generation 4 with retnia display, and I love it. I just have the wifi so when I am traveling I have to find a spot offering wifi, cheaper that way. I almost got the mini but it doesnt have the retnia display.

My thoughts are with those hurting.....
Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

villagernb
07-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Just reading the Wash from the last two days. Wow, busy day today!

Lynn, great action shots of your GS and what a handsome boy!

Uschi, HUGE congratulations to Ethan! What a wonderful opportunity for him. Your family must be so proud of him!

Our family wedding is one week from tomorrow. Time flies!

Good night everyone.

Anne