PDA

View Full Version : Orange and Flute on Mirror

thevaliantx
07-18-2013, 08:22 PM
I tried posting this to the Open Critique forum, but the site returned an error saying something along the lines of not being able to store the file. Weird.

This piece was done with Oil Pastels, on Strathmore Pastel Paper (the smoother side of the sheet). Size is 8"x11" I think.

I would love to hear what you think about this. :heart:

La_
07-23-2013, 03:05 AM
yummy lemon
the glass is freakishly crooked tho, would drive me mad to hang it on my wall

i think you can get away with a crooked horizon under the right circumstances, but vertical things neeeed to be vertical

la

Deshy
07-23-2013, 03:07 AM
I would like the glass straight too and filled with some orange juice please. :D Just me.

Andrewcody
07-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Pastels can be great to work with but there are some drawbacks.
You need to take some care with your mark making - same direction, fill the space and do not concentrate your efforts around drawn objects - be careful of smudging unless this is purposeful.
I am not overly worried about the champagne flute being on an angle but the thickness of the glass is a problem, as is the join between base and the stem - the base angles away from the perpendicular.
La et al are correct that having things drawn without the sloping would have drawn this to your attention.
Regards
Andrew

Deshy
07-25-2013, 09:35 AM
I am not overly worried about the champagne flute being on an angle

I kinda agree. I wouldn't have even noticed had it not been for the comment above me