PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Thursday 18th July 2013 ***

Yorky
07-18-2013, 02:37 AM
Good morning all :wave:

Another hot day in prospect once the morning haze clears.

Art class this morning they will be painting trumpets :)

Saw a report in the Daily Mail about the extraordinary Keiron Williamson (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2366724/Kieron-Williamson-10-dubbed-Mini-Monet-sees-earnings-soar-1-5m-latest-23-works-sell-250K.html) a boy painter who is just leaving primary school and is already a millionaire. Amazing work.

Doug

Lulu
07-18-2013, 05:00 AM
Hi Doug, and anyone else who has popped in while I've been sorting pics...
Nice day here, got to 15C, more of the same tomorrow. Have just been skyping the children, they are developing quite posh English accents :eek: lol

That child is certainly talented, and obviously has had some very good marketing.

Here's something for you to lie in when it gets too hot Doug :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jul-2013/1118-IMG_4407aa.jpg

doppler
07-18-2013, 05:14 AM
Hi Doug, and all to follow.

Our day was thick mist (clouds) and sporadic rain until late afternoon when the sun shined coldly for an hour. Cats and we took up favourite spots around the fire.

Too wet for the landscapers to do any more today.

Kay, what are we going to plant? A idiot ..... predictive text be damned :angel: a VISION. :heart:

Fruit trees. dwarf grafted tropical cousins of the colder climate ones. Peaches, nectarines, maybe try cherry trees or even get experimental and try an apricot. So do I yearn for the fresh sweet drippy flesh of a recently plucked one. We have Apps. Tropical apples . All should stay small enough for netting and with access(the steps washed out too) we should be able to maintain it.

So I am getting excited at the prospect .

BTW before the great washout, we had peas, beans, snake beans, tomatoes and sweet potatoes growing there. It was supposed to be our long season bed. The pumpkins on guard turned into Halloween much earlier than we could net and then the weather took its course. I won't mention the corn:rolleyes:

Given the smell from the oven, delicious of course :lol: , I won't mention nuffink.

ScarletLake
07-18-2013, 05:14 AM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

First night I have been up at 5 AM in a while. Been sleeping really good.

HEAT WAVE here again today. I saw a FB post by the Ohio Storm Chaser and he is headed to Michigan for storm chasing on Friday. Predicts very bad winds/storms there.

I think today I will get to the library. I need a good book to read. Also work in my art area. I'm never gonna get another piece of art work done until I get that space together. LOTS and LOTS of books/art mags to go through.

I don't really have many markers or pens and such. Have my watercolors all organized. Art stamps organized. Just stacks and stacks of the other stuff.

I worked on a couple of artist cards yesterday.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Anita

doppler
07-18-2013, 05:15 AM
Six months in a leaky boat, Lulu? :angel: :lol:

Hi Anita. 5 am the universal waking hour. Woke this morning and thought, I'm mad, I DID not see naked buttocks and police in a State of Origin Game. Another of the bad dreams. Spotted the news this morning and there it were :lol: :lol: :lol: Still a bit upset that the try wasn't allowed because of police interference but we won anyway.

Really going now :wave:

Lulu
07-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Six months in a leaky boat, Lulu? :angel: :lol:

:thumbsup: :lol: :lol:

Ashamed to say that that great hulking lump of naked flesh was from NZ. :eek: Hope he enjoys his $5000 fine!
Good result regardless.:thumbsup:

Hi Anita, hope you have a good day.

doppler
07-18-2013, 05:53 AM
Gosh Lulu, I thought he'd be from Melgloom/Melbourne.. Only $5000? He will have to go home to Antarctica Or somewhere warmer. Or keep fully clothed which is certainly a better aesthetic option IMHO. That's my SHOCKED IMHO. And the refs disallowed the try!!!

Off to put the head under a pillow and sigh. I wasn't mad :thumbsup:

shipbroker
07-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Afternoon all.......

Back from half a round of golf......toooooooooooo hot so walked off, had finished my water by the 3rd.

Plants drooping already and could be gone if another 2 weeks of these temperatures.......

Open on TV so will 'chill off'.......

geoff

olliewood0702
07-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Hello All,

It's sooo humid here. Another hot day; feels like an oven already out there. Tomorrow storms and cooler temps.

Anita, I have heard that we can expect severe storms tomorrow when the cold front moves through; we sure will welcome the cooler temps...just NOT the severe storms.

Geoff, drink plenty of water in those temps; guess you should have brought TWO waters.;)

Doug, that child is AMAZING! WOW...to get the perspective and shadows correct...well just mind-boggling.:eek: Thanks for sharing.

LuLU, that is a lovely pic; it looks like a nice restful place in which to nap.

Annie, have a great evening.

Had the girls again last night except Kaitlyn, she went to Prestons for his Birthday. Klaira was kind of fussy; I think she was tired and she wouldn't eat anything for me.:confused: Jen says she eats about one good meal a day. She's so tiny but doc says healthy.

Tomorrow Jen is taking Preston and Kaitlyn over to Detroit for Warped-Tour, which is a day long music fest. Many, many bands play at outside venues and inside venues. It draws a young crowd. I'm just worried about the storms that they are predicting.

Larry went in at 3am again today; his last 12 hour day this week, thank goodness. He went to bed really early last night.

I hope you all have a great day; and sending ((())) to all in need.:heart:

BBL:wave:

Flattwo
07-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Hi to all

Horribly hot here, but the Open Golf is on TV....yippee!

Doug, Keiron Williamson, does have a talent for his age, but as Lulu indicated it is the marketing that sells his work, and of course the novelty value!

I got a great deal on ebay, 12 whole pans of W&N artists watercolours in a palette, with a mini sable brush.....3 !!!!

Back to the golf

Speak Later

Henry

olliewood0702
07-18-2013, 08:32 AM
HENRY!! 12 WHOLE pans?? Of W&N ?? (plus a sable brush) WOW...you got a STEAL! Good for you.:thumbsup:

kenhuskey
07-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Good Morning All!
Getting ready for another gruelling 12 hours of work in this opressive heat. Supposed to get up around 105 on the heat index. Glad it's only for another 2 weeks before my family and I begin our journey West. Lots of things left to do>>> Ma's whittled down our "necessities" to around 8 to 9 crates (totes), the wagon still has some repairs to be made (gotta put new brakes and pads on the van), the children are eager to see mountains and possibly some Indians (not the Cleveland or Indianapolis type). It's gonna be a long travel across Missoura, Iowa, and Kansas. There will be frequent stops along the way to see some of the sites. Looks like we're gonna settle in Utah territory, although I'm partial to Wyoming, There's more settlers that homesteaded in a town called Salt Lake and ma's worried that those cowboy towns like Cheyenne are too rough and tumble. The West is a long journey from South Florida which was last years attempt to move away from the midwest. I'm eager to see Albert Bierstadt's and Ansel Adam's inspirations, and give the young'uns some cultural diversity.

I love that picture LuLu. Would make a very pretty watercolour.

painterbear
07-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to nine in the a.m. on another HOT day here in Oakwood. Sun is shining brightly through my window as I type this. I'm off to water the veggie garden when I'm done here before it gets any hotter. Plants are panting for water.

Ken,
You are right about a long journey ahead for your family. A long time ago, my DH got transferred from Whiteman AFB in Missouri to Vandenberg AFB in California. We drove cross country like you will be doing. Believe me, that is when you realize just how BIIIIIIIIIG this country is and amazing in its diverse landscapes. It's good you are planning to take breaks from the traveling to visit sites along the way. :thumbsup:

Henry, THAT is a good buy. Have fun using them.

Darla, Sounds like Klaira may be going to grow into a petite young lady. As long as the doctor thinks her size is OK for her age, Grandmom shouldn't worry. ;)

Whooops, Larry is beckoning to go out and water....he takes care of the flowers out front while I do the garden out back.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

White light to any who are ailing, aching, or taking care of those who are. :grouphug:

SYL,

Sylvia

Ellen in Ont
07-18-2013, 10:08 AM
:wave: everyone,
Just caught up on the last four days of the wash. I didn't check in as I was working nightshift and trying to sleep (unsuccessfully) in this heat wave. My cold is finally is the last phases of recovery so I'm starting to feel more normal. I am now off for a whole two weeks. :clap:

We are going to be running a few errands later today once Brian has finished doing some bodywork on the old truck. He is also on holidays and is driving down to Toronto next week for a visit with our son. I will be staying home for a nice staycation here. I plan on using some of my holidays to get some painting done.

Belated happy birthday wishes to Doug and Winnie. Lots of hugs and white light going out to those not well. I've enjoyed all the photos and stories. At least I'll be able to keep up with the wash again now that things are back to normal. I'm off for my shower and maybe get a wash load on the line. I did some bedding yesterday but with the humidity it was still slightly damp when I took it down.:rolleyes: Have a fun and productive day everyone.

Scene Chaser
07-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Good Day all,
It's 10:20 AM and already 107 in the sun.

Must check the garden but not work in it. Didn't even walk to the mailbox yesterday.
I'm in my shorts with the fan on and the shades drawn.

Bill

LynnM
07-18-2013, 10:21 AM
:wave: Sun again, the early folks have watered the gardens down below me and we are all shut inside again for the day. Except I hope to go to GS' soccer game this evening.....maybe it will let up a bit.

A bit more framing to do. And a repair on the one I varnished yesterday.....my heart sank as I noticed a light streak in a very obvious place, must have been there before, but just became more noticeable with the varnish on. Not sure if I can fix it or not. Very happy with the painted frame, though :)

What a great find, Henry!

Thank for that moment of relaxation, Lulu! Made me think of my hammock....

Hi Ken, sounds like a major move. I live in Ontario, but every summer we used to drive across to California and back (in-laws there)......wonderful trips and good memories for me. Welcome to the wash!

Doug, I saw a video some time ago about Kieran, quite the phenomenon! I was fascinated watching him paint, it really does come from inside him, he just gets on with it. Remarkable, and makes one think that 'old souls' really do exist in some people.

A whole orchard, Annie! sounds wonderful. And lots and lots and lots of netting :)

Hi Anita, Geoff, Darla, Sylvia and all to come, have a rewarding day!

Edit: Hi Ellen and Bill, cross post. Seems like we are all oppressed with this heat. Used to be we could escape 'up north' for some normal temps, not any more :( I'm hoping it's done by the time we get up there on July 26, or we'll be coming right back to the air conditioners!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Uschi
07-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Good Morning!!

I'm still on the library computer. Was hoping my computer would be back in its place when I returned from Char's - BUT - it was not to be. I haven't called techi son yet to find out why, don't really want to find out that the computer is toast.

HOT, HOT, HOT, temps well into the 30's plus humidity, EVERY day since I went down to Char's. Had a wonderful time there as always, she is definitely the hostess with the mostest and the lake was sooooooo welcome, I even went in without screaming:)

I met Char's gtranddaughters and they are a real delight and according to the photos I had seen previously they have grown soooo much.

A million flowers in my garden need deadheading but it is just too hot, I did spend almost two hours watering yesterday evening.

Char, I realized I didn't say bye to Amanda, please tell her that I wish her well with her courier plans!!!!!!

I haven't read any Washes apart from today's, will try and catch up after posting this.

:wave: Uschi

ScarletLake
07-18-2013, 11:05 AM
:wave: :wave:

It is 11AM here and I just decided I needed to sit for a bit.

I think after lunch I may venture downtown to visit coffee shop and possible the library.

I need a good book to read.

I really need to get in the mood to cook again. You know how you get in a rut with your meals.

Can't believe that it is July 18th already ---1 month from now we will be thinking about approaching fall.

Everybody have a great day

Anita

WthrLady
07-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Jars of blueberries adorn my pantry. The garage freezer is full of the little blue orbs. Ahhhhhh. My hands are back to their normal colour. :D

Today will prove just as hot, but with the winds coming up the front range, it's raising the humidity. So for the sake of DH, I will turn the air conditioner on to pull out the moisture. (It's set at 80.) I will then spend the afternoon outside.

DS joined the local junior olympic shooting group last night. (archery) He takes after his mum, who isn't allowed to shoot anymore (I've torn both triceps shooting, poor healing, more tears means surgery, yada yada yada.)

I need to take his bow for adjustment. Seems he's grown about 6 inches since last I took it in! ACK!

Wanting Henry's deal of the century story.......

I think I'll go corral my Harry Potter Hair and make some blueberry buckle and maybe go into town. OH I have some more photos for the RIL. I know, shocker, eh?

Have a great day all.

ScarletLake
07-18-2013, 06:46 PM
:wave:

Just wondered if everyone across the pond was on official baby watch.

I have a theory that here in the US Kim Kardashian is waiting to release pics of her baby to coincide with when Kate delivers.

This family loves media attention and it has been about 3 weeks since Kim had her baby and 0 pics. They dont do anything without a plan.

Well that's my idea/opinion anyway on a totally useless subject. :lol: :lol:

Foot bothering me today. ARRGH

Anita

WthrLady
07-18-2013, 07:34 PM
:wave:

Just wondered if everyone across the pond was on official baby watch.

Anita

Well of course! Since it IS family :D LOL.

I like Alexadra Victoria Elizabeth (Mountbatten):angel:

ScarletLake
07-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Caryl

that's a pretty name

Anita

JudyL
07-18-2013, 10:30 PM
A lovely and then a horrible day, Lauren (GD) and I went to Wallyworld to get school supplies, and then lunch (Freebirds World Burrito) and then stopped into a few other stops then took her home. They live on a really busy road, a that links I-5 to 99 and the truckers take that along with farm equipment. Anyway when I was taking her home (1 of 2 on that bit) we saw a bundle of grey fur, which I was hoping was a raccoon, sadly it was their year old cat, Scooby. Really awful we all loved that beast, and we had hoped he had learned. They have lost 3 cats and 2 dogs on that road. SIL was there studying so he had the awful duty. That cat had been stepped on by a cow, and also was locked in a neighbors shed.

We all cried.