PDA

View Full Version : "Vows" Acrylic/mixed media 16 x 24

blackcatbattery
07-17-2013, 10:20 PM
I purposely only spent time over a day off work and a part of another (about 5 hours total?) on this bc I was trying to complete 2 paintings in 2 days--so I could sell them cheap. Still got stupid and blurted "SURE!!" to the first offer of $100. There is thread glued to the canvas surrounding the darkened figure. C and C welcomed as always... although this one is no longer in my possession. sorry, no detail pics.

birdhs
07-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Someone certainly got a bargain! I do like your style.

I also visited your website, sure wish it had a "gallery"...

thanx4sharing

greggo

alangraham
07-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Wow yes only 100!? Then again its hard to say no when cash is flashed. Great piece and enjoying your work and style very much.

blackcatbattery
07-18-2013, 07:32 PM
I aapreciate the coments!
And ,yeah---I have a difficult time pricing ANYTHING. All I could think of was "I really need to eat and buy some titanium white..." :) That's a topic I could REALLY use advice on. I've seen some say price by the time spent (hard for me to do), by the square inch... I HAVE NO IDEA!!! It seems the main emphasis is on consistency of price- at least the appearance of a method.
Being a naturally shy person who has always underrated his art it's difficult for me "to have the audacity"(in my head) to ask a high price. What do you guys do to figure a price?

blackcatbattery
07-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Oh, by the way, the painting was sold to a friend of mine's wife for whom I had recently organized a concert and fundraiser for her cancer treatment-- so I didn't mind the thought of it going so cheaply THAT much.

blackcatbattery
07-18-2013, 07:48 PM
greggo,
I had looked at your site as well. I saw a section for "student" work. What exactly is the site for? Just curious. Oh I was born in and my family lives in Dalton. I was just in Chattanooga a few months ago. I wanted to go downtown to check out the art scene but was doing a hospital visit.
Also, my site was started at the end on my 20year swing into music. It was intended as a music site, but I will add the art to it eventually. It was done last year during my ADD swerve into learning HTML and CSS. I stopped into PHP because it was giving me fits.

birdhs
07-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Patrick--the site was set up the many facets of camp Sawdust Studios..we write and illustrate children's books, I do art and photography, we also run The Old Magic Library site which is still a WIP..

It was started a bit ago, but the site is not interactive, no sales or direct connection from viewers.

We think of it as a billboard at this time...

Next time you are in the area we'll go go out and slurp sum cheezwhizgrits and bacon an biscuits...

greggo