PDA

View Full Version : ****INVITATION**** Weekend Drawing Event 19 July 2013

oldrockchick
07-17-2013, 01:28 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/179312-art_77.gif Hi there...fellow artists..:wave:

I'd like to invite you all to join me for a celebration of the Great British Summer time...

I always plan my refs in advance and at the start of June we still had, as usual no prospect of having a 'real' summer. The last 10 years it's been cold, wet and miserable.....when I chose the refs it was with a hint of sarcasm, at the state of British Summers. The refs are a collection of photos from our holidays and trips during the last few 'summers'.

BUT since I chose my refs (including the invite) REAL SUMMER has arrived in Britain. I don't know where it has been hiding all these years but we're having a lovely sunny heatwave........

How fickle is the British weather.... still, it will give you a chance to choose from a selection of refs with different lighting....

so..........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/179312-z_invite_wde_19_Jul_13.jpg

So join me for a Summer Holiday!

Time in your part of the World

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Weekend+Drawing+Event+19+July+13&iso=20130719T0005&p1=1318

I can't wait to see you at the event. It is for any ability and all mediums.

Scotkatidid
07-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Will be there Lin, thanks for hosting.

artastic
07-17-2013, 01:52 PM
I am so loving my own summer it will be a pleasure to share yours too

connievanwinssen
07-17-2013, 02:40 PM
I'll be there!:)

breadmerchant
07-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Hoping to take part...very hot days in Toronto as well....I am due to visit London next month, so keep that heat on!

KreativeK
07-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Lin, lovely photo. Now I was there 2 weeks in May 2010 and we had brilliant sunshine and no rain the entire time. So 'twas quite pleasant. Lookin' forward to your photos!

Charlie's Mum
07-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks Lin - if I haven't melted over the weekend, I'll join you next week!:lol:

oldrockchick
07-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Maureen - we went to Art In Action in Oxfordshire today... it was so hot we had to leave at 3 ish,.... we were watching some dancing in the amphitheatre and everyone was fanning themselves. They had stewards on hand with buckets of water and sponges and plastic cups......

I didn't leave before something wonderful though....

I MET DAVID SHEPHERD..... YES THE DAVID SHEPHERD - of the wildlife trust
the awesome wildlife painter... I chatted to him, got a few tips AND I SHOOK THE HAND that created so many awesome paintings throughout the decades...... couldn't get a photo though the area was too small.....to do that.... also I have seen his LATEST PAINTING, Still WET - 2 tigers.......

Charlie's Mum
07-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Wow Lin, what a great moment! Fabulous!
We've just come back from the Cotswolds, extremely hot there too and not far from where you were I think!
David Shepherd ... wow... don't wash your hands!

guilliame
07-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Have not been well jately and the heatwave is somewhat draining.will try:wave:

oldrockchick
07-18-2013, 04:56 PM
I know - I touched the hands that painted such awesome work....

Yes the Cotswolds isn't too far from where we were, but we were further East.... The Cotswolds border on South Warwks. When I lived in Coventry it was an hour's journey but now I'm in Nuneaton to go anywhere that way we have to cross straight through or around the outside of Coventry and there's always traffic so it doubles the time... we plan to go down there in autumn, mayb stay at a Premier Inn for a few days... we want to go to the 'Art In Nature' HQ at Twigworth (where the David Shepherd Wildlife Trust' is based.), and also just down the road is Sir Peter Scott's Slimbbridge Wildfowl Trust and Gloucester itself is beautiful....
We also plan a day's visit to Bourton-In-The Water to go to Birdland and hopefully get some good bird refs.... Dave and I went there on our very first date 12 years ago!!!!!