PDA

View Full Version : Midsummer Night Rhapsody

davefriend
07-16-2013, 08:21 PM
This becomes the next in my unnamed series. It is a 16"x20" acrylic on canvas called "Midsummer Night Rhapsody". I love the palette which seems to liven the painting. I think this one is less busy but just as intense as the others.

I have turned this one many ways and it is so full of ideas that it is hard to settle on the best one, which I consider this as that best way.

I hope this is enjoyable for you and not so frantic as some of the others have been. All comments and criticisms are welcome. Thank you for taking time to look and comment.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2013/538491-midsummer_night_rhapsody_16x20_639x800.jpg

Thanks again for looking! :wave:

raeburn10025
07-16-2013, 08:43 PM
I do like the colors and patterns. Maybe I'm just used to Pollock but is there a reason why you aren't extending your strokes to the edge of the canvas?

davefriend
07-16-2013, 08:59 PM
I do like the colors and patterns. Maybe I'm just used to Pollock but is there a reason why you aren't extending your strokes to the edge of the canvas?My last one Bump in the Night (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1323212) came as close to going to the edge as any in this series. No particular reason other than I though I had said all I wanted to on this canvas. I really don't have a better answer than that! Thanks raeburn I try to keep you in mind when I am working on laying out the next one ...maybe I can stretch the lines over the edges a bit more? :D

alangraham
07-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Ah, Dave this is a special one. It looks just marvelous on many smart phone. Its dancing :).

birdhs
07-16-2013, 11:17 PM
"dancing" yes, that's it!

this seems to be happy, not scary.

but maybe it's me, my mind changes as often as my moods.

thanx4sharing this with us

greggo

davefriend
07-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Ah, Dave this is a special one. It looks just marvelous on many smart phone. Its dancing :). Oh, I'm glad you saw the dance mood in it Cory! Thanks !!

"dancing" yes, that's it!

this seems to be happy, not scary.

but maybe it's me, my mind changes as often as my moods.

thanx4sharing this with us

greggoMaybe not quite the Matisse "La Danse" but there is a lighter and happier vibe in the painting yjsm s few of the last ones I've done. Glad you liked it greggo! :)

abstractca
07-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Great colors they really talk

davefriend
07-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Great colors they really talkThank you abstractca! I think the combination colors are quite dynamic together. :)

AddiesArt
07-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Flowing, delicious, sensual ballet!

davefriend
07-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Flowing, delicious, sensual ballet!Thanks! I'm more and more seeing that dance thing in there. Ballet, nice! :thumbsup:

Jon
07-20-2013, 12:33 PM
....sensual balletI think this is a wonderful description for the work.
I am enjoying this series, Dave.

Katie Black
07-20-2013, 12:40 PM
I think this is a wonderful description for the work.
I am enjoying this series, Dave.

I agree, these are v striking. You do have a way of putting unexpected colors together, which surprise and delight!

jimwhalen
07-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Veni, vidi, what's not to lickie? :)

It's delightful, Dave.

davefriend
07-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Veni, vidi, what's not to lickie? :)

It's delightful, Dave.Jim, I'll get to vici later! :lol: Thanks Jim!!

davefriend
07-20-2013, 03:18 PM
I think this is a wonderful description for the work.
I am enjoying this series, Dave. Thanks for checking this out JON! :)

I agree, these are v striking. You do have a way of putting unexpected colors together, which surprise and delight!color as much as forms are my interest. I did gray scale of this and I thought I should have had a bit more range in it - but still I really like the color simplicities as the are together! Thanks Katie