PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of these colors?

Superturtle
07-16-2013, 01:31 AM
I've been thinking about how I'll arrange colors in my future palette, and had listed them in a spreadsheet. I made the mistake of leaving my laptop unattended with my husband, and came back to find the following list:

burnt blue
raw black
quinacridone titanium
quinacridone yellow
quinacridone umber
buff teal
indanthrone mauve
pthalo yellow
beige
silver
cobalt red
pyrolle taupe
cobalt red (yes, he wrote it twice)
burnt purple

:rolleyes: Think this follows the split primary system?

Undergoose
07-16-2013, 01:36 AM
lol!

buff teal! That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. :p

M.L. Schaefer
07-16-2013, 01:45 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ah, the mad genius of a hubby left alone to his own devices AND with a computer! I wish someone would come up with those Quin colors! (I do mix my own beiges and I do mix my own Raw Umber Violet). But have yet not discovered a way to mix my own Cobalt Red! :lol: :lol: :lol: I wouldn't mind some Burnt Purple!

:heart: M.

ingegerd
07-16-2013, 06:33 AM
Burnt blue could be blue black/lamp black.
Raw black- how about Vornezshkaya black from White Nights? It's brownish and a bit gritty, I have started to use it instead of sepia.
Indanthrone mauve must be a mix of indanthrone blue and PV 19.
Phtalo yellow must be winsor yellow( I once came across phtalo red in a book and after studying the blurry photos of the paint tubes concluded it was winsor red).
Beige, any yellow ochre or raw siena that isn't to yellow.

I think you will have to stick to dark winter landscapes .

If you ever send your husband to by paints don't forget to write a very detailed list.

Superturtle
07-16-2013, 11:04 AM
I forgot to mention he made up the color cerulean beige and ALWAYS asks me if I'm painting with it. Perhaps this is a sign that I talk too much about paint.

artdragon86
07-17-2013, 09:57 AM
bahahaha "Burnt Blue" could be a good band name :P

Dragoon
07-17-2013, 04:19 PM
I agree, Burnt Blue is awesome! (it sounds like a good description of my favourite paint, Blue Apatite).

Thanks for sharing the list, Julie! Your husband has a great sense of humour!
D.

Quinacridone Gold
07-24-2013, 03:26 AM
I agree, Burnt Blue is awesome! (it sounds like a good description of my favourite paint, Blue Apatite).

Thanks for sharing the list, Julie! Your husband has a great sense of humour!
D.

Or of Sodalite!
Lovely story.

olliewood0702
07-24-2013, 08:45 AM
:lol: :lol: Too funny; great names he's invented!