PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Tuesday July 16 2013****

Lulu
07-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Well, a hiccup for WetCanvas for a while.....not that the Northern Hemisphere probably noticed!

After posting this at the end of yesterday's Wash I decided to copy and paste to a new one because.........it is July 16th here and it is.......Doug's birthday!
So Happy Birthday Doug, hope you have a fantastic day!:heart:

Plus no one told me we were stood under a sign that said ... Inspections Welcome!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you told Izzy that there is an icecream shop named after her in the Cook Islands?? The one you forgot to get photographed under.....:p

Hap (and Annie), you just look amazing!

Back to sitting in the sun - it is a glorious winter's day here, currently 12.6C, and I have a very sheltered spot to pretend I'm on holiday and read my book for a half hour or so. :wave:

shipbroker
07-15-2013, 10:44 PM
MOrning Lulu and all following.

Happy Birthday Doug.

Well it is hot even at this hour and just starting to get light, will try for another hours sleep but am up early for a few holes of golf. wont be many as partner had 4 kidney stones removed last week!

Back later

geoff

Lulu
07-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Found this on facebook for you Geoff :p

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2013/1118-sleepkicks.jpg

Yorky
07-16-2013, 02:37 AM
Good morning all. Thanks for the birthday wishes. 72!

Had a reasonable night's sleep, too hot in the bedroom though.

Will be having lunch with an old friend on Thursday to celebrate mine and Ruth's birthdays ( hers was last month).

Lovely photo of the twins Lulu :lol:

Doug

FLNH
07-16-2013, 04:29 AM
Never too early to wish Doug a happy birthday.

Back to bed.

doppler
07-16-2013, 04:40 AM
Happy birthday Doug. Probably belated but meant.

Geoff, of the never forgotten :wave: :heart:

Hap and Annie :thumbsup: :heart:

Lulu, my dear Roger wanted to start a Website called U twit Face. Neither of us are a fan of those sites. I do understand the privacy issues BTW. Had a long post- work, for them :cool: , discussion with our landscaper and his sidekick this afternoon.

BTW they are splendid in the work and planning and in people themselves they are.:thumbsup: Wonderful.

Well, that's my day. I am SO looking forward to be blue ( able ... read predictive text) to walk into the lower vege garden again and start planting. Given that, cauliflower, broccoli, English spinach, and inventiveness :rolleyes: I can hear Roger now crying to the sky :lol:

doppler
07-16-2013, 04:42 AM
Karl, sleep tight :)

Europa
07-16-2013, 05:48 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!

Popping in....busy day today....just wanted to say.....

Happy Birthday Doug....have a great day xxx

Also Happy Birthday to my lovely Mum.....93 today....am so lucky.

LUGGLES

Pat xxxx

laudesan
07-16-2013, 06:21 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG xxxxx

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2013/22284-10732-happy_birthday.gif

Yorky
07-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Thanks folks!

A Happy Birthday to Winnie too.

Had a call from son Peter in Kansas City. He's helping commission robots in the Ford factory.

Doug

cloudchaser
07-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Hello all,

Going to be another HOT day here in the Fens.

Nearly ready to set off for an afternoons gardening work .:(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WINNIE
Hope you both have a great day!

Take care all, (((((white light))))) for healing to all those unwell at the moment.

regards
Tony.:wave:

Scene Chaser
07-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Good Day All,

Happy Birthday, Doug

I wonder if a small air conditioner for the bedroom would be a good investment. Even for the few days of the year you would need it. We have a portable model we use.

Happy Birthday, Winnie A big kiss and hug for you. (((XXX)))

Tony, donít overdo it in the heat.

Itís already 75 F here and will be getting much warmer.

To those wondering about cameras in my garden, I have two motion detector cameras set up and hoping he walks into view. I did consider a ten foot hole trap with spikes, but just for a second or two.
Bill

GramPat
07-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Happy birthday, Doug! And Happy, Happy to Winnie too!

Pat

Roun2it
07-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Just of to bed but must say Happy Birthday to both Doug and Winnie ..... :wave:

wcartistsr
07-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Good Morning. HOT, HOT here. Summer came back with a vengeance.

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Doug! Wishing you a great day.
And Happy Birthday to Winnie! What a special number. Yes, Pat, you are blessed and so is she to have you.

I am declaring myself well again. I have not coughed for three days. I have been able to turn my oxygen back to its original setting and my extreme shortness of breath has gone away. I feel "normal", my normal that is.

Yesterday we went to Dow gardens for a visit. They have a tremendous sculpture exhibit there from Zimbabwe, stone carvings by artists of that country. There are 100 sculptures on display throughout the gardens. I took pictures and I will put them up after I get them out of the camera, hopefully soon. After that we went for lunch at the hotel downtown. It was nice to get out.

This morning we have a funeral to go to, a man from our church that we knew. He had a wonderful life and died at 91.

Still writing on my ancestry and will be for quite awhile. I enjoy it.

Wishing you all a great day.

Shirley

olliewood0702
07-16-2013, 08:26 AM
HAPPY 72nd BIRTHDAY DOUG !!

HAPPY 93rd BIRTHDAY WINNIE !!

I hope your days are wonderful and memorable!

We never received even a drop of rain at home last evening. It poured at work here but nothing at home.:confused: So Larry watered everything.

I called my Mom last night to talk to her; she's doing well. She said it's HOT up north too; and she has no A/C. She doesn't like it too cold though although she said she wasn't enjoying the sticky humidity.

I have my strong, black coffee and a peach for breakfast here at work; I need to get started on my data entry now.:thumbsup:

Today it's supposed to be VERY HOT and HUMID and again tomorrow before temps will drop from the 90's back to 80's. I'm looking forward to Sunday when they will be in the 70's (at least that is what they are saying lately)

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day today; stay cool!

BBL:wave: :heart:

shipbroker
07-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Hot and Humid here too........too warm for Golf but did 10 holes.

Happy Birthday Winnie.....

geoff

LynnM
07-16-2013, 08:58 AM
:wave: Sun (what's new!) and no breeze, not walking far today. Cancelled my trip to be with my son's family, just too complicated to fit around the various maintenance visits re ants. But, and this is great, he will come for supper next week as he is on his own with the family still on holiday. So I will get some quality time with him :D It will be his 49th birthday that week....hard for me to believe, surely I am not that old :wink2:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DOUG AND WINNIE!!!!

I noticed, Lulu, just some odd things and then not able to get in for a little while, and then because they reset, things I thought I had answered needed answering again, and then my post reappeared.....la la land! I might have to brave dreaded FB to see your pictures, I'm interested enough :)

Glad you are feeling better, Shirley, that was hanging on too long.

:lol: the pit trap, Bill, very strange behaviour (not you, the vandal!) I would be wary, sounds like a disturbed person to carry it on so long.

10 holes is a lot in the heat, Geoff!

Speaking of golf, I watched a gripping end to the John Deere classic on the weekend. A Canadian was in the final playoff, made it more interesting than most. The 19yr old won, a man to watch (not ours, unfortunately). We also have a Canadian in the British Open, so I will be looking for updates :)

Hi Darla, Kev, Pat, Tony, Annie, JJ, Winnie's Pat :), Karl and all to come, hope you have a rewarding day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Scene Chaser
07-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Shirley, glad you are feeling better.

Lynn, no, you are not that old. You are too busy to be old.

Bill

NancyR
07-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Good morning. Still nice and cool today. Happy birthday to Doug and Winnie. Hope you have a wonderful day and many more!

LynnM
07-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Bill :)

JudyL
07-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Morning,

I have a horrible itch and rash around my throat and neck, probably a result of floating in the pool on Saturday. I did have sunscreen on, it was odd, about 6 of us women were just sitting / floating around really watching the kids, one a 3 year old girl needed to be watched. Anyway, I have spent a good part of the morning looking for a tube of Savlon that I brought from the UK. I was not successful, but found something else.

May forgo my walk this morning, don't need more sun.

Happy Birthday Doug and Winnie, hope it's a lovely day.

Superturtle
07-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Happy Birthday, Doug and Winnie!

New Gamboge
07-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Happy Birthday Doug and Winnie - and many more of them!

Yes Lulu - I noticed the WC glitch - I was reading yesterday's Wash and couldn't get to page 2 or anywhere else. A short time later I was then able to finish reading and add a comment. Betty

kaypainter
07-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Happy Birthday Doug!!

Happy Birthday to Winnie!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2013/130068-graphics-happy-birthday-168951.gif

Sunday was a sad day even though it was full of laughter as well. We had the memorial for my friend Joene who died at only 57. It was in a theatre which was totally appropriate as she was an actress and director. I will miss her terribly.

Monday was dentist day. I think I mentioned I went to the endodontist on Friday and he felt I needed the crown re-done. So that was Monday shot. I did go shopping after because I couldn't eat until the anesthetic wore off. :D Bought some T-shirts and rubber zoris and a pair of canvas slip ons. Gosh it must be summer!

Shirley glad you are finally cough free.

Judy could you be allergic to one of the ingredients in your sunscreen?

Lynn great that you get to spend time with your son soon.

Darla there seems to be a terrible heat wave all up the eastern seaboard and going west to your area. Supposed to be very hot over Ohio. Everyone take care and stay inside or in the shade and lots of fluids!

Annie your new terraced garden sounds wonderful. Pix?

Hap!!! You and Anne look fabulous. Loved the video. You may have another career as a celebrity impersonator. Whenever they need a Pres. Taft you could be the go to guy. :D :thumbsup:

Okay must get going

:wave: :wave: to all

HAWLTAIN

Kay

Flattwo
07-16-2013, 01:53 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG!

I thought this was fun

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2013/3457-934627_463650447064849_1581923522_n1.jpg

Henry

Yorky
07-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks Henry, pretty low key here. Went bowling this afternoon and treated my friends to cakes :)

Shirley, good to hear you are back to normal now :clap:

Doug

happhoto
07-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Woo HOO! Popping in again today:clap: :thumbsup: Two days in a row!
Happy Birthday to Winnie and Doug, both Icons in the WC family!:thumbsup:
Bill hope you get that rascal on camera and take it to the police and get him charged with trespass and vandalism, and malicious mischief!

Thanks for all the nice comments re my President Taft moment...it was hot, 88 degrees F and we were sitting in full sun, me in top hat, Swallowtail coat, and wool trousers...but I stayed in character for 12 innings.

Things here have been so busy this summer it's been since late May since I've had a chance to put brush to paper....:eek: :( I am HOPING that will change in August, no hope for July now!

Amanda arrived safe and sound this am and she and Anne are out at Anne's classroom getting some cleaning and organizing done. I am here but have shopping and groceries to get today as well as gassing up the van....busy day! Hope to catch a bit of the Tour De France if I get time and then there's the All Star Baseball game this evening...and more cleaning and work tomorrow!

Hugs to all!
hap

villagernb
07-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Good late afternoon.

Busy couple of days with the deck!

Happy birthday, Doug!:clap:

Happy Birthday, Winnie!:heart:

Bill, I wouldn't blame you if you dug the pit!:evil:

Lynn, hope you can defeat the ant colony.

Kay, it's always so hard to say farewell to our good friends.:crying:

May be back later, we'll see!

Anne

painterbear
07-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Good afternoon all,
It is 3:30 p.m. on a busy, busy day for me and a HOT day for Oakwood...closing in on the triple digits in some places.

Just put some Etli Kabak Dolmasi (Turkish Stuffed Zucchini [aka courgettes]) in the oven to cook. Got these lovely locally-grown zucchini on Sunday. This is one of our favorite Turkish recipes. You cut the ends off and hollow out the centers, then stuff with a ground beef, rice, onion mixture and bake covered with some beef broth and pureed tomatoes. Serve with plain yogurt on top. Yummy! Naturally, I am doing enough for two times so the next time we have them will be a breeze. :D

Went to my PT this morning and worked on four different machines that concentrated on different areas of my leg and knee. The PT does seem to be working, now I just have to keep doing the exercises at home.

Wanted to wish two of our stalwarts Doug and Winnie a most
:music::music::music:HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:music::music::music::music:
and may you both celebrate many more. Here's a cake for you to share.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2013/9833-Birthdaycake.jpg

Too many to address individually this late in the day, so I'll just :wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

White light and healing vibes to all who are ailing or aching.

SYL,

Sylvia

Europa
07-16-2013, 05:35 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Mum had a lovely day and says to thank you all for your kind wishes - she said she is so lucky to have people all over the world sending her wishes and most of them she has never met but she sends you all big hugs.

My brother Michael turned up - again.....blimey that is twice in two weeks and the first time in years he has been up for her birthday - he even bought her a present. :eek:

John and I got her some flowers - she looked at the card and said.......John and Pat - am trying to think who they are!!! :eek: WHAT!!!

Am putting it down to the heat.....lol.

Oops better go she is calling for me.........sending hugs all around

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

ScarletLake
07-16-2013, 06:01 PM
:eek: :eek: OH MY:eek: :eek:

See what I miss when I don't check in early in the morning.

DOUG - :heart: HAPPY 72ND BIRTHDAY:heart:

WINNIE - :heart: HAPPY 93RD BIRTHDAY TO YOU:heart:

Just staying quiet today

Anita

Yorky
07-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks everyone, having a quiet evening here too Anita.

Doug

kaypainter
07-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks Henry, pretty low key here.
Doug

I thought you meant Henry's musical posting. It is a very low key. So low it fell off the staff. :lol: :lol: :lol: :angel:

Kay

ScarletLake
07-16-2013, 07:26 PM
:wave: :wave:

Just watching the evening news here and I heard that the Wigen Fc were playing against the Dayton Dutch Lions here locally tonight at 7pm.

I rem a lot of you mentioning them.

Just had to share.

Anita

olliewood0702
07-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Just came in from sitting outside reading. The girls were here as Jen had to close and Matt is working out of town. We had a nice evening. Larry had to go to bed early as he has to go into work at 3am.

Char, Gail and Uschi must be having so much fun they don't have time to drop in.:envy: I bet they've been laying in the lake all day.

I hope those who need hugs will accept them :grouphug: and those who are hurting will feel better soon.:heart:

Good night!:wave:

JudyL
07-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Kay, I have used that sunscreen and not had any problems, so I think it was just a bad combination. I got some anti-itch cream and it's much better. I did go on my walk but covered up which was a good idea anyway, the wind came up!

I have been disgracefully sloth like today, wonderful :smug: but now I feel I should do something useful. I did make Jack a lovely BLT with some of my stash of British back bacon, I had some of my useful chicken salad (the kind made from TJ's canned chicken, it is a lot like tuna salad but I like the chicken better. Good to have it around, DD and the sprouts gravitate towards that when they need a nosh. I will have to stop referring Lauren as a "sprout" she's 18, and is vainly searching for a job, no takers.

Jack is out in the pool, which is why I could not get to my computer for ages, he was "doing up" his office, which is where mine lives.

Love the "Sound of Silence" !