PDA

View Full Version : first ever non objective piece thats worth sharing.

Inward Arts
07-15-2013, 10:39 AM
well, im new to the art world & Im focusing on non objective and primitive contemporary (???who knows really!)

After much frustration, I came up with this. It feels illusive to me; like Im not sure how to repeat what I did. I guess that is the awe of non objective art. (contrary to a realist) No 2 pieces are ever alike!

its small, 10x10 acrylic.
no title. I have yet to sign it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2013/1239792-2013-07-09_02.57.44.jpg

Any feedback (positive or negative) is welcome. Im new and am very ready to learn.
Thanks,
Rachel

trufflecat
07-15-2013, 11:32 AM
This is very interesting, maybe an aerial view of intersecting roads? I like your use of complementary orange and blue-green. A larger photo would be nice and some closeups so we can see the texture. Good work!

Inward Arts
07-15-2013, 12:00 PM
funny you mentioned intersecting roads: I had a dream after this one that I was going to fast, approaching an intersection, and the cops were going to pull me over! I was going to call it Intersection, but I hadn't decided with certain. I think I will now! Here is the only close up I have of it~

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2013/1239792-2013-07-09_02.57.52.jpg

birdhs
07-15-2013, 01:00 PM
"Abstract art, nonfigurative art, nonobjective art, and nonrepresentational art are loosely related terms. They are similar, but perhaps not of identical meaning." Wikipedia.....

If you call it 'intersection' then it no longer is 'nonobjective art or nonrepresentational art ' as it represents something.. But in any case it is always good to see new artists no matter what they call their work.

I like this. I always assign meanings to what I see, so I cannot ever actually create n-o/n-r works. This has a nice 'feel.

thanx 4 sharing this with us, hope to see even more

greggo

birdhs
07-15-2013, 01:00 PM
If you do NOT want C&C please just let us know:wave:

greggo

Inward Arts
07-15-2013, 02:03 PM
I'd love the C&C although I dont exactly know what it means...If it involved comments/critique, then bring it on. I need the feedback.

Interesting point about how I name it. I did set out to do non objective work..it wasn't until after that I found the name. Hmmm. So if I name it with a noun, it Poof! becomes an abstract. I guess it would ~ its just interesting b/c its after the fact. Ill have to consider that as I name it.

Thanks for your comments. Im learning everyday!

mang
07-15-2013, 03:45 PM
I really like this, it's a very strong shape and I love the way you've handled the paint, congratulations

abstractca
07-15-2013, 08:50 PM
I like the strong contrast colors you used it I see a cross in it beautifully done

Inward Arts
07-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Hip Hip Hooray!
thanks for the feedback. I feel encouraged.
just gotta say; this non objective stuff is a lot harder than it looks. Painting something 'real' would be much more straightforward.
Rachel

davefriend
07-15-2013, 11:10 PM
Welcome Rachel! Dividing the canvas into quadrants can be tricky to do and to come out on top.

You choose to resist creating too much balance which IMHO is good. I also like the tapering the blue end of the cross.

In my opinion frustration can be a good tool. Hard to deal with at the time but it will either make you look closer at what is bugging you or it will make you throw your hands in the air and say forget it. Keep those hands down ...you've got this one under your belt then ...it's on to your next one!!

Jon
07-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the Ab/Con Forum!
The cross shape is just off center enough to create some tension and the textures hold the viewers' interest. I agree with Dave, on to the next one and the next..