PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid

ckb
07-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm making this for a friend as a surprise. it's 12 x 12 Strathmore, Yarka watercolors. It needs more..but I've walked away before I ruin it. My first time doing skin tones or a person. I used a piece of a net bag and dry brush for the upper area of her, but thought all over would be too much? Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

Charlene

Yorky
07-14-2013, 02:36 AM
A fun subject very expressively drawn. Yes, I think an all over scale pattern would be good if you could orient it correctly.

Doug

pjartwc
07-15-2013, 04:52 AM
I turned and brightened your image.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2013/116333-image.jpg

A good first attempt on sink tones and people. Since this is for a friend, I would tone down her facial features as the drawing is off and that is where the eye goes. Her hair is great as is her "fish" gown.

olliewood0702
07-15-2013, 10:56 AM
I agree with Doug, the all over netting texture would really make her look scaly! Nice job on her; maybe some shadowing on her arms (at elbows) and deeper color on the shell. Nice job and I think your friend will like it.

LynnM
07-15-2013, 11:14 AM
I agree with Doug, the all over netting texture would really make her look scaly! Nice job on her; maybe some shadowing on her arms (at elbows) and deeper color on the shell. Nice job and I think your friend will like it.

I agree, brave of you to tackle a new subject like this, I like your design!