PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Saturday 13th July 2013 **

shipbroker
07-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Morning all.

Back to my early awakening habits again....

Today is next Village Craft Show and car loaded with too many paintings, tables and browsers etc, but better too many in case of possible sales!

Thereafter back to caravan for another night.

Talk later

geoff

Lulu
07-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Hi Geoff the early bird...
Have just left Kev and Chris at the airport after spending the morning out and about in Auckland. Temp is quite mild at 16C. We will be home in an hour or so, depending wherher we stop for coffee!
Had an amazing time - the Cook Islands arre truly paradise.

Roun2it
07-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Hi Lulu ..... And Geoff ....

Can confirm just been rolled out of the car at the airport. Thanks for a great time in NZ and the Cook Islands it was magic.

Now on to meet up with the rest of the family in Brisbane. Joanne and the three grand kids landed safely last night so it will be great to see everyone together for the first time in 6 years .....

Sat in airport lounge waiting for the call .... Must go and get a drink.

See ya later.

Saint Ragdoll
07-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Doug, there is a book that has knstructions on how to knit different breeds of cats and another book that has instructions for different breeds of dogs. At a craft fair,I saw a lady who had made a unch of these to sell and they were amazing! Ruth's penguins are adorable and I thought of the instruction books for the dogs and cats when I saw them. It seems there is an interest in knitting and crocheting here in the US judging from all the new books published, websites and knitting clubs.
Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

Lulu
07-13-2013, 02:42 AM
Have to sort the Cook Island holiday photos yet, but thought I'd show you some that we took of each other in Auckland today. We are a tad more clothed than yesterday! lol

Kev and Chris with Rangitoto Island in the background.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/1118-IMG_4518aa.jpg

John and I, from the Sky City viewing platform, with Auckland harbour bridge etc in background.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/1118-IMG_4537aa.jpg

Yorky
07-13-2013, 02:47 AM
Good morning all, hot again here.

Good luck with the sales Geoff.

Teresa, Ruth has knitted two books of dogs and sold them for charity. She didn't like the cats.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/1046-Doggies.jpg

Lovely photos Lulu, sounds like a lovely place.

Have a great time with the family Kev.

More wool today!

Doug

laudesan
07-13-2013, 06:32 AM
Hey ho.....

Been a ong day for me. I woke up at 5.00am. Must have been too excited about the 40th Worldwide Sketchcrawl today. :D

I had a great time, sketched up a storm, and of course took photos!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/22284-935011_584332148277068_2119472233_n.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/22284-969142_584332378277045_1381942134_n.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/22284-1014419_584332361610380_1007639600_n.jpg

Glad you guys had such a fun time Kev, Chris, Lulu, and John. You can't miss eh, 4 lovely peoples .. :)

Love - hugs - Healing vibes...

:wave:

Ellen in Ont
07-13-2013, 06:48 AM
:wave: everyone,
I'm feeling a little better this morning. Hopefully I've turned the corner. Brian is at work and I don't want to get near Max and family with this cold so I'm going to garage sales on my own this morning. There is blue sky and warm temps predicted this afternoon so right now every window is wide open getting the house as cool as possible before closing everything up. It feels wonderful right now with the temp about 16.

Those are great photos to start the morning. Thanks everyone for posting them.

I need to catch up on yesterday's wash but I'll do that later. Right now I better get a bite to eat and dressed because I want to be out the door in half an hour.

Stay safe, stay well (or feel better soon), and enjoy your weekend.

notbob
07-13-2013, 06:51 AM
Are you kidding me!?

A place on WC where I can kibitz about something as light as the weather? Woo-hoo! I'm home. This is almost as cool as usenet. BUT! ....I solemnly swear I will not abuse this privilege.

To jump right in, it's rather warm, here, in the Colorado Rockies. Unseasonably so for July, I'm up in the cool pre-dawn morn, so am finally comfortable.

In another vein, I'd like to thank Yorky and others for tolerating my painfully extreme newbieness to all things watercolor. This whole watercolor thing is waaaay more complex than I ever imagined. I'm almost intimidated by my newly acquired artist grade watercolor supplies. Color so intense, almost makes my eyes bleed! I jes opened two colors and mixed them, MG hansa yellow and DV napthol red. The resulting orange looks muddy, to me, yet awesomely desirable on 90lb CP paper, upon drying.

So much to learn. I love it. ;)

Yorky
07-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Hi Bob :wave: You're welcome, we are a bunch of friends with lots in common and many of us have met in person at various meets and visits.

When you get aquainted with wetcanvas I would love to see you post some photos of the Rockies in the Reference Image Library. I visited the Rockies in Montana once and would love to go back some day.

Glad to hear you are on tge mend Ellen.

I would love to see your sketches JJ, your postcards iin your blog are wonderful.

Doug

Scene Chaser
07-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Good Day All,

Good luck at the car boot sale, Geoff.

Ruth and her collection. Beautiful, Ruth.

Love the photos today. I'll place the people in my friends file. You all look great.

Ellen, my house is open to cool it off, too. Should be a nice day today.

Welcome, notbob, One of the problems of not signing your name is we don't know if you are a he or a she. :) Don't be afraid, we are a close community where many of us have met up in person.
For learning watercolor, Check out Doug's (Yorky) list of workshops etc. at the bottom of his post. At one time we all were befuddled by watercolor, and many of us still are.

Going to mow the lawn while it is cool and then Janet and I are going to pressure wash the deck. We've been holding off until after the trees were down. The crew has left and will be back in two weeks to finish up. I will be over 80 trees total. A shocking sight.

More coffee needed.
Bill

laudesan
07-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Welcome Bob.. :wave:

I would love to see your sketches JJ, your postcards iin your blog are wonderful.

Doug You can see them here (http://judyjoybellslocationsketches.blogspot.com.au/) Doug. (on my blog)

Well I did a silly thing. Went to chase Monty cat out of the office, tripped over the chair because it was dark. I went down on my knees, whacking the easel hard and have twisted my ankle, dislocated my thumb, got a nasty bruise on my right forearm too. My back, neck and knees hurt.

I am off to bed.....

LynnM
07-13-2013, 08:49 AM
:wave: Another lovely sunny cool day! I had a great little walk yesterday along the rail trail, the injured leg is almost back to 'normal' :crossfingers:

Oh JJ, so easy to do, I'm sorry! White light to you. That's quite the skyline, I'll look for your sketches. edit: I found them, lovely record of the day! And your perspective studies are coming right along, well done!

Thanks for the photos, Lulu, you all look happy!

That's a great photo of Ruth, Doug, lovely collection of little beasts :thumbsup:

Glad you are feeling a bit better, Ellen.

Hi notbob, hope you join us :)

Hi Kev, Teresa and all to come, have a rewarding day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

painterbear
07-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Good Morning all,
It is a bit past 9:30 a.m. on another glorious morning here in Oakwood. Windows open, cool breeze coming in, bright sun shining outside. :D Unfortunately, our forecast is for summer heat to return tonight, so we'll be back on the air for the coming week with temps going into the 90°Fs. :eek:

Just did my first set of PT exercises for my knee. They are gentle stretches and movements, so not hard to do, but they seem to be helping. Much better than taking a bunch of pills for it.

Wonderful photos in today's Wash. Love seeing Ruth's doggie menagerie and JJ's harbor, and, of course, our four intrepid travelers! Woooeeee! Looking good, people!

Hi Notbob (if you aren't Bob, who are you?????;)), Welcome to the Daily Wash. Happy to meet you as you begin your journey in the medium we all love. Just remember, a few years ago, most of us were at the point in our journeys that you are at now. :D

Ellen, Glad you are feeling well enough to go "shopping" at the yard sales.

Lynn, It's a good thing your leg is healing so you can enjoy your little walks while the weather is still comfortable.

Bill, I remember having to pressure wash our deck when we lived up in Illinois. Then I had to reseal it as well. I'm glad we have an enclosed porch on this house. Saves us from having to do that. Yikes, 80 trees total down. How big is your property? Must be huge since you still have trees left. Bet Ms Feral is happy the saws and noise have stopped (she doesn't know it will return next week). ;)

White light beaming out to all our ailing and aching Washers!

Now I'm off to draw out my painting project for next Monday's class. I'm doing one of my balloon flower photos.

SYL,

Sylvia

ScarletLake
07-13-2013, 11:09 AM
:wave: Hello

Oh boy I was quite the achy person last night.

It is no fun trying to get around on one foot. I have an appointment to see my family doc on Monday at 9:15 am and then we'll try and find an ortho guy for me. He recommended someone but they are not on our plan either. We'll take our list in with us Monday morning.

My stepmom has a cane that I may borrow. It may help a little.

I have to make a list for Keith at the grocery store. Can't do that either.:(

As a matter of fact he's ready for me to do that.

I'll have to stop by later

anita

Yorky
07-13-2013, 11:24 AM
(((Anita))) Ruth says to tell you the cane goes in the opposite hand to your bad leg and goes forward with the bad leg to keep you balanced.

It has been another scorcher here. No sign of a break.

Ruth is knitting a tunic. She says she is knitting a new outfit for the autumn :)

Doug

shipbroker
07-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Evening all......just got drenched by first heavy rain for weeks......humidity in marquee about 90%......Not a car boot sale Bill but and Arts & Crafts Exhibition...last year made lots of money, this year sold just the one...strange it was an industrioal scene on Teesside where the buyers had never ever been and it was for their house in Bodrum Turkey..........

Back to caravan now till tomorrow pm.

geoff

JudyL
07-13-2013, 12:03 PM
YEAH! I'm in :clap: I have had a miserable time getting here. I do blame Jack as he has been fiddling with my computer, which is not at all well and could be terminal! Anyway I could not get into WC as I was using the wrong Username and probably password and on an older computer. I still have issues with that one, as it does not recognize my WW stuff! I promise I have all that stuff written down as my mind is wonky as well.

So, I have had breakfast (Bacon Buttie with proper British bacon) and a banana. I also moved furniture around more sense but Jack was not sure, he'll get used to it.

In any case I must thank Doug for his continuing patience and help !

:clap: THANK YOU DOUG!:clap:

WthrLady
07-13-2013, 12:29 PM
I just saw a kindle book last night called 'how to know if your cat is out to kill you' sounds like a couple of you need that.

Sorry you are hurting.

Heading for the cattle show..... maybe. It's headed for another prairie humid 100+ degrees today.

Trying Doug s challenge but my heart isn't quite into it. The studio isn't quite set up right. Things are just out of reach and the overhead light is glaring. I also cannot share the downstairs space painting while ds is video gaming. It's nerve rattling!

ScarletLake
07-13-2013, 01:07 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

OK DH is off to the grocery, I've gotten a shower ( not without some frustrations ) I've made a hair cut appt for 2:30pm today.

I'm going to take a look see on what old movies are on TV this afternoon.

Getting my hair cut will feel lots better. I'm not liking this confinement. I suppose it would be a good time to read some books, play around with some art work and other sitting things.

Looks like a beautiful weekend. I was trying to figure out how to see my Dad and I think that I've figured out that if DH is with me he could borrow Dad's wheelchair to come get me in the lobby and take me to his room. Right now I could not hobble the distance through 2 long hallways to get to his room.

Doug - tell Ruth thanks for that piece of info. It will help. I probably should have crutches but I don't. Everyone seems to think I'll get a boot from the Ortho. Geez.

I'm worried that they are going to have to go in and get that piece of bone spur. We shall see.

Also I LOVED Ruth's dogs. She is one inspiring knitter. And how fast she must be.

LuLu - Pics look great. Loved the one from Kev on the beach but then I noticed how bundled up they were. Was it too cold to get in the water on the beach???

Caryl - That made me laugh. I'm going to have to watch Mr. Greyson.:clear: :clear: He is mad at me about the little kittie we now
have. :lol: :lol:

Weather here is beautiful today.

Well running out of energy.

talk to you later

Anita

kaypainter
07-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Hello wash gang!

Welcome Notbob. Sylvia I was thinking exactly the same thing. Great minds think alike, eh?

Glad everyone liked my little cart. I thought it was rather creatively colorful. And I was hoping the colored drawers would help me remember what the heck I put in them. A KMart find for $30. :clap:

Uschi I think you asked me a while back what color my bathroom was. You know there is that book Fifty Shades of Gray? Well call this "Fifty Shades of White." It's the story of a falling down bathroom that's been fixed and painted over so many times it can't remember. And each time it was painted with a different shade of white, but only the part that was fixed. So it looks like a patchwork quilt. :rolleyes: Not on the NY Times bestseller list. Yet.

Teresa, Ruth has knitted two books of dogs and sold them for charity. She didn't like the cats.
Doug
:eek: :( :crying:

JJ love the photos. Your sketches are wonderful. Ow, ow, ow. It wasn't the already damaged ankle was it? :eek:

Lulu, John, Kev, Chris you all look great. What a lovely vacay you had.

(((((Anita)))))

Well at least you sold one Geoff. :thumbsup:

Caryl I hope you get some quiet time in the studio.

I completely forgot to post these photos. I went to LACMA to see the James Turrell show, but it was sold out. But they have redone the Art of the Americas wing, and the gal at the box office said they had a new exhibit in the Latin American exhibit of Mexican silver jewelry. Pant, pant, pant. Drool, drool, drool.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/130068-IMG_2073.jpeg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/130068-IMG_2084.jpeg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/130068-IMG_2087.jpeg

Also I'd been meaning to take pix of the front of the Craft and Folk Art Museum which is across the street. They granny squared it! this is all crocheted pieces covering the front.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/130068-IMG_2069.jpeg

From their website:
A groundbreaking temporary public art installation by Yarn Bombing Los Angeles (YBLA) that covers the facade of the historic Craft & Folk Art Museum with 15,000 crocheted granny squares. People from across the 50 states and 25 countries contributed granny squares to this community- based project.

One last thing. Here's a pic of the LACMA courtyard if anyone's interested in painting it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2013/130068-IMG_2099.jpeg

I have other photos too. I mention this because I love this building, but they are planning to tear the whole thing down and buld a completely new building which is quite beautiful, but . . . :crying: I will miss the old one.

HAWLTAIN

Kay

WthrLady
07-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Anita ask about, or look into a knee scoot instead of crutches !

LynnM
07-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Georgeous jewellery, Kay!!! I got to see some from Mesopotamia last week...we went to the show at the Royal Ontario Museum. They covered everything, carvings etc, with gold leaf, but it looked like the jewellery was moulded. That 'afghan' is amazing, so nice to have contributions from all over the world.

Hi Geoff, at least you sold one, very frustrating to have all that rain when everyone is set up, it's a lot of work!

Yes, your woods must look pretty bare right now, Bill, it will take a while till the undergrowth fills in. Still, it is safer to have them down.

I'm in the middle of Johannes course today, lots of good practice of things he has been telling us from the beginning, but that we don't use easily yet. I am finding it comes much easier today.

Saint Ragdoll
07-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Doug,
Ruth's dogs are amazing! If she makes them again I would love to buy a Chihuahua. I have tried to do knitting many times but am just too fumble fingered and not nearly patient enough. So I just admire those than can knit and the beautiful things they create.

Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

JudyL
07-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Back again, like a bad penny, Jack watching golf, better than that trial! they keep repeating the same thing over and over.....not sure if I care anymore.

SIL's Birthday tomorrow but will celebrate it today, they have a yearly camp out in their yard, the friends pitch tents and all, and will have a bonfire later, well they do have 2 acres. Anyway, we will go over once the pool guy comes and goes.

I've been good, I swept and mopped the kitchen / family room floor.

I want to thank Doug again for his help this morning.

Have a great day Y'all.

doppler
07-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Good morning all.

Great photos Lulu :thumbsup: I think Kev and Chris will be more bundled here. Weather is foul again with rain and cloud.

Lovely pic of Ruth with her pack, Doug.

Hi Bob or not bob. :wave:

Bill that amount of tree removal would leave a huge hole in the landscape. all because of an insect. :(

Shaking head and (((())) for the accident twins, Anita and JJ.

Hi to all else, needs a good strong cup of tea :wave:

NancyR
07-13-2013, 05:23 PM
We have been promised rain and a cold front for tomorrow.:clap: I slept in until 10:30 a.m. this morning. It felt so good. I have absolutely no energy and no desire to do housework. I have the house to myself and am enjoying the quiet. DH is umpiring the last of the tournament baseball games this afternoon.

Last night, I got ambitious and emptied my mom's curio cabinet. It was full of her collections of bells and gifts. I had a few things in there, too. I packed everything in two small plastic containers and stored them in my closet on the top shelf. I put my zentangles inside. I just have to buy a little stick-on light to light up the inside of the cabinet.

I am finishing my laundry and will then steam press everything. I do have our baby back ribs in the oven roasting over water. When DH gets home, I can brown them on the grill. They are so tender and not greasy that way.

Judy, I found a caregiver site, and your suggestions were the way to go. Mom is just starting her dementia, so I can learn as I go.

Anita, please be careful with your knee. I think you and I are our own worst enemies! You climbing a ladder and me moving rocks, bricks, and patio pavers.

Kay, your description of the color of your bathroom made me laugh out loud. Love your little cart to store stuff.

Loved all the photos in the wash today! Welcome Notbob.

Hugs to all those in need.

laudesan
07-13-2013, 07:45 PM
JJ love the photos. Your sketches are wonderful. Ow, ow, ow. It wasn't the already damaged ankle was it? :eek: [/IMG]

Sadly, yes. Love your jewellery oh wow girl, you are soooooo good.

(((((Anita)))))

Yorky
07-14-2013, 02:04 AM
(((JJ))) take care!

Doug