PDA

View Full Version : Sylvia and Anita and Karl

WthrLady
07-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Are you all OK????

I'm pulling in some nasty wind and storm reports from your cities>>>>

Wondering about Karl as he travels through INdiana as well......

janinco
07-10-2013, 07:30 PM
We had quite a storm blow through today in Colorado Springs. There's an area west of town where the awful wildfire was last year that erodes terribly every time there is heavy rain. Sometimes they have to close the highway to clear the mud.

From the looks of the clouds heading east from here, Kansas and Nebraska will have some pretty rough weather tonight. Hope Sylvia, Anita and Karl are all okay!

Jan

ScarletLake
07-10-2013, 10:22 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Caryl,

OK here in OHIO. Had some pretty mean winds in the Dayton area. I did not see much damage in our town. I think I heard 55mph winds from the Dayton Airport.

I think lots of tress down over the Montgomery Co. area and I heard about 25,000 without power but that was around 4pm today.

It is 10:22pm now and it has cooled way down and no humidity this evening.

Anita

WthrLady
07-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Now it's going through Chattanooga. ........

Yorky
07-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Saw a report from Sylvia, she missed the worst of it, some damage in Dayton from falling trees. Hope everyone is safe.

Doug

painterbear
07-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Caryl,
We had some straight line winds come through some areas in Oakwood. LARGE trees downed. One house on Hathaway Street had the canopy of a huge tree on its roof, others were laying across roads, etc. Fortunately, this time we just had some wind and heavy rain.

Lots of photos of trees being downed in Fairborn, Riverside, Dayton on the news last night thousands of people were without electricity due to damage to the lines or poles being snapped in two by the winds. :o

Sylvia

olliewood0702
07-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Hope Karl is okay too, traveling with a trailer could be dangerous in one of these powerful storms. I'm glad Syl and Anita are fine; and your too, Jan!

Undergoose
07-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Doing well, more details coming, texting from phone, will do more when i set up laptop

Storm hit me right in the face, was scary but only damaged gas mileage for couple hours. Well...that and my shorts :p

Trip going quite well, aside from the bird that suicided on my windshield in Ohio

Yorky
07-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Good to hear from you Karl.

Doug

olliewood0702
07-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Karl, so sorry about the shorts.:lol: :evil: And the bird's suicide.

Glad it's going well for you so far. Continued safe travels.:thumbsup:

Dragoon
07-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Yay!
Karl is safe, too! :clap:
Good to hear all is well!

And isn't that the shortest post from him, ever! :lol:
D.

virgil carter
07-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Good news--all is well with everyone. Carry on, troops!

Sling paint,
Virgil