PDA

View Full Version : WIP tears (acrylic)

serpentixus
07-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Still got some work to do. I was inspired by the latest works of Marnix Grunin. I used paletknife for the colourful spots. There s some golden flakes from Schmincke used around the eye, just felt good to bring some joy around that sad eye.
I'm thinking about to paint some native wisdom: 'the soul would have no rainbow if the eye has no tears.' Just don't know in what colour or where to place the words.
Any advice or suggestion is welcome.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jul-2013/40694-IMG_20130710_195439.jpg

alangraham
07-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I like the eye and coloring, shading. Looks well done.

No words or lettering! Leave as be. The fleshy area around eye needs something in my opinion. What size?

davefriend
07-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Very interesting serpentixus, what size is this? Done in acrylics I'm guessing? have you made more progress? I agree with Cory, without words - but you are the final decider about it! If you want a poster type of painting, take a photo and add the printing in a graphics editor and make a print to what size you want.

Jon
07-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Interesting concept. Do the words have to be large? How would it look if you placed the words in small size in the greenish circle on the outer side of the iris? It would be rather like one of those hidden messages type of thing.

abstractca
07-14-2013, 10:00 PM
I like the background. ..very colorful

serpentixus
07-25-2013, 12:33 PM
@alangraham, davefriend;
The size is 40 x 50cm. That is about 15'' x 20''. It is indeed an acrylic.
I'm going to give the eyelid another layer. It feels like it is not done yet.
@JON I feel like if I would use words, I want them big. But then again it is quite a long phrase.
@abstracta. Glad you like the colors. That is the Grunin part I like so much :)