PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Wednesday 10th July 2013 ***

Yorky
07-10-2013, 02:35 AM
Well, here goes:clear:

Another hot day in prospect.

I managed to get a few hours sleep last night, mainly from sheer exhaustion. I am learning to cope with the nausia a little, though itbis still constant. The doc didn't give me anything to counter it. Have to book an ultrasound scan today, that means i'll be sat in the waiting room with a row of pregnant women :lol:

I managed to find Kevin Fowler on FB and his photo of Lulu :thumbsup:

Doug

Roun2it
07-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Hi Doug just going to bed here. Another nice night out. Saw a wonderful sun set then saw whales in the far distance.

Hope this link to Facebook works .. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201324097563954&set=a.10201324097483952.1073741827.1218486570&type=1&comment_id=3817800&offset=0&total_comments=5

Yorky
07-10-2013, 02:58 AM
Hi Kev, sleep well. Yes the link works fine.

Doug

doppler
07-10-2013, 04:39 AM
Hi Doug and Kev.

Raining and COLD here, Hi to all following while I droop myself to sleep. More mind adventures hopefully. I do feel cheated Char when I don't dream .

Is raining here. :rolleyes:

Doug, glad you have some search underway

Roger is cooking as are the cats. Roger is alive and in front of the stove. Cattuses are displayed rather garishly on the stairs to our bedroom. Fed and are now heat magnets. Fireplace is below the stairs, hence the up flow of YES!!!

laudesan
07-10-2013, 05:18 AM
It was fresh today, I even had my winter coat on.

I went out for lunch. Took my sketchbook and was sketching the sail covered carpark, when the car I was sketching moved. Thought, ok no matter, will sketch the framework instead.

Kid sitting at the next table threw up. Man did he throw up gallons of smelly pink stuff..

I turned my head at the same time my salad arrived. :eek: I was thinking of sketching it, but decided to eat it, real quick, whilst I still could. :eek: Coffee went down well, and that was it,. Lunch and sketching over.

It rained..........

I then went to the two garden centres Masters and Bunnings looking for Shepherds hooks. None to be found, seems like we aren't big on that king of thing. :(

I bought a rose frame instead, the one with the circular thingy on top. I am going to mount my potted grape vine on top of that, and see how it grows. I have to remove it from the ground, seeing as the winds blew over my garden arbor. That was the protection it had from the possums. I am hoping they can't figure out how to climb the standard rose ring support. :D

Chicken for dinner tonight.

Later

:grouphug: :heart: :wave:

Ellen in Ont
07-10-2013, 06:40 AM
:wave: everyone,
Just have a minute as I am on my way to work. I couldn't find anyone to do a shift exchange so I'll just tough it out. I am about 80% better and no fever overnight so I'll just keep away from everyone as much as possible and wear a mask if I need to get close to patients.

It's warm and humid right now with rain predicted. No time for chatting so wishing everyone a great day.

shipbroker
07-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Hi just found a Kindle signal......

geoff

olliewood0702
07-10-2013, 08:13 AM
:) HAPPY HUMP DAY WASHERS!:wave:

It's sunny out at the moment and the humidity is so thick you could cut it with a knife. UGH...poor Larry was grumbling when he left for work this morning. ("so sick of this %$*^&$# humidity") He likes Fall weather, 60'sF.

We are expecting thunderstorms soon and the humidity is supposed to drop.:thumbsup:

Eww JJ, you poor thing; having to eat your lunch next to a kid who threw up. Nasty; sorry you were unable to sketch much.

(((DOUG))) hoping they will get to the bottom of your nausea soon. I had a good :lol: at imagining you sitting between lots of pregnant women. I started to post a thread last evening with a few pics of our trip but quickly became overwhelmed; we have 3000 pictures! I'll just have to choose. Hmm....I probably won't do it until this weekend when I have more time.

Geoff:wave:

Annie, I'm glad the kitties are staying nice and warm, cozy as can be.

Kev, I saw that pic before when you posted it; the link works just fine. Glad you are enjoying yourselves so much.

I have a nice mug of steaming, black coffee hoping to wake up a bit; was exhausted when I awoke this morning. I must have been swimming in my sleep again last night.:D I wonder if Larry has any bruises where I kicked him?:rolleyes:

Today is Josh's 33rd birthday; he called me last night from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to ask me what time he was born! He and Marta were talking about it and he was wondering. They were headed to South Beach and some nightlife. I heard there is a tropical storm headed there so I told him to keep an eye on the weather.

Larry took Kaitlyn last night to parallel park; he said she did just fine. Also made her get onto the motorway/freeway. She'll have to do that during her road test on Friday.

I hope you all have a marvelous day planned and that it's fulfilling.

BBL:wave: :grouphug:(to all in need)

LynnM
07-10-2013, 08:28 AM
:wave: Sun and cloud mixed here, but more rain later apparently. I am off to a museum today. My friend had a couple of historic dresses that belonged to her family, and we are going to see how the museum has displayed them. They have a good collection that I am interested in seeing, and we will get lunch along the way...:)

((((Doug))))

Greetings to all, lots of stuff to do before I go, BBL.....

laudesan
07-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Here (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=577184049000225) is a really neat video about a cat doing the tricks one teaches dogs..

WthrLady
07-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Temps down a bit today, but still summer, no doubt about that at all.

Worked late into the early morning as JJ can attest. Video on Youtube of an amazing electrical storm 85 miles from here. I took the video from the back deck. The lightning was only pinks and oranges. It was fabulous.

Company heads out today, so a quick clean through the house and then laundry. I'll miss their company though :D But I'm ready to settle in here, ya know?!

Cattle show and some bits and pieces to get today. The studio is calling my name!

painterbear
07-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just a bit after 9:00 a.m. on a sweltering morning here in Oakwood. Storm warnings in effect for later today, possibility of floods north of us (where Anita lives) and hail and high winds all over the Miami Valley. So :crossfingers: it won't hit Oakwood. We've already lost too many of our wonderful old trees to storms the last couple of years.

Bunny rabbits were out in force yesterday afternoon frolicing in the backyard. Larry couldn't decide if they were fighting or wooing. Hope it was fighting or we'll be seeing more baby bunnies soon. :angel:

I'm off to see my eye doctor for a routine checkup. Then we'll stop at the library for Larry to pick up some books. I've got a big stack I'm reading so don't really need any.

Posted my painting of reflections in water in The Gallery this morning. The link is in my signature line if you'd like to see it. ;)

Doug, Hope they can get to the root of the tummy problem and fix it for you.

Henry, :crossfingers: Leslie's stay in Hospice will bring her some relief. White light beaming her way.

Darla, What a brave Grandpop your Larry is taking a 16 yr old novice driver out on the road, especially merging into traffic on the freeway. Happy Birthday to your Josh! Hope the tropical storm doesn't interfere with their vacation.

Lynn, Sounds like a fun visit to the museum to see the way the dresses are on display. :thumbsup:

Ellen, Hope your day is an easy one so you can get home and continue recuperating.

JJ, :eek: to the horrible lunch experience.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

ScarletLake
07-10-2013, 09:17 AM
:wave:HI Everyone:wave:

OK trying to type this post with new kitty biting my toes. :lol: :lol: We have a new house guest -- little tiger striped kitty about 8 10 weeks old vet says. My sons friend Matt brought her here ---he got her from his brother for his daughter so he said. We've had her 3 weeks. I've already had her to the vet for a cough and cold so got meds, flea tx, and shots still to come. She thinks I'm her mommy. I've named her Abbey after Downton Abbey. I wonder how long she will stay here:lol: :lol:

Doug - Hoping that you find out something about your nausea. I don't know what upsets my system but I have been fighting an irritable bowel thing since the weekend. I think I'm feeling better today.

I think it is the wonderful Cornbread Salad that I make --it has a can of black beans, corn, fresh tomatoes, green pepper, green onions the dressing is buttermilk, mayo and dry salad dressing. I can't decide just what in it causes me so much pain. Once I was at the ER they thought it might be Diverticulosis. We shall see. Anyway feeling better today.

Ellen - Sure hope you made it through your shift. That brought back memories. Thinking of you.

Darla - OK - when did our kids start getting that old. :lol: :lol: I think we are due for rain and thunderstorms here today too. Right now it looks great.

Well off to get a shower and dressed for the day. Haircut in the works I think.

Anita

CharM
07-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Good morning... we had lots of thunder and lightening during last night's storm... not too much rain, though. There's another thunderstorm predicted for today as a cold front moves in, bumping against this hot and humid air. It's dark and threatening, so it won't be long before the rain comes again. By tomorrow, we should see something of the sun.

My last Class of the season yesterday afternoon was a good time... my Class finished up their last paintings and we worked on sketch books. I made another, larger book with 5x7 pages in it.

Lots of 'odds and sods' to do today before Gail and Dan arrive...

((Doug))... Will you be forced to drink gallons of stuff and then 'hold' it???

Hi Kev... I did see that photo! :)

So, Annie, I was wondering what those cats of yours were cooking... a little mouse mousse?

JJ... having breakfast while reading your post... yuck... tmi... :p

((Ellen))

:wave: Geoff

Hi Darla... HHD to you... poor ((Larry))... I think some relief is on the way with cooler temps for tomorrow... Happy Birthday wishes blasting out to Josh!

Hi Lynn... we have a couple of historic costumes and I've wondered what on earth we could do with them (in my efforts to declutter)... I shall call our local Museum!

It was nice to have JJ's company while you were working through the night, eh Caryl? I saw "volcano lightening" pics on FB yesterday that were also pretty amazing! Got a link to your video?

Hey, Syl... you do know that rabbits breed like... well... :lol:

Oh, Anita... how will you be able to give her up?????? We need pics of little Abbey!

((Lyn)) and ((Henry and Lesley))

I hope that everyone has a great day! :heart:

Yorky
07-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi Char,
((Doug))... Will you be forced to drink gallons of stuff and then 'hold' it???
Have an appoinment on the 19th and have to fast 6 hours so no breakfast that day :eek:

I'm actually coping with the nausea better today, maybe I'm getting used to it or it's the relief at getting some investigation done, or could be the 4 hours sleep I got last night.

Enjoy your get together this weekend.

Doug

Scene Chaser
07-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Good Day All,
A clear day and I can see forever, if I didn't live in a woods.

((Doug))

Sylvia, I use to raise rabbits for the meat, and believe me, they don't waste time wooing. :)

Anita, so is the kitten yours now? Love kittens.

I am looking for a vacation in September. I found one but Janet will have to approve. Haven't been on one for three years.

Bill

WthrLady
07-10-2013, 10:13 AM
I do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQJDEwBB1jI

Char - what kind of historic costume? I need to make myself a historic dress, but patterns are scarce for round ladies.

villagernb
07-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Good morning Washers!:wave:

Heading out shortly for lunch with 6 neighbours at a nearby Chinese restaurant. All female. Not that men are excluded, but none have ever clamoured to join us.:lol: We do this about 4 times a year--seems it's hard to land on a day that is convenient for all!

SYL

Anne

CharM
07-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Hiya... taking a break... the humidity is sucking away my energy... I've sweat away a river... oops... I forgot... ladies don't sweat! I'm glistening... :lol:

Crunching down a little ice is helpful.

I have one more room to tidy and that work will be done... it always makes me feel good to make things a little more orderly...

Caryl, I don't think this is what you're looking for... it's quite Elizabethan... Magoo is wearing the coat as his little Shakespearean troupe enacted Hamlet... beautiful blue velvet with braided piping and frogs... We also have a green velvet coat. The buttons are pewter. Both are lined with muslin. They are theatre costumes dated at well over 100 years old...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jul-2013/20514-Hamlet1.jpg

So, Bill... where you wanna go???

Mmmmm... Chinese food... have fun, Anne!

(((Doug)))

I'm off... feeling a little cooler now... I want to get done so I can shower and shine... :)

Scene Chaser
07-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Char, I really want to see the Canadian Maritimes. There are some great cruises but costly. You only live once.

Bill

Uschi
07-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Good Late Afternoon!!

Was VERY warm and HUMID. My city was on the edge of some really bad thunderstorms with large hail etc., all we got was a couple of minutes of rain and I think it is over and done with because it is light outside and already cooler.

I called my techi son to remind him that I am still without computer and/or to tell him that he can try and fix it when I am at Char's. He is "trying" to come over this evening:crossfingers: :crossfingers:

What I miss most is my photoshop to resize images and references. Sure would like to take a couple of them with me to paint at Char's. They can chat, I'll paint:angel: :lol:

Caryl, the library copmputer won't let me watch videos. Maybe later:crossfingers:

Anita, I have a feeling that this is going to be YOUR kitty.

Doug, I was wondering about the pregnancy thing, but then you are too old, oh, and you are a man:lol: Have you tried eating saltine crackers, it helps for nausea during pregnancy, no I am not joking, you never know, might help. I hope it all gets sorted out quickly and with the best possible solution.

Sylvia, joy oh joy, cute little baby bunnies:evil: :lol: Your painting is EXCELLENT, REALLY!!!!

Kev, glad you are all having such a good time!!

Darla, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Josh!!! He might want to have his horoscope done, he would need his birthtime for that. Good luck to Kaitlyn for her driving test!!! I too admire Larry:D

JJ:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sending good wishes to all of our sick friends and :wave: to all here. Will check back in if computer gets fixed:crossfingers:

Uschi

JudyL
07-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi :wave: Went for my walk took some 2 lb. hand weights will look for 1 lb. weights but not bad hands a bit sweaty, but it's warming up again.

I've been cleaning my kitchen, and escaped as Jack is watching something I rather not. So looking up recipes for stuffed bell peppers. I know I could do it easily, just looking for something unique and NH Lymphoma friendly.

Hope all are having good days,

Doug, best of luck with your nasty tests!

Lulu
07-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone:wave:
I have found a quicker connection - at last, when there are two days to go lol It's actually been nice not being connected........but Kev let me read the wash from his ipad yesterday, and oh my, what a lot in the sick bay!
Hope you all soon get sorted. <3

Loving it here, having a whale (:D) of a time, but don't believe a word of what Kev says.........and I have photos to keep him quiet too .....:lol:
Just think, if it wasn't for WetCanvas Kev and Chris probably wouldn't have been visiting the Cook Islands.....
It is truly a South Pacific paradise, lots has changed in the 30 years since John and I came last time, but lots has stayed the same. The people are very friendly, helpful and always smiling! No wonder!
Lots of photos to show when we get home.
:wave:

painterbear
07-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Good Evening all,
We had wild weather here this afternoon....had to shut down the computer because of the severe thunder, lightening, and winds. Oakwood hit the local news because of a HUGE tree that fell on someone's house, then several more trees that were down across roads, etc. Must have been a microblast hitting certain areas because we had winds and heavy rain, but our trees were safe. :D

Hope all who are ailing and aching feel better in the morning.

Lulu, Glad you are all having such a wonderful time together exploring the Cook Islands. :thumbsup:

Uschi, What fun getting together with Char and Gail. Lucky, lucky threesome, wish I lived closer so I could join in. :D

:wave: to all who were here today, I'm off to bed now to finish my book (after checking a few things on line first, of course).

SYTomorrow,

Sylvia

JudyL
07-11-2013, 12:47 AM
Hi, just popping in to say dinner was a chicken salad (rotisserie type) big chunks, with grapes (red and green) celery, apple, and light mayo, soy sauce, lemon juice the dressing with pecans on the top. Very nice, and I served it in a bed of spinach.

later

laudesan
07-11-2013, 04:53 AM
oops