PDA

View Full Version : The Chronophage (newspaper decoupage)

Immanuel Rhema
07-09-2013, 07:17 AM
This is a newspaper decoupage on canvas painted on with acrylic paint.
Size - 60x40cm

The Chronophage (Time Eater) sits on the globe and eats away time as every second passes by. It has been consuming every passing year as they went by since the beginning of time and has seen every chapter of the earth starting from its formation to the rise and fall of civilizations and world conflicts. As it eats away the present time, the question remains – Will the future bring forth better times or will one wait eagerly for them to disappear away into the Chronophage’s jaws.

Please do let me know what you think about any aspect - the colour, the technique, the balance etc. any kind of feedback will be appreciated. It would be great if someone could let me know of a more effective way of decoupage because I found it very difficult to get rid of wrinkles however, fortunately most of the wrinkles happened around the river side so it added to texture. Thanks for the feedback :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2013/1123262-chronophagesmall.jpg

brighteye76
07-09-2013, 08:16 AM
This is amazing! I'm so new to the art world so I'm not sure how much critique I can give, but I think this is beautiful!

jimwhalen
07-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Welcome to WC, Immanuel. You have taken an intellectual concept and created an aesthetically beautiful piece. The composition is nicely balanced and moves my eye around without pulling me out of the frame and your color harmony works well with the subject and composition. Very nice work!

Immanuel Rhema
07-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Thank you for your kind comments :)

Jon
07-20-2013, 12:48 PM
It would be great if someone could let me know of a more effective way of decoupage because I found it very difficult to get rid of wrinkles however, fortunately most of the wrinkles happened around the river side so it added to texture.
Have you visited the Mixed Media Forum (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=20), they might be able to help you with your question.

Immanuel Rhema
07-27-2013, 03:53 PM
I shall try that! thank you.

HenrietteW
07-27-2013, 04:09 PM
I love newspaper decoupage. Have done a few myself. These colours work great. Love the dragon. :D As for the technique, I recommend applying soft pastel instead of anything wet that can wrinkle the paper. Now that the deed is done, however, you can try ironing - use a very low setting. :) Good luck with it.