PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Tuesday 9th July 2013 ***

Yorky
07-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Good morning all. Another disturbed night. I have to get to the doctors.

I am thinking it could be a hiatus hernia.

Doug

doppler
07-09-2013, 02:31 AM
Doug, I missed the nausea references. Sorry. Nause is worse than pain. Perhaps a top job ... Gastroscopy?

Char that sentence was a miracle for predictive text :lol:

More sequential almost but not quite nightmare last night. Woke from the first episode which was to be resolved but I woke abruptly at 3 am (isn't that always the way? Just about to get THE answer and BANG. You are awake ) Went downstairs avoiding wending excited cats. When I'm up it's breakfast time. :angel: :rolleyes: Sat in the cold dark outside and drank a glass of milk. Went back to the snoring :clear: bed and had the second episode and only woke almost late.

Had time for the shower (always), coif ( sometimes and half heartedly) cup of tea ... ALWAYS!!! I've given up caffeine, my wide eyed friend of so many years. Makes me too shaky. Shakes gone now.

We have plans for the garden. Not us for the work but a local landscaper.

Both cats are ensconced in the clean washing at present, together. Know what I'll be doing next weekend :rolleyes: How do I know it was clean ? Separate piles. :lol: Feline education awaits.

BBL :crossfingers:

Yorky
07-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Hi Annie, wish I could get some sleep at present. Doctors today come what may. "Yes it is an emergency!" Otherwise it could be next week :rolleyes:

Doug

doppler
07-09-2013, 02:49 AM
Doug, get snappy. It is an emergency. Persistent nausea. Walk in with a plastic bowl with a bit of discolored water in the bottom. Slosh it. Then it's an emergency especially to receptionists and nurses. A bit of viridian mixed with a touch of quin gold would do it. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, even without production of above said colours, one week with unexplained persistent nausea needs a persistent check.:heart: Be persistent. :thumbsup:

shipbroker
07-09-2013, 03:00 AM
Morning all......
Doug((((((((()))))))))......know all about disturbed sleep but nausea with it.........no.......

Supposed to be hottest UK day for 2 years today........At lunchtime off with caravan to Hutton le Hole on Vale of Pickering...till next village show at weekend.

geoff

doppler
07-09-2013, 03:48 AM
I didn't mean for you to imitate Mr Munchausen, Doug, but there is something wrong, and won't your regular GP slot you in quickly. If you called ?

Yorky
07-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Success! I got an appointment this morning. Yes, there's something wrong. I checked and I first reported the problem on the Wash on 23rd June, though it wasn't so severe.

Thanks for your concern.

Doug

doppler
07-09-2013, 04:34 AM
BEST Doug :clap: :clap: :clap:

ScarletLake
07-09-2013, 06:12 AM
:wave: :wave: HI Everyone:wave: :wave:

Just wanted to drop in and say Hello. Hope everyone in the USA had a Happy JUly 4th. We had lots of rain in our area. Had people in over the 4th to watch the fireworks and then we just chilled over the rest of the weekend.

Doug - Sure glad you got a Dr. appt. Hope he can shed some light on what is bothering you.

I've had some issues myself over the past several days ---I ate a fresh salad dish over the weekend with black beans, corns, tomatoes, and a dressing made with buttermilk. My irritable bowel has really been acting up ---I think it just does not like the buttermilk. Anyhow been sick for a couple of days.

Family took my Dad to Tenn with them to the lake house ---I believe it was a great eye opener on the amount of care he needed so maybe stepmom will continue to leave him at the nursing home. Sometime you just gotta face reality.

well going back to bed not feeling good myself.

Anita

laudesan
07-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Yay Doug!!! Let us know how you go.. :heart:

:wave: Annie and Geoff and Anita.

I spent the afternoon in the back yard, very productive, but ankle now screaming at me..

:wave:

Yorky
07-09-2013, 06:52 AM
OK had a lightening appointment followed by a trip to the hospital for blood tests all done in 2 hours. The doc doesn't know what it is, I have to have a scan appointment too. Meanwhile double up on the Lanzoprazol antacids.

I feel better now something is being done to find out what it is.

Doug

CharM
07-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Good morning! It's dark, cloudy, gloomy, about to rain any minute... when last night's storm headed East, it flooded Toronto during rush hour shutting down several main arteries, the public transit system (subway) and the Go-Trains! :eek:

My very last Class is this afternoon. It'll be a free-paint session. Yesterday, everyone made their books and they all looked so nice. The books AND the ladies! :)

We talked with Army Son last evening and he's coming down here with the Grand Girls later this week... :)

((Doug)) I sure hope you can find out what's going on so that you can get it treated... It's a worry, eh?

Hi Annie... landscaped gardens look so nice and "groomed"... I wonder why you're experiencing these nightmares... :confused:

Hi Geoff... if this heat trend continues, you'll all be buying air conditioners! Happy caravaning!

Anita, I'd be more inclined to think it was the corn that didn't sit well... Hope you're feeling better now...

((JJ)) Sorry that your ankle hurts so much...

I've prepped the coffee and if Ted doesn't come down soon, I'm going to brew it anyway. I hope that ((Lyn)) is doing ok in hospital and ((Henry and Lesley)) are coping... :grouphug: Have a great day everyone!

Ellen in Ont
07-09-2013, 07:46 AM
:wave: everyone,
Today is going to be a rest day hoping to get this cold under control. Coughing up stuff now (sorry) so hopefully I am on the mend. My worry is that I am supposed to work the next two days. I almost never call in sick but I also don't want to give this to my patients.

Moving the freezers yesterday only took an hour and a half so other than that I rested the whole day. It is grey and looks like more rain today so a good day to do nothing.

I'm too sore, uncomfortable and stuffed up to type more and I need to get a bite to eat and a cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Yorky
07-09-2013, 08:01 AM
(((Ellen))) ring in and stay home you want to shake it off and you don't want to pass it on.

Well in the 80's out there today.

Off bowling.

Doug

FLNH
07-09-2013, 08:37 AM
So sorry so many of us seem to be hurting. (((Doug and Ellen))))

Dull and grey in NH. Not much happening today. It is interesting that folks here have also commented on the relative sparcity of mosquitoes. I don't really miss them. I do miss my bats which have disappeared from our area, probably secondary to "white nose syndrome."

We do learn about each others' lives all over the world on the Wash. Now I anticipate the next installment of Annie's nightmares. :) :)

I have what I call "Docudreams." They are very realistic with only a slight deviation from real life...but enough to,wake me up. I guess reality itself can be the most scary.

Tonight We will have bean and vegetable stew. This may produce nightmares itself.

HAWLTAIN

olliewood0702
07-09-2013, 08:53 AM
HEllo one and all!

It's dull and SOO humid and warm. I'm tired of the humidity. The sun is supposed to shine though today and we could get a pop up rain shower this afternoon. Rain forecasted again tomorrow but Thursday and Friday warm and sunny...and the humidity is supposed to drop too!:thumbsup:

I didn't get quality sleep last night and I'm tired this morning. Poor Larry was tired too as he had to once again get up at 2am to get to work by 3am. We went to Jen's last evening to celebrate Kaitlyn's 16th Birthday yesterday and didn't get home until after 9pm. So Larry didn't get much sleep at all. He said it's been SO hot in the plant and that it's hard to breathe. I worry about him.:confused:

Yes our Kaitlyn is now 16 and she takes her road test this Friday to get her license to drive by herself. She's putting her name in several places for a job. She's a delightful girl and so loving and kind too and we really like her boyfriend, Preston. (They went through a rough patch but are doing well now)

My Josh is in Florida with his girlfriend, Marta. He drove there from Nashville and is in Fort Lauderdale. THey will be there for two weeks; he's doing a guest spot and then taking a week for fun and sun. His birthday is tomorrow; 33 years old.

My doctor appointment is at noon today so I'll see what he says.

(((ELLEN))) I hope you feel better soon; take it easy and rest.

Thinking of ((LYN)) and (((HENRY & Lesley))) and of course (((DOUG))). :heart:

Annie, I had a dream the other night and actually remembered it, which is unusual for me. Larry woke me up and asked what I wanted and I said "huh?" He said "well you're kicking me!" I was dreaming that I was in a boat with all kinds of animals and it was tipping over and the animals were swimming away and I was trying to get them to go back to the boat.:lol: I was swimming and kicking away.:D Poor Larry.:rolleyes:

Anita, I bet it was the black beans, corn and tomatoes that fired up your IBS. The seeds in the tomato's most likely; unless you're lactose intolerant.

Char, whoohoo about...the granddaughters visiting.:clap:

I'm waving to you all and wishing you the most productively creative day possible.

BBL:wave: :heart:

laudesan
07-09-2013, 09:00 AM
(((Ellen))) (((Lyn))) I didn't realise you were in hospital. Huge hugs...

I picked the last two ripe lemons today (there are still 4 green ones coming along) I have had 9 big lemons off my scraggly little tree so far. :-) I have been doing as Char suggested, grating the skin lightly and drying it and storing it in an airtight jar, before juicing them and freezing the juice in ice-cube trays.. :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2013/22284-Winter_Harvest.jpg
Black Russian tomatoes. I am amazed they are still growing seeing as it is the middle of winter here..

Karl :lol:

LynnM
07-09-2013, 09:02 AM
:wave: Historic Village morning today, BBL...............

Scene Chaser
07-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Good Day All,
Overcast here and threatening to rain again. We’ve had enough now for awhile.

Geoff, do you have air conditioning?

Doug, glad you feel relieved just to know help is on it’s way. Good luck bowling.,

Anita, hope you’re feeling better.

Char, I know your son is a soldier, but is he a career soldier? Joining the army was something my father wouldn’t allow. He would have fallen apart if I had.

Ellen, you do such a great job caring for others, but when it comes to yourself…hmm.

((JJ)) do you wrap your ankle when doing your extreme sports? Love your tomatoes.

Karl, I have some pretty realistic dreams, too.

Ellen, very dangerous for Larry to work in such heat without sufficient sleep.
So, were you on Noah’s Ark or something? :lol:

Having a banana/spelt/walnut/chocolate chip muffin made in my new muffin tin.
Bill

Flattwo
07-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi

Horribly hot here, don't like it at all!

Doug, keep at the Docs, from experience they can be lackadaisical

Lesley is now in hospice for ten days to try and decrease pain with the strong pain killer, Ketamine, she starts Chemo is 8 days

Henry

Maffet
07-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Hello to all :wave:

I have to show something :D I returned from very wild weekend. On friday I played on woodcarwing exhibition on west of my country (travel with big harp 4 hours in a train) - than celebration with artists from exhibition.

... in the morning woke up at 5 and take first morning train back to Prague - not only with harp but also with 3kg of fresh honey in my rucksack. In Prague change trains (harp weight is about 12kg :evil: ) and going this time to east of country 3 hours by train to fantasy and scifi convention.

They invited my as fantasy illustrator for final evening of event, also as a harpist for some number in programme and to take Aeronautilis prize I won last year for best cover. But what I didnt know, that I won also this year's prize. Jupeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Oh my! So now they are standing two little space ships on my wordrobe.

So here it is :thumbsup: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2013/8104-1011003_10200096735009167_1557577395_n.jpg

I am so happy. I didnt expect that at all. Best thing on this award is that is given by fans and it's second most respected prize in sci-fi and fantasy in czech after Academy awards. I am happyyyyyyyyyyy!!§

I simply had to share this.

wcartistsr
07-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Good Morning. Hot and very humid.
Lots of sick folks here right now. I am one of them. Still working on the cough. Saw the doctor yesterday and he put me on another antibiotic to keep any infection from starting as we do not want to compromise my lungs further. I am slowly improving, but he said I could cough for two more weeks! Ugh! I am trying to walk a bit slowly on the treadmill to get my legs back up to speed. Have lost strength in three weeks of sitting around.

Doug, surely hope that the tests reveal what is wrong and you can be on the mend.
((Henry and Leslie))
((JJ))
((Lyn))
((Ellen))

Maffet-Congratulations on your awards! What a wonderful surprise, but so well deserved for the beautiful work you do.

Working on genealogy

Shirley

Yorky
07-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Back from bowls. We finished early as it was just too hot. 39C in the sun here :eek:

Well, I feel the same but at least something is being done to find out what is wrong. Hope I can get some sleep tonight.

Poor Larry having to work in extreme heat with no ventilation. No a/c here just a big oscillating fan.

(((Lesley))) hope she can get some relief Henry.

Congratulations on your award Jana, we know you are special and so talented.

(((Shirley))) hope you continue to improve.

Ruth has completed a black version of her green cardigan pattern and is now knitting penguins again :)

Doug

Europa
07-09-2013, 11:25 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Well had a surprise earlier - my eldest brother arrived to visit - he must have found the map to our house lol.....though I think it was the rollicking I gave him the other week about getting his act together to come and visit Mum. He only lives the other side of town about half hour away.

He was saying that if he won the lottery he would move to Vancouver Island to live - Mum told him he couldn't move so far away from her so he said she could go with him.....I practically started packing her bags.....lol. Yeah right....like he would have Mum living with him.

I was throwing up last night after tea - mind you am feeling a lot better now - think I may just have eaten my tea too quickly - that will teach me. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear so many are not feeling well - sending hugs to Doug - Ellen - Henry and Lesley and Lyn. :heart:

Chatting to my friend Sheila in VA last night - seems she and her husband are going to be ...snowbirds. They have found a mobile home park in Wachuala Fl where they are renting a small home for three months.

Better go our John is here - needing to talk to me.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

villagernb
07-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Hello everyone!

So sorry that almost everyone seems to be ill! A collective :grouphug: for each of you who are sick or injured, with special mention for (((Henry and Lesley))) and (((Doug))) because we don't know what is ailing you as yet! Hope it's nothing serious. Henry is right; you must keep after the doctors. It took a year for me to get the correct referral to have my arm dealt with!:rolleyes:

Pat, I got a good:lol: at the picture of you excitedly packing Winnie's bags to send her off with your brother! (I think we have the same brother!)

Darla, you dreamed about "The Life of Pi"! Was there a tiger in your boat? Best of luck at your doctor's appointment!

Betty, thank you so much for telling me about Opus! I will definitely visit their Granville Island location, and was delighted to see that they sell online as well. I had meant to ask if there were any good art supply stores in Vancouver that I should visit, but I forgot. Too many other preoccupations!:rolleyes:
When my son lived in Vancouver I visited him there once for three weeks. He lived within walking distance of Granville Island and I shopped at the market several times, but I guess I didn't fully explore the Island. I wasn't doing much painting at that time either. Life was interfering with MY life!

Jana, congratulations on your awards!:clap: :clap: :clap: I can only imagine how thrilled you are!:D

JJ, those tomatoes are just gorgeous! It will likely be at least a month before local tomatoes are ripe here.

Karl, I think your stew sounds delicious!

Saw the pictures from Toronto last night! Couldn't believe how deep the water was! The Don Valley Parkway looked like a canal!

Warm and hazy here today. Don has left for his bike ride and I am going for my walk in a few minutes. Hope all those in sickbay start to feel better--hot and humid weather only make you feel worse when you are ill!:heart:

BBL

Anne

JudyL
07-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Morning all

Jack out running so I thought I'd wait till he gets back before going for my walk.
Jana! Wonderful! I must admit they are...well...unusual are the hoops on the top significant in any way?
Pat! hope you feel better (FYI y'all just in case you don't know, "tea" in the UK means dinner in the US)
Doug hope you feel better soon, keep us informed
Ellen, for goodness sake, stay home!

Jack's back got to go.

New Gamboge
07-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Hi again - another beautiful morning here. Jana - congratulations on your awards- I am a great sci-fi fan!

JJ - those tomatoes look wonderful, I like the Black Russians.

Pat - has your brother been to Vancouver Island? Where would he like to move to - of course I think it's beautiful anywhere here, then you'd have to come visit.

Anne - glad you found the Opus website - it's hard to go into their store and not buy anything - we also have one in Victoria. If you make it to Vancouver Island, give me a call.

Doug - hope they track down the problem soon - not knowing and not having anyone look into it makes a problem seem much larger.

Has anyone heard how Island Nipper is doing.

Henry & Lesley - fingers crossed for you.

Betty

LynnM
07-09-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm back, and much relieved. I have decided to take a holiday from actually being at the Village, I love them all, but it is too easy to say 'yes' when I should say 'no' to projects. I have brought home 10 yards of cloth for 5 shifts, very simple sewing, and that will be all I do for them till next September. I will get those done in the next couple of weeks, and then that is it.

I hope you get a diagnosis soon, Doug, at least things are happening now.

Good story, Pat, too bad you can't at least share her care with him, that's what my mother's family did with her mother. Although mum was the one who had her at the time she needed to go into care, that was stressful.

That would certainly wake you up, Darla, it does sound like 'the life of Pi'. My sympathies with Larry, must be hard to do any work.

Congratulations, Jana, you had a busy time! The trophies look lovely on your shelf, thank you for sharing with us :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

Good that you now know a bit more of what to expect, Henry, I hope she can be more comfortable.

That muffin sounds pretty good, Bill, you have me thinking...I've been meaning to make some pumpkin muffins, something to do tomorrow.

Lovely looking lemons, JJ, so great to eat your own produce!

I think Darla is right, Anita, sounds like a recipe for discomfort, I'm sorry you are not well.

Nice that you will have a visit from family, Char, it's been a while since you have seen them.

Greetings to all I didn't mention, and all to come, have a good day!
Hugs to all in need :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

olliewood0702
07-09-2013, 02:11 PM
(((SHIRLEY))) I'm so sorry you are laid so low with this virus. To get a bad virus in the summer is the WORST and hardest to shake. I hope the medicine works and fast!:heart:

Yes, Betty I too have been thinking about Island Nipper and worrying about his absence.

Henry, Hospice is the best at keeping pain at bay; I'm glad ((Lesley)) is getting their expertise.

Doug I hope they scheduled your test ASAP.

Hi Anne! Life of PI...you are so right. I loved that movie.

CONGRATULATIONS JANA! THe statues are great on your shelf; and so well deserved.

Bill, that muffin sounds DELISH!

HI Lynn! Pumpkin muffins are great; I have a recipe that I like and a pumpkin loaf that is delicious and I make it during the Holidays.

So I went to the doctor; and I'm not convinced surgery is the best option at this time. He said I have good movement and to keep doing what I've been doing and see him in a month and if I think it's not up to snuff then he'll order some PT. He said the decision about surgery (and it could be done anytime I choose) is up to me but that it's not always a guarantee that it'll feel any better after; or won't happen again. I have some arthritis in my knee already and if down the road I'd need a knee replacement they just remove the ACL anyway. The torn meniscus; well they just would clean up the tear (remove the torn piece). He said the rehabilitation after an ACL repair can take up to two years to feel normal. I don't believe that because the last time I had mine repaired I was back to normal within 3 or 4 months!:confused: Maybe for some people who are afraid to move; but I'm not.

The sun came out and it's HOT and HUMID. There is a nice breeze though. Larry said he's going to go home, shower and lay down for a nap...we aren't nap people but as we get older...you sometimes just need one!:thumbsup: I wish I could have one most days.:lol:

Have a great rest of your day everyone!:wave:

Roun2it
07-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Just checking in from the Cook Islands saying Kia Orana to you all .... It's been a nightmare connecting to the World Wide Web ....... But hey we are on holiday!

We met Lulu and John at NZ airport and flew out to the Raratonga the island we are staying on ....... The weather here has been warm not hot, windy and raining .... But over the last few days it has cleared away and beautiful sunny skies have developed. We have had two weddings at the hotel since we arrived and Chris and Lulu have needed a supply of hankies to get them through it .... :)

On our first day I uploaded a photo to Facebook showing rear end of Lulu taking a photo of a wedding happening right outside our door! The net seemed simpler then I've not been able to achieve such heights of technology since, so if you want to see that take a look at my Facebook page it must be there somewhere. Rooms are lovely and the place is great we hired a car to get around the island only 32 klms round but the bus only goes Clockwise so it can take an age to get somewhere if its only two klicks the other way, plus they run on island time which means they have a timetable but never stick to it..... hey whatever!

It is very funny travelling here as we flew out to the Cooks at 8 pm on Tuesday, it took 3 hours to get here, ..... But we actually landed in the Cooks at 12.30 am ........ On Tuesday!!!!! so we started Tuesday all over again. So that night we went out for a nice Chinese meal but we actually ate it before we had actually landed. Now how does that work ?

We have had some get meals out and last night we went on a progressive dinner being picked up in a mini bus and driven around the island eating at three islanders houses for each different course, it was great fun and the meals were superb. I'm sure Lulu will have photos to prove this. I have discovered that Lulu is a denialist dieter, she will go out for a meal saying I'm not hungry and will only have a starter, THEN order a big main and devour the lot before anyone else, eating cream cakes she has adopted a plan that sees her ordering a cake between her and John, poor John he only gets the crumbs ......... ;)

Ok just trying this out, I've cut and pasted this an I'm just going to drop it in the box at WC to see if it works before I get logged out ....

Only three days to go and when we travel back on Thursday we hop over Friday altogether and land on Saturday ..... Not bad for a three hour flight.

villagernb
07-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi, everybody!:wave:

We just planted two new Clematii(is that the correct plural form???:confused: :D )
They are supposed to be dwarf (2 to 3 feet high) but you never know with plants, our lovely white one was supposed to be Nelly Moser--a pink!:rolleyes: :lol:

The gardening adventures continue! AS Char sometimes says, the excitement around here never ends!:wink2:

Enjoy your supper! (dinner? Tea?) :lol:

Anne

Yorky
07-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi Kev :wave: So good to hear from you. I will certainly look up your Facebook page - can't miss that photo :lol:

Hi Anne, Nelly Moser here grows to around six feet.

Doug

Uschi
07-09-2013, 07:08 PM
2 minutes left, posted reply in Monday's wash, couldnt figure out how to copy and past on this machine so :wave: :heart: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Uschi

JudyL
07-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Kev there are lots of Kev Fowler which are you?

CharM
07-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi!!

11 minutes left, lets see how fast I can type and how many mistakes I can make.

Been overcast most of the day, no rain though. Still warm and humid.

Nothing important happening here, had lunch with Lynn and in the absence of a computer am reading a lot.

Char, supposed toa be sunny. Was going to phone you, but I will be arriving around Friday noon

Kay, love youyr taste in books, just can't read fast enough since once I start on one author I read all of his/her books. Right now I am on Stephan Cannell, like his style Thanks for the new suggestion noted!! What colour is your bathroom??

Doug that hyou will be feeling well soon again!!

Jana WOOHOO How wonderful is that!!!

There's a big thunder boomer rolling our way, so I won't stay online too long.

Gail, if your looking in, you could be driving into the rain pretty much all the way down here... The weatherman is promising to clear things up by Thursday. :crossfingers:

Yes, Bill... Jon's a career Officer... he's in line for promotion fro m Master Seargeant to Warrant Officer. He's been in the infantry for 13 years with only 7 left to serve before he can leave with a good pension.

:clap: Jana!!! :clap:

Pat, :lol: like you'd pack your Mom's bags! :lol:

Kev, I'll go and see if I can find you on FB... I think we're *friends*...

Good on you Lynn... saying *No* is so darned hard!

((Ellen))

((Darla)) I know you'll do what's best for your long term mobility!

:wave: Shirley, Anne, Judy, (((Doug))), Betty... I think I'll shut everything down and just relax awhile... Be healthy, People!!!!!! :heart:

Scene Chaser
07-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Char, seven years of worry for you. White light to him and you. He's a brave and patriotic man.

Uschi, I'm the same as you. Though I read others in the mean time, I want to read everything Michael Connelly wrote before moving on. I do pick up a lot of
$1.99 Kindle books, though.

Good Night all,
Hope you sleep well tonight, Doug. Opps, you're probably asleep. Hope I didn't wake you.
Bill

laudesan
07-09-2013, 08:54 PM
They invited my as fantasy illustrator for final evening of event, also as a harpist for some number in programme and to take Aeronautilis prize I won last year for best cover. But what I didnt know, that I won also this year's prize. Jupeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Oh my! So now they are standing two little space ships on my wordrobe.

So here it is :thumbsup: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2013/8104-1011003_10200096735009167_1557577395_n.jpg

I am so happy. I didnt expect that at all. Best thing on this award is that is given by fans and it's second most respected prize in sci-fi and fantasy in czech after Academy awards. I am happyyyyyyyyyyy!!§

I simply had to share this.:clap: :thumbsup: :clap: Woooooweeeeeeeee! Way to go Jana!!!! Wowsers. I am so proud of you!! You are amazing girl! :heart:

:grouphug: :heart: Henry and Lesley :heart: :grouphug:

Anne, they are a beautifully flavoured tomato. What surprises me, is that they self seeded from my summer crop and grew on through the winter .

Pat - yeah right, you would pack Nan's bags. I have 2 biological brothers and two "brothers" from my adoptive Dad's first marriage and never the twain shall meet..

Lynn maybe a break is a good thing.

Hugs to you Shirley..

Darla, I loved the Life of Pi too. I had a cartilage removal done about 15 years ago. I was great after 6 weeks, not sure where the 2 years comes in.??

Good to se eyou Kev

Got to run the truck with the Skip Bin/Dumpster is here... :wave:

WthrLady
07-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Hey all :D

Char :D we just passed our 20 year military mark :D

We managed the wildlife safari park today despite the heat index of 108. OMG my company almost melted. Felt just like southern Alabama to me :D

I was on i 80 for almost three hours today. I kept looking for Karl the whole time. :D Nope, didn't see him.

Company heads home in the morning. Cattle show with the camera for me in the afternoon.

Congratulations Jana!

NancyR
07-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Good Evening,

Went to doctor this afternoon. I will find out on Monday after a nerve test whether I need back surgery or not. If there is permanent damage, then I have to have the surgery ASAP. Unfortunately, surgery might not relieve the pins and needles and numbness in my foot. If there is not permanent damage, then I will either learn to live with it or have the option of surgery. :(

Darla, As long as exercise is helping, avoid the surgery as long as possible.

Doug, I hope you do not have a hiatial hernia. I have been dealing with that and acid reflux for years.

Henry, :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: For you and Lesley. I think about you both every day.

Jana, Congratulations on the award. What a wonderful surprise.

I need to unwind, so hugs to all in need.

JudyL
07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Hey! all you insomniac's out there! I just read in the Readers Digest (just got mine today) Anyway, they said that playing Tetris, in the test they did 10 minutes, helped. Why? because playing the game engages a part of the brain responsible for storing memories.

Who knew! any way it can't hurt, and may give you something to do when you can't sleep!