PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Wrap Woman

Flattwo
09-14-2003, 05:23 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-14-2003/3457_Bubble_Woman.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Bubble Wrap Woman
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 14x10 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Watercolour/Ink on Bockingford paper

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
As you like it

jocelynsart
09-14-2003, 07:59 AM
Ok, I personally love this.
It has a strong design illustration feel to it and I miss doing those. They were fun and difficult to do.
The shape and fall of the figure is beautiful. The warm foreground material and cool background material work. It has alot of depth of space visually because there is alot of reflection on her body from the forground colour and little reflection of the background material on her. This works to create distance of the space.
The line work and the shapes and edges are very harmonious and well designed. There is good contrast in delicacey in the lines. I particularly like the more spidery feeling ones on her body as opposed to the more heavy, organic, viney ones around her. I get a more Nature oriented feel to this and not so much a material like bubble wrap however.
Because I can see light behind the purple material, I do get the feeling she is in space Inside that material though. I really think you did a great job!
I think this is a very successful what I will call, illustration/artwork. It also has some emotion and causes one to reflect on the stories that could be behind it.
Joss

pero lane
09-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Sensuous lines!:) Nice work Henry.

designditz
09-14-2003, 02:31 PM
I love the use of color here! And the glow of reds and purples on her body are great! this whole piece really works well...I don't know if it is "illustrative" or not but it is GOOD! Really cool stuff!!

bradbrains
09-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Nicely done! The colours look great together but it's the patterns that make special.

jocelynsart
09-14-2003, 05:08 PM
I had to come back and look at this again. I find this piece really special. Great composition and style and feel. Much more interesting than if the whole thing were to have been rendered representationally.
Joss

Antonella
09-14-2003, 05:37 PM
beautiful and sensuous. Have you used the Venus and Cupid painting as a reference for the Venus figure? I adore that painting

Flattwo
09-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Thanks all, your comments, I find most interesting, I'm glad you like it

Antonella....the pose of the woman is from the painting "The Rokeby Venus" by Velaquez 1649 it is indeed a beautiful painting, and of course when one has the urge to paint a nude and none are available to pose, what can one do?

Regards

Flattwo

Bruce B
09-14-2003, 11:50 PM
I think it has a stained glass sorta feel to it. Very nice.

Phranque
09-25-2003, 10:03 PM
This is gorgeous. I love everything about it.