PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Monday 8th July 2013**

shipbroker
07-08-2013, 12:40 AM
I llooked in half a dozen times since 0300 expecting a rush of NA Wash starters!

Good Morning all very dull here but forecast 30c later

Shopping and Banking and hardening back on agenda so see you all later

geoff

Yorky
07-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Good morning Geoff, same here, had a terrible night feeling nauseous but couldn't be sick. May make a doctor's appointment.

Doug

JudyL
07-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Doug! so sorry to hear you weren't well and yes go to the doctor!

Not much happening here, I made more of my chicken salad (with giant cans of chicken) much like a tuna salad but nicer. I have to keep it on hand, and it is the "go to" for snacks etc.

It's getting late, bbl

shipbroker
07-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Poor night wth me too although weary don't feel unwell...

Couple of iPod typos.......in last message yesterday I said 'some' instead of same about the hawk scarer.which somewhat alters context!.....this morning opening message....where did 'hardening' come from?..gardening it is!

Eileen has medicines and BP annual assessment today, she won't be looking forward to it that I am sure....

geoff

Yorky
07-08-2013, 03:57 AM
We forgive the spilling mistakes Geoff :)

Hi Judy :wave:

Well, I'm up but still feeling nausea - had it for over a week. I'm going to be shattered by the end of the day.

Well the new printer arrived, now to set it up.

Doug

laudesan
07-08-2013, 04:04 AM
:wave:

Geoff for you....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2013/22284-Owl_for_Geoff.jpg

later...........

shipbroker
07-08-2013, 04:25 AM
Looks kinda familiar JJ!

geoff

doppler
07-08-2013, 04:27 AM
Good morning for evening Doug and Geoff. Spilling mistakes are bad.:lol:
Judy, sleep well and cool.
JJ , dont think them there owls work for Geoff. His was assaulted and toppled by pigeons.

LONNG day today. Woke at 3 am, turned on the light and loked at my Watch. Snuggled down for the next episode of the nightmare. Not scary but wondrous in its inexplicability. Memory of such gone but a feeling of, what does go on in my head when I'm not watching? :rolleyes: The only thing I do remember is that the cats and Roger got out when I woke in a sweat at five am, on the dot. The sweat was because the fire was still going. We lit it in deference to the cats who after all were desert dwellers once, as a Species :lol: It was also a bit chilly last night.

Anne, we have multilingual cats here :lol: :lol: :lol: LOVE it.

More cauliflower stuff going on here. We'll be sick of it by the time the broccolis come on. :wave:

laudesan
07-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Looks kinda familiar JJ!

geoffOh...........:angel:

Scene Chaser
07-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Good Day All,

A beautiful sunny morning here.

Doug, could you be having a problem due to imbalance in hearing aids? Something might be affecting your inner ear.

I'll work on ridding some junk in the garage today.

Bill

Yorky
07-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Just possible Bill, thanks for the suggestion, I'll ask the doctor. I'm not dizzy but feel as if I need to vomit all the time - but can't. I seem to have had it since my last course of antibiotics, may have upset my gut flora.

Well, managed to set up the printer after several attempts to find the network seems to work OK and prints 6x4 from the ipad.

30C here with hazy sunshine.

Doug

Scene Chaser
07-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Do hope it's something simple to overcome, Doug.

Forgot to say congrats to Andy's win. What a fighter and great sportsman he is. He should be knighted.

Going to cultivate the garden now.
Bill

Yorky
07-08-2013, 07:35 AM
And I forgot to say how horrific the tanker crash in Canada was, still counting the dead :crying:

Doug

CharM
07-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning! A thunderstorm ripped through here last night and the satellite and internet went down. We went to bed. :lol: This morning, we have lots of cloud with a little sun peeking through now and again. More thunderstorms are predicted to develop later on. The ground is getting spongey.

I don't have a Class this morning, but my adult group will be here this afternoon for their last session till fall. We'll be making up moleskine-like sketchbooks.

Geoff, I had to scroll back to re-read your post... I knew you meant gardening... it's interesting that we tend to fill in the correct words when coming across spelling errors... the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe...

((Doug))... I sure hope there's nothing serious going on!

Judy, have you tried making your salad from rotisserie chicken? I keep boiled eggs in the fridge for the same reason...

Hi JJ... those owls don't work here, either... I wonder why they're so popular?

Annie, do you feel as though you worked all night?

Bill, don't you wonder how you managed to accumulate all that *stuff*??

The news reports coming from the derailment are positively shocking and tragic... the plane crash news is equally awful...

My thoughts are also with ((Lynn)) and ((Henry and Lesley))...

I hope that everyone has a wonderful start to the week! :heart:

shipbroker
07-08-2013, 08:11 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2013/84585-owl.jpg

JJ This is the one mine was modelled on........

geoff

Scene Chaser
07-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Char, I don't understand why I wanted some of this stuff in the first place.

Radar shows thunderstorms coming our way across Lake Michigan and then to Ontario. We haven't been getting much rain, just a little now and then. We can use it here. Uschi will like it.

Yes, Doug, a terrible disaster in Quebec. Forty people still missing. Most of them were gathered in a pub near the track. So many buildings just incinerated.

Bill

laudesan
07-08-2013, 08:48 AM
The one I showed you Geoff, has a movable head that truns in the wind..

Char I have no idea if they work here or not, but Bunnings and Masters always have a huge supply of them.

I just watched the movie Seven Years in Tibet. What a moving story, and true too..

lifespalette
07-08-2013, 09:32 AM
A good Monday morning to all the Washers.....sunny and getting hot here today. Our beautiful temps for June and the first week of July are giving away to the normal temps and humidity levels now.....supposed to hit the 90's today by lunch time and high 90's the rest of the week......I guess our 80's and low humidity were just too good to last.

Doug, sorry to hear you're not feeling well......both Lisa and I were down with something this weekend.....she more on Saturday and yesterday I must have slept about 10 hours during the day....just no energy and feeling nauseated, but seems to have passed pretty quickly. Just feeling weak today.

Have an old door frame I want to refurbish this morning before it gets too hot outside. Then I'll move indoors and play with an idea for the kitchen remodel that Lisa came up with last night before I forget it completely......this old age crap is for the birds.

Hope everyone has a good day today.....spread some color when you can.

Steve.

Strawberry Wine
07-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Good Day Washers !

The ground is getting soggy here too as we have had lots of rain here as well, Char. Enough for a while. I just read your forecast for the next week in your area and it is looking sunny and DRY. :crossfingers:

I need to weed one area of tomatoes before we laeve for Chars on Wed so hoping I can get that done if it dries a bit. I will need to spray myself or i will need a blood transfusion they are so thick this year.

Geoff, not sure what you can do to solve your pigeon problem. Frustrating !!!!

Doug, try staying away from dairy and wheat and see if that helps the nausea. For me, there is nothing worse than feeling nauseas all the time Hope you can get into see the Doctor soon.

Judy, I agree with Char... I am shuddering at the notion of eating canned chicken but if it "your turn" to snack, go for it. :)

Hoping we hear from Uschi from a fixed computer or from the library.

I need to go to the grocery store and get a few things and I want to go early so I will :wave: to all and BBL

Cheers,

Gail

olliewood0702
07-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Hello Everyone.

It rained and stormed while I was getting ready for work this morning. IT's SO humid outside and warm too. Pool Larry just texted me saying how hot it is in the factory. We don't need the rain; Larry was hoeing in the veggie garden yesterday and said the ground is quite damp. Our garden looks great. Larry caught the second bunny and several chipmunks and has re-located them about 2 miles away near a river.:thumbsup: I hope they STAY there!:crossfingers:

(((DOUG))) I sure hope you start feeling better soon; a week of nausea isn't any fun at all.:heart: Whoohoo for the new I-pad compatible printer. I need to check into purchasing one even though mine isn't that old (about 1 year). It's not I-PAD compatible.:confused:

Geoff, I hope your owl works a treat for keeping the pigeons away from your conservatory roof. The one JJ showed you is cool because the head moves. Any movement would frighten off the birds I'd think.

Yes the news of the train derailment and plane crash landing are horrific. Such a heavy loss of life from the derailment. They are saying that one 16 year old student from the plane crash may have been hit by an emergency vehicle.:eek:

I go for my follow up doctor appointment tomorrow regarding my knee.

Bill, we'll send the rain your way.

Char, your afternoon students will enjoy making the sketch books. What a great way to have them continue to draw over the summer.

My chiropractor is retiring after 40 years in business. He's 71 yrs old and a wonderful man. His health is declining and so he decided it's time to retire. He sure deserves it. He is recommending three other doctors to his patients. I need to make an appointment soon.

Steve, I'm sorry you and your DW were down with a "bug" this weekend; but glad you are feeling better this morning.

Judy, chicken salad...yum.

JJ, that owl looks like a real one and I bet with his moving head he'd work great!

Gail, you'll enjoy your trip to Char's; what with the lake and all. I hope the weather cooperates for you.

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!

:wave: :heart:

LynnM
07-08-2013, 09:51 AM
:wave: Sun now, and birds....looks lovely but will be hot and humid later. Have to correct the project I thought I had finished last week, but it will fit better in the end.

We had a lovely day at the Pond, yesterday! Changeable weather for sure, but had a big tarp rigged for shelter in case we got a downpour

This is where we were.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2013/97813-Pond_Medium_Web_view.jpg

Out in the canoe with the dogs.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2013/97813-Gord_canoe_Medium_Web_view.jpg

Milkweed
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2013/97813-Milkweed_1_Medium_Web_view.jpg

Thinking of Henry and Lesley, and Lyn, and all those affected by the recent disasters :grouphug: :grouphug:

(((Doug))) I hope you find the answer, does sound like your inner ear is affected.

:) Char, I read that!

Yes, congrats on Andy's win, he looks so happy, and rightly so!

I know what you mean about long days, Annie, having some of those myself. The mind is a wondrous place!

Hi Steve, Bill, JJ, Geoff, Doug, Judy and all to come, have a rewarding day!
:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

edit: cross post, Hi Gail and Darla! Good idea about the salad, I'll be doing tuna.

olliewood0702
07-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Hello Lynn, we crossposted! GREAT pics of the pond. That first one would make a WONDERFUL painting! I bet the mosquito's were awful though am I correct? They are HORRENDOUS this year and vicious. :(

LynnM
07-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks, Darla, actually it was little flying ants of some sort, I just can't get away from them! These behave like flies, but bite with a typical formic acid sting. They didn't act like they were on a mating flight at all, but who knows! Not a single mosquito noticed by any of us. You must have them all :eek:

painterbear
07-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just after 10::0 a.m. here in dry and muggy Oakwood. Rained earlier though so Larry can't mow the grass which is growing by leaps and bounds because of all the rain. :o

Had an early appointment with the dermatologist to have some little "thingies" on my face and head treated with liquid nitrogen (I think that is what it was). Fun way to start the day, eh.

Picked my first yellow pepper from the garden today. We're having a Western Omelet for dinner tonight: eggs, ham, peppers, green onions all scrambled together. I may throw in some potatoes I have in the fridge as well. ;)

Doug, Sorry your tummy isn't feeling good. Do you eat plain yogurt? Must be the kind with active cultures like L. Acidopholis in it. That is what helped us keep our stomaches in good shape during the time we were living in various places. We still eat it almost every day with fruit over it. With a problem tummy, the plain stuff is probably best though.

Lynn, Look at those tree reflections in the pond in your first photo. Perfect example of what Nita has been teach us in class the last couple of weeks. :D

Judy, I agree with Char about buying a rotisserie chicken at the supermarket and using that. Even Giada De Laurentis has done it on her show. ;)

Char, It probably took you longer to type your misspelled sentence than it did for me to read it. You are so right, our minds automatically read the correct word, even if it is misspelled.

Darla, Hope you find a new chiropractor you like as much as the one who is retiring. :crossfingers:

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

shipbroker
07-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Talking in the Agricultural Merchants this afternoon, who sell all sorts of bird scarers, they reckon that either the multi-eye tape or a gun is the answer...
I hope that some go before the elderberry season arrives as the roof turns purple ( know you like them Bill!).......

So my owl is coming down.....

geoff

WthrLady
07-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Good morning all! Heading for a hazy 100 today. UGH. My company is melting away.

For the owls to work, you actually have to move them everyday. Otherwise, birds figure out they aren't real. Being pecked to death by pidgeons is a funny image. Imagine that pidgeon bragging away to his friends about the owl he took down! LOL!

Half the houses here have shiney tape or ribbon hanging on the underside of their decks and porches to keep the swallows from nesting. That doesn't work either. They nest right next to it.

Doug, I was just thinking that you had your hearing aid done last week. Maybe you picked up a bug and introduced it directly into your ear cannal at the shop?

OK, off to find movie times.....sigh. Rather be painting.

villagernb
07-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Good Monday morning everyone!

I was just reading about the train derailment on the Weather Network's website. Such devastation in a beautiful small community where most people would know their neighbours very well. It makes me want to :crying:

On a happier note, I see many of us have been wishing Undergoose a safe journey. What an adventure he will have!

Doug, so sorry you haven't been feeling well. Best to consult the doctor. Nausea can be a symptom of a great many things. Are you going through Tour withdrawal today? It's amazing how quickly you can incorporate something like watching the race every day into your routine, and miss it when it is over!

Geoff, I did wonder what you were going to "harden"?:confused:
Hope Eileen has a good result at the doctor. The older we get, the less likely any such visit is "routine"; the doctor always seems to find something new and "exciting".:eek:

JJ, great owl pic! Clearly a product in great demand!:lol:

Darla, thank you for your kind comment about my photos yesterday.
Best of luck with your knee appointment tomorrow!:crossfingers: :heart:

Lynn, beautiful photos! The pond looks so peaceful!
Maybe the tiny flying ants have driven away all of the mosquitos?:evil:

I'm going out in the garden to weed for the first time in a month! I'm going to work for an hour or two and come in for a break, and see if I feel up to going out again. I have to get my stamina back before our trip to Vancouver, because I expect we'll be going flat out the whole time we're there!

Have any of you done the Grouse Grind? A group of our son's friends from Montreal and Atlanta who are attending the wedding plan to do it. Don has done it before, but I wasn't there with him, so it would be new to me!

Almost cross-posted with you, Sylvia.:D re: the dermatologist, yes that is lots of fun. Been there, done that! we pay now for the many years we enjoyed outdoors in the sun!

SYL

Anne

Yorky
07-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Great photos Lyn, especially the first.

Darla, most printer manufacturers make an app that lets you print from your ipad through your laptop. Mine is called Printer pro.

Couldn't get an appointment today, have to try tomorrow.

Doug

Europa
07-08-2013, 10:51 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Another BEAUTIFUL day here in downtown Wigan - temps touching around 25 and I am stuck in the office.....but I have a good fan on. Am so glad I had ceiling fans put in when we remodelled the house - they are a godsend at the moment.

Mum has her check up on her eye tonight - 8.20pm - that's what happens when you are sent to a private hospital for the op....lol. The eye is improving - she doesn't have the double vision but of course now both eyes have been done she has difficulty reading as she hasn't got her new prescription glasses. Have told her she will have to be patient.

Been collating all the 'evidence' for our court case....I cannot believe how stupid this guy is - he is saying that he wanted 10,000 for the hackney plate (not the 15,000 he actually did want)

He was renting it to us until we could afford to pay the 15,000 and was not deducting the weekly rent from the full amount.....this would have meant us having paid nearly 20,000 all in. Why in the name of heaven would we have returned the plate to him and gone for one that cost us 5000 more if he was offering it us at 10,000 like he states

He is now saying he wasn't renting it to us and that the money was being deducted off the final amount. Unfortunately for him we have signed receipts from him which specifically say.....rental for hackney plate....duhhhh!!!

Well his arrogance and stupidity are going to be the undoing of him....and believe me I take great pleasure in exposing his lies after all we have done for him over the years. Those on here who know me well know that I will fight my corner ......he certainly has picked the wrong fight this time.

((((Lyn))) (((Doug))) ((( Henry and Lesley)))

Well better go and check on Mum.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Uschi
07-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Still don't have my computer, so am at the library. I have one hour, and, of course, first person who interrupts me is my teacher son who is looking for books, second person is an old colleagues' husband whom I hadn't seen in a long time and he wanted to chat. So am running out of time. I did read today's wash, was hoping to have time to read the back ones, might have to do that some other time.

We really have the ideal weather, apart from the humidity. Sun/downpour, sun/downpour, over and over . The garden is like the rain forest, have never seen my flowers so tall and succulent.

Went to a juried art show in Elora yesterday, not one watercolour. The question is, did they not jury any in, or are people simply not bothering entering them any more. I certainly am not. That is the same show where the jurors told us last year that none of them were entered, that while I and another watercolourist were standing right there and told them that we had. The answer was, they didn't see any. So, really, who is going to bother any more. By the way, most of the art shown was not earth shattering, except the portraits, they were good.

Went to an art fair down the road from there, lots of nice and interesting stuff, including watercolours.

I do miss my computer, every time I think of something I want to google. and of course the multiple times I want to check on the wash. It is a looooong day without a computer.

O.K. Time is up, :wave: to all of you and :grouphug: to our sick friends, my thoughts are with you OFTEN!!

Uschi

shipbroker
07-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Afternoon all......Hot and sticky 25C here, quite cloudy too.

Sylvia, Eileens assessment went very well with her BP dramatically down, heading towards where it should be.....bloods being looked at and reported later.

Grouse Grind.. I just had to look.....Pass for me.

http://www.grousemountain.com/grousegrind

geoff

LynnM
07-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Yes, Sylvia, I'm hoping to paint that one. I've had the liquid nitrogen too, no not fun, but over soon :)

Thanks, Doug! They are up for grabs if anyone wants one. The resolution is too small for the RIL, just taken with the cell phone.

Glad Winnie's eye is settling down Pat, I still have some double vision 2 years later, but I think I always had a slight drift at times, has made it worse so I have a prism in one eye to fix that, doesn't always work if I am tired. Good luck with your case.

I hope you get a solution, Geoff, it is annoying, especially on such a lovely addition to your living space. Good for Eileen, getting her BP down.

Hi Anne, :) well, maybe they did, but we haven't had the usual mosquito population at all this year. And it is a good example of when one member of a niche is gone, another one will fill it. Up north last year there were hardly any either, it affected the bird and bat population considerably. Maybe we had an early lucky frost that killed the larvae off this year.

'Grouse Grind' sent me to Google....it's a trail! very interesting, looks tough. We do some hikes in Killarney Provincial Park with sections as steep, but nothing continuous like that. Or I should say, I don't go on those that are!

Hi Uschi! That's a shame about the lack of watercolours in the show. I would be lost without the internet, too!

Hang in there Caryl, been there, done that, they'll be gone soon and then you'll miss them! Sounds like you have traded hot and humid for hot and windy!

Ellen in Ont
07-08-2013, 12:13 PM
:wave: everyone,
The chest cold turned into a full flu at work yesterday. By the time I went home my temp was 38.8 after taking Tylenol! I slept 8 hours and feel a little more human this morning. I hope it runs its course quickly.

We had torrential rains and lighting storms on Sat. The hospitals roof leaked in many places including our ICU. We also lost power and were on generator back up for hours. :rolleyes: I had to get up today and reset everything on timers outside like the sprinkler system. I also had to get the intent etc working again. What a bother.

This afternoon I have to set up our new freezer that Brian picked up yesterday. We need to drag the old freezer into the basement and then put all the food into them. Not an easy job but it will be all cleaned out for the year.

Brian is picking up some soup for our lunch after he bring our old freezer to the scrap metal place. I better get moving so I'll wish everyone not well a better day today.

JudyL
07-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Morning :music: Here anyway, re:chicken salad, originally for sandwiches, like tuna, I just like the big cans of chicken I get from Trader Joe's BUT I love the idea of rotisserie chicken salad, warm or cold, big chunks of chicken, with rice on the side? will put that on my list, thanks Char!

Oh and annoying birds? Our Son-in-law says since the messy birds have returned, the mosquito and flies have slowly disappeared.

Now off to my walk

kaypainter
07-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone.

Feel bad I never wished everyone a happy Canada Day or a happy 4th of July.

Had forgotten about Wimbledon. Then I went trolling through channels yesterday and found a repeat of the match. Was so glad I hadn't heard the result as I watched with heart in mouth. So glad he won. :thumbsup: Djokovic certainly didn't give him an easy time of it.

Is there something in the air? First those 19 firefighters, then the plane crash in SF, then the train crash in Quebec. Last night heard an Israeli F16 crashed. What's going on!?!?!?!?

Anne your driveway is beautiful. I think that's the first time I've said that about asphalt. :lol: You do live in a beautiful place.

Lynn I love the pix. I actually painted a similar scene I photographed in Ireland. I think it was the first thing I posted in the gallery oh so many moons ago.

Judy thanks for sending all that hot weather south -- Not! Boy am I glad I bought an air conditioner. Try a cold pasta salad. Chunks of chicken or tuna or salmon with cucumber, tomatoes, peas, and marinated artichoke hearts. Mix in a little mayo with Gulden's brown mustard. Oh and cold pasta. :rolleyes:

Well I seemed to have some energy yesterday. I washed the dishes even though it made the kitchen all hot and steamy, cleaned up and organized all my jewelry stuff. Bought a six drawer rollabout cart to store everything in. It has lovely colored drawers in red, orange, green, purple, blue, and black.

Finally painted over the base coat the handyman had done in the bathroom (after they fixed the water pipes). I made an agreement with him -- since painting that over was low on management's agenda (and the wall was beginning to erode again) -- I asked him for the can of paint and I would do it myself and give him back the can. But he said I could keep the can which I may take him up on if I can summon the energy to paint the rest of the bathroom. The painted part looks wonderful which of course makes the rest look dreadful! I'd have to wash down all the rest of the walls though. :eek:

Uschi if you ever get to read this -- finished a great book by Dennis Lehane -- The Given Day. I'd always wanted to try his work. Wonderful writer.

Well I need to get stuff done today! So I'll wish everyone a great day and

HAWLTAIN

Kay

LynnM
07-08-2013, 01:44 PM
(((Ellen))) you are supposed to be recovering not hauling freezers around!!! Give your body a chance :heart:

Thanks, Kay....that's a super painting you posted, I checked!

Yes, Judy, I think it is a trade off, mosquitos or birds.

Scene Chaser
07-08-2013, 02:41 PM
We just had a real downpour, it cleared and now it is dark and raining again.

Geoff, that kind of exercise is extreme and dangerous. Suicide for me.

Bill

New Gamboge
07-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Good morning all - had to catch up on a few days' washes. The carpenter ants are back in the house, even though I used tanglefoot - some weeds had grown up and seeds had stuck to the tanglefoot, so they had a path over it. I'm trying everything - corn meal, borax, and more tanglefoot. However, I took a break this am and cleaned out the garage - SIL has been using it as a shop, but now his shop is finished, I want my car back inside. I had to get rid of all the sawdust before I do that side of the house with tanglefoot.

DGD had her first piano lesson - the young woman is really wonderful - Amie and I sat in the foyer and listened and laughed ourselves silly - one of GD's comments was that it was rude to point. Then she had her first swimming lesson on Saturday.

Our baby tree swallows have fledged - still keeping mom and dad busy feeding them.

My water lily has one flower - unfortunately the ducks ate the pretty pink one.

Saw the first fawn the other day - running through the field with mom.

HAWLTAIN - Betty

PS - Anne - rather than doing the Grouse Grind when you're in Vancouver, go to Granville Island, check out the FCA Gallery as well as Opus for art supplies.

laudesan
07-08-2013, 07:33 PM
I go for my follow up doctor appointment tomorrow regarding my knee.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Lynn, looks like you had a fabulous day!!!!!

Doug, I hope you get to feel better soon. What did the Dr say? If your equilibrium is out you will feel nauseous.

Good luck Pat..

Uschi, sounds like you are having an awesome holiday!!!

Grouse Grind looks like the track up to a pinnacle at Carnarvan Gorge (http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/carnarvon-great-walk/about.html), that took us a couple of hours to climb, and there were nearly 2000 steps. I did it, but boy oh boy I loved the rest at the top. :p

Sorry you are ill with the Flu Ellen..

Kay I too was thinking the same. Everytime I read about multiple disasters my mind turns to the book if Revelations. (I am not at all a religious zealous, but...... it makes you think, eh.)

Betty, so wonderful to see you. I love reading about your family and DGD.. :)

I had better move myself it is a gorgeous, fresh, sunny day out there....

Scene Chaser
07-08-2013, 07:53 PM
It has rained most of the afternoon. Since it is very wet outside, Ms. Feral has spent most of the time in the kitchen, either on the rug at the door or in the chair sleeping next to me. Have a good night. Going to watch The Dome.
Bill

CharM
07-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Bill, did you read The Dome? I started to and then couldn't seem to finish it.

Oh... and thanks for sending the rain this way! :p It's been pouring since dinner time.

Pat, I'm glad that your Mom's eye is improving! Good luck with your next battle.

Lynn, your photos are wonderful and it looks like an idyllic spot for camping. We always look for Monarch chrysalis' on milkweed.

((Steve and Lisa))

((Ellen)) Maybe you should entertain taking a day of rest????????

Gail and Uschi... :crossfingers: that we'll enjoy a bunch of dry and sunny days!

Kay, I'm glad your headache is finally going away... A fresh coat of paint always seems to make things look so nice and new.

You've been invaded with ants, too, Betty! :eek: If nothing has worked, you may have to resort to a chemical treatment...

:wave: All I've missed... I'm trying to watch The Dome and I'm a little distracted... :lol: Have a great night!

Scene Chaser
07-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Char, I started to read a Stephen King novel years ago and found it too darn boring. I haven't picked up another one since.

It's been raining here all day and I guess there's more coming tomorrow.

Good night,
Bill

New Gamboge
07-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Hi again - no, Char - no chemicals to combat the ants - we all react to so many things, I'll just keep after them - the tanglefoot works really well, but I have to keep SIL from leaning things against the house, and do more patrols for errant plants. Betty :cat:

Uschi
07-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Hi!!

11 minutes left, lets see how fast I can type and how many mistakes I can make.

Been overcast most of the day, no rain though. Still warm and humid.

Nothing important happening here, had lunch with Lynn and in the absence of a computer am reading a lot.

Char, supposed toa be sunny. Was going to phone you, but I will be arriving around Friday noon:thumbsup: :clap:

Kay, love youyr taste in books, just can't read fast enough since once I start on one author I read all of his/her books. Right now I am on Stephan Cannell, like his style:thumbsup: Thanks for the new suggestion noted!! What colour is your bathroom??

Doug:crossfingers: :crossfingers: that hyou will be feeling well soon again!!

Jana WOOHOO How wonderful is that!!!