PDA

View Full Version : Emotional Torment

brighteye76
07-07-2013, 09:22 PM
It's been a while since I've posted. Life has been busy since the summer started. But that's good. This is one that I started on Friday and have worked on and off all weekend. Still not finished, but I have 3 WIP pics of it.

This one is 23"x23" on stretch canvas. My first I actually street he'd myself. So I'm a little proud of that myself. Haha. I was so surprised how simple it was. But I've realized I need stronger fingers. In time I guess.....*sigh*.

brighteye76
07-07-2013, 09:24 PM
#2 in progress.

brighteye76
07-07-2013, 09:25 PM
# 3 in progress

alangraham
07-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Glad to see you posting again :)-- always enjoy your work. Awesome you stretched a canvas as that has been on my mind of late as well.

#3 is looking good. I'm assuming this is the current state it's in? Excited to see this finished and already thinking that it would look great in a floater frame (even a normal frame behind glass).

Your title is fitting as I am for sure feeling the torment in the tornado.

brighteye76
07-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Thank you so much Cory! This painting is actually in response to a phone call that tore an old wound wide open. I just sat down and started painting. It took several different forms befor it settled itself here. But it gave me a distraction while I worked through my feelings. I still find that process weird. Haha. Anyway, whatever it is, it's very therapeutic.

abstractca
07-08-2013, 10:56 AM
I like the colors

Katie Black
07-09-2013, 06:26 PM
I do like this...I always enjoy seeing WIPs..the progression. I am not sure you wanted any C&Cs? Just a small idea....on the first painting the dark areas at the bottom convey anger/turmoil, and they are great!!!...in your last painting you have smoothed them out/tamed them a little, and I am wondering if you are going to leave it like that or muss them up a bit?..just a thought.

jimwhalen
07-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Good to see your work again. I like this one. I agree with Katie about the dark areas at the bottom in the first version. Looking forward to seeing the finished work.

brighteye76
07-13-2013, 06:21 AM
Katie/ Jim C&C's are always welcome! Well the constructive ones, not the backhanded and often rude ones. ;)

No y'all are right. I noticed that too. I'm going g to try and rework that back to where it was. I'm still learning to sometimes leave well enough alone. Haha. You know when you add something to your work that looks good, so you add some more. Then more, then its overboard and you're pissed you didn't stop sooner.

jimwhalen
07-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Katie/ Jim C&C's are always welcome! Well the constructive ones, not the backhanded and often rude ones. ;)

No y'all are right. I noticed that too. I'm going g to try and rework that back to where it was. I'm still learning to sometimes leave well enough alone. Haha. You know when you add something to your work that looks good, so you add some more. Then more, then its overboard and you're pissed you didn't stop sooner.

I know that feeling sooo well!! It shouldn't be difficult to get it back the way you want it. Good luck with it.

brighteye76
07-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Now if I can just find the time. Haha

HenrietteW
07-21-2013, 04:14 AM
You know, normally I'd say that centered focus doesn't really work well in a composition, but here it makes perfect sense. Other than that I agree on the part of the dark bottom, but the twister itself has definitely got more punch to it than before. Nice one and good luck with the further process. :)

Oh and ps: Congrats on stretching the canvas yourself. I've always stretched canvases and let me tell you one thing: You will get stronger fingers. ;)

saje
07-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Viewing the latest version it feels more like an opening, a separation of the physical, a torn curtain,

brighteye76
08-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Idont know what I think about the red. I look at it one time and love it, then look again and I'm not crazy about it. What do y'all think?

HenrietteW
08-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Idont know what I think about the red. I look at it one time and love it, then look again and I'm not crazy about it. What do y'all think?

What red?? :confused:

brighteye76
08-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Ahhh my pic didnt up load. Let me figure out why.

brighteye76
12-31-2013, 03:46 PM
I can't even begin to describe the roller coaster ride that I've been on for the last 8 months. I'm hoping that it's over and I can move onto something more calm and relaxing.

However I finally got a new camera and my computer fixed so that I can post what may be the finalization of this painting. I'm not sure. I've had it hanging on a wall for the last couple of months and on some occasions the red isn't great, but not bad - other I hate the red.

JoeZero
12-31-2013, 11:20 PM
I like the idea of the red, maybe if it went out wide like the black and white, not so concentrated to the middle?

brighteye76
01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
In my head as I was doing it it was more of a lighting bolt type feeling. Like it's the strike that kicked my all the unwanted emotions.