PDA

View Full Version : Cavalry Charge!

lobsterpot
07-07-2013, 05:44 AM
This is how they did it a few years back. C^C invited.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jul-2013/1144347-cav_chargecolor.jpg

moebean
07-07-2013, 11:18 AM
I like the introduction of the blue color field and the different tones of the photographs ...is the bottom image a graphite drawing? If it is ...gives a nice balance to the piece IMO. ~moe

harrymspitz
07-07-2013, 12:45 PM
There is an extreme coolness here which grows out of the Warholian tradition. I have a personal problem with this because I think that this is a very shallow tradition. I also find this kind of ambiguous art to be impervious to criticism because there is a built in invulnerability here. I think that Artists should care about their art and that they should expose a soft underbelly. This is a very personal point of view but it also is the reason that I find your work hard to embrace.

lobsterpot
07-07-2013, 03:14 PM
thanks Moe--yep, it's a drawing. Harry, good presentation of the argument between intellectual art and the visceral.

moebean
07-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Harry- I don't understand the "Warholian tradition" with "shallow" ..I'm not a great fan of Warhol but can greatly appreciate his talent and what he was conveying. I also don't understand the "invulnerability" ..is it because some do not understand the art and therefore feel less than comfortable critiquing or relating to the piece? I think all artists care about their pieces and all art does not need to expose some "soft underbelly" as in some personal emotional experience...if that is the sense you are referring to, ie... some emotional gobbly gook. ~moe

harrymspitz
07-08-2013, 08:41 PM
I've nothing against intellectual Art. Warhol's art was not intellectual and his followers are clever snickering Bozos not intellectuals. Poker is just no fun if you don't bet big. Art about nothing is nothing.

davefriend
07-08-2013, 09:13 PM
I've nothing against intellectual Art. Warhol's art was not intellectual and his followers are clever snickering Bozos not intellectuals. Poker is just no fun if you don't bet big. Art about nothing is nothing.Art is often it's own version of "the Emperors New Clothes"

humanguy
07-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Warhol's art was not intellectual and his followers are clever snickering Bozos not intellectuals

And you know precisely what you're talking about here....how?

Art about nothing is nothing.

I am so glad you said this.

lobsterpot
07-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Thanks Harry, Dave and HumanGuy--your responses reinforce the notion that everyone's welcome in the World of Art!