PDA

View Full Version : Fabriano journal at Barnes and Noble

Saint Ragdoll
07-06-2013, 10:41 PM
I was recently in Boston and at a Barnes and Noble I found some journals with "Fabriano Journal" on the cover. These have bright colored paper in them. The odd thing is first they say "Fabriano Journal" not "Fabriano Artist Journal" and the paper in the paper in the "Fabriano Journal" is very different from the Artist journals, it is very smooth , the Artist Journals has the same texture as Fabriano's colored drawing papers.

I was disapointed when I unwrapped the "Fabriano Journal" because of the lack of tooth of the paper, I had bought it thinking it was the same as the Artists journals, to use as a dry media sketchbook. Because of the lack of tooth I dont think it will work very well for me as a sketchbook.

The printing on the covers is the same. but on the Fabriano Journal" there is a little paragraph of the history of the Fabriano company on the back cover and "Fabriano, made in Italy" at the bottom of the back cover. The artists journals dont have this.

So I am asking if anyone knws anything about this " Fabriano Journal". Is it a new thing, or maybe some old stock? I Googled it but only found the artists journals.

Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

DrDebby
07-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Sorry I can't help you Teresa. Hope someone sees this soon who might have an answer for you.

wabbitt
07-21-2013, 01:44 AM
I think I've seen these Fabriano journals at Michaels. They look like Moleskine Cachets? Same thickness, same size as the medium and large cachets? Different colored covers? Half the price of the Moleskines?

The paper feels like the Moleskine Cachet paper, thin and smooth (no tooth.) I don't like it for drawing in any medium. I used up Moleskines to log my freelancing hours and to make work notes, then I made my own cachet with (really cheap sale) Canson drawing paper which I actually like better.