PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Saturday 6th July 2013**

shipbroker
07-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Good Morning all.

Birds already giving their all songwise perhaps they know it may be a tropical 27C here today.

Char well done with your Moleskin work, glad it turned out as hoped.

Papers/ Market then gardening today Further problems with the fridge in caravan so doesn't look like we are getting away next week.....

geoff

villagernb
07-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Good Saturday morning, Geoff and all to follow.

Here are some photos of my newly-paved driveway. The pavement is recycled asphalt from a road construction project that was done in our area. The result is almost as durable as new asphalt. We are pleased with the result!

BBL

Anne

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3769.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3769.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3775.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3775.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3781.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3781.jpg.html)

NancyR
07-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Good Morning Geoff! Had a fun afternoon with DH. We did go to see The Lone Ranger, and it was funny with plenty of action. Even my DH laughed out loud. I do not know what the critics were complaining about. Glad we went to see the movie.

Tomorrow DH wants to go look at the Fiat 500L. I think it is the Panda model in Europe with four doors. So, I did my laundry tonight. Hope everyone has a great day. Good night to everyone.

JudyL
07-06-2013, 01:25 AM
YIPPIE!!! the heat wave is over! :clap: Tomorrow (Saturday) we go over to the kids place and have our own fireworks show with friends.
Burnt fingers are fine.

Yorky
07-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Good morning all. Another hot day in prospect Geoff.

Your drive looks good Anne, good to use recycled material. I amadmiring your heathers and your house and is that a sea view?

Good to see you are getting some relief from the high temperatures Judy.

I think the 500L is a stretched version of the original Fiat 500 Nancy.

Looking forward to seeing your holiday photos Darla. Never did see where you got to in the Cotswolds, London, Paris and Scotland.

Our thoughts are with Lyn (artmom) who is in hospital at the moment :heart:

A bit more painting this morning.

Doug

doppler
07-06-2013, 03:42 AM
Good evening all.

Geoff, 27 is comfortable and lovely. Saying that, our cold snap developed into a lovely 23 the last few days with sunshine. Spring weather. NO need for a fire and seriously put out cats.

Judy, glad you are getting respite from the heat and OUCH on the fingers. Meeting neighbours is good.:thumbsup:

Anne, beautiful house and glimpses of view. Driveway looks fantastic. We did that to our drives a few years ago because they were turning into rutted creek beds.

Doug :wave: Edit Oh NO!! (((((Lyn))))))

Hi to all following .

I had a totally unproductive day :rolleyes: But it was relaxing.

laudesan
07-06-2013, 04:39 AM
:wave:

Glorious day here..

Took Tania and the kids to the movies. Tania, Elise and I saw Monsters University. I jumped a few times and was suitably scared. Tania jumped once, Elise looked on drolly..

Reece and his Pop went to see World War Z. :o Zombies..... Reece said he jumped in the beginning of the film and laughed through the rest. I will pass on seeing it.

Char, would love to see a photo of your sketchbook! :thumbsup: Congratulations on your sale..

Caryl, super fireworks video!!! Thank you.:clap:

Oh Lynn, I wish I could be at your mystery night!!!!!

Bill, I hope Janet had a fun birthday...

Super trumpet painting Doug..

Doris, your trip sounds absolutely wonderful!!!!!

Well, I had better go start my evening meal. Tummy is grumbling..

Love, Hugs, and Healing Vibes.... :heart:

shipbroker
07-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Did you know average UK temperature in July is 19.4C..over last 50 years.....
Cool eh!

Just knocked off to answer the door to a Family of Jehovahs Witnesses... I always have an interesting debate with those who have faith, any faith, so was able to add to their perception of what the Bible meant 'x' thousands of years ago...and their response was logical, but rather more clinical than mine.....so they left happy...as I did too.

Caryl....I couldn't get the fireworks open on my Youtube...iut kept taking me to the one saved item I have ...the original 'Riverdance'.........will try again later.

geoff

doppler
07-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Oops .. Nancy :wave:

JJ, I couldn't imagine sitting through that :eek: Elise sounds wise.

Off now. 430 was the bright awakening time this morning in the total dark. Why can't it happen on workdays ? :cool:

laudesan
07-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Annie, Monsters University was Elise's choice :lol:

LynnM
07-06-2013, 08:31 AM
:wave: Sun this AM, will be hot and muggy, A/C will go on soon, but I like the silence for a while. It's a cleaning day today, got the kitchen surfaces in order, now working on the inside of the cupboards.

The ant saga 3: They swarmed again last night, all up the wall :eek: This time I tried the good old aphid treatment, spraying detergent in water, washed down the walls and it worked like a charm. It's been a busy early morning! Thank goodness for the vacuum. So I will watch that spot and apply some other remedies if needed. So far no major chemicals :crossfingers: I know the main nest will be in the wall, so will have to contact rental agent after the weekend, but I'm afraid they will come in with the high powered stuff.

Had an interesting 'senior's moment' evening last night, invited my friend out to a gallery opening which is actually next week....the fellow who reminds us has never done it earlier than a couple of days before the event, so naturally I made arrangements for last night. We were on the bus to downtown when we both realized it was not the second Friday of the month!

So we investigated the movies, friend wanted Sandra Bullock I wanted Lone Ranger, and as we were late for the start, we did neither and just walked down an interesting street and had a snack at an outdoor patio in the Portuguese area of town. Lovely evening for that :) We will have to search a bit to find movies we can both tolerate, I think. Our Art film movie theater has closed.

:grouphug: Lynn :grouphug:

Interesting, same movies playing here too, JJ! we live in one world these days.

Looks like a beautiful spot, Anne, lovely plantings!

Annie, some unproductive days are a requirement of sanity :lol:

Hi Geoff, Doug, Nancy (I thought LR would be fun!), Judy (now cool!), and all to come, have a good day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

FLNH
07-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Very hot in NH....almost like Florida. I don't like air conditioning but it's been 85 in our house so I have retreated to our bedroom with the AC.

My dog turned thirteen yesterday. She is still a puppy to me and very lively despite a serious heart murmur. She doesn't worry about it, she leaves it for me.

A belated happy birthday to Biil's Janet. The possessive is only for identification purposes.:)

Although I generally paint with a very limited palette, I just got an order from Blick's with all,sorts of pretty new colors. I even painted test swatches for all my paints. I know this is what everyone does, I just never have even though I have painted WC off and on for 20 years. Wow that was fun...I now "get" this obsession that many have with all these pigments. But there are lots of things I haven't done such as go to a horse race or a rock concert or go on a spontaneous trip as Doris did. Adventurous to me is painting a very dark wash on a "finished" painting.

Well, the caffeine is wearing off.

HAWLTAIN

shipbroker
07-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Karl......sorts of pretty new colors. I even painted test swatches for all my paints. I know this is what everyone does, I just never have even though I have painted WC off and on for 20 years. Wow that was fun...I now "get" this obsession that many have with all these pigments

Strange..not the sort of thing I have ever done....I have some colours which were bought for a class ( cancelled) 10 years ago that I have yet to open..but I'm strange like that!

Hot and humid here...I'm making imitation owl and a hawk out of polystyrene as pigeon scarers..getting most anoyed with the mess on the conservatory roof......Eileen altering trousers for me, I have shrunk about one and a half inches in last two years, age and diabetes I supposes...My late Mother had an expression " we all grow into a smaller space"...and I suppose she was right..

geoff

Scene Chaser
07-06-2013, 09:50 AM
A belated happy birthday to Biil's Janet. The possessive is only for identification purposes.:)

:lol: :lol:

Karl, I did that color patch thing a lot of years ago, and then promptly forgot about it. I use only about eight colors max, and usually only five. And, they're always the same old colors. It's the scene that changes. I think design and tone is most important and color just makes it more appealing.

Geoff, I use to have those religious discussions, but I've grown bored of it. It's not a philosophy that changes much. Now, I just smile and take their literature.

An exhausting day shopping yesterday. Janet shopped for an hour at Pennys and I sat at a cafe and read my Kindle. Then to Costco for food shopping. The lights in most stores are very tiring to my eyes, so I generally hide away somewhere.

Must mow today.:cat:
Bill

CharM
07-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Good morning Washer Buds! It's cloudy and pleasantly warm at 22C. I slept in yet again, this morning... I know I must need the sleep, but it's puzzling 'cause I rarely do this. Ah well...

I'm going to try 'painting' my t-shirt again this morning. :crossfingers: that I don't wash away all my work again. I made up some sandwich buns yesterday and need to make bread today. I'll get that out of the way this morning so the kitchen doesn't heat up.

Geoff, treating your JW visitors with respect is a kindness. Many people don't . Ted enjoys a lively discussion with them whenever they stop by, as well. And, as a Paramedic, he always said that our lives are reduced to a big green garbage bag as we move from our homes, to assisted living to nursing homes. That's not about stature but our possessions...

Your gardens are lovely, Anne, and your new paving is excellent!

Nancy, we want to see Lone Ranger despite the bad critiques. Apparently the film didn't know whether it wanted to be violent or campy and the combination didn't work as well as it could have. Doesn't matter, we like Johnny Depp.

:clap: Yipee for you, Judy!!! How did you burn your fingers? I missed that.

Hi Doug... thanks for letting us know about :heart: Lyn :heart:...

Hi Annie... unproductive days are productive days in hiatus... :)

I don't want to see piles of zombies, either, JJ... But, Monster University and Despicable Me2!!!!

Hi Lynn... what a funny adventure you had with your friend! :lol: I did read that soapy water sprayed onto ants is very effective... apparently, it is. I sure hope you won't have to opt for the toxic solution.

Karl, I think that the majority of Artists do not make charts or experiment with their colours before using them on a painting... :) Have fun be as adventurous as you dare!

Here are a few pics of my sweet little book:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2013/20514-IMG_0177.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2013/20514-IMG_0179.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2013/20514-IMG_0178.jpg

Bill, many of our stores are dimming down their lights... I like it much better because I also think the fluorescent lighting bothers my eyes.

I'm off to do something productive with what's left of my morning. I hope yours is the very best possible! :heart:

painterbear
07-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just 10:00 a.m. on a rainy morning here in Oakwood. Trees, shrubs, grass, and garden getting a nice drink. One of the rabbits was out back taking a shower...he sat under our big tree getting wet, then carefully groomed his ears and his legs and his face with the moisture. There was plenty of bushes he could hide under if he didn't want to get wet, so I am assuming he was enjoying it.

Just finished cleaning a fresh pineapple and preparing our fruit compote that we have for lunch each day with some of it + apple, pluot plum, and dried apricots. Will pick up some fresh grapes and cherries tomorrow and add some of those too. Served on top of cottage cheese or plain yogurt for dessert at lunch. ;)

Thought you might enjoy seeing my cherry pie before it was served up for lunch yesterday:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2013/9833-cherrypie.jpg

Gail, I make it with two cans of Musselman's water-packed red tart sour cherries. Larry hates the premade fillings because he thinks they are too sweet and too much gel instead of fruit. I use 1/2 C sugar in the filling mix with cornstarch to thicken it just enough.

Here are some flowers I have at the foot of our front steps. They are really doing well this year. I call them Balloon Flowers because the buds look like little balloons before opening. Their Latin botanical name is Platycodon Grandiflorus.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2013/9833-Platycodon_grandiflorusBalloonFlower.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2013/9833-BalloonFlower2.jpg

And one last photo. This is a teeny little frog Christine found when we went for a little walk along a path she follows near her house. You had to have sharp eyes to spot him among the grass and weeds, but Quinn did. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2013/9833-Frog.jpg

Anne,
Your resurfaced driveway looks great....and BIG! That's a lot of driveway to cover for sure, glad you were able to get it done in a way that is good for the environment too. :thumbsup:

Lynn, :eek: for the ants again. Hope the landlords are able to get someone into rectify the situation without using too many heavy chemicals. Needs must though sometimes. :o

Geoff, Good luck scaring the pigeons away. In Italy they are using hawks to scare away the birds that are fouling the ruins with their droppings. ;)

Char, Your little sketch/paint book turned out great! I heard a movie review of the Lone Ranger this morning and the reviewer said pretty much what you did. He thought the first and last half hours were funny and enjoyable, but thought the middle portion was waaaaaaaay too violent and disjointed for the PG13 rating. He gave it a 2 * out of 5* rating.

:grouphug: to Lyn (artmom) who has been in the hospital for several weeks while the doctors try to get her stabilized and the doses working together for her medications. :crossfingers: they are able to do something to help her return home soon. :heart:

:wave: to all who were here before and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

LynnM
07-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Karl, I love the way the pigments look in swatches too, and experimenting with mixes is very informative......that said, I generally stick with my same old limited group of 6 or 7. But it is good to play, gets us using the paints and having fun, which should be part of the painting process!

I agree with you Bill, on the design and tonal values, very important.

I was planning on making some predators like that, Geoff, to scare off the squirrels. I see that my neighbour downstairs has a china owl on her patio, doesn't help much, but perhaps it needs to look as if it really has feathers. I'll be interested to hear if it works for you.

Char I hope your T-shirt works out this time. And super job on the journal, your students should be very happy with that. What kind of paper did you decide to use? How did you fasten the elastic, with a join inside those slits in the cover? I like the paper you chose for the cover, too.

Edit: cross post, Sylvia! Super photos, that is a stellar cherry pie, my mouth is watering.
Re hawks for the pigeons, in our city they re introduced peregrine falcons, and they have taken care of our pigeon problem to a great extent.

shipbroker
07-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Sylvia...they are indeed called Balloon flowers and very pretty to......like that cherry pie.

My owl is being ignored by the pigeons...the hawk isn't finished yet but may have more success..

geoff

LynnM
07-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Does your hawk have it's wings spread? That might be a visual that the pigeons respond to.

shipbroker
07-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Does your hawk have it's wings spread? That might be a visual that the pigeons respond to.

No it doesn't but just been looking to see if I have anything 'plasticey' which could be used to 'flap'...apparently the most successful trade item is a holographic tape with big owl-like eyes on....

Re.The JW visitors, went down to post box later and they were still on their rounds and the two kids were polite and said good day and I got a smile from their parents......wish everyone had those actions/reactions. I have spent a fair bit of my life looking at what tends to be called 'comparative religions' so don't mind an odd bit of exchange with other faiths at a safe level,

geoff

Yorky
07-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Lovely flowers and pie Sylvia.

Like the look of your book Char.

Invited out to dinner tonight with the friends we went to Jersey with.

Still very hot here.

PS Chris Frome has just destroyed the opposition in stage 8 of the Tour de France.

Doug

Strawberry Wine
07-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Good Day Washers ! It is going to be hot and humid today (not complaining) with the chance of a thunder shower this afternoon. Doors and windows are open for the moment but the AC will be turned on around noon.

Only planned activity will be the laundry and then planning on visiting a fairly new antique store not too far from here.

Anne, that is a long driveway that you have had paved.. Looks lovely!

Dan wants to see the Lone Ranger movie as well.

Time to get moving :wave: to All

Cheers,

Gail

villagernb
07-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Good afternoon, Washers! 30 degrees C on my back deck, humid and getting more hazy as the day moves along--glad I took my photos yesterday, the light was much clearer!

Thank you, Doug, Annie, Lynn and Char for your kind comments. As well as making the front of our property look more "finished", it should lessen our work load. We shovel the driveway ourselves in the winter (with snow scoops)-- you're welcome anytime, JJ. We have an extra one!:D . Weed encroachment in the gravel driveway was a constant headache during the growing season. Like most of you, we do not use pesticides--our garden is filled with birds and bees. DH used his brush trimmer to keep the weed invasion under control as much as possible, but that creates its own problems. In May, a stone kicked up by the brush cutter broke a window in the sliding door of our truck.:eek: $$$. So we hope to enjoy our "new to us" pavement in more ways than one!

Doug, our view is of a tidal estuary fed by the Bay of Fundy. It is constantly changing, as the tide ebbs and flows. During the period of the "Super Moon" it was exceptionally high. Part of our view is a large basin that is part of the Memramcook River. You can judge how high the tide is by how "full" the basin becomes. At low tide it is almost completely empty. I never get tired of watching Mother Nature perform her magic!

Annie, I can relate to the "rutted creek bed". During heavy rain storms, our driveway can resemble a waterfall!

Geoff, re:Jehovah's Witnesses. My Mum dismissed them by announcing that she was Roman Catholic and didn't want to hear about any other religion. When we lived in Fredericton in the early years, they didn't seem to get as far out of town as our subdivision, and I did not miss them. However, as the area's population increased, they became regular, if unwelcome, visitors.
When we moved here, they didn't turn up for the first several years, but eventually, they always find me! The first group who came to the door were French-speaking, And upon discovering that I was anglophone, asked if I would like a visit from a member of their congregation who spoke English. They were so polite about it, I did something I normally don't do--accepted their literature.:clear:

Lynn, hope your early morning adventures with the ants will be over soon.
Sorry you lost your Art Cinema. We are fortunate that Mount Allison University in Sackville has a very enthusiastic film society that has a weekly film night during the academic year that is open to anyone with the price of admission. I must say, however, that we have seen some pretty strange films there!

Karl, what breed of dog do you have?
Enjoy your new paint colours! A couple of years ago, I was standing in the hardware store looking at paint chips, trying to choose between two shades of vivid yellow. A man came along and was also perusing the paint chips, looked over at the ones in my hand, and loudly proclaimed, "I would never paint my house anything but white!" I answered with my personal philosophy, "Life is too short not to live it in colour."

Char, LOVE your handmade sketchbook! Those who receive one as a gift are very fortunate!:thumbsup:

I can hear a young raven screeching outside, begging his parents to feed him. He is likely last year's offspring. They have this year's children to feed, so have driven him away. He won't figure it out for quite a while; some kids never do!:wink2:

See you later,

Anne

shipbroker
07-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Right I have moved my owl from a pole hidden in the adjoining contorted hazel bush and now resides jammed into the guttering on the conservatory. This is the area that the pigeons and doves come in looking for a drink.....
Seems a much better place....

Hawk still in non-flying mode...try again tomorrow...

Another hot, hot day here, Eileen has watched Wimbledon and I have done little apart from create owls and talk to other faiths!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2013/84585-domestic_096.jpg

geoff

p.s. sorry have not trimmed the picture down but have lost my programme for that sort of thing,and unlike some have not graduated to Photoshop or the real money programmes.

Yorky
07-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Hope it works Geoff, if it does I'll make one too. Your conservatory is looking good.

Doug

LynnM
07-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Very handsome windows, Geoff! The owl looks like he belongs there, good luck :)

What a wonderful spot, Anne, the sea is endlessly fascinating! My parents lived for many years on the coast of Vancouver Island. They had a 50' high cliff at the front of the property, hence a super view of what was happening in the adjacent bay and across the strait. There were visits from killer whales, and Navy vessels and groups of purse seiners in the season, and I loved to watch the pacific loons which nested down below.

:wave: Gail!

Doris345
07-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi washers,

On train on way to New Haven, CT for w/e with friends near Mystic, CT and the Mystic Seaport Museum. I have been to the Museum several times. It's a wonderful recreated whaling village:
-- check it out: http://www.mysticseaport.org/visit/

I need to clear up something.
When I said we did some white-water canoeing in Maine, I did not mean to imply we were doing some heroic force-five maneuvering through serious rapids and steep waterfalls. It was the wrong choice of words - I just meant a quickly moving river, with some splashing and rocks, some gentle river running to enjoy the scenery with an occasional eddy or obstruction to add to the fun.

This was strictly a laid back pleasure run. In fact, in the need for full disclosure, I confess that there was one point where I was 'grounded' so I just stepped out of the canoe into a foot of water and tugged the canoe back into the center of the river and climbed back in. Totally, completely mortifying and definitely not very impressive.

And my shoulders sure were feeling it for 3 days afterward. I made an Acupuncture appointment for Tuesday. . .

Also:
Sylvia, your pie looks great - I am completely impressed with the perfect lattice crust. Mine never looks so good. I usually just give up and do a regular top crust.

Doris

Scene Chaser
07-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Geoff, just get a cat. :)
Bill

WthrLady
07-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Hey all :)
Late start to the wash for me. Family is here and I'm not used to doing for another 4 people. PLUS, it's Nebraska, and there just isn't a lot to do. Well there is, but my mom isn't in the greatest of health, and my sister has two pinging kids, not bad kids, just WAY more than I'm used to.

This morning was spent at the minature horse show and the cutting horse show. I have some great shots for you all. I may take the high speed camera tomorrow and get some more great shots for you.

Nothing else on the books today but a drop off at the library and a trip to the evening farmer's market.

Cute toad sylvia.
Geoff, I wish you well with your owl. Mine never worked.

villagernb
07-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Hi again, Folks!:wave:

Thank you, Sylvia and Gail for commenting on my driveway. Yes, it is LONG and the turning area right out front is large. We were never able to afford to have it paved with new asphalt, so this was a good opportunity for us to get the job done, plus the wonderful bonus of using material that would have otherwise gone into the landfill.:thumbsup:

Sylvia, that pie would win a Blue Ribbon at the county fair. (Plus it looks yummy!) Thank you for sharing the amount of sugar you use. Most recipes call for too much.
Your balloon flower pics are beautiful. I love them too--they have such a lovely shade of blue, unusual in the perennial garden. I also have white ones. Unfortunately, I have to defend them from the slugs, who also love them, but not for the same reason!:p
And I SO enjoyed the photo of the tiny frog! I love amphibians. We usually have toads in our garden, but I haven't seen any yet this year. Hopefully, they are still around, but they have too many predators, including pesticide!:crying:

Geoff, your owl looks very well-made; let us know if it appears to help. Your conservatory is very impressive. Love the large windows.

Doug, I missed Stage 8 today; DH is in Moncton trying out Giant bikes at the bike shop; the sales rep is in town. I lost my link to Eurosport and couldn't reconnect. That sometimes happens on the weekends during the Tour, when many people are watching. Sounds like you enjoyed it!

Lynn, it sounds like your parents lived in a piece of heaven!:heart: Thank you for sharing.

Doris! Now I am disappointed! I was expecting to see you paddling in the next summer Olympics!:evil: :lol:

Bye again,

Anne

shipbroker
07-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Ok..so I was being clever and it worked for about 2 hours, no pigeons then about 10 minutes ago four or five of them attacked the 'owl' and pushed him over! Rethink needed......

For those who said nioce things about my conservatory and windows..here is a picture I took 12 months ago when it was completed..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2013/84585-small_small_domestic_006.jpg

geoff

WthrLady
07-06-2013, 03:54 PM
I have a picture of a bluebird sitting atop my owl. Sigh.

JudyL
07-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi :wave:
About the singed finger, that was a result of helping our neighbor light a firework in the wind. Not bad no sign of it now but knew it at the time.
Just used Neosporin and band aids.

I can't believe how good it is to have "normal" weather I, and most of Sacramento Valley, got fed up with the 100+ temps.

I've been busy, had to go to the shop to get some things for the party at the kids, the price we pay for living 1/2 mile from a brand-new "Wally World" I must admit it has been very useful! And clean!

We plan on seeing The Lone Ranger, saw Johnny Depp on Letterman and found it interesting so will go, sometime.

Ah well mustache things to do.

BBL

Scene Chaser
07-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Geoff, You have pigeons with a sense of humor. Made me laugh.
Janet suggest maybe some low voltage wire run around the edge. Not enough to hurt them but enough to tickle them away.

Bill

shipbroker
07-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Geoff, You have pigeons with a sense of humor. Made me laugh.
Janet suggest maybe some low voltage wire run around the edge. Not enough to hurt them but enough to tickle them away.

Bill
they would fit light bulbs for night flying Bill!!

geoff

Europa
07-06-2013, 08:36 PM
HELLLLOOOOOO WASHGANGEROOS!!

Am still alive....:thumbsup: life has been overtaking me lately.

Well it has been absolutely GORGEOUS weather here in downtown Wigan and according to the weather man is set to last till August...:clap: :clap:

Mum had her second eye op on Friday - I was a bit annoyed as we were sat there for nearly four hours waiting for her to go down and I did complain about it......however this time we did have our own room with a balcony so at least we got to watch some television which passed the time.

She said it hurt this time and when she got home she had double vision which she didn't have with the other eye....so she went to bed around 10pm and slept through to 11 this morning which was good. Her eye was better today and the inflammation seems to have gone down. Still having pain with her shoulder though but we are getting through the list slowly but surely.

Received the court papers today from the defendant in our court case - I have never read such a pack of lies in my life......the man is stupid as we have paperwork and witnesses to totally refute his claims.....what an idiot. We are pursuing the mediation route first before the court case so then at least we will be seen to have tried to settle the matter.

Was going to go fishing tomorrow with DS Jamie but then we remembered that it is the Men's Finals at Wimbledon with Andy Murray.....well of course we can't miss that .....so instead am going to go down and watch the match at his house (that is our Jamie's house...not Andy Murrays.....lol :rolleyes: )

Have made a start on my second double portrait and also have a cat to paint as well......that should be fun.....lol.

Sorry to hear Lyn is in hospital - sending lots of white light ....:heart:

Love the varied photos in the Wash today.

Thoughts go out to the people affected by the plane crash in San Francisco and also those in the train crash in Canada - such tragedies :crying:

Well better make a move.....waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Yorky
07-07-2013, 02:13 AM
Anne, I am also following the Tour on a Cycling News Tour de France app. They have TDF pages on cyclingnews.com too with maps, commentary etc.

Doug

Flattwo
07-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi

Geoff, air rifle = Pigeon pie

Henry