PDA

View Full Version : Legends of Lake Okanagan

Brian Barnes
07-05-2013, 02:30 PM
For this animation I've blended two watercolour paintings having the same theme and subjects. It also seemed like a great opportunity to try my hand at music composition.

iTcnIg6IrEE

Your thoughts, suggestions, and crits are always welcome. :)

BTW this was my first-ever attempt at music composition ... so please go easy in this area. :D I have no training at all. :(

BrianB

Brian Barnes
07-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Here are the two paintings I used ...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jul-2013/33172-Past-Encounter-med-rev.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jul-2013/33172-Legends-of-Ok-Lake-rev2-med.jpg

BrianB

Yorky
07-05-2013, 03:24 PM
I think you made a great job with just two source images Brian. Maybe a figure on the boat pointing at Ogopogo?

Doug

Brian Barnes
07-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks, Doug. :)

Good suggestion. I had considered putting TP there. :lol:

However since it was an undocumented sighting I figured we can surmise that nobody on board noticed the strange observer. ;)

BrianB

GramPat
07-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Great fun, Brian!
Pat

Antiqueteacher
07-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Brian, another outstanding job!! Loved the music, too!! I have never heard that you had a grand legend. . .she looks like a stick, so I can see how it got started.

Katherine

Doris345
07-06-2013, 12:59 PM
You have done another amazing job, Brian.
We knew you can paint, and animate.
And now compose! Wow! I am totally in awe.

Doris

M.L. Schaefer
07-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Oh, Brian, I LIKE this! Your music is so heart wrenching. Poor little monster is singing I'm just a lonely boy in his heart...you put that thought to music!

So, lonely guy needs to explore the big blue deep and find his lonely gal love! So, you know how Giraffes show affection, by intertwining their necks? Ah, ha! You say! Is she messing with my mind, trying to put thoughts there! Yes, I say! :lol: :lol: :lol: :angel:

:heart: Margarete

olliewood0702
07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Brian, I LOVE the music! I think you did a fine job on it. What a great job!

Brian Barnes
07-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Great reception to this so far. :) Thank you all for that. All suggestions are appreciated as well. They are valuable feedback for future decisions.

Margarete -- I'm happy the song evokes some emotion. :) And thanks for messing with my mind. :lol: I'm just trying to mess with yours after all. ;)

I'm currently composing lyrics for the song and am at the tweaking stage. I'll be posting them here soon for feedback from anyone interested. :D

BrianB