PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Thursday 4th July 2013**

shipbroker
07-03-2013, 11:16 PM
4th July, didn't something happen then??
Ah yes Will Smith saved the World from Alien Invasion!! Good film...

Anyway for those who celebrate it Happy Independence Day.

Busy day as we have 2 adults and 4 children due in for an overnight stop from Ireland.

geoff

villagernb
07-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Good morning Geoff, and all to follow.

Happy Glorious Fourth!

Have fun with your visitors, Geoff.

12:20 am here, time for sleeping. DH wants to rise early and drive over to Amherst, NS tomorrow to ride his bicycle over there in cottage country for a change. Hope he finds their weather pleasant.

ZZZZZ

Anne

olliewood0702
07-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Happy 4th of July to those Americans who celebrate.:clap:

Larry and I went to watch some fireworks tonight. We were going to come home and watch a movie but we are lying here in bed watching the news on tv and almost ready for bed. We are getting old when we cannot seem to stay awake past 11:00 pm:lol: :rolleyes:

I'll be back in the morning..goodnight all:wave:

Yorky
07-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Good night Darla, you aren't old, but you do need your sleep.

Dry here Geoff but expecting rain.

Happy 4th July to our American friends.

Have to choose a reference for class this morning. I may do a techniques demo instead.

Doug

doppler
07-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Happy Fourth of July to our American friends :thumbsup:

Darla, I can't get past eight o'clock at night. :lol: Early to bed, woke up at sunrise today which means I was surely LATE. Out the door in fifteen minutes looking reasonably presentable. I'll blame the dream. :lol: and the kookaburras who slept in too. Normally you can set the watch by them.

Hi Geoff and Doug.

Anne, you will have to show us your paved driveway.

BBL

laudesan
07-04-2013, 04:36 AM
:clap: :thumbsup: HAPPY JULY 4TH :thumbsup: :clap:

be back later.............

FLNH
07-04-2013, 04:42 AM
Happy 4th to those who celebrate. I just took a sunrise photo from my yard.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jul-2013/228602-DSC00166_600x800.jpg

It is a beautiful, early, morning.

Things are quiet in NH. We have a BBQ at my cousins. Great because I like them and great as I do not have to cook.

Belated, but sincere, birthday wishes to Darla,Larry and the other Larry.:)

I posted an uncharacteristically grumpy response to a comment on my new painting in the Gallery. But we are allowed to be grumpy sometimes, aren't we?

I hope you all have a gratifying day.

Henry and Leslie, I wish you peace and comfort.

shipbroker
07-04-2013, 05:10 AM
Nice picture JJ...as were those of the sea yesterday....

Talking of sea......the Techtonic Plates between Europe-Asia and the Americas is growing by an inch a year...This picture taken by a British Diver off Iceland shows the gap between our two worlds...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jul-2013/84585-techtonic.jpg

Stunning isn't it!

geof

laudesan
07-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Guess what I did today :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jul-2013/22284-20130704_123900_576x1024.jpg

Geoff, that is an amazing photo...

Beautiful sunrise!!!:thumbsup:

LynnM
07-04-2013, 08:23 AM
:wave: Rain dripping down the downspout, it may clear this afternoon, I hope so as I have to shop a bit. I finally got my new shelves up in the kitchen, and the toaster oven is now off the counter giving me some more precious square inches of counter space!

HAPPY JULY 4TH TO ALL MY AMERICAN FRIENDS!

Looks like fun, JJ!

Beautiful photo, Karl, you live in a lovely place :) I'll check out your painting.

That's pretty stunning, Geoff!! Gives me a chill seeing a person in there, as if the sides might come together again.

Hi Anne, Darla, Annie.....I went to bed early last night, and as I was drifting off I could hear fireworks were popping off up here too, any excuse for some fun!!! They were probably using up some left from last Monday.

Have a good day all! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

painterbear
07-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Good Morning all,
It is 9:00 a.m. on a damp morning here in Oakwood. We are between rains at the moment, so Larry is outside clearing out our gutters. They get filled up periodically with debris from the trees...the gutter guards only stop leaves, not the other fine stuff that rains down.

No plans for today. Have to do two sessions of the PT exercises my new PT guru has assigned. Amazingly simple, but amazingly hard for me. What a weakling I've become. :rolleyes:

The pie crust dough is resting in the fridge....will make Larry's cherry pie tomorrow. Kari and Casey are coming over at lunch time to wish her Dad and his Grandpop a belated Happy Birthday and enjoy a slice of pie and ice cream.

:music: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!:music: to my fellow Americans. :D

Tonight we are having a traditional 4th of July dinner...hot dogs, potato pancakes, and locally grown corn on the cob! Woooooeeee!

Geoff,
What a great photograph. How amazing that he could touch the edges of two continental land masses like that. Wow!

JJ,
That photo of the trees and the bicycles is worth a painting time for you. Lovely photos.

Karl,
That daybreak photo is stunning too. Love the range of colors in it.

Annie,
I'm an early to bed, early to rise person too, just like my Dad was. Guess it is in the genes.

Darla,
You've got another decade to go before you can start to consider yourself old....at least around here. :lol: :angel:

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

CharM
07-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Happy Independence Day to our Neighbours to the South!

It rained during the night but the sun is trying to come out from under the cloud cover. I hope it wins. We've had enough gloom.

Patty and I had a nice afternoon. The artwork is lovely and covers a wide range of experience levels and mediums. Interesting. On the way home, I stopped at the grocery store for a few essentials and then deposited a small cheque in the bank. The cheque? I sold a painting... :)

If the weather finally decides to clear, I want to take a turn around the lake on my pedal boat. And, I'd love to swim awhile... we'll see. I have to head to the Gallery this afternoon... the Curator wants me to bring in my stacks of paintings to see what she'd like me to frame for sale. Also, my cherries painting is there, so I have to pick it up to deliver to the Desmond Show.

Geoff, I love Will Smith movies. I heard that his most recent one is a bust though.

Did you know that his line "And what the hell is that *smell*?" was unscripted. Great Salt Lake is home to tiny crustaceans called brine shrimp. When they die, the bodies sink to the bottom of the lake (which isn't very deep) and decompose. When the wind kicks up just right, the bottom mud is disturbed and the smell of millions of decaying brine shrimp can be very very bad. Apparently, nobody warned Will.

G'nite and g'morning Anne and Darla!

:wave: to JJ and Annie down under... happy biking...

Beautiful sunrise photo, Karl... I read your *grump* and it wasn't as bad as you feel that it is... it's really hard to be objective.

Geoff, that photo is fascinating and so beautiful! We're floating.

Hi Lynn... counter space in the kitchen is prime real estate!

Oh Heaven Help Us... Larry's not up on a ladder is he, Sylvia???

Well, the day is forging ahead without me, so I'd better get in gear... Both Ted and I slept in this morning and I feel as though I've lost hours of my day... I hate when that happens...

I wish a happy and creative day to All! :heart:

Ellen in Ont
07-04-2013, 10:05 AM
:wave: everyone,
It's going to be a hot one today and tomorrow but at least it is pleasant at night. I've already closed up the house as its hotter outside than in. It is really hard to fight the instinct to open windows if you're too hot. There is only a couple of weeks during the year that that reasoning doesn't apply so it is hard to close things up when it's warm.:rolleyes:

Happy 4th of July to all our American washers. Have a safe and fun day.

Not much planned for today but I'm sure it will fill quickly. At least I'm showered, dressed, the grass is cut, the laundry is on the line and the sprinkler is watering the tomatoes which look rather scrawny with all the low temps so far.

((((((Henry and Leslie))))))) I hope the chemo relieves the pain quickly. I'm glad painting helps you cope. Take care of yourself as well.

Char - congratulations on the sale. I hope the weather cooperates so you can get in a pedal and a swim.

I'm thinking that all the morning needs right now is a good cup of coffee. I brought one bag home from Jamaica and I'm using it in the Keurig machine. The best of both worlds. I'm off to make myself a cup. Have a marvellous day.

painterbear
07-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Oh Heaven Help Us... Larry's not up on a ladder is he, Sylvia???

Fraid so, Char. Of course, he claims he'll never get careless again. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your sale. Isn't that a nice feeling. :D

:wave: to all,

I'm off to do my PT now. :o

Sylvia

WthrLady
07-04-2013, 10:59 AM
HOLY KRACKATOA BATMAN!

(I'll go back up and read the wash later, but I had to share this.)

I've NEVER lived anywhere where fireworks are legal! OMG! Here anyone can buy them and set them off as long as it's between June 26th and 12:01am July 5th. (all fireworks must stop at midnight each night) The large tents cannot SELL them until dawn on July 3rd, but we have firework companies 45 minutes away across the state line. Firecrackers have been going off in the evenings for several days, but two nights ago it really started ramping up. These aren't your light the bottle rockets and run, or the Roman candles, or sparklers. These are FULL fledged 12" giant professional shells !

There's a corporate guy about three miles from my house. (Remember I have a second floor 1000 sq foot deck that overlooks the valley, so I can see 180 degrees, and then far far away.) Anyway, he had a corporate picnic on his estate followed by a full 45 minute crazy firework show. Needless to say, my house full of company thought that was awesome! (coming from a state where even bottle rockets are illegal, and dad is the fire marshal, and even the GIANT city shows only last 20 minutes IF you're lucky.)

UNTIL last night. OMG! The sale tents on every corner had opened their "doors" at dawn and there had been lines ALL day. Fast forward to last night, we're sitting on the deck enjoying the cooldown and BOOM, BOOM BOOOM. For THREE and a half hours SOLID we watched giant fireworks being set off from every part of the valley. THOUSANDS of them for hours and hours. My ears where ringing by the time we went to bed at midnight!

And that wasn't even the 4th!!! The tents were bursting to capacity this morning. I have my 1080p camera charging and I'm getting this on video!!!!!

You WILL NOT BELIEVE IT!

LynnM
07-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Sounds amazing, Caryl! I missed seeing any this year, just heard them, so I'll look forward to a video from you.

Congrats, Char, always pleasant to deposit those checks! You and Patty had a good visit, that's always fun too.

I hope he is careful, Sylvia....old habits die hard! You've got me thinking of cherry pie mmmmmmmmmmm!

Hi Ellen, you're having a heat wave ;)

Thinking of (((Henry and Lesley)))

NancyR
07-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Happy Fourth of July to everyone. Got to sleep in this morning, which was wonderful. I have had breakfast, watered the flowers, filled my little fountain, and am now indulging in catching up on WC. The rest of the day will include floating in the hot tub, BBQing hot dogs, eating, floating in the hot tub, BBQing steaks, eating, and then floating in the hot tub and watching the fireworks. I will be water logged by the end of the day but totally de-stressed.

Caryl, I cannot wait to see your video of the fireworks. We can see the City's fireworks from our backyard. It is illegal to buy or use fireworks in our City. However, as soon as you get out of our county there are firework stands. I used to love sparklers, but they have even outlawed those.

I think it was Gail who asked about the shot. This is the last injection I can have this year. It is for a bad case of sciatica caused by a ruptured disk. I overdid moving rocks, then I moved bricks, but I didn't stop there, I decided to move 1 foot square patio stones. Needless to say, I am ground from doing anything strenuous right now. I am down to pins and needles in my foot. I can live with that as long as I don't have the constant pain in my hip. I do not know what the next step is in the treatment. I will find out on Tuesday.

Geoff, What a beautiful underwater photo. Plate tectonics is so interesting. I had a course in college called Oceans. It was so amazing to study the ocean. I also took a Weather course and many art courses. I had the best time of my life, because I was studying for myself. I already had a career.

JJ, loved your photos and agree the tree with the bicycles would make a great painting.

Char, congratulations on the sale of a painting! Always nice to earn money from doing something you love.

Henry and Lesley, :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I pray the chemo will relieve Lesley's pain. Lots of healing white light is being sent to both of you. Keep painting to relieve your stress!

Everyone be safe and I will check in tonight.

Scene Chaser
07-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Good Day All,

A beautiful day today. I will barbecue a chicken for Janet, as it is her birthday. I bought four ears of corn to microwave, too. Haven't had corn since Doug and Ruth were here. That's two years.

Decided on a tree removal company. They will come on the 11th. I'll take photos as they climb like monkeys and squirrels.

Karl, I love your painting. Some people can be a little too critical. The gallery scares me a little. Mostly we all post for support and some people don't know that.

Bill

Yorky
07-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone. Well, it turned out a lovely day for bowls, if a bit windy.

Hope Larry takes care on that ladder Sylvia :crossfingers:

Interesting photo Geoff, an amazing chasm between the two Continental shelves.

Doug

JudyL
07-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi, cooling down, a bit, only 97 on the front porch, of course it's 105 in the back yard :rolleyes: that's ok that's where the pool is. Oh and it's 97 on the front porch :confused:
We are having our 4th of July on the 6th :rolleyes: but the kids are coming over later for burgers and a swim.

Caryl, we have family in the west of Nebraska (Sidney) and nephew's b'day is the 5th so he has always considered the 4th as his day. They have friends who have a fireworks stand across the road from their place, handy!

Now the Brits have a wonderful holiday, Guy Fawkes Day "Remember remember the 5th of November " And every year the fire works started earlier an earlier. Got annoying, but our house had the best view of genuine fireworks, from our bathroom window :cool:
And the bonfire in Harrogate was wonderful!

When I was a kid, we could go down by the Bay (SF Bay Area) and could see fire works from all around the bay! awesome!

Hope y'all have a safe and sane day

olliewood0702
07-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Well we enjoyed our quiet day, actually we did miss being with family on the 4th of July, first time being alone,ever.

We grilled baby back BBQ pork ribs. Yummy. No bonfire as the Mosquitos were bad. We watched the special on tv in NYC. Larry has since gone to bed as he has to work in the morning.

That underwater pic is lovely, Geoff.

JJ, glad you were able to go bike riding.

Caryl, this is the first year that fireworks are legal here in Michigan. There are noise ordinances here too thou.:thumbsup:

Karl that sunrise is gorgeous. A paintable pic.;)

Bill tell Janet Happy Birthday, watching those tree trimmers/removers should be entertaining.

Char congrats on the sale!

Pat whew..I have a decade to go.:lol:

Ellen it's going to. Get hot starting tomorrow here too. Today was perfect except we could have used a bit more sun.

I hope you all have a great Friday:wave: :heart:

WthrLady
07-04-2013, 11:06 PM
No less than 50! Large scale fireworks going on less than a mile fro m my house! Omg the noise! I am taping on hdmi 1080p for youtube, thousands of shells!

And they've been non stop for over an hiur with an hohr to go!

This is insane!

WthrLady
07-05-2013, 01:00 AM
Midnight and the cone is silent. Ahhhhh
Peace.