PDA

View Full Version : Gossipy Fairies

designditz
09-13-2003, 11:18 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-13-2003/12528_largeblondefairyand_friend_72.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-13-2003/12528_largeblondefairyand_friend_face.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Gossipy Fairies
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Watercolor Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 18x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Yep..that time of day :) Gotta post the latest..this one is rather large..fun to do the details on her face! Lots of gold accents..dont know if they show up well...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything...nothing..howdy :)

Flattwo
09-14-2003, 05:41 AM
Hello

The Lady seems surprised and somewhat bemused at what she has just heard...you know what what they say about idle gossip!

The gold highlights are good and the bloosoms perfectly positioned

Regards

Flattwo

designditz
09-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Flattwo...Thanx! I dont think the gold really reads well.. but what are ya gonna do? Idle gossip?!! Havent heard that one :)

Keith Russell
09-14-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm a bit confused.

If you're going to show her nipples, why the attempt at a 'cover-up'?

K

designditz
09-14-2003, 05:52 PM
Keith Russell, .. well i didnt think of it that way.. kinda wanted her holding the flowers loosely...a bit of peek through them ...wasnt going for a cover up on purpose...but i see what you mean :) thanx!

jocelynsart
09-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Hi Designditz: It is cute, I rather like it!
See that nice tone in the background and the intensity level it is at? I'd carry that down all the way in the background. I don't think I'd leave the bottom that light. Same with the wing below. If you wanted it lighter due to lighting, then you could have it slightly lighter but I think it nees more than is there now.
The lips are my fav! They remind me of my nutty friend Debbie's! The hair is strikingly cool too!
Joss

giniaad
09-15-2003, 12:58 AM
Sarah...
looks like you are spending more time on your pieces
lately...
getting a little more involved
lingering longer in areas

I like that you are doing that
and things are happening

consistant fantasy...light fare...
it has a good place
and
it does have its roots
in the imagination of reality

with this in mind...
the wrist and thumb placement...you need to study.
I follow the fantasy until it drops the ball there.
it is just too far off...more so than any other aspect.
consistancy is the issue...

I think the flower and nipple placements are perfect.
it is innocent...sweet...
(with human frailty and passion)
real aspects put in a fanciful way

jocelyn had good constructive input too...

keep playing...stay involved...
bring each aspect to the same level
be consistant in your rendering

have fun...

designditz
09-15-2003, 03:18 AM
jocelynsart,.. Hi and thanx! I think this pic is just really crappy.. the backround is pretty much the same throughout.. the left side of the painting got a bit washed out.. sorry about that! looking at the pic I would have to agree with you!! Thank you sooo much for the help and comments!

giniaad.. wow thanx so much for taking the time to really look and offer help! I agree with the wrist/thumb looking at it now ...grrrr..gonna have to watch that! When I paint/draw i am so close..sometimes on top as i'm working.. i need to stand back and really look sometimes! Thanx again!! :)

loop
09-15-2003, 04:59 PM
good lookn..definatly one of yours like the way the foliage seems to be in just the right places :D can't help but think that lil one is talking bout me....lemme see where did I put that fly-swatter

Rieko
09-15-2003, 05:27 PM
The innocent look in her eyes and the sexy mature lips caught my attention. I like the confusion between her innocence (holding cute flowers in front of her breasts) and her ripeness (the breasts!) gives me. Fascinating anyway to have two...

The only thing it bothers me is her wrist. Otherwise, I really like it.

designditz
09-16-2003, 03:18 AM
loop...you gonna swat that little cutie?..watch out their fast... might bite ya!! Thanx!! :)

Rieko, thanx..i seem to mix those aspects alot.. it intrigues me too... maybe thats why i enjoy fantasy pieces so much.. you can do that without pushing too many buttons :) THE WRIST...GRRRR..I KNOW...SUCKS!!!!! thanx!!