PDA

View Full Version : Rickshawdriver

moebean
07-02-2013, 08:30 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2013/1020152-BD_023.jpg

I will be investing in photoshop and as soon as I learn how to use will pull out the back-scene.

~moe

alangraham
07-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Moe-- I'm really digging your photos of late :).

Probably my fav so far. Love the look of the driving, and even the little girl in green. I'm sure with photoshop you can make these look even better! You said it feels like cheating with ps, so I'm assuming you still use film?

moebean
07-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks Cory....these photographs were taken in film and have been, converted to digital format which didn't transfer over all that well I must say...I unfortunately don't have access to a DR and no ability to deal with the chemicals if I did set one up in my home. So I'm looking into getting photoshop and "pulling out" what is in the photographs already, just not displaying very well. Best~moe

Jody Schmidt
07-02-2013, 04:16 PM
pixlr.com/editor is a good online photo editor. It has color wand selector and smart selector, which will definitely help with extracting foreground or background elements from complex photographs like this one. Anyway, this is very nice. The rickshaw driver's face is so strong and the rest is just so colorful! Nice.

moebean
07-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Hi Paul...thanks for your input. I've downloaded Gimp to see if that will work, I'll look into pixir as well. So far I'm finding gimp to be a not so very intuitive tool, and not being one for reading directions ...well, I might just have to start reading directions. I'll keep plugging away since its a new endever for me!

alangraham
07-03-2013, 07:45 AM
I have the latest version of Gimp. It works well for adjusting photos of art in an attempt to make them appear as they do in life. I'm sure if I had a better camera I would be better off, but I don't, haha. If I got a nice camera then I'd probably want photoshop as well. Hopefully I'll do this when I get a new computer.

That said, I do like Gimp and have been using it for some time now.

moebean
07-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Cory (Alan) ...sry, can't keep everyones names straight! I've tried Gimp and simply not intuitive..., well ..for me anyway. I have downloaded it for a second time now to try it out...last night was my second attempt and after an hour succeeded in some lousy shading. Does it require reading tutorials or viewing guides? ... honestly I don't have much patience for that. Per a friend suggestion I'm going to try Picasa ...my guina pigs wil be the photo's I have posted thus far and try to improve on them. Thanks again for your feedback, much appreciated ~moe