PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Tuesday 2nd July 2013 ***

Yorky
07-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Good morning all, a fine morning here so far after overnight rain.

Read about JudyL's excapade with the car alarm :lol: So embarrassing.

Couldn't stand all that heat. :eek:

Bowls this afternoon if thecweather holds then the upholterer is coming to see if he can adjust the springs on the sofa where iI sit. Poor thing get a lot of hammer with me sitting in the same place all the time.

Good reaction to this month's challenge.

Doug

ScarletLake
07-02-2013, 02:25 AM
HI Doug and Everyone else to come

It is 2:15AM here in OHIO. So far a good morning here too. :lol: :lol:

Feel like I slept for hours but only since 11:30 tonight. Guess I will check out the internet and see what I can learn tonight.

I was just reading about 19 Firemen getting killed in Arizona fire. I still can't figure out how that happened. They were with an elite firefighting team - something must have went horribly wrong. :crying: :crying:

Well zipping off again

Anita

doppler
07-02-2013, 03:01 AM
Morning Doug, from evening here. Skies have cleared, wind is up but it is warmer.

Have to say, Kev, your daughter in law is an inspiration. :thumbsup:

You've probably picked up the baggage :lol: at Auckland now and are enjoying a tropical drink in warmth.

Anita, the deaths of those guys is SOOO awful. It doesn't matter what the training, and they were trained well, when Mother Nature spits .... she spits.

I feel desperately sorry for the men and for their families.

BTW Wagging finger icon. YOU are not getting enough sleep. :heart:

Roger is cooking tonight (something ... not him) He is also turning into a household wiz!!! Something I aspire to, and something he never thought he
could do. Educationally ? Black hole? Chaos theory? Whatever. I'm grateful.

All good. In return I have to let him loose in a camera shop tomorrow. As if I would stop him :heart:

Cats have made the usual tactical error of coming in out of the cold and are now breathlessly sleeping because I haven't fed them yet. Suck those tummies in felines!

BBL

painterbear
07-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 6:15 a.m. here in still sleeping Oakwood. More showers in the forecast for today.

We are celebrating Larry's 73rd birthday today by going grocery shopping since we missed it on Sunday. ;) He'll have his special cherry pie and vanilla ice cream instead of cake, but we'll wait until next weekend so Kari and family can enjoy it with us. Here is a photo of the birthday boy and me from last Saturday:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2013/9833-LarryNSyl6.30.2013.jpg

And here is a photo of the miniature colt I mentioned yesterday. He is only 7 weeks old and not fully grown, but when he is, he still won't come up to his owner's shoulders. His fur is soft and velvety at this age:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2013/9833-MiniatureHorse.jpg

Annie, It's great that Roger is enjoying exploring cooking and other household endeavors and liking it! :thumbsup: Good for him and for you as well.

Kev, Bon voyage, hope your journey to the Cook Islands is more comfortable than the first leg was. That's a LOT of time on an airplane. What great news that your DIL is now able to get around in her wheelchair and is doing as good as she is. Sounds like a very determined lady. :thumbsup: for her and your son as well.

Doug, Hope the upholsterer can fix your sofa for you.

Anita, Hope you were able to go back to sleep and are enjoying a good rest after exploring the Internet for a little while.

Henry, Thinking of you and Leslie and sending healing vibes her way.

:wave: to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Ellen in Ont
07-02-2013, 06:24 AM
:wave: everyone,
I slept in this morning until 5:30. :rolleyes: I wish I could sleep like Brian. LOL. There is blue skies and sunshine outside but another cool morning. The temp at our airport is 3 but the thermometer is reading 6. Apparently the low for the night before was 0.7 which is a new low for that date.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what the plans are for today. Brian wants me to go out to our sons camper and help him with the flooring. I would be useless as it is a small space and I haven't done it before. I think my time would be better spent here. The one thing I do know is that we have a little shopping to do first. It's my DIL's birthday today and I need to pick up a gift that my son wasn't able to get uptown to pick up. He is in the middle of 5 nightshifts and wants to give it to her when he gets up.

I am sure Kev, Chris, Lulu and John are having a wonderful time already.

I hear Brian stirring so I need to get organized for the day starting with breakfast. Enjoy whatever the day brings you.

CharM
07-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Good morning! Another cool and cloudy day is brewing... if it doesn't warm up soon, the field crops will begin to rot... we really need some sunshine to heat up the land.

Yesterday afternoon, we picked up Magoo and his Girl and took a nice drive to Sarnia along the St. Clair River. It rained most of the afternoon, but it finally stopped the further North we drove. We went to the beach on Lake Huron but the waves were hitting shore at about a metre high... and the north wind made it cold! Despite the undertow from those waves (and the cold) lots of people were swimming. Canada Day celebrations were in full swing at Canatara park with lots of music, craft and food tents, etc. We decided to head to the twin Blue Water Bridges for *fries under the bridge*... decadently delicious.

I have a Class this afternoon. They'll be free painting, so I don't have anything to prepare. I will shovel up the floors, though.

Judy, I :lol: at your thrill that Jack couldn't get the alarm to stop! Sorry.

Kev, it's good to read that your DIL is doing as well as she is... She's living proof that a positive attitude is a huge factor in getting on with life despite her setbacks. Inspirational. After all that air time, I hope you have a great time on the Island!

Doug, I agree with you about that heat.

Hi Anita... I don't know how you function on so little sleep.

Annie, how neat that Roger is taking charge. Partnership.

Happy Birthday Larry!!! What a GREAT photo, Sylvia... You both look terrific!

And, a Happy Birthday to your DIL, Ellen!

I wish the best possible day for everyone. I'm off to begin my own day...

shipbroker
07-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Obviously I have not been missed today!

Early appointment at the Opticians for annual check-up......have had increasing problem with my right eye mainly due to diabetes for which I have been having 6 monthly retinal scans.......but appears I have started a cataract in that eye too..which hasn't helped.

Breezy here and overcast but not too cold......spending the afternoon in studio sorting some paintings out for a one day exhibition in next village next week...

geoff

p.s. Annie...see Kevin Rudd appointing 12 women in his Cabinet!

LynnM
07-02-2013, 09:06 AM
:wave: Just lost a whole post, clicked off the field, I guess....have to go, morning at the Village, BBL.

LynnM
07-02-2013, 09:09 AM
(Found it :lol: ):wave: grey and wet here, more of our 'cooler than normal' summer. I feel for those in the heat waves, so difficult.

Off to the Village to deliver my latest project, not happy with it, but so goes the creative process :rolleyes: I think it could be made more flattering for the wearer, so will work on that.

Hi Geoff! I posted a silhouette of our steel mill in my Tall Ships thread, thought you might notice it. Hope they can do something with the eye....the cataract, well, most of us have to go through that operation. My colour vision has so improved since mine were done!

You had a lovely day yesterday, Char! nice to be with family.

Nice photo, Sylvia, congrats to Larry! it's a good age :) Sweet pony.

Glad Roger is settling into a suitable niche, Annie. He must be having fun getting ready for Yosemite!

Judy, good story, you will enjoy telling it, after a while :rolleyes:

Hi Anita, Ellen, Doug and all to come.....hope the day is good!

Hugs to all in need, especially Henry and Leslie :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

olliewood0702
07-02-2013, 09:12 AM
It's misting out there and another dull day. Not very warm either.

Today is Larry's and my Birthday (me 57 Him 58). We don't really have any plans for tonight; maybe Jen and Matt will come over later. THey leave tomorrow for their camping trip up north.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sylvia's LARRY!! I hope your celebration this weekend will be great. OH yum cherry pie sounds delicious.:thumbsup: That is a GREAT pic of you both. Sweet little horse. GREAT pic of you and your grandson and your daughter yesterday too.:thumbsup:

Happy BIrthday to Ellen's DIL. It's a GREAT day to have a BIrthday if I do say so myself.:lol:

I woke up with a slight headache; don't think I slept very well last night. I know Larry kept waking me up telling me I was snoring.:lol: :rolleyes: Maybe that is why...but it's subsiding now after a nice mug of joe.

Back to my data entry now. WAVING TO YOU ALL!:wave:

I hope you all have an extremely wonderful day,

BBL!:wave: :heart:

lifespalette
07-02-2013, 09:15 AM
A good Tuesday to all the Washers......it's another beautiful day here, mid 80's called for, but humidity really low for us at this time of the year which is a blessing i'll take.....yesterday was so nice out, I ventured outside to do a little puttering about and probably over did it and am paying for it this morning. I think today will be an inside day, could stand to straighten up the studio area some and there's always the slides I can scan..........an I can catch up with a few art and design friends that I need to touch base with....

Sylvia, I'm with Larry.... can't beat a good cherry pie with vanilla ice cream. It's right up there with Blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream.......both would be my downfall.

Annie, like Roger, I've become the "household wiz" and the cook too since basically retiring due to health issues....Lisa works and I keep things going smooth on the home front. The truth is though, us men will never do it quite the way our wives think it should be done...who knew, apparently all my life I've loaded the dishwasher wrong.......:)

Have a good one today everybody......spread some color.

Steve.

shipbroker
07-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Hi Geoff! I posted a silhouette of our steel mill in my Tall Ships thread, thought you might notice it. Hope they can do something with the eye....the cataract, well, most of us have to go through that operation. My colour vision has so improved since mine were done!

Lynn...with being away at weekend I had somehow missed the Tall Ships thread...silly of me as two years ago I had a Tall Ships article when they visited Hartlepool.......Interesting steelworks,somewhat different to 'ours', the late and well missed Denis TOF, and I, exchanged pictures of steelworks and his we sorry that he had never got around to painting 'his' before they started pulling them down!

Anyway, great pictures...sailing ships and steam trains always emotive subjects to me......

geoff

Uschi
07-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi Everyone!!

Just a quick post, I am using the library computer. Had to make sure that anything that sold on eBay will be sent out. My own computer broke down yesterday morning and since I am off to the cottage in an hour's time I didn't call techi son. Might be a while even after I get back because he is VERY busy with his own business.

Coolish but we had sunshine, don't know where it went right now. Still humid though.

HAPPY BIRTH DAY, DARLA, LARRY AND LARRY!!

My computer time is up, I'll probably be back on the weekend.

Char, if you responded to my email, I didn't get it due to the broken computer. Will be in touch via phone when I get back.

:wave: Uschi

Scene Chaser
07-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Good Day All,
Doug, I have the same problem with my TV viewing chair. We do make nests, donít we?

Sylvia, lovely photo of you and Larry. Happy Birthday to the young looking Larry. Still running at 73.

Geoff, we share left eye problems. I also have a cataract with additional problems in the same eye. I now wear sunglasses whenever outside, even on cloudy days.

Happy Birthday Darla and Larry. Still young in your fifties. I would be afraid to wake Janet for snoring.

The sun is shining, though, there is a threat of rain today. I have work to do outside anyway.
Bill

Yorky
07-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Back from bowls, one and a half games then rained off.

Lovely photo of you and birthday boy Larry Sylvia.

Happy Birthday to Darla and Larry.

Hi Geoff, yes, I was surprised you hadn't started the Wash.

Watching the Tour de France time trial at the moment.

Doug

villagernb
07-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I just put sunscreen on for my walk, and it has started to drop rain.:confused: Not in the forecast, but the air mass is very unsettled, so not a huge surprise, but annoying. DH set out an hour ago for a long bike ride wearing a short-sleeved cycling jersey, so he will feel cool! After tomorrow, the forecast looks hot and humid; we've had plenty of humid, but not much hot!:rolleyes:

A couple are having a new house built around the corner from us, so lots of construction noise today.

Steve and Annie, re husbands and housework, I'm all for it!:D My DH has had to do just about all of the housework and cooking for the past month, but I've gradually begun to the "light" housekeeping again, and I can cook as long as he lifts the heavy pots and pans. Even if he is not performing a task exactly the way I would, I have learned to keep my suggestions to myself, unless my advice has been asked for.:smug:

Sylvia's Larry, Happy 73rd Birthday! You both look great in your photo.:thumbsup:
Cherry pie is an excellent choice. The large commercial apple orchard in our Valley also has cherry trees and operates a small cherry u-pick business when the fruit is ripe. Their fruit is primarily "sour" (pie) cherries. So yummy!
Also love the miniature horsie. A few people around here raise them, and I always enjoy seeing them grazing in the pastures.

Happy Birthday, Darla and Darla's Larry! Wow, how :cool: is that, sharing the same birthday? You really were meant to be together!:heart:

Happy birthday also to Ellen's DIL. Hope she loves her gift!

It's raining in ernest now.:o Now that I have sunscreen all over me, I might as well haul the rain coat on and go out and get wet too!

BBL, have a fun afternoon, whatever your weather!

Anne

NancyR
07-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Good morning. We are truly enjoying the cooler temperatures. However, we know that the heat will come back. Thank you Canada for sending us the beautiful weather!

Slept the afternoon away yesterday. I am very sore, but there is only a little tingling left. The surgery center just called and confirmed it can take up to five days for the shot to work. I did not know I was to continue icing after the first day. I had a baggie storing candy that I just put some ice in, so I will continue throughout the day to ice. At lunch, I will pick up some more baggies to keep here. There is an ice machine in the next suite, so I am all set.

Happy birthday to Darla and Larry. I haven't made any suggestions re: your knee, but you should do what will make you the most comfortable. Remind the anesthesiologist before he puts you out about the problems you have.

When I had my hysterectomy, I woke up in Intensive Care because I would not start breathing on my own. He said that I had sleep apnea to cover his tract. I had to have surgery a month later at a different hospital, and the doctor assured me that I did not have a problem. It was a mistake made by the anesthesiologist who brought me out before I was ready. It turns out that they paralyze you when you have that surgery. I have not had any problems since. I have also switched hospitals since then.

Sylvia, you and Larry are both looking great! Please wish him a happy birthday.

Got to run and get back to work.

kaypainter
07-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Well never got to post yesterday. Was dstaring at the computer screen when a migraine just started coming on gangbusters. Staring at the computer makes them worse, but that one came on fast. Awful. Have not had one in a long while and they are getting less intense, so that's good. The not so good part was, I was supposed to take my neighbor over to KMart so she could buy an air conditioner. The thought of getting in a moving vehicle made me utterly nauseated. Felt bad because it was HOT yesterday. I cleaned up my old oscillating fan and gave her that until we could go today.

A friend sent me this. Absolutely amazing.
MKikHxKeodA?rel=0

Happy Birthday to Sylvia's Larry. You both look great.

Happy Birthday to Darla and Larry. Well I guess there's no excuse for forgetting someone birthday, eh? :lol:

Happy birthday to Ellen's DIL.

I hope you got more sleep Anita.

I'm glad it's Roger cooking something and not you cooking Roger, Annie.

Wonderful that Your DIL is doing so well Kev.

:wave: :wave: at Kev and Chris and John and Lulu as they whoosh by. Have fun.

HAPPY BIRTH DAY, DARLA, LARRY AND LARRY!!
Uschi
That reminds me of the Bob Newhart show. The second one where he owned an inn in Vermont. Remember Darryl, Larry and Larry? Everyone is wondering what I'm talking about. Google it.

Well I have to get organized. Yesterday was a total washout, so anything I had planned to do has to be added to today!

Thinking of everyone with health problems :grouphug: :grouphug: Hope things are moving along for Henry and Lesley.

Kay

Scene Chaser
07-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Kay, great video of an unbelievable furniture/art. Wonder what it would cost?

I loved the Bob Newhart show. I remember taping the last episode and loaned it out, but never got it back.

((Nancy)) hope the shot takes effect soon.
Bill

NancyR
07-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks Bill. My little bag of ice leaked when I got back from lunch, so I am glad that I bought them. I was able to walk through Target without pain, just a little tingling in my foot. I can put up with that. Keeping ice on it should help.

villagernb
07-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Back from my rainy walk.

Kay, DH and I loved the Bob Newhart Show. (I remember the line as, "Hello, I'm Larry this is my brother, Darryl and my other brother, Darryl.") When we first moved here, we had a neighbour called Darryl, and he resembled the guys on the show in more ways than one!:rolleyes:

Had one of those Maritime experiences on my walk; a small car pulls up beside me with a young man driving and a nice-looking older gentleman in the passenger seat. The older man asks (in French) if I know the new owners of the yellow house just ahead on the left. I apologize for my poor French, and he repeats the question in English. I tell him that we have spoken a few times (about the weather) but I don't know his name. It turns out that he really wants to know where the previous owner has moved. (The new owners have only been there about 6 months.) I tell him I never met the previous owner, and he asks me if I have lived here very long. "Why, yes" I say proudly, "14 years!" The older fellow made a snorting noise and laughed, (the same in both languages) and I knew what he was thinking--You haven't lived here a long time unless you were born here! I fall for that every time!:lol:

My very wet DH just returned from his bike ride--time for coffee!

SYL

Anne

JudyL
07-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Hi, re: the car, Jack drove it to the dealer, (really close to us happily) and they stopped the blaring, however, when he got it back home, he could not resist fiddling with it, so it went back. We went back to get the beast back, and they said it needs new parts, and wanted to keep it for about a week to wait for parts, but Jack asked if it was possible to disconnect the horn, they can and did. We have the car hornless. They did say it could be the heat, and asked how the drive was :rolleyes: Still hot, we keep the AC on till noon then turn it off, open window with fan.

Kay, love the clock video! sorry for your headache been there done that.

Still hot the pool is 85 degrees and Jack turn off the solar (lives on the roof) so it's just the heat. Not sure if I'll get in like swimming in warm soup.

Another bad weather day. :crying:

LynnM
07-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Glad it's working, Nancy.

I remember the shows, Kay! certainly haven't thought about them since then, though:lol: I understand about the moving vehicle.....I've been getting some headaches from my whiplash, many are just visual squiggles, but very uncomfortable. I hope they continue to reduce in severity for you, mine have over the years. Wonderful cabinet, what ingenuity!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLA AND LARRY

Lovely story, Anne!

Yes, Geoff, that one is only partially functioning, not sure what will happen to it. Was taken over by a European firm and there is not much loyalty to the local workers.

CharM
07-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Hiya! Students have been and gone, dinner's been cooked and eaten... coffee is now being served... come and share a cup... fresh and strong.

So, instead of free painting, we worked on a colour wheel and glazing charts. I love these people because they love learning...

The sun came out awhile but it didn't really warm up... I threw open the windows and the cool air is nicely refreshing. I wish I could send some down to Judy and Kay.

Uschi, if you get back to the Library, I suspect you may have missed a couple messages! Enjoy your stay at the cottage (if you even get a chance to read this)...

Geoff, of course you're missed! You and Ted are experiencing similar problems.

During my childhood, Lynn, we made that drive on a regular basis... it's always fondly remembered.

Happy Birthday Darla and Larry!

Hiya Steve (I'll bet you do a great job), Bill (it was all a dream) and Doug (wonderful July Challenge).

Hi Anne... sunscreen is so toxic... :( You newbie, you... *snort*

((Nancy)) I hope that even the tingling goes away quickly!

That clock is absolutely fascinating, Kay... I'd forget how to do all those functions! I think it's Larry and the two Darryls... :)

Lynn, I worked very closely with Stelco when I worked for Eaton Suspension... I toured the mill which was both fascinating and very, very hot!

I'll say goodnight... I think I'll read my Kathy Reichs book out on the back porch in the evening light... :wave: