PDA

View Full Version : Pleasantries of Mind

mynameiszero
07-01-2013, 05:56 PM
My most recent painting (and my first post here!). I've kind of hit a wall lately with painting. This one flowed fairly easily, but it's quite different than my usual work. (The pseudo landscape wasn't really intentional.) Would love to hear your thoughts! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2013/1268160-pleasantries-lo.jpg

Pleasantries of Mind
12x12 acrylic on canvas

birdhs
07-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Tropical. I thought tropical immediately... and dream sequences, as if when I look at it it transfixes me... and my mind thinks sherbet and candy

cheerful, would look bright and upbeat in any setting

I like upbeat paintings

thanx for sharing this with us

greggo

Jon
07-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the Forum!
My first reaction: abstraction of a Hawaiian landscape. These colors are full of joy!

alangraham
07-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Welcome to the forum! Soft painting and I like the pseudo landscape as you called it. The colors are mild and I think they could be more vivid, but that's just my 2 cents-- I love vivid. Again, welcome and hope to see more of your work :).

mynameiszero
07-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome and comments, everyone. :D As far as vivid goes, I'm working on another piece now that I think fills that bill quite well. I think my wall with painting lately has been on account of my own attempts to limit my palette and break into a new direction. But for some reason using almost every color of the rainbow in my pieces feels right, so I have resolved to embrace it and see where it takes me.