PDA

View Full Version : Rice Farmer

moebean
06-30-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm going to start posting some of my photography since I don't have the time to do mixed media due to traveling. This photograph was taken in Bangladesh:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2013/1020152-Trip_outide_Dhaka_012.jpg

C&C welcome.~moe

alangraham
06-30-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm very unfamiliar with photography and how to comment upon them, so here is my best shot-- The scene is fine to view, but the overall emotions invoked in me are those of depression and sadness. My first thought on why I felt like that would be the drab, dreary colors in the photo, but since I had read your short description it got me to thinking about Bangladesh in general.

Hmmm...

birdhs
07-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Minimalist Realist photo. spot-on composition, the colors set a mood-whether it is interpreted as drab or calm/serene would be an individual concept.

I find it honors the endless work it takes for mere survival in a poor land, low-lying and prone to regular flooding and monsoons. thoughtful.

very good subject for an abstract landscape

thanx 4 sharing

greggo

lobsterpot
07-01-2013, 05:26 AM
Great composition but you may have overdone the mood setting--it's tranquil, fine but lacks the range in values to bring it alive--suggest more light in one of the three areas: grass, water, or sky.

moebean
07-01-2013, 06:54 AM
Thanks for everyone's comments. I dearly miss my darkroom... was like going back into the womb ... but the chemicals I do not. So since I no longer have a darkroom I am considering getting photoshop where I can do a bit of manipulation, just have to get over "that's cheating" feeling I picked up somewhere. Agree regarding the light Anthony, ty ~moe