PDA

View Full Version : untitled

nathanperuvai
06-27-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jun-2013/1166171-Scan_bw1.jpg

birdhs
06-27-2013, 12:29 PM
The gradual shading of the background was a perfect choice, it makes the composition more alive.

The more I look at this, the more I experience.
Extremely well done, a treat for the eyes

thanx 4 sharing this with us

greggo

laf.art
06-27-2013, 01:52 PM
I like this, is it a digi?

Jon
06-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Interesting mixture of person, place and thing. It is a digital work?

nathanperuvai
06-28-2013, 10:00 AM
thanks thanks to all of you Laf&JON&birdhs.it is digi.

davefriend
06-29-2013, 11:48 PM
I liked your pen and ink drawing of this and that continues with the color version too nathanperuvai :thumbsup:

Steeldolphin
06-30-2013, 01:11 PM
I am incredibly picky about digital art (it's an arena I have spent a very long time in), so when I see digital art or manipulations in this forum I often have to restrain myself from critiques regarding technique and try to focus on the content and concept of the piece. As such I think this is a very interesting concept and is worthy of review and contemplation, but I can't help but think its hurt by its execution. So if you will allow me to offer a few pieces of advice (take it or leave it) about digital painting and manipulation here are some tips:

1. Avoid using the dodge/burn tools for shading or highlighting, it's often obvious and can look forced - the values it creates are more often than not just not effective in digital art pieces because shadows and highlights should contain other colors. Try instead to use your color picker and paint with the appropriate shadow or highlight colors (warm highlights - cool shadows etc.), it will be more natural.

2. Avoid the smudge and blur tool. It has its uses, and in the hands of some artists can be used for amazing effects, but in general its mark is far too obvious and is seen by many digital artists as a crutch - and produces a sloppy look more often than not.

I hope this helps, as I am certainly not trying to discourage you in any way, I think you have a great style and only want to see you match the concept with execution!

Cheers.

nathanperuvai
07-02-2013, 10:52 AM
thanks steel dolphin pl give other tips for shadding.