PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Thursday 27th June 2013**

shipbroker
06-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Morning all.

Could have pisted at first awakening ar 0300 but thiught Char might ve along, and she was! Yes Char Murphy has become my middle name this year....

Today We are expecting cousin from the South for a couple of nights as they are attending a wedding, we are on a caravan rally but wont let them know that!

Back later

geoff

Lulu
06-27-2013, 12:52 AM
Could have pisted at first awakening

Really?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Geoff, you made me more than lol........

Hello everyone:wave:
cold cold cold day! is all I have to say because I want to get back to cooking dinner and then sit by the fire :wave:

Roun2it
06-27-2013, 02:13 AM
Goot Mooornin' each ........ :wave:

Geoff ........ pisted ....... sounds like the French Policeman in " 'ello 'ello." :lol:

Cold ........ fire stop it I travelling your way in 2 days time ....... Just tell me it's nice and warm ....... just lie about it ....:lol:

Lot's to do and no time to do it so must say ........... :wave:

Yorky
06-27-2013, 02:25 AM
Lol Geoff you would be a good stand in for the policeman in Allo Allo :lol:

You don't have the Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies on your wall do you? :D

Well, it is a fine, bright morning but we are expecting a deluge by lunchtime.

An easy reference at art class this morning, La Corbiere lighthouse.

Doug

doppler
06-27-2013, 02:28 AM
Good evening all.

Well I am never boasting about the body clock ever again. Early yesterday and slept in to dawn,which is FAR too late, today. Walked through the shower, don't know what I did with my hair (it looked ok with the eyes closed), skulled a tepid mug of tea and was off. All in fifteen minutes. Needless to say I am exhausted now after a seriously busy day.

Body clock doesn't matter tomorrow.

No, Lulu it wasn't the state of origin. I went to bed before that. Yes, early to bed, early to rise makes you well tired. :angel: I wish I had watched it because Queensland flogged NSW, but there seemed to be punch ups everywhere. We have a new Prime Minister BTW, well old PM incarnate. Election later this year and compulsory voting. Compulsory in that you have to turn up to an election booth, or pay a fine, and make marks on paper. Usually number but I think a lot of people are going to put words. What they are no-one will ever know. The real choice is diminishing to zero. Which means I may think of and write a limerick. But then avoidance of civil duty would get to me. Cogitating ++++ about guilt. Will I ... won't I ?

Geoff, I know you meant posted :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger is playing Scrooge at the moment. Counting out his saved coins. He is a squirrel or is it that men don't have purses so discard the coins? He will be rich in a few hours :lol: :lol:

BBL so long as I don't watch any TV. If I do, I will take myself to bed.

:wave:

Lulu
06-27-2013, 02:43 AM
Geoff, I know you meant posted :lol: :lol: :lol:

........and I had to quickly re-post the quote before he edited :lol: :lol:

Doug! :lol: :lol:

Kev, okay I lied...........it's been a very warm day.......at least Ellen would think so! :lol:

Annie, what a shambles hey?....... :rolleyes:

Fish poi for dinner, better go and check that it hasn't bubbled over in the oven...:wave:

doppler
06-27-2013, 03:16 AM
Fish poi for dinner, better go and check that it hasn't bubbled over in the oven...:wave:

I do poi too. :heart:

Rain is ruggely in with the clouds. Bo was fraught with anxiety and is now full length beside his new best friend .... the fireplace. Loki is basting in front of he electric heater.

Roger is still doing his ebenezer act :lol:

shipbroker
06-27-2013, 03:22 AM
Yup.....am down for eye tests next week as it happens.......that and the small keys on the iPod.....made a right mess of that didn't I!

Weather dull but dry, rain from Dougs side due later.....grass still uncut as it was too hot yesterday!

geoff

p.s. I knew that Canada had 60% of the worlds freshwater lakes but didn't know the following,till this morning,.......
With 50% of its population having been educated at the Post Secondary level, Canada easily has the most educated populace in the world. It is followed by Israel at 45% and Japan at 44%.

laudesan
06-27-2013, 04:01 AM
Geoff, please turn you back when your are pisteding................

I had Elise and her friend over for a movie date yesterday. It was full on all day, right down to playing of the swing things in the Memorial Park. Didn't know I still had it in my lol. I was absolutely beat last night.

Today, had to go shopping

It has been a bit cool, and today wet, and the bones in my ankle have been grinding.

Off to put said ankle up on something soft.

Love and hugs and healing vibes blasting to those in need.

Lulu
06-27-2013, 05:31 AM
JJ :lol: oh how easily this thread could turn to mush.........all because of Geoff's big fingers:lol:

The fish poi was very nice Annie - it is normally John's turn to cook but he's been out working in the cold and I couldn't bear the thought of him having to cook after such a day, so bought the fish then googled a recipe. Easy peasy, and I'll do it again it was so tasty.

Have the beginnings of a cold.........but I'm not a man so it can't possibly get any worse.....:p

Will go and take some codral and be off early to a warm bed :wave:

Scene Chaser
06-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Good Day All,

Overcast with a threat of rain. It would be nice not to have to water the garden today.

May be having a logger visiting today to buy some of my dead trees. Don't know, though, these guys don't communicate too well.

Going out for dinner tonight with friends. Will meet in Frankenmuth. No, not the chicken, but a nice little eatery that hopefully won't be crowded. I want to try their Walleye. That's a fish.

Uschi, loved your painting of the lemons. The colour was so real I could've puckered.

I need to return for another hour or two of sleep.

zzzzz
Bill

Yorky
06-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi Lulu, may make fish poi myself :)

Hi Bill, raining here now and for the next few days. Hope the logger turns up.

Doug

Uschi
06-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Good Morning!

For some reason WC kicked me out and wouldn't let me post or log back in. The only way I could do it is to press the "Quote" and then erase Doug's message:)

Not that I had a lot to say, it is still humid as heck but the temperature has started to fall and at this time it is overcast.

Last night I finally managed to cut down the many wild phlox in my garden. Grass needs cutting too.

This afternoon will be spent with "the ladies" playing scrabble and eating cake:thumbsup:

Kev and Lulu, the excitement is building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBL :wave:

Uschi

olliewood0702
06-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Hello EVERYONE!:wave:

A lively wash this morning. :lol:

It's sunny but SOOO humid out this morning. It was the same last evening and Kaitlyn and I wanted to sit outside on a chair and read...the bugs, mosquitos and gnats were SOOO bad that we couldn't do it.:o The amount of bugs is un-real and with all this rain and humidity it just breeds them! Everyone is talking about it.

We ended up not having Klaira but had the two older girls. We had a nice dinner and visit with them. Then Kelsea went to a friends house and Kaitlyn went home.

It sounds like you are having a bit of cool weather LuLu; hope you enjoyed the fire. I'm glad you enjoyed the Fish poi too.

Geoff, I'm glad you were able to relieve yourself before visiting the wash.:evil:

Doug, have fun at your art class!

Uschi, have a GREAT day eating cake.:D

Annie, your mornings sound as rushed as mine are. Somedays I get to work and don't even remember getting dressed!:lol:

Bill, have a wonderful visit and dinner with your friends in Frankenmuth!

Gail, yup...I know it; I just don't want to do it...I HATE surgery...again.:rolleyes: sigh..... The doctor said that you don't have to have it repaired if you're not an athlete but I DO have many more years (hopefully) to walk on it and I don't want it to deteriorate from not being repaired and I believe that would happen if I didn't get it fixed.:confused: My past ACL repair was an incision (good sized one) and NOT arthroscopic. I think it'd be the same way again this time but he could do them all at once.

I'm glad today is Thursday...it's ALMOST Friday. I'm so ready for my Saturday and Sunday. I'll have to call my Mom tomorrow as it's her Birthday and to see if she received her card. It had some money in it. I also renew her three magazines for her every year.:thumbsup:

We can expect a few storms today too; but the humidity and temps are going to drop sometime tomorrow.:clap:

Have a WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE.
Sending :grouphug: to all in need,
:wave: :heart:

Strawberry Wine
06-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Good Day Washers !!

A little overcast this morning and the temperature is a lovely 21 C. These past few days of high heat and humidity is over for the time being and we can enjoy 24 - 25 C for the next little while :thumbsup:

Darla, That torn ACL may be stable for the time being but you know it is only going to deteriorate and become unstable and sometimes quite quickly. Book the surgery for both proceedures and get it over with.

I am sure my ACL repair was done arthroscopically (sp?) I was weight bearing with a knee brace within 10 days and that was back in 1992 or 93

Henry, glad Lesley's appetite is improving due to the steroids or not. Hope the swelling is an easy fix.

My back is a little better today so I am determined to get the rest of the veggie garden weeded. Then to tackle the strawberry and rose beds It is never ending.....

Uschi , I remember that lemon painting... Love that combo of blue and yellow. Are you cutting down wild summer phlox of the spring kind that is actually Dame/s Rocket

Char, love your lemon lime reference image. I would love to see this done as a WIP hint, hint :)

I think I am going to have a bite to eat and then venuture out to the veggie garden and make a start but it looks like it might rain now... Hoping not.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

NancyR
06-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Good morning everyone! No change in hot triple digit weather for at least a week. Sun is shining. Got to work, changed my password, and then the fire alarm went off. Got to go outside and stand in the shade for about 10 minutes until the all clear. Bad part is we are on the 3rd floor, but we took the uncrowded stairs.

Visited with Mom last night. When I was going in to visit her, I was not paying attention and closed the hatch on my head. The stars were so pretty to look at, no cut, no swearing, but it sure hurt. Mom is really down about my brother's medical condition. There is nothing I can do about the situation. She is also mad at me that I will not let her come home. :eek:

Geoff, your typos are so funny! We know what you mean.

Lulu, you will be glad to escape the cold.

JJ, take care of your ankle.

Got to run and get to work. All the excitement is over, except for the banging and sawing in the next office. They are soundproofing it--it's not working!:lol:

CharM
06-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Good morning! It has been and continues to rain softly here in SW Ontario. It's only 22C, so it's quite comfortable temperature wise. The air conditioner is still turned on, though, just to keep the humidity out of the house. I didn't have to draw all the blinds because the sun isn't beating in.

Ted has a hearing appointment this morning. Finally. Then, we'll stop by one of our Friend's place to visit before they head North to their cottage. We'll be looking after their house while they're away. When we get home, I want to put the rest of the masking on my juicer.

I still haven't bought my strawberries for jam... I'm a little irritated about the price per quart box. A local farm's berries are at our grocery store for $2.48 per quart. At the fresh market, they're $4.00 per quart. What??? :confused: The trouble is, the berries at the grocery store look as though they are a couple of days old. Will that matter in jam? Probably not. Decisions, decisions...

Geoff, I rather like the new term... Pist, pisting, pisted... Pister... I was rather pist about the price of strawberries... :lol: It could then be said that I was a Pister... And, telling you about all this, I'm pisting... Now that I'll move on, I've pisted.

I didn't know we were so smart... or is it smart alec?

How cold is cold, Lulu? 21c? :p

Doug! :lol:

What a terrible way to feel about your civic duty, Annie... on the other hand, here in Canada, voter turnout is deplorable...

JJ, I hope your ankle improves and glad that your headache must be gone!

Hi Bill... Have fun in Frankenmuth... I love it there. Even without the big chicken dinner.

Hi Uschi... sending the rain your way... no grass cutting today I suspect...

Darla, if you can, get a second opinion. I agree with you about the surgery... it's not always the best solution.

Gail, I might be able to do the juicer as a wip... I'll think on it. I've already painted a little gallery wrap with the fruit.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jun-2013/20514-Citrus1.jpg

Time to go... Have a great day everyone! Be well...

:wave: Nancy, we x-posted!

Johnnie
06-27-2013, 10:04 AM
I would love a rear view camera, and front and side view cameras too - I'm terrible at parking :lol:
Doug

Hi all. It's been a while..

Doug: If your getting that bad, you might consider a driver as in Driving Mr Yorky ;-)

I'm getting close to that too by the way !

Johnnie

shipbroker
06-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Been for last minute shopping for the visitors who are due in an hour or two...so it will be Dinner in The Crosby tonight...long way to walk isn't it Bill/Doug!

Grass has been cut and edges strimmed and just some 'stuff' to do in back garden before rain really settles in...at moment just spotting....

Another English Pub chalkboard sign for you...for those cinema goers in North America I suppose..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jun-2013/84585-batman.jpg

geoff

Scene Chaser
06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
(((Nancy))) Ouch!!

Lovely little painting, Char.

Hi Johnnie. Where you been? Been playing the pipes, have ye?

Geoff, careful walking home tonight. :)

Bill

wcartistsr
06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Good day. Still sunny out here. I think rain to be later. Sprinkler guy is coming yet again to finish up the sprinkler. Bad communication with the scheduler and she does not schedule enough time for him to finish. Hopefully this is the last. It is running, but this is to hook in a couple of hanging baskets.

Well,I felt better yesterday and actually did a little deadheading in the garden last night. But then came in to 3+ hrs. of coughing that just about finished me off. When is this going to stop? I am on an antibiotic and the nurse says I am doing everything right. I have tried gargling with salt water, using ice chips, cough drops, Vicks on the chest, and I am on my second bottle of cough medicine. Any suggestions?

I am continuing to work on my ancestry. Now I have dug out a box from my father's side of the family and I am trying to piece together the relationships. Not as much known about him. Most of it is bits that my mother gleaned from his sister.

Got to get ready for a show at the senior center coming up in July. Don and I are showing our work there through Midland Artists Guild.

Uschi-Your lemon painting is lovely.
Char-Likewise on your lemons and lime. I am looking forward to seeing the juicer with its shadows.
((Lesley and Henry))
Darla-I am sure you will be able to figure out what to do in time. Maybe a second opinion might help you decide.

I'm off.

Shirley

olliewood0702
06-27-2013, 10:18 AM
:lol: :lol: Geoff,...:music: nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Batman:music:

Enjoy your Dinner!

HELLO JOHNNY!! How are you doing??

That is a lovely painting Char! I'd think that you wouldn't want over ripe berries for jam but ripe would be fine; I think I'd take a chance on the grocery store ones for the difference in price.

Aww Nancy, isn't it weird how the roles reverse as our parents age?:rolleyes:

Uschi
06-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Char, the Ontario strawberries in Zehr's are 4.50, the 2.50 ones are from the States. Also the Ontario ones are tucked away at the end of the isle whereas masses of USA ones are displayed right at the entrance. I once inquired about this and was told that they have a contract with the USA companies and are basically doing the Ontario farmers a favour by letting them display them. LOVE your fruit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No sun here either.

Nancy, I would be whining every minute of the day of I lived in your heat. On the other hand you do have nice winters. We pay for it either way. I can put myself in your mom's shoes but also in your shoes. No win/win there:crying:

Are you cutting down wild summer phlox of the spring kind that is actually Dame/s Rocket

Yes Gail, those are the ones. My garden is full of them and I LOVE them that is why I cut them down rather than pull them out. They bloom when nothing else does and really brighten up the garden.

Geoff, you Brits have quite the sense of humour:D

HI Johnnie!!!! Great to see you here, visit more often!!!!!

EDIT: Shirley, is the cough loose or tight, if it is tight honey will loosen it up. If it is a virus, they have become tough - SUPERBUGS:eek:

I think I have only taken antibiotics 3 times in my entire life, twice for bladder infection and once for a monster sinus infection. I hope that helps if I ever need any:crossfingers:

:wave: Uschi

Yorky
06-27-2013, 10:29 AM
(((Shirley))) Ruth swears by Uncle Joe's Mint Balls (true). Hope you can get rid of that darned cough.

Geoff :lol:

Still raining here, bowls was cancelled.

Hi Johnny, long time no see :wave:

Lovely painting Char.

Doug

shipbroker
06-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Uschi....glad you liked it!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jun-2013/84585-coffee.jpg

So here is another for coffee drinkers!

geoff

NancyR
06-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Uschi, I am torn about the situation But when push comes to shove, I have to take care of myself,too.

Darla, Yes, it is total role reversal with my mother. She has too much time to think. A new husband and wife have moved into their house in one of the bigger rooms. I hope my mother can make friends with the wife who looked quite spry.

Mom proclaimed that she was almost out of Shalimar. I bought my bottle before I bought her bottle. I still have half of mine. I think she must put it on several times a day. When I told her that the small bottle is now $100, the shock on her face was priceless. She then sputtered, "I guess I will have to change my scent." I will try to find it at another store where it is less expensive.

WthrLady
06-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Good Morning all.

I spent the night tossing and turning and tossing some more. When we got home from dinner last night, I decided to hose down the dusty deck. It seems that most of Kansas has settled on it. I made a very conscious effort NOT to get any of the deck above the swallow nest wet. After two hours of scrubbing and hosing, and scrubbing, I went downstairs to wind the hose on the patio. Sitting on the patio in the far corner was the swallow nest.

ARGH!!!! All four of the babies sitting there looking at me like "what the *&(( happened?!

This poor parent bird! They lost one baby, or it was a runt and was kicked out about two weeks ago. One of the parents misjudged the location of the house and died after slamming into it, and now the remaining one is looking at me from the back of a lawn chair, glaring at me with an evil eye.

I put a towel in a shoebox, and put that on the outdoor end table and put that in the corner of the patio under where the nest had been. (Mites everywhere!! BLECH) All that after chasing one of the babies across the lawn. The adult knew where they all were in the box, but I was worried it wouldn't bother feeding them, not being attached 12 feet off the ground.

This morning. No worries. Phew. All the babies are sitting on the edge of the box, and I heard mommy/daddy feeding them this morning while I sat above them on the deck.

On the upside, the deck looks great :D

I spent 3 hours yesterday putting together furniture. Who comes UP with these terrible instructions?!

Today the storm door is being installed.

Family invades Tuesday and I STILL haven't made it into the studio!

CJMonty
06-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Well, hello to Everyone,

Not sure if I mentioned that Monty and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary on the 30th of May.

Well, last weekend I celebrated my 56th Birthday which is sooooo totally amaaaaazing seeing as I was soooo sick for my 39th that I was in Intensive Care completely unaware about anything at all. Not bad really for someone who was given around 1 to 2 years back in late 1992, and look at all the Bullets I have so far managed to dodge.

As usual Montykept asking me what I wanted for my Birthday, but genuinely there literallly wasn't anything at all that I either wanted or needed.
However, you know the piles of Junk Mail that come through your letter box that you usually glance through and put in the recycle bin. Well I just happened to notice a Camera in one of them, not that I really needed anymore Cameras. Anyway, I thought I would show Monty, and I asked him did he think anywhere would trade in a couple of my older ones.

He had a good look at the advert and asked what it was that I so liked about it, well it was an 18.1 Megapixel and wait for it a 42 Optical Zoom, It is a Nikon P520, needless to say by the next day I had my new camera, and the little I have done with it so far, is amazing, I really LOVE it and will be just perfect for our Canada Alaska Holiday next year.

Well, it is currently after 2300 and I need to be up early to get Monty off to work.

Yet again as you all know by now I have been well and truly spoilt.
Will try to pop by again tomorrow with some more news for you all.

Take Care.
Lots of Love Carolynn :):heart::heart::heart::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::clap::thumbsup::wave::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::heart::heart::heart:

Yorky
06-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi Carolynn, good to hear from you. A belated Happy Birthday to you and a Happy Anniversary to you both. Your Alaska trip is something to look forward to.

Hi Caryl, you are certainly a busy person. Glad the swallow babies survived.

Made a fish poi - thanks for the idea Annie, it was nice, we'll have the rest of it later.

Doug

Scene Chaser
06-27-2013, 11:20 AM
Just what is fish poi? Is it a fish casserole?

Bill

Yorky
06-27-2013, 11:24 AM
LOL Bill fish pie with a funny accent :)

Perhaps we could have a daily dinner suggestion, though anything exotic I would pass on.

Doug

shipbroker
06-27-2013, 11:28 AM
I had a flatmate for a couple of weeks from Hawaii and he lived on Poi but never shared it with us.....but when we did roast dinners or chops he always wanted some......

Rain now heavy, chased away the 'thunder bugs'....

geoff

JudyL
06-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Hi :wave:
It is to be 98 today, :( I'm with Bill, what is fish poi? a Hawaiian fish dish?

Not much planned today, the kids are up to Donner for the weekend in a cabin and fun. They should be cooler. I made an error the high is to be 106 not 109, yeah, hot is hot :(
We are subbing (bowling) for the kids tonite, :rolleyes: oh well it should be cool in there.

I am just sick about the Paula Deen thing, I could not do her cooking but this whole thing is so sad.

WthrLady
06-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Fish Poi is what we call the blech that the sea birds would hack up for their babies.

I'm sure there is an edible human meal of the same name! LOL.

Although, I cannot IMAGINE eating it.

olliewood0702
06-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Wonderful that you are feeling so well Carolynn; HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY AND ANNIVERSARY TO YOU. Your new camera sounds superb! WOw that optical zoom is great.

Fish Poi?? It just doesn't sound good to me. Is it actually in a pie crust? What do you use with the fish? Vegetables? Just gotta know.

CAryl, I'm glad the Momma and Daddy birds haven't abandoned their young. Enjoy your "clean" deck! Stay cool.

Judy...ugh...now THAT is HOT! Stay inside in front of a fan if possible with an ice cold beverage. Did you see where her book is #1? The one coming out in October. She has fans for sure. ;)

It's almost lunch time and good thing because my tummy is growling.

Yorky
06-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi Darla. My fish pie had Salmon and Cod steaks in a butter sauce topped off with sliced potatoes and a cheese topping. Yum! Could be a bit more complicated, I added peas and carrots last time.

Doug

LynnM
06-27-2013, 12:40 PM
:wave: Rain dripping here, too, but we needed some. I'm just back from a lovely trip with my DD. She took me to the hardware store for fittings to put shelves in my kitchen, will get the toaster oven off the counter, and when you have hardly any counter space that really helps! Then we went to Tim Hortons, and I had my allowed snack of a Panini with ham. (I wonder why the spell check thinks Panini should have a capital? oh well, I'm enjoying the corrections generally). Lovely visit, ending with a companionable grocery shop.

Sounds like you had a good family day too, JJ!

:lol: the Batman sign....have to sing it! Thanks for the chuckle, Geoff.

Lovely fruits, Char! I see why you like the shadows from the squeezer, super challenge.

(((Nancy))), ((((Shirley)))), :grouphug: for everyone else hurting :heart:

Nice to see you come in, Carolynn, congratulations for both events, and you lucky soul, lovely gift!

You are your usual busy self, Caryl, glad you could save the baby birds.

I'll have to try a fish pie, getting tired of poached and baked fish, and I eat it every second day, just about. Would love to know how to make it.

Hi Johnnie!

Hot, hot, Judy, I remember that from living there.....never spent much time outside except in the winter.

Greetings to all, have a rewarding day!

WthrLady
06-27-2013, 01:31 PM
OK, it's not a Palace, but they don't seem to mind at ALL!:clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jun-2013/385681-smallDSCF9617.jpg

Scene Chaser
06-27-2013, 02:46 PM
the fish pie sounds delicious, Doug. I'll try that. Do you cook it all at once? What kind of cheese do you use?
Bill

olliewood0702
06-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Thanks Doug, I like fish but just don't know if I'd eat it in a pie.:confused:

Lynn, shelves work great for that; you'll enjoy your extra counter space. I lack in counter space in my kitchen too; but alas no room for shelves.:(

AWWWW Caryl, how cute are they? THey look completely comfortable. That is just too cute.:thumbsup: They'll probably never want to leave and you'll become their Momma.:lol:

I'm watching the horses across the street from my workplace. They are so pretty and with this heat I'm surprised they are out in the sun. Horses are such graceful creatures. They are flicking their tails and manes so I imagine the flies or bugs are bothering them even in the daytime.

Yorky
06-27-2013, 02:54 PM
the fish pie sounds delicious, Doug. I'll try that. Do you cook it all at once? What kind of cheese do you use?
Bill
Easy peasy Bill. Just used what we had in the freezer. Sliced and par cooked the potatoes defrosted then cooked the fish pieces while I we made the butter sauce (corn flour, milk and butter). I then layered the fish in a casserole, covered in butter sauce, topped off with layers of potato slices and grated cheese on top - just happened to have Red Leicester cheese. 20 minutes in a hot oven completed the job. As I said I included canned peas and baby carrots in the sauce last time I made it, but we are on a diet :)

As I do all the cooking and baking I keep things plain and simple.

Doug

Scene Chaser
06-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks, Doug. That will be dinner tomorrow night.

The sky is drenching my garden with enough water for at least three days.
Very wicked lightning, too.

Bill

painterbear
06-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Nighty night all, I've read the Wash but my mind is a blank. :D

Hope all who are ailing get well soon, especially Henry's Leslie. Nice to see you again Johnny.

:wave: see you all tomorrow.

Sylvia

lifespalette
06-27-2013, 10:08 PM
A good evening to all the Washers......has been quite awhile since I last visited. Have been dealing with some fairly serious health issues that had me pretty well beaten down for awhile. Growing old isn't so bad, considering the only alternative, but the falling apart really sucks and unfortunately even some of the cures bring on even more complex issues......especially when those cures don't merge well with other major health issues and those ongoing treatments.....talk about a Disney "E" ride. Hopefully, the worst is behind me now.

Just thought I would drop in before heading to bed...... looks like most are doing well and still producing....this is a good thing.

villagernb
06-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Good evening everyone.

Re: fish pie--a restaurant between our Village and Sackville operated by a young couple from England serves fish pie on their lunch menu. It is made like a shepherd's pie with a mashed potato topping. They serve it in individual casseroles--white fish, cod or haddock in a white sauce with celery and minced onion, topped with mashed potatoes and melted butter drizzled on top to brown the potatoes; then baked in the oven. Comfy food and delicious served piping hot! (drool icon, here!)

Char, about your strawberry dilemma; fresher versus cheaper. I've made a ton of strawberry jam in my time, and as long as they are in good condition, there is no problem flavour-wise with using berries that are a couple of days old to make your jam. The biggest difference will be the colour of your jam. The fresher the berries, the brighter a red your jam will be. Older berries, darker red jam.

I hope I dream about food; I'm hungry now!

Night-night

Anne