PDA

View Full Version : Pigment Suggestions

humanguy
06-26-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm going on a long beach vacation in a few weeks, and I'm planning what to take. I've decided that I'll be doing some pen and ink and crayon, inspired by the Gorkys I've been looking at, and, since I don't do watercolor, acrylic. Acrylic on paper is okay.

I'm taking napthol crimson, thalo blue, and yellow oxide, so there's that. I'm also bringing a tube of hooker green, and titanium white and ivory black.

Any other color you think I may have overlooked?

Katie Black
06-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Sounds like you've got it covered...why not throw in a small box of pastels to try? they can be great on top of acrylic paintings, the only down side is they tend to be a bit messy...but that never bothers me.

(Pastels are like golf, once you've tried it your instantly hooked):D

humanguy
06-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Sounds like you've got it covered...why not throw in a small box of pastels to try? they can be great on top of acrylic paintings, the only down side is they tend to be a bit messy...but that never bothers me.

(Pastels are like golf, once you've tried it your instantly hooked):D

Messy? You should see me with them, the dust is flying! But I absolutely agree, pastels do wonderful things with acrylic. I use a fixative that's perfect for that, called Daler Rowney Perfix Colourless Fixative for pastel, charcoal and pencil. Great stuff, and it doesn't affect the colors at all.

Yeah, sure. Why not? The pastels and fixative.