PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Sunday 23rd June 2013 ***

Yorky
06-23-2013, 01:25 AM
Good morning all. :clear:

Thought I would get the day underway as Geoff is away at camp :)

Nothing special planned for today. I have an upset tummy, feeling nauseous these past couple of days.

Doug

shipbroker
06-23-2013, 03:03 AM
Thanks Doug...

Morning all htry skies but didny rain during night so decent enough sleep.

Home aftermoon so will reurn then.

Kindle off.

heoff

Yorky
06-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Good morning Geoff. When are they going to update the browser on the Kindle Reader??? :rolleyes:

Doug

doppler
06-23-2013, 03:36 AM
HI Doug and Geoff and all to follow. :wave:

Buzz of housework here today. Mr Dyson, window cleaning ... lots ... mopping. IRKK. then gardening. Did not see Bo until the mechanicals had shut off. In with a sprint. Sleeping on my jumper in the bathroom at the moment. This one is brown. I considered it yesterday but hate polo collars. Chokers.

Must feed them cats soon. Loki was upstairs lounging while the racket when on. OK the room had been cleaned and spiffed. More hair to shed, and she does have assorted white hairs which drop faster than her black majorities.

Roger and I had a bonfire tonight. burning up garden stuff. If you take it to the transfer station, the local fire brigade has all the fun. We got it started, then it started raining. So we built it up and sat down in our chairs in the rain and watched and were warm.

:wave:

May BBL ... Roast chicken on the menu tonight, thanks to Roger.

ScarletLake
06-23-2013, 04:53 AM
:wave: Hello:wave:

Well it is 4:30AM here in OHIO. I am having trouble sleeping tonight. You would think not after our day.

Went to an outdoor Antique show in town on Sat morning. It was really scaled down due to our downtown streetscape project. Hot outside but nice blue skies.

We saw one of the old bombers flying overhead from the Dayton Air Show.

Got home around 11:30 am and started in on packing up our desk, moving it away from the wall and proceeding to paint the new color on the wall behind the desk.

I LOVE it. I picked Weathered Moss. A beautiful shade that looks just right for the Arts and Crafts Style that I like. Now I just have to decide if we are going to just paint that wall that color or do the whole room. I just don't know yet.

Our house looks like a bomb went off as I have 3 rooms in torn up. Mainly due to moving pieces around but the painting will be in the living room, kitchen, hallway. We've got our work cut out for us the next several weeks.

We have a very very terrible event happen in our area today. I live only 4 miles from the local airport and this weekend was our Air Show. Which is usually held in July but they moved it up this year.

I kept wondering why as I went in and out of the house today why I was not hearing any airplanes or seeing any flying in the sky. Their flight pattern goes right over our town.

When we finally sat down at about 3:30pm for a break and turned on the TV we saw where a plane had crashed and it was the one with the female wing walker. :eek: :eek: :crying: :crying: :crying:

We are so saddened by this. We would have been there but for our planned weekend to start this painting and I am glad that I did not see it at the scene.

You can see it online at WHIO Tv or on Youtube. It is awful. We follow Aviation pretty closely esp the local area, Wright Patterson USAFB, the Wright Brothers and many many years of going to the Air Show with my sons.

You just never know do you

Today will be more of a sorting books, organizing day. We will not be doing any more painting till next weekend - payday.:lol: :lol:

BTW ---the MOON looks wonderful ---reminds me of the song lyrics "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie ---That's Amore:music: :music:

Have a great day

Anita

shipbroker
06-23-2013, 05:29 AM
Doug.... Google Kindle Software Updates...plenty of info.

geoff

WthrLady
06-23-2013, 06:17 AM
5 am in Nebraska.
Another 2 hours and I'll be headed to bed.

Doug - sorry to hear you have a grumbly tum. Ick.
Anita- we were there at the 07 LeRoy crash. Inherent risk of pilots, gravity. (Family of fliers here)
Annie- as long as you have the dyson out... pop around will ya?
Morning geoff.

Made it to the local children's zoo yesterday. Not worth the price of admission. The local rose garden however.WOW. Photos on RIL after I get back up for the day.

Hoping to get into the studio today. Still no name picked out.

Uschi
06-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Good Morning!!!

Sunny, hot and VERY humid.

Since I am up I might as well go to my sons' baseball game at 9:00 a.m. Was thinking of going to a local art show in the afternoon but might save that for a cooler day.

I might just sit in front of the fan and paint or do the laundry which I was going to do tomorrow.

Kev, you world traveller, WOWEE another visit to Canada would sure be fun:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gail, I am so glad you had a good time camping!!! Good to have you back though. About the garden, my phlox has gone completely berserk with this british spring weather. When you split your perennials, do you dig up the whole plant and split or do you just put the spade down and chop some of it off. That's what I am leaning to.

What a shame about the plane accident.

and what a shame abouyt all the flooding in Canada and the fires in the USA.

Darla, it is sooo good that you and Larry are having a nice, relaxing day.

Anita, great that you like the colour, will make the task of painting a joyful one.

Annie, Geoff, Doug, CAryl :wave: to you!!!

BBL Uschi

CharM
06-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Good Morning... Oh my gosh... it's hot and humid! :eek: We went from cooler than Spring temperatures to hotter than hot Summer temperatures in just a day.

I went swimming yesterday after taking my pedal boat out for a ride. The water wasn't warm, but amazing that it wasn't cold either. I'm going to swim again today.

It's quite cloudy though. And it thundered with lots of lightening during the night. No rain. And, of course, we didn't get to look at the big moon. :rolleyes:

I didn't paint. But, I did varnish... I've entered my Bee (I made a few minor changes per advice from the Gallery), my Cherries and my Tricycle into a juried show. I have one more show I wish to enter and must get some work finished for it... A Canadian e-zine 'Brushstroke' has made a call to artists. And later this summer, our Museum is jurying a show, so I should do something for it, too... We'll see what we see. :)

I want to wash our bedding today. Hopefully the rain will hold off and I can get the sheets and quilts hung outside. I think I'll wait until Wednesday to do my strawberries.

((Doug)) I hope you're not coming down with a flu...

Hi Geoff of the great outdoors!

When all is said and done, it makes you feel good to get all that cleaning out of the way, eh, Annie?

Anita, we saw that terribly tragic accident on the news. :(

Caryl, I look forward to seeing your rose photos... it's been awhile since I've painted roses... coincidence? I think not...

Hi Uschi... happy painting... Unless you're actually moving your perennials, you can divide them in ground. I have some hostas that need to be done, but it's too late this year as splitting them now would shock them too much... I'll wait till next Spring.

((Lesley and Henry))

:wave: All yet to come... I hope that everyone enjoys a happy and creative day! :heart:

Scene Chaser
06-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Good Day All,

A sunny day after a rainy evening. We had a good rain after I finished mowing the lawn. Good timing.

Ms. Feral was plenty hungry since I've had to take her dish in because of a varmint taking it from her. She was persistent in her demand for a good petting this morning.

Char, wish I had a pond to swim in.

Anita, it was sad to hear of the two airplane deaths. But, they lived for the thrill and knew it could happen, I guess.

Must have another slice of banana walnut chocolate chip bread. :)
Bill

olliewood0702
06-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Hello everyone,

Larry and I slept in and are now enjoying our coffee reading the Sunday paper and I'm here on WetCanvas. I LOVE Sundays like this.

Jen has had to work this weekend but we did enjoy last evening after she got out. We all sat out near the bonfire (it was too hot to sit too close) after we ate our nice BBQ'd food and fought off the mosquitos. Then they left and we went in and watched a movie.

Today we might play a bit in our perennial garden and I wish I could paint but all my stuff is in different spots and chaos. I do know where my tiny palette and sketchbook are though and I might do some sketches in my flower gardens.:thumbsup:

That is horrible about the wing walker's death plus the pilot. I'd be scared living so close to an airport, Anita.

I'm glad Larry has had a relaxing weekend as he works so hard and in the heat too. This week will be a challenge for him I'm sure. I've always worked in air conditioned comfort so I can't relate.

I'm just glad we have central air in our home, so that when he comes home he can cool off and relax.

I hope you all have a GREAT day whatever you do.

Sending hugs and white light to all in need,

:wave: :heart:

shipbroker
06-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Doug.... Google Kindle Software Updates...plenty of info.

geoff

Just checked mine and 3.4 is latest so no update required.

Back home...sporadic rain but otherwise fine but breezy...just pulled first load of washing from machine!

geoff

NancyR
06-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Good morning everyone. It is so nice to sleep in on the weekends. I balanced checking accounts, paid bills, and ordered mother's RXs last night. After our dinner last night, we stopped at Wally World and picked up a red, white, and blue shirt for my mother for the 4th of July. My DH has so much more patience than I do when shopping. I gave him a mission to find some skirts for my mother, and he patiently looked until he found some. Then we matched some tops to them, and we were done. She loved her new jewelry and will love the new clothes.

While there, I bought the complete boxed set of the first season of HBO's The Newsroom. I cannot wait for the new season to start. I was so wrapped up in watching the shows, I forgot to look at the moon last night. Today, i will cook DH breakfast, go grocery shopping, visit mother, and then come home and clean. I had my day of rest yesterday.

I was alerted to the crash by a CNN bulletin on my computer, phone, and iPads. It is always tragic when a crash happens. The flooding is awful in Canada.

Darla, I could never survive without air conditioning here in Texas. I do not know how people did it back in the 50s let alone at the turn of the century.

Bill, Maybe putting Ms. Feral's food inside would convince her to let you shut the door while she is eating.

Caryl, It is so much fun exploring a new area. I am glad you found the rose garden in your adventures.

Hello to everyone else. Have a wonderful day.

Yorky
06-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Just watched Ernie Els win the BMW Open - still winning!

Geoff I upgraded my Paperwhite to 5.3.6. Can't see any difference yet. Thanks for the link.

Very strong breeze outside, playing havoc with the trees. 14C.

Awful crash at the air show.

Good that you have a quiet weekend Darla and Larry has a chance to rest. Looking forward to your trip report and photos.

Doug

LynnM
06-23-2013, 11:15 AM
:wave: Already hot here, I have the air on. I agree Nancy, how did people survive in the heat before A/C! I am thinking of the poor pioneer women with their layers of clothing.......

Sewing day here, spent too much time on the computer yesterday, must get busy on this.

Will say 'what Darla said' so well, and get on with it. I hope everyone has a rewarding day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug: to all in need

Uschi
06-23-2013, 11:58 AM
My achievements up to now, did last night's dishes and I did to watch my sons and younger DIL play baseball, they all rode there on their bikes:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Isat under a huge tree, beautifully cool and a nice breeze, thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Being that it is Sunday and the hydro is less expensive I will put the AC on in a minute to prevent the house getting too hot. Usually I don't put it on until the sun goes down.

I am going to do my monthly laundry, the basement is lovely and cool, maybe paint in between loads.

Char, and I'll wait until fall, need to see what colourse they are:)

Sounds like everyone is having an enjoyable Sunday morning:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BBL Uschi

WthrLady
06-23-2013, 12:39 PM
photos loaded, awaiting approval

CharM
06-23-2013, 12:58 PM
We're going to have to shut the house up by tomorrow... It's 30C inside even with the nice breeze. I'm heading down to the lake shortly.

Friends dropped by for coffee and we took our cups out to the back gardens. I've just finished watering the beds (despite the time of day) as they were wilting in this heat.

Ok... I know it really isn't hot yet, but two days ago it was 11C.

:wave: I've got to cool off a bit before doing anything else!

shipbroker
06-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Whats Aircon??........is it the same thing I have in my car for keeping the mist off the windows! Torrential rain here now so not needed.......

geoff

Strawberry Wine
06-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Good Day Washers ! 30 C. here at 1:00 p.m. and it is humid... Not complaining though as the heat is welcome after the cold wet weather we have endured.

Uschi, as Char has suggested, I too, just put the spade in and divide as much off as you want. Late September is a good time or early next Spring.

Char, Dan shut all the windows around noon. Bedroom doors are closed and the inside humidity is diminishing quickly. I don't think we are going to cool down this evening. Is the lake warm enough for me to swim in yet? :D

Caryl, looking forward to seeing your rose photos.

Here are a couple of Pearl at the pet beach where we were camping.

Hurry Up !!!!! I am sooooo excited !

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jun-2013/13320-Hurry_Up__for_web.jpg

Bringing it back in as fast as I can so I can do it over again.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jun-2013/13320-pearl_close_up_web.jpg

I need to water a few deck plants before they start to wilt.

BBL

cheers,

Gail

villagernb
06-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Happy Sunday, everyone!

Hot and humid here if you head inland, but here at the top of the hill, we are enjoying a strong wind from the Bay of Fundy which can make it feel quite cool outside (Mother Nature's AC). :wink2: The wind is also pushing a damp-feeling haze of moist air our way; later in the day it could develop into fog.

We saw the moon last night. Beautiful!

Doug, sorry you feel queasy. :p When I was operating my daycare, I used to pick up all kind of viruses from my kids. Many of them were of the gastro variety! (It's the only thing I don't miss about having a houseful of little ones!)

Nancy, thanks for the tip about "The Newsroom". About a year and a half ago, DH and I were so fed up with all the %#$& on cable TV, we decided to bite the bullet and cancel our cable. We had an older model television set which had been huge in its day, but only average by modern standards and we gave it away to neighbours who needed one in their basement (their son was coming home from out West and was going to camp in their basement apartment for a while.)

We subscribe to Netflix and watch it on our computer in the evening. It mostly satisfies our entertainment needs, but when you haven't watched TV for a while, you no longer know which of the stuff in their lineup is worth watching! Any and all suggestions about what you enjoy watching would be appreciated!:D

Last night we watched the first episode of "Foyle's War". I've seen some episodes, (but by no means all), on PBS over the years, but I had never seen the first one. The picture quality is much better on Netflix than it was on our PBS station also! :thumbsup:

DH is skipping his bike ride today (body is too tired). Therefore we're going for a rare walk together!

SYL

Anne

New Gamboge
06-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone - it's trying to decide whether to be sunny or rain today. Yesterday was quite nice, which was good as it was DGD's 3rd birthday (where does the time fly!) at her friend's house for a double birthday celebration - only a couple of days apart. GD now has her own paints, palette, brushes and table (she's been using mine for quite a while).

Our friend gave us another 13 ducklings the other day - we are being run overy by muscovies. Fortunately haven't seen any bears lately, but the deer have been by almost every day. They especially like it where SIL has scythed the grass.

I'm working on a birthday card for my cousin's 70th - a pink poppy.

Doug, I've had an upset tummy for a few days too - I think it was something I ate at a restaurant - hope you're feeling better soon.

Oh - and I'm still turning everything off at night, and I actually slept 8 hours last night - totally unheard of for me.

Betty

Scene Chaser
06-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Anne, we subscribe only to Acorn TV. $29 a year and all old British shows. "Foyle's War" was part of it and we saw them all. A great show!

Gail, love the excitement Pearl shows. What fun!

My house is closed, too. Dehumidifier is on. But, I'm going to the garage to work. It'll stay cool as long as I keep the door closed.

Bill

shipbroker
06-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Foyles War has just had a new series here...set in post war London and him as someone involved in Cold War espionage detection......excellent series ...

For those history buffs there is a new series started last week 'The White Queen'.......War of Roses time.........Eileen not watched it as competes with new Miss Marple series.......we don't have reocrding capability since digital came in.

Heavy heavy rain tonight.....but have been in the pub to book a table for family coming up from Hampshire later in week...so had to have a pint....

goodnight all

geoff

Yorky
06-23-2013, 04:42 PM
I enjoyed Foyle's war too. Love spy stories.

Been wondering about absent friends, Carolynn, Hap and Nipper Geoff. Hope everyone is doing OK.

Doug

Uschi
06-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Been wondering about absent friends, Carolynn, Hap and Nipper Geoff. Hope everyone is doing OK.Doug

So did I Doug, actually sat there this afternoon wondering.

My laundry is done, started reading instead of painting:rolleyes: Should have saved the reading for sitting outside on the balmy evening it is going to be.

AC has been going all day, keeping it at 24C at the thermostat downstairs and the upstairs is still over 27C.

They especially like it where SIL has scythed the grass.

Gosh Betty, do people still do this???? Brought wonderful visions to my mind.

Anne and others without a TV, I am single and MUST have a TV for the entertainment on the looooong winter nights but I know several families who have stopped receiving cable and use Netflix instead. I really enjoy documentaries (all repeats now:eek: )

Right now I am watching about an hour per night and am catching up on a whole year's worth of taped Gray's Anatomy.

Gail, great photos of Pearl!!!!! And yes, I too have just chopped off parts of the roots, just wanted to know if I am the only ruthless gardener:lol: My garden is going to look filled with bloom late July and August because I have masses of phlox.

Geoff, could it be aircon(ditioner):)

Carol, is it the roses????? I actually checked earlier this afternoon:D

Char, 30C downstairs, have you been upstairs yet?????:eek: :eek: :eek: Great you finally had your first swim of the season:clap: :clap: Did you scream for me as you went in:lol:

Doug, I hope your tummy feels better by now:crossfingers:

5:30 p.m. now, I think I'll venture outside and see what it feels like.

:wave: Uschi

ScarletLake
06-23-2013, 08:11 PM
:wave: Hello:wave:

Gonna be watching for the Big Moon tonight. Saw some awesome pic on the internet. It was beautiful last night.

We're all sore here from out house work over the weekend.

I'll be off early tomorrow to help with the Art Camp at the art Institute this week.

Anita

villagernb
06-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Took some photos in the garden today.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3749.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3749.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3750.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3750.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3751.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3751.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3754.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3754.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3742.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3742.jpg.html)

Uschi
06-23-2013, 09:09 PM
BEAUTIFUL clematis Anne:heart:

Uschi

villagernb
06-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Thank you, Uschi. :D

I know exactly what you mean about needing the television for company. If I lived alone, I would buy one again. The winter nights ARE too long and quiet. :( Our son has had to move to a new province (or state) three times in the past ten years and he has used the television each time he has moved just for the sound of a human voice! We talked about getting rid of cable for at least two years before we finally went through with it, and I definitely went through withdrawal! I enjoy documentaries also, (there are some on Netflix). I especially miss televised sports, but some are available on the internet--we watch professional cycling on Eurosport and some other cycling specific sites my DH follows. It's not an easy habit to break, and I know that if we still had a television, I would be avidly following the news about the flooding in Alberta. There is, of course, plenty of information on the web, I just have to make more of an effort to track it down!:rolleyes:

See you tomorrow!

Anne

Yorky
06-24-2013, 01:47 AM
Beautiful Clematis Anne and the Peony is something to anticipate.

Doug