PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Thursday 20th June 2013**

shipbroker
06-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Good Moring World.

No Blue Ears today Dioug!

Night started bright with moonlight but dull now still dry but storms forecast for later , hopefully after a few holes of golf.

All garden planting dine now so a bit ofcrain won't come amiss but looks as if it will be here for a few says when it does come

Still no spare for the caravan.

Back larer

geoff

Lulu
06-19-2013, 11:31 PM
You're on the ball Geoff...
Good afternoon to you and the rest of the world!
Wet day here and refreshingly cold lol......7C .......
Planning to drive south to stay with family for the weekend, not sure the roads will be clear of snow though...

Have been to the dentist today, just a routine check, nothing amiss :thumbsup:, then on to the gym, feeling warm and toasty, stretched and strengthened! lol

A new book has come in the mail today, a follow-on from Call the Midwives by Jennifer Worth, "Shadows of the Workhouse". There are two more after that.

A cuppa now then a read I think!

Thinking of those in need, especially Henry and Lesley :heart:

Enjoy your Thursday everyone.

Roun2it
06-20-2013, 03:51 AM
Mornin' each ....... :wave:

Well had a very tearful lady on the phone last night, Annie the owner of the now deceased dog Wezley, the picture from yesterday. She wanted the painting wrapped so that she could open the packaging when she got home, she just dare not open it a work she knew she would be so upset. Anyway she was very pleased with it and said it looked just like Wezley, I was relieved at that due to the limited reference I had to work from. She told me she was inviting the neighbours around today for a viewing ........... :eek:

Chris is now sorting clothes out for our trip downunder, we don't know what to take with Lulu, JJ and Annie coming on here daily and saying how cold it is, lulu's now talking about snow blocking the transport systems ...... :eek: and here we are looking at the temps and thinking well that sounds warm ........ you can't win.

I think layers are to be the order of the day ......... So if I do meet up with JJ and Annie ,,,,,,,,,,, and who knows maybe Lulu then I will be the one wearing a T-shirt and shorts .......:thumbsup:

Annie and JJ I will be available for a met anytime after the 16th to 25th July you name the time date and place and Chris and I will try to fit it in. It would also be nice to meet Allan (Jameson .... I think???) if at all possible.

Cold night here again but the sun is bursting through and we may have another scorcher at 18 degrees ............. :clap: :lol: :lol: :wink2: Gotta luv the British Summer.

doppler
06-20-2013, 04:06 AM
Hi Geoff and Lulu and all to follow.

The finale of the planking exercise, read retaining walls, was finished today when we put lots of sugar cane mulch over the top of an arrestingly degraded garden beneath. Everything will be back next spring. Hopefully not the weeds. I promise to net my persimmon tree next year. They have to ripen on the twig but the coloured flying eatingus anythingus, AKA King Parrots, got them at the just ripening stage. We did have a good crop, green.

Mandarins are lovely at the moment, and our somewhat ahem small oranges are so sweet. Flying thieves have discovered the raspberry, which is due for a big cut back. So that'll teach them.:rolleyes:

Well, fire is lit. Bo has seconded the place as HIS. Once scared, bewildered and shy, he now nudges the fire replenisher and is affectionate, so long as you put
another log on the fire. Get it in there!. He is red hot most of the time, but cats know what cats want.

Roger has done so much today, so we squabbled about dinner and settled on cheezels. I'm not hungry, he's not ... bacon and eggs tomorrow:thumbsup:

Edit Hi Kev. it's about the same temperature here. Bring warm stuff to be worn over tee shirts. Such are the vagaries.. it is going to rain tomorrow and even the BOM guy said in essence it will be miserable. Only one day though. Our winter sunshine will return. July and August are the best. Except for the westerlies. Winds.

Speaking of that Caryl, I love your shelf cloud. I always called them roll clouds. But they do roll, shelfily :lol: Don't worry. it's not a word. :)

Lulu
06-20-2013, 04:32 AM
I think layers are to be the order of the day ......... So if I do meet up with JJ and Annie ,,,,,,,,,,, and who knows maybe Lulu then I will be the one wearing a T-shirt and shorts .......:thumbsup:

Yes, layers, Kev, more layers for Auckland than Brisbane, and layers of suncream, a hat and hula skirt for the Cook Islands:clap: :clap:
Okay, I've cracked under pressure........lol
11 sleeps!!! wahoooo!:clap: :clap:

Hi Annie, and Doug too, he has probably come in while I've been typing :wave:

laudesan
06-20-2013, 05:06 AM
Kev, I am sitting here, with my legwarmers sock, slippers and fingerless gloves on. I have leggings under my track pants, and a camisole under my jumper. :P It is fresh here tonight.
It is 16/61 63% humidity, 10 Km/H wind. Temps Brisbane
(http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/observations/brisbane.shtml) Weatherzone (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/brisbane/brisbane)
I don't have heating going in my house. :) and I get sea breezes up here..:) I am so looking forward to seeing you both again... I can make the time, Annie what suits you?

Lulu
06-20-2013, 05:47 AM
There you aare Kev, don't forget to pack a camisole! :D

Have just been watching Tom Jones on the graham horton show, his voice is still good.

Ellen in Ont
06-20-2013, 07:11 AM
:wave: everyone,
It is grey and raining but much warmer temps overnight. It is presently 12 and going up to the low 20s.

I have a little bit more packing to do for the workshop out of town this weekend but most of the prep work is done. I will be teaching an easy half day of gallery wrapping watercolour paper, mounting it on cradle board, and discussing ways of varnishing. I am also helping my sister for one of her workshops with India ink. I'll be showing flat and graded washes.

That photo looks so inviting. I hope we get some warmer temps soon.

Kev - layers are the only way I know how to dress. :D sounds like you are going to have a great time meeting up with everyone available.

Annie - all those wonderful fruit trees sounds great to have in your yard but I guess you can't have the fruit without the critters that also love them.:rolleyes:

Good morning Geoff, Lulu, JJ, and all who follow. I need a cup of coffee while answering emails and then get ready to run a few errands. Have a great one everyone.

Yorky
06-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi folks, I popped in early then forgot to post :rolleyes:

Received shocking news at the art class, one of our really talented artists, Brian died while we were in Jersey at the age of 71. He had cancer and hadn't said anything about it. Such a loss. He had a page of sketches published in the local paper a couple of months ago. Everyone was totally shocked. He had been missed these past three weeks.

Well, the fine start has gone downhill and it is now overcast with a threat of rain. Bowls might be a hit an miss affair.

Painted Gorey castle in class.

Doug

shipbroker
06-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Impressed with Brisbane...saw it on an old 'Who do you think you are' programme on one of our smaller channels last night....

Rain, here but patchy........caravan spare in country.

Kev...glad your lady liked the beagle...one of my friends does portraits but not animals and she was asked to do a picture of a couple with the cat sitting in between.....when she went for first sitting they produced a dead but badly stuffed cat and some photographs.....she couldn't do it.

geoff

Lulu
06-20-2013, 07:15 AM
when she went for first sitting they produced a dead but badly stuffed cat and some photographs.....she couldn't do it.

geoff

Oh my goodness!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

So sorry about your friend Doug! what a shock!

Bedtime :wave:

Flattwo
06-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Hi to All

Overcast here and a bit cooler

Lesley had her biopsy carried out yesterday after the figured out a way for her to position herself reasonably pain free. The results will be ready in ten days and then go to a meeting of surgeons etc. Trying to keep her as calm as possible until then.

Thanks to everyone for your support.

Caryl, super photos, your house is fantastic!

I might even get some painting done today thumbsup:

Henry

LynnM
06-20-2013, 08:19 AM
:wave: Sunny here again, another lovely cool day, 14C going up to 22C. Lovely for dancing in the park for our Solstice celebration.....I won't be dancing, but going along for the pot luck supper, maybe some sketching. And must do some sewing this morning, friend is getting anxious.

Horrors, what a request, Geoff!!!

Sorry about your loss, Doug, very hard news to hear.

Sounds like a fun workshop, Ellen, should be more relaxing for you than some you have been involved with :)

(((Lesley and Henry)))

Your assorted dependents must love you and Roger, Annie, you take such good care of their menus :lol: Unfair of them not to leave you at least a portion. Oranges sound lovely. We have been getting some tiny ones here (in the grocery store!), really delicious.

Hi Lulu, Kev, JJ and all to come, hope everyone has a rewarding day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

olliewood0702
06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Happy Thursday...it's ALMOST Friday.:thumbsup:

Another lovely sunny, mild morning. It's refreshingly cool but is going to shoot upward and get quite warm/HOT later and for the next 5 or 6 days they say.:confused: The killer will be the high humidity along with the HOT.

I'm sipping my hot, black coffee and have my knee propped up. The coffee is strong and hot just the way I like it. Ahh..tastes delish.

Kev, your trip sounds wonderful and I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting up with other WC'ers.

LuLu, and you sound excited abut your upcoming trip too.

Doug, sorry about your friend that passed away. Some people are very private and don't want to tell others of their struggles. He sounded like a great guy and I'm sure he'll be missed in your group.:grouphug:

Sending (((()))) to Henry and Lesley.:heart:

Larry had to go in at 3am again this morning. Now he cannot be forced anymore this week; only twice in a week so he's safe. He's looking forward to the weekend off; we have lots of stuff to get done.

Kaitlyn passed her test last evening to get her driving license; now just the road test. She says she has to learn to parallel park. Her Papa told her he'd take her and try it out. Drivers training cost Matt and Jen about $500.00!:eek: And now Kelsea is old enough to start. Back in my day it was offered through the High School and free.:rolleyes:

I wore a long sleeved top today because yesterday I froze here at work. THey put the air conditioning on too high. Everyone is usually too cool. Today I'm just comfortable.:thumbsup:

Monday is our Jen's 35th Birthday; I think we'll celebrate it on Saturday with a cook out. I just cannot believe that she's that old already. Josh will be 33 in July and Justin 31 in December. Where in the world do the years go??:(

I hope you all have a great day planned and that it involves doing something creative.

Let your creative juices flow!

BBL:wave: :heart:

Uschi
06-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Good Morning!!!

Bright sunshine, no clouds, 12C right now going up 24C, a PERFECT day.

Having the scrabble ladies here this afternoon. Will buy a small cheese cake and dribble some raspberry sauce over it:thumbsup:

Temperature is getting warmer and warmer day by day and no rain forecast means I will have to start watering the garden.

I didn't get to the art show yesterday evening, came home too late from physio so will make a nice day of it on Saturday or Sunday.

Kev, you did do a wonderful job with the doggie, no wonder she is very pleased.

Another mini meet, how great is that:clap: :clap:

Henry, HUGS for you and Lesley. I sooooo hope for good results!! I still think the whole thing is taking waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Doug, so sorry about your friend's passing.

Ellen, enjoy your workshop!! Can't wait to hear what you think of the silk painting.

Annie, same thing happening here with fruit and the flying thiefs and racoons that climb up the trees.

Breakfast is calling, :wave: to all of you and wishing you a great day!!

Uschi

CharM
06-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Good morning on the cusp of our first Summer's Day... according to the calendar, at any rate... judging the season from our weather, you'd believe it to be early Spring. It's not too bad though. At 16C just now and warming to a little over 20C, we don't need the furnace or the air conditioner running.

I snapped a photo of yesterday afternoon's Class as they finished their paintings. Beautiful work. Five of them missed the last day and I'll work up some additional notes for them.

My Tuesday afternoon Class will be here shortly. I rescheduled them due to the Pot Luck dinner I hosted. I, probably could have had the Class, but I didn't want to chance it.

This afternoon, a friend and I will be delivering paintings to a juried show in Wallaceburg. It's the first annual at the Historical Society's Museum there.

OMG, Geoff... That's pretty gross... I can see why your friend couldn't take THAT commission!!!

Doug, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend...

Kev, as hard as it was to talk with your Client, it's certainly a tribute to your talent as an Artist. Layers... *nodding* in agreement... :)

Lulu, I had no idea that Call the Midwives was a series of books! I'm excited!

Annie, think about having a *Make Your Own Night*... and what on earth are cheezels? I have an idea that they're those bright orange deep fried fingers of corn that you can't eat just one...

JJ... it's 16C here and I'm wearing a short sleeved t-shirt, capri pants and sandals... :lol: Different hemispheres!

Ellen, your bootcamp sounds like so much fun!

((Lesley)) and ((Henry))... I'm shocked about the time it's taken to finally get Lesley's health issues dealt with. :mad:

You have a busy day ahead of you Lynn...

Oooh... the fun of teaching a new driver, Darla... my heart is with you. Take care with your knee... ((()))

Gotta go... for some reason, one of my Students is here already... She's 1/2 hour early... :eek:

Roun2it
06-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Yes, layers, Kev, more layers for Auckland than Brisbane, and layers of suncream, a hat and hula skirt for the Cook Islands:clap: :clap:
Okay, I've cracked under pressure........lol
11 sleeps!!! wahoooo!:clap: :clap:

I don't think anyone got this but finally it has come out in the "Wash" ...... Lulu did want to surprise everyone when we turned up at the Cook Islands with me wearing a Hula Skirt ... but now that she has done it and cracked .... :lol: I can reveal that Chris and I will be joining Lulu and John for a holiday in the Cook Islands ............... :clap: :clap:

It was a real strange turn of events, about 6 mths ago we had just decided to join Daughter Joanne and visit our son Michael for his 40th birthday. On the same day we made the decision we got a very short e-mail from Lulu and John saying it was just a long shot but would we like to join them for a holiday they were planning to the Cook Islands ........ when we looked at the dates they fit exactly to the dates for bolting on to the beginning of our Oz trip we were already planning.. When we looked into the trip even further we found out that due to our air points with Emirates Airlines Chris and I got free flights to and from Oz to Auckland ...... :clap: :clap: So a shot in the dark became a no-brainer ...... :thumbsup:

So that's it Lulu cracked next week we fly to Oz, stay with son Michael for 2 days then meet up with Lulu in Auckland and fly to the Cook Islands for a 10 day holiday in the sun. ......... whhhhaaahhhhoooooooooo!!!!! Then it's back to Oz the same day that Joanne and the 3 grandkids arrive for the big family get together.

Amazing as none of this would have happened if it hadn't been for the daft e-mail from Lulu in the first place ......... :evil:

Scene Chaser
06-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Good Day All,
Stone Henge will undoubtably be crowded to night. Summer solstice here is a 1:04 AM Friday. Though, those in western part of the North American continent will have dancing around the bonfires tonight.

Darla, hot it will be and at least our tomatoes will begin to grow.

It is gorgeous out at the moment, so I'll spend some time in the garden while I can take the heat.

Bill

shipbroker
06-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Kev.........will you stop posting about holidays!!

OZ and The Cook Islands and I can't even get my caravan out of the garden.......envy envy envy!

Rain gone away again.....

geoff

Yorky
06-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Wow Kev, certainly beats our trip to Jersey :lol: Have a great time, you both deserve it.

Hi Bill :wave:

Bowls was rained off and now the sun is out :rolleyes:

Doug

Roun2it
06-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Kev.........will you stop posting about holidays!!

OZ and The Cook Islands and I can't even get my caravan out of the garden.......envy envy envy!

geoff

Geoff just checked and found out that Emirates stopped towing Caravans in 1836, so you wouldn't have been able to come ......... even if it wasn't in for repair ............. :lol: :lol: :wink2:

LynnM
06-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Sounds wonderful, Kev, lucky man!!!

olliewood0702
06-20-2013, 11:34 AM
WOW....lucky you and Chris, Kev. A 10 day adventure with LuLu and JOhn. HMMM I wonder what y'all will get into while you are together? What a fabulous vacation it sounds; a nice LONNNNG one too.:thumbsup: I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Please take pics of your hula skirt and hat to share with us.:evil:

Uschi, yum....I LOVE cheesecake; I'll have to make one soon and omit the calories when mixing it up.:D

Yeah Bill, Stonehenge will be crowded. THe summer solstice and the super moon all in one weekend. I'm NOT ready for hot and humid though.:rolleyes: You are right about our tomatoes.

Char, I hope your afternoon students have a great class today. Best of luck with your entries into the juried show and say HI to Patty while you are there!

About one hour until lunchtime and about time because my tummy is growling; it needs food.

I'm still not through all my pics from our trip; I'm hoping to by the weekend. I really want to paint but everything is packed up from the flood. I do have my little palette for some plein aire; maybe I'll get some time for some quick sketches.:crossfingers:

I have tons of laundry waiting and should start on that tonight because I'll be doing bedding on Saturday and that'll mean even more.:rolleyes:

Enjoy what's left of your THURSDAY everyone!:wave:

JudyL
06-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Kev a quick post from a "World Traveler" get some silk long underwear! might be a tad pricey BUT very light to pack and doubles as pj's and SOOOOO good when needed, handy in the UK as well.

Happy Trails

Uschi
06-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Whatever any of you have it couldn't be as nice as our weather this morning.

So after cleaning and getting things ready for the ladies I hopped on the bike and went for a wonderful bike ride. Part of the ride a lengthy slow uphill through beautiful gardens and at the end a lengthy slow downhill Whoooosh:heart:

Truthfully I wouldn't need a car in the nice weather if it weren'f for the fact that our city is VERY hilly and I am too old, too lazy or too unfit to work myself up them.

Kev and Lulu, WOOHOOO, what a vacation and what a wonderful coincidence!!! Envy here too but really would be VERY apprehensive about the VERY long flight, closer islands here if I really want to go to one.

Funny, I just read a book dealing with a murder at Stonehenge at the summer solstice:clear: Sadness:crying: :crying: :crying: because the days are getting shorter.

Char :crossfingers: :crossfingers: for the show.

Ladies come at 1:00 so I better make and eat my lunch.

:wave: Uschi

Yorky
06-20-2013, 12:28 PM
I just watched a very moving TED video (http://www.ted.com/talks/joseph_kim_the_family_i_lost_in_north_korea_and_the_family_i_gained.html) by an young North Korean refugee :crying: (if you have trouble understanding his English, click show transcript)

Uschi you are the last person I would have said was lazy :heart:

Doug

WthrLady
06-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Good morning my lovelies!

I've spent the whole morning playing customer service ping pong with all sorts of companies:
the weather station manufacturer did a firmware update, which makes part of my new system obsolete- I have to wait for a part;
Washing machine company, registering the machines;
Laundry soap company- soap doesn't want to dissolve in the newest super high HE machines- replacement soap coming;
YMCA - missing registration paperwork, guy on vacation - solution joining the local public pool instead;
take a break to chase the potted plants across the back deck- windy out!;
TV company- registered the TV;
furniture company - trying to find where my overdue special order sofa is - it MIGHT be in tomorrow- same old story, different day;
old cable company - sent me a bill for $500 for equipment THEY never picked up, and said they would sent a box and label for, took them 4 weeks- but they finally did and I shipped it out yesterday;

yada yada yada and it's only 1130!

The urge is setting in to paint, now I just need to find the time!

Hugs to Henry and Leslie.

Kev - I too am green with envy.

Everyone have a great day :)

shipbroker
06-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Geoff just checked and found out that Emirates stopped towing Caravans in 1836, so you wouldn't have been able to come ......... even if it wasn't in for repair ............. :lol: :lol: :wink2:

AW shame Kev.............repairman here at moment........Enjoy mate, looks like a great holiday plus your family events......

geoff

kaypainter
06-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Hi washers,

Wanted to thank everyone for your condolences. It was just such a shock I think I was numb for two days.

This week has been an utter mess after that. Is it the solstice moon? I think I mentioned that the IRS wants $19 out of me that I am not supposed to owe (this according to their own tax attorney in their tax dept. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I wanted to go to Sears to buy another pair of jeans. Went to start my car and it wouldn't. Took it over to my mechanic. Need a new idle valve. Decided I might as well get the tires too if my car is going to be there anyway. So that's about $800.

Then drove over to Sears and they had one, count 'em, one pair of men's Levi's 550's in my size. Bought them and got in the car. Came home to find a letter from the state tax board saying I owe them $64 and change. I saw that my tax preparer hadn't taken the renter's credit for me when he did my taxes, so he did the amended return and sent me a new voucher for the correct amount and I sent it in. Now they are claiming I owe that amount plus penalties and interest, which I certainly do not.

But of course this means fighting with bureaucracies and computer programs that don't think.

((((Henry & Lesley)))))

JJ I live in LA and even I couldn't consider 61F cold. Cold officially starts at 59F :lol: :lol: :lol: Loved your Kookaburra.

Uschi I wouldn't consider you lazy either.

:clap: :clap: Kev and Chris and Lulu and John. How neat is that?

Kev the beagle was gorgeous. No wonder she loved it.

Geoff that is pretty darn gross. No wonder she didn't want to do it. Did your post say they only had one replacement part in the whole country for your caravan?

Doug that is a shock. 71 is so young nowadays. Can we see your Gorey castle painting?

Lynn that makes me want to go get a massage. I used to get them regularly.

Oh Caryl. It's the little things like that that drive ya crazy. I've just about had it up to the eyeballs with that stuff.

It's going to be darn hot here. Probably in the 90's or high 80's F. And I need to go wrap my head around "officialdom," and make sure my temper is in check before I tackle the phone call to the tax board.

Later. :wave: :wave: :wave: and

HAWLTAIN

Kay

JudyL
06-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Back from the walk around the park and to Starbucks, with plastic bag, (we pick up rubbish tossed on the way to S*bucks), got a big bag full. It's about a 2 mile walk there and back. But getting hot, going to be warm :( better get used to it.

Doug so sorry to hear about your friend.

UGH I'm off to the showers.

BBL

shipbroker
06-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Kay......no new parts in UK for caravan, this replacement came from Germany..over 500 but now fitted.....

Raining now....

Sorry about your friend Doug....our age.

geoff

Lulu
06-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Amazing as none of this would have happened if it hadn't been for the daft e-mail from Lulu in the first place ......... :evil:

Still laughing at how crazy it all is:lol:
Just be careful of the lady in red with the camera.........she'll be kept busy:evil:

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited, doing ab strengthening exercises every day so I don't get too sore with all the laughing!:D
Oh, and Emirates have just been voted top airline in the world.:thumbsup:

Now back to reality with porridge for breakfast lol :wave: