PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Wednesday 19th June 2013 **

shipbroker
06-19-2013, 01:57 AM
Morning all.

Where are you Lulu?? Thought you had takeen over?

Woke at 2am but asleep again by 3 till 6.30 so not bad really

Dull out there off to Market in an hour

geoff

Yorky
06-19-2013, 02:33 AM
Well, I got the blue ears this morning, didn't see your post Geoff :rolleyes:

Overcast here with some smudges of blue sky quickly disappearing. 15C.

Off in half an hour to get my hearing aids checked at the hospital audiology department.

Hi Lulu :wave:

Doug

Lulu
06-19-2013, 02:50 AM
No chance of me taking over Geoff, looks like Doug tried lol

Have your glasses checked while you are there Doug :p

Have just been trying to explain the 'blue ears' to John......he doesn't get it lol Just as well he's not a daily Washer!

Wet wet wet day here! and a really cold front moving up the country. :eek:
Rarotonga at 31C today looks very inviting :thumbsup:

Dinner is about to be served...:wave:

Roun2it
06-19-2013, 03:07 AM
Mornin' each ...... :wave:

Lulu old fronts ..... brrrrgh!!! Wouldn't want to be there .... Sounds like a UK summer. Now Rarotonga ....... that's a mouthful!! that sounds nice ..... :) Is that where you wear a hula skirt?

Our trip to Oz is getting closer only 10 days to go now.

I have just put this painting into the colored pencil forum and I'd thought I show it here it was such an achievement from the materials I was given to work from, as Wezley the Beagle is dead and the owner was not able to supply good references to work from.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2013/23314-AnniesBeagle.jpg

I've also just put a view of Seatoller, in the Lake District, into the Watercolor Gallery.

Hey Doug I'll shout if I see you at the hearing Clinic .......... I've got to take my sister this morning to Chorley.

Lulu
06-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Is that where you wear a hula skirt?

Yup, will suit you Kev, along with a frangipani lei around your neck...:D
C'mon, it's not far from Oz, make a detour!

Lovely dog drawing/painting. You have a watercolour style with your coloured pencils.

Hey Doug I'll shout if I see you at the hearing Clinic .......... I've got to take my sister this morning to Chorley.

You know how funny that sounds?? :lol:
You might have to shout for Doug to hear you!:lol:

doppler
06-19-2013, 03:41 AM
Good evening all :wave:

Geoff only relatively sleepless, Doug with blue hearing aids (I am pleased to donate :lol: ), Lulu in front of the cold not old front but still excelling at portraiture.

Kev, that dog portrait is :thumbsup:

Chilly day here. I thought I'd lost the use of my half body this morning but Roger had rolled over taking the doona with him and leaving me with unadorned frigid air. I still managed to stagger down stairs patting cats en route and trying not to fall over them, shower (read thaw), coif, slurp down a cup of tea and still get to work on time.

Musing. I may have to rethink my fashion sense. Dark makes strange choices. All covering what should be covered but no one would know that I have studied colour, as an amateur. OK. Got me through the day :lol:

Home after work, and the second part of the great terracing dream awaited. Just making the gardens tidier and more manageable. Roger did the bulk of the work but I did offer my advice :rolleyes:

BBL

Lulu
06-19-2013, 03:44 AM
Hi Annie,

Lulu in front of the cold not old front

Yes, noticed that too, not sure that he didn't say that on purpose lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2013/1118-ATT00035.jpg

doppler
06-19-2013, 04:12 AM
That cat is not crispy. He is limbering for mischief.

shipbroker
06-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Ah Crispy Cats...do they serve them with Hoi Sin Sauce and Pancakes??

Urghhhhhhh...

Here is another one...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2013/84585-ah_nice.jpg

Still dull, but warm, Tony the Fishman from Grimsby said it was heavy rain about 40 miles from here at 0500 as he came up, but it isn't forecast here,

geoff

laudesan
06-19-2013, 07:02 AM
:wave:

A little fresh here this evening... 14 deg Celsius right now, getting way down low in the wee hours..

Had my hair done this afternoon, came home a did a drawing in my sketchbook of a friendly little boy kookaburra who comes to visit me.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2013/22284-DSCF8909.JPG

Doug you know you look good in Blue!!!!

:grouphug: to all hurting and all suffering :grouphug:

Uschi
06-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Good Morning Geoff, Doug, Lulu, Kev, Annie and JJ!!!

Coolish night here too, 10C now but bright sunshine, going up to 20C. It has been a VERY cool June - I am a happy camper:D

Breakfast shortly and then off to table tennis.

Physio in the early evening followed by going to the opening of a new art show. Will probably go with my artist neighbour.

Kev, you did an absolutely FABULOUS job with that doggie. Your friend will be thrilled!!!!

JJ, you are getting really REALLY good at that sketching:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Geoff, that is cute.

Lulu, Also cute!!

BBL, :wave:

Uschi

CharM
06-19-2013, 07:55 AM
Good morning from a sunny and cool SW Ontario... It's 11C outside, but 20C here in the house even though a couple of windows are still open.

The weather gods smiled down on me last evening. It was cool, cloudy and windy, sprinkling rain right up to the 11th hour. When it stopped raining for about an hour, I decided to put the cushions on our furniture outside and just tough it out. Didn't the sun show its face?! And it warmed up enough that my guests were able to eat their dinner outside... We had a big table of great dishes, a big bowl of punch and lots of chatty conversation and laughter. A success.

This morning, I'm going to take it easy. My last Workshop Class is this afternoon. I'm going to welcome the break as I won't be doing another Workshop until September.

Hi Geoff... shedding the blue... and Doug, looking so good in it! :)

Lulu, :music: Don't be cruel... :music: Our golden years suffer from a little tarnish, eh?

Kev... I really admire colour pencil artists... the patient attention to detail is always awesome... This beagle is adorable.

Annie, you get to express your need for colour in your beautiful work!

Cute kitties! :)

Hi JJ... your sketch posted the other day was really well done!

Uschi, I'd like it to warm up so we can dip into the lake... it's been too cool to swim. :(

So, I'll :wave: to all yet to come... I'm going to brew the coffee. Have a great day everyone!

painterbear
06-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Goooood Morning all,
It is quarter after 8 in the morning here on a glorious day in Oakwood, sun is shining, birds are singing, and the temps are cool enough to open the windows and let the air into the house. :D

This morning, Larry and I are going to harvest our first crop of swiss chard to have with our sparerib dinner tonight. :D We had to build a cage around it with netting over it to protect it from the finches. They absolutely love the stuff and were eating it from the day it sprouted. :rolleyes: But today is the day. :clap:

Still working on Kay's African Violets painting, but also doing a project with my paints and a notebook for Nita's class.

Kev, I think your beagle painting/drawing? is beautiful. I, too, admire people who work with colored pencils and graphite drawings. I am amazed at the work they can do. :thumbsup: I also saw your painting in The Gallery and am so glad you are still doing watercolors. It was lovely.

Ahh, look at that pretty kookaburra, JJ. Great sketch. :D

Geoff, Talk about focus....look at that kitty's eyes. :lol:

:wave: to Doug, Lulu, Annie, cool, comfortable Uschi, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

olliewood0702
06-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Hello one and all and HAPPY HUMP DAY,

Here I am at my desk, on this sunny lovely, cool morning. It's promising to be another lovely day. One more before the HEAT and HUMIDITY roll in.:( I'm glad Larry has this weekend off and I'm looking forward to spending it together, working side by side in the yard/garden and perhaps having a nice bonfire for the first time this season. Kaitlyn wants to bring Preston over for some of her "Nana's good cooking.":lol: So I'm thinking of BBQ'ing some ribs or chicken on Saturday.

The insurance adjuster visit was a success; they are covering/replacing all our damaged stuff. Even my Mark Mahaffey book and DVD that got wet and destroyed.:thumbsup: Even some of our walls were warped and need to be replaced.

Larry and I took the sump pump back that we put in two years ago and had a lifetime warranty. They went good for it. We are purchasing a 2nd one with battery back up!

Doug, blue does indeed suit you just wonderfully!

Kev, that doggie portrait is SUPERBLY painted! He's got personality on that face. I'll have a look in the gallery in a bit. WHoohoo...only 10 more days.

It's hard to believe that only 3 weeks ago we were with Doug and Ruth, Kev and Chris and Pat and Winnie! It was like a whirlwind and sometimes I have to pinch myself to know that it really happened.:D

JJ, cute little Kukubara, they remind me of our woodpeckers; they look similar.

Hello there LuLu, Sylvia, Uschi, Annie and Geoff!

My knee is so sore if I don't take my ibuprofen so I've been regularly taking it. I don't like to take so much of it though but it's just a throbbing pain if I don't so I don't have a choice. :rolleyes:

My co-worker just came back today since her DH died while I was gone on vacation. He had two anuyerisms (SP?) that he had surgery on and got a blood infection that just started shutting down all his organs. She and I had some tears and hugs this morning, she will be glad to have all of us supporting her and helping her through this; plus she has a great family who love and care for her. I know what my MOm went through and she's just starting to sound like her old self so it's a process that everyone has to work out on their own.

I hope you all have a GREAT HUMP DAY and are able to be creative in some way that makes you happy.

Sending hugs and white light to all in need.:heart:

BBL:wave:

LynnM
06-19-2013, 09:43 AM
:wave: Sun here and beautifully cool. As Darla says, the heat and humidity is coming so today is a blessing! I have an interesting leg today, lots of complementary blue and yellow as my bruises develop. My knee is sore still, but the hip is much better:crossfingers: A trip to the massage therapist this morning, then some sewing this aft.

Lovely drawing Kev, they will be pleased! I'll check out your painting in a bit.

I like your bird sketch, JJ, nice work!

Cute photo, Geoff!

Sorry your knee is still such a nuisance, Darla, I don't like the ibuprofen for long either, it won't help your tummy. Hope you get some news soon about a solution.

That's interesting, that the birds like the Swiss chard, Sylvia. I'll have to watch it when I have my garden plot here. Lots of finches around.

I'm glad your party got the best of the weather, Char, sounds like a lot of fun! So you start your summer holiday tomorrow....I started mine this week too, I don't work in the gallery until September, as our summer student started this week.

But now the needs of the Village pick up, and I may do some interpretation there, on the quiet Sundays (not for the 2000+ visitor days, too exhausting!) as well as sewing for them.

Hi Uschi, Annie, Lulu, Doug! and all to come, have a good day.

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Maffet
06-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Hello ....
:D hi hi ... good Lulu! I will remember that. I am crispy. :-)
Hot day today. In prague centrum is +35 and they say tomorrown might be +38. Uaaaaaaaaauuuu!! Just two weeks ago I have been shaking in mountains dressed in two jumpers and double socks and my brother was nearly lost in snowstorm during glacier trip. Than was Prague washed by extreme rain and now we have tropic days and city is is like one big hot oven.

Not painting too much these days. I have some sketches I did on my journeys, but no finished picture except one two months old which is already out on book and last week we had christening show. I am a bit lazy these days and also busy with different events with harp and friends.

shipbroker
06-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Nice to hear from you Jana.

Friends just got back from staying in Luxemburg & Germany and complained of how cold it was and how wet.....they went up to the Baltic near Kiel and said it was warm up there! UK hot mostly but storms due tomorrow.

geoff

Kev..loved the beagle.

Yorky
06-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi Jana, good to see you. It's a lovely day here with temperatures around 23C and not a cloud in the sky. I am watching a blackbird spread it's wings flat on the patio to attract ants, a regular occurrence in the summer.

Wonderful Kookaburra sketch JJ, Beagle Kev.

Had my hearing aids adjusted and they are much better now.

Glad you got the sun for your party Char. The sun shines on the righteous :)

Lynn, massaging a bruise leg doesn't sound good to me :eek:

Doug

WthrLady
06-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Good Morning everyone!
Thinking of Henry and Leslie today.
Cruising around the countryside lately. OH my, there are some lovely photo ops here, as well as some great plein air sit downs.
Flying though today, but here are some shots to play with :)

Local teeny post office.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2013/385681-20130613_114926small.jpg Cool underground house atop a hill about two miles from my house.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2013/385681-20130613_115200small.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2013/385681-20130614_195256small.jpgAnd of course you cannot have a post of photos from me without a great weather shot. :clap: By the twitching of my thumb...... actually not even a drop of rain, but it's still a pretty shelf cloud.

Have a great day all.

JudyL
06-19-2013, 12:25 PM
:wave:
9 AM here, about to go for my morning walk, (1 mile +) gotten in the habit, but needs to happen early, this IS Sacramento Valley.

Really not much to report but, hey I lived in the UK and they DO have a summer I recall one summer in London, 83 F and I thought I would DIE! :eek: and people were dropping like flies! Now understand, I had just left Sacramento where it was 107!

mustache
BBL

Uschi
06-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Home again, had my lunch, resting, still a GORGEOUS day and I will go out into it soon.

While resting spent some time looking at the most amazing watercolours. The Transparent Watercolour Society of America exhibition of which our Ona is one of them. Thrill yourself and look HERE (http://www.watercolors.org/exhibitions/2013/M_Rotach.html)

Lynn, oh dear, about the bruises, enjoy your massage!!

Char, :clap: :clap: :clap: for your successful and sunny party!!!! It will feel great being free for two whole months!!

Caryl, lovely photos, nice weather, well except for that one:)

Jana, my Austrian friend told me all about the weather, this year you really are getting the "most" of everything.

Darla, sorry your knee hurts so much, also sorry for your coworker. Glad your insurance is covering everything again, will your preiums go up substantially because of it??? Oh, and did any of us here mention the availability of knee braces and canes:evil: :D

Sylvia, I should plant some of that chard in my flower garden so I can watch the finches. They also devour the Bachelor Buttons and talking of devouring, that cute little chipmonk in my garden ate every one of 6 large headed Marygolds I planted a couple of days ago :mad:

Doug, so good that your hearing aids feel better!!

Hi Judy and Geoff!!

:wave: Uschi

LynnM
06-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Hi Jana, good to see you. That's a quick turnaround for the book.

Actually, Doug, she did wonders for my leg, carefully avoiding the bruises and working on the other available parts! and my back too, and neck....I am so glad I finally gave in and tried this therapy.

Interesting cloud, Caryl, great that you've already found some good painting spots.

Hi Judy!

I did enjoy it :D and she used a rub with arnica that cools the skin and took the ache out of my knee. She knows what she is doing.

edit: thanks, Uschi, for that link, wonderful work there!

Yorky
06-19-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm pleased it worked for you Lynn.:thumbsup:

Doug

painterbear
06-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Uschi,
If you enjoy watching finches, definitely put some swiss chard in the garden where you can see them through a window. They are so light, they sit on a swiss chard leaf and eat and eat and eat. When they are done, the leaf looks like lace. :D

Lynn, That massage sounds wonderful. I have an appointment next Wednesday to see about some physical therapy for my arthritic right knee. I don't think it is the same as what you got today though. More like specific exercises to do rather than massage. Glad yours worked so well today.

Caryl, Great photos. Love the one of the shelf cloud. Our weather people like to show them too, I've not seen one personally though.

Darla, Sorry about your workmate's husband passing like that. You are right, everyone needs to adjust to losing a loved one at their own rate. I'm glad your Mom is doing better. Glad things went so well with the insurance adjustor. :thumbsup: Have you tried using Advil for your paint? You only need to take two a day.

Char, Wow, some time for yourself to enjoy painting without having to be somewhere showing others how to paint. :D So glad your dinner party went so well and Mother Nature smiled on it. :thumbsup:

Doug, Can you hear me now? Remember that commercial that ran several years ago? Maybe you didn't have them in the UK...the pitchman would go from place to place saying "Can you hear me now?" I think he was selling mobile phones.

:wave: to all who were here between my visits.

SYL,

Sylvia

JudyL
06-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey, I did take a stroll through the Transparent Watercolor Society of America exhibition, and it was wonderful, I especially loved Ona's!

Now off to do something!

laudesan
06-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat Beagle painting Kev!!!!!

Neat photos Caryl, especially the shelf cloud.

(((Lynn)))

Henry thing of you and yours ..

It am cold, going to have a hot shower to warm up and have to go out and get supplies for housemate that he forgot to get yesterday..