PDA

View Full Version : Mugshot Inside/Outside

lobsterpot
06-18-2013, 05:39 AM
This is a digitally enhanced mugshot taken off a police site. What she looks like and possibly how she feels. C^C invited

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jun-2013/1144347-small_napper.jpg

Jon
06-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Personally, I am uncomfortable using mugshots like this because, while they may be public record, mugshots are taken of anyone arrested, but arrest does not equal guilt.

lobsterpot
06-18-2013, 11:26 AM
JON--the use of mugshots is legal and "A mug shot is considered a public record and can be legally published."

It doesn't indicate guilt or innocence--only that the person was arrested for a crime. For the right price I'll show you mine--nah, I won't do that.

But I appreciate your concern and may be done with that source of images--my wife hates then too!

Jon
06-18-2013, 04:48 PM
I have never had a mug shot taken, but there are a few photographs in general throughout my life I would rather not revisit- one eye closed, hair askew, and so on. :lol:

lobsterpot
06-19-2013, 05:28 AM
Being arrested (I was for jumping the subway turnstyle in NYC on the day of the protest against fare hikes) and being fingerprinted with a mugshot taken is something everyone should do at least once to see how the system actually works. OTOH it ain't no fun!

stampedes
06-19-2013, 09:27 PM
using someone's picture without their permission, especially taken from a context that is far less than flattering or empowering, could be considered exploitative.

lobsterpot
06-20-2013, 04:56 AM
"A mug shot is considered a public record and can be legally published."

Look up the law yourself.