PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise

Bluto317
06-17-2013, 11:42 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2013/1215231-image.jpg

8 x 24 acrylic on canvas using color and texture. Trying to break away from some of the previous more subtle tones I've been using. Again covering over a not so pleasant previous piece to create additional texture.
Comments are welcome.

Jon
06-18-2013, 04:51 PM
I might have titled this one forest fire because that is what instantly came to my mind when I opened the thread. You have created a sense of movement, heat, and danger in this one.

Trying to break away from some of the previous more subtle tones I've been usingI always enjoy seeing artists experiment!

birdhs
06-18-2013, 11:16 PM
In reference to this article in a recent Artist's Magazine:

http://www.artistsnetwork.com/articles/art-demos-techniques/progression-of-heavenly-hues-a-pastel-step-by-step-demo

I do not believe these colors are sunrise / sunset-like.

But I do like the painting,
just not the title.

Even in Abstract work, I like the colors used to be connected to the object.

In non-objective abstracts, what does it matter?

Thanx 4 sharing this with us.

greggo

Bluto317
06-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks to you both.
In regards to the title I seem to struggle with that at times. In this case I'll explain my reasoning right or wrong.
A friend mentioned to me that's seemed to be using the same colors a lot. So my last post prior to this one was called shadow of the day. It was inspired by a song that states '....embrace the world in grey and the sun will set for you' and used grey, black and white with some peeks of red showing through.
So this painting I thought of as a new start using a different approach and more vibrant colors. A new beginning. A sunrise.
Not sure if that is the best way to come up with a title or if im explaining my intent correctly but either way i agree there are probably better ones out there.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it.

andrewss
06-24-2013, 04:25 AM
I like this piece regardless of the title it has finesse, keep it up :)

noirell
06-24-2013, 07:59 AM
I like this one. Turn it sideways and it does speak sunrise to me as it looks like how water looks when the sun is rising here on the ocean. Love it..