PDA

View Full Version : Composition 6

illastrat
06-17-2013, 06:02 PM
i want some brutally honest criticism. How is this?

alangraham
06-17-2013, 08:38 PM
I actually like this for the most part. The background looks good with the green and red. The woman is nice as well, and the loose way you painted her works. My only crit is her face followed by her right armpit.

The face is intense and harsh. I'd like to see it softened up a bit. The armpit area seems to large.

Jon
06-17-2013, 10:57 PM
I cannot add much as Cory has stated my thoughts before I arrived. I think this works and reflects your style very well.

accessdi
06-17-2013, 11:09 PM
I like it a lot. For whatever reason I want to see more detail on the body, but I might be wrong.

birdhs
06-18-2013, 12:22 AM
She seems to be very loose and carefree, a happy person.

Vibrant background colors almost overpower the figure, but seem to balance out from a distance

Thanx again for sharing your art with us

greggo

trufflecat
06-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Great composition and expressive feeling. The drawing is loose, so little details of armpits etc. don't worry me. I like the background too. She has a mixed race look with her tummy and thighs so white, or is that meant to be light shining on those areas?

ShaunGa
06-19-2013, 12:15 AM
I wish the face could also reflect the beauty I see in the body and background.

Shaun

Jody Schmidt
06-19-2013, 10:07 AM
I like this a lot. Particularly the left arm, where your stylistic bright colored striped highlights over darker color fields suggests an x-ray of the underlying bone. Are you in a semi-conscious zone when you add the highlights? Cause they make the difference between your paintings and others, and are a true indicator of your style. Don't want you to become too self-aware of them, but they are a deep part of your depictions at this point, so you probably already are, and they almost always work very well.

The pure abstract background also works well and the increasing anatomical realism/detail from toe to top is effective. It almost makes the face, which is the most detailed aspect of this painting, counterbalance your lower-right signature. As always, nicely done.

Lee Gale
06-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Really like this! Love the torso. How would it look for the colors of the
torso and legs used for the face and arms?