PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seeing slowness/problems on the Dick Blick site?

Undergoose
06-17-2013, 12:01 PM
For a couple of days now, I've been seeing some serious lag on the DB site when drilling into product pages, is anyone else experiencing this? All of the search/browse categories work fine, then monster churn time when going to an actual product. Most recently noticed when trying to look at specs on the Koh-i-noor Rapidograph stuff.

Also, I haven't been able to view product reviews for anything on that site, from multiple machines, OS's, browsers and devices, logged in or out.

Some sort of maintenance or 'upgrade' (or possible developer error), maybe.

Mayberry
06-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I was browsing Dick Blick a bit last night. Some of the images didn't load, including their current sales promotion, so I figured they were in the midst of making changes. Loading specific products was really, really slow too, though sometimes I can't tell if that's because of the website or because of my slow computer. But if it's a Sunday night, I tend to think it's the website doing updates. It seems much faster today.

CallMeCordelia
06-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Yep, I had the same troubles, over the weekend. It was very slow and almost none of the product images would come up, at all. I am so glad that it is alright, now.

Noelle

Dragoon
06-17-2013, 08:06 PM
when trying to look at specs on the Koh-i-noor Rapidograph stuff.

Oh no, Karl!
Step back!
Back away from the slippery slope of clogged pens and endless cleaning...oops, too late...well, tried to warn you...

(j/k)

Good luck!
D.

Undergoose
06-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Oh no, Karl!
Step back!
Back away from the slippery slope of clogged pens and endless cleaning...oops, too late...well, tried to warn you...

(j/k)

Good luck!
D.

LOL...remember I used to be a draftsman/technical artist before I jumped into the wonderful world of washes and splotches and big fat brushes? I was actually trying to find the pressure cleaning bulb.

I was able to rescue all my tech pens from their boxes after the studio burned down, but was only able to save 3 of my Koh-i-noors. :( Between the melting and the ink drying inside them, they were a mess. The ones I'm still using look like long, skinny toasted marshmallows. lol...the rest of them are just spare parts now, and ugly ones at that.

With the quality and price of the disposable stuff, I won't buy the Koh-i-noors again, they're just too high maintenance if not used daily. I'll keep up the ones I have for stippling and harder applications, but for anything else I'm just using Pitt, Micron, Pelikan and Prismacolor. Even the Copic Multiliner SP's are kind of dumb to use, because replacing the nibs and cartridges cost more than buying a new disposable. They're pretty, though :)

DB site is working again for me now, too, reviews are viewable and the speed is back

Shirl Parker
06-18-2013, 09:03 AM
I phoned DB and told them about this message so they could look into it.

Blick Art Materials
06-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi Everyone.

We were having some website issues as several of you noticed. Everything should be resolved and back to normal now, although if you notice any other issues, please don't hesitate to let us know. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you all for your concern!

Andrea