PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Thursday 13th June 2013 **

shipbroker
06-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Morning all.

Dull and has rained recently, hopefully golf at 8am.

JudyL , will you be coming back up North when you are over for the sport??

Bill, lovely pictures yesterday

Back later

geoff

Yorky
06-13-2013, 02:14 AM
Good morning Geoff and all to follow.

It rained here overnight but dry, cool and with a strong breeze now. Hope it stays dry for our trip to Gorey on the bus. I have to find the nearest bus stop.

Have a good day everyone. I beat them all at Scrabble and Chicken Foot last night :)

Doug

Doris345
06-13-2013, 03:04 AM
Hello Washers

Hi Doug and Geoff

Just dropping in real quickly to say hello.

Weather has not been the greatest = mostly cloudy and rainy = but that has not really affected me as I am doing a project with a close deadline, so I am pretty much chained to my desk.

Going to go now and catch up on the washes. BBL

Doris

p.s. Have not heard a word of thanks - or any other word - from my houseguests. Maybe they are mad at me :crossfingers:

doppler
06-13-2013, 04:33 AM
They were donkeys Doris. Forgive me all real donkeys, who are probably are realy nice and hoofed and four legged. And who don't drink the last of your milk ... they may have left a deposit!!!Not likely for that tight wad.Hope your friend decks him ... at some time.

Short week, Queens birthday, has ended. It was rather more busy than I wished.

Darla and Larry. You are both heroes. Going through all that travel and then ping in to work ??? ((((()))))) for both

painterbear
06-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 7:00 a.m. here in sopping wet Oakwood. Lots of Sturm und Drang last night...awakened at 2:00 a.m. with flashes of lightning illuminating our bedroom (through the rolled-down shades) and thunder booms and buckets of rain hitting the roof. Fortunately, we didn't get the high winds and hail that some areas were predicted to get. Hope Anita is doing OK this morning, she lives north of us and that is where the storms were supposed to be worse.

Our dinner last night was scrumptious. I do think this is my favorite way to have salmon:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2013/9833-salmon.jpg

It's there under the cucumbers. :D

Kay, I'm starting a WIP thread in the Studio on my painting of your glorious African violets photo. That will spur me on to actually work on it some more. ;)

Doris, Ditto to what Annie said about your house guests from Hades! Hope you get your project finished quickly and enjoyably.

Bill, I am enjoying your Rhododendron photos too. My Mom and Dad had a bush like the one you are caring for and it was gorgeous when covered in blossoms. That's what your photos are making me think of with great affection. :D

Doug, Hope the weather is nice for your trip today. :thumbsup: on your games victories.

Geoff, Enjoy your day on the links.

:wave: to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

LynnM
06-13-2013, 07:37 AM
:wave: Good day all! Rain here too, but no electrical display as far as I know. I hope the worst of it goes south. I want it nice for the weekend, as they are promising, as I am going to a Regency picnic and dance at an historic site in Toronto on Sunday. It will be fun to dress up and have a 'repast' under the shade of a tree and dance on the green by Colbourne Lodge (http://www.toronto.ca/culture/museums/colborne-history.htm) Mind you, it is not quite Regency, being built in the first year of Victoria's reign, but it is historic :rolleyes: And they were still doing these dances in 1837.

In the meantime, I have to recover from events yesterday before I do any dancing. I made a real prat of myself yesterday walking briskly down the hill to town, on the gravel path instead of the safe sidewalk as I usually do....fell flat on my face and skidded to a stop.

It was wonderful to hear a voice saying 'are you all right?' and a young man was bending over me. He and his mother helped me up, with their car stopped in the middle of the road and flashers going, and then kindly drove me to my appointment (with my massage therapist, thank goodness!) Those good Samaritans should get credit for two good deeds at least :thumbsup:

My therapist gave me a gentle working over, and my neck is not too bad today. Other parts are a bit scraped, and I thought something was broken in my knee, but miraculously (the ice helped!) this morning I can bend it and the swelling is down. What an idiot I am :eek:

I knew that path on the other side of the road was not safe, but I was trying for the bus stop on that side as I was a bit late for my appt. and thought I might just get there in time for the bus......no such luck! Usually I am more careful than that, so this is a vigorous reminder that I need to watch my step.

And there was some other luck involved. Another young man had stopped his truck on the other side of the road and ran across, saying 'there's something under your car' and he reached in and pulled out my cell phone! I had been walking with it in my hand, checking the time, and it flew out into the road when I fell. Needless to say I will be taking the sidewalk next time!

Lovely photos, Bill! We had a garden of rhodos and azaleas out in West Vancouver, and I do miss them here. However there is a super plantation at our Botanical Gardens, thanks for the reminder to go and have a look at it now.

That photo reminds me that I made poached salmon yesterday and still have some in the fridge, looks delicious, Sylvia!

Greetings to all here and all to come, have a rewarding day!
:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Scene Chaser
06-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Good Day All,

Still cloudy and wet here. We didn't get the thunder and wind they got south of us. Climate change.

Hope the golf went well, Geoff.

Doris, you can't bame them for being mad. After all, the strawberries weren't ripe enough and they had to pay you the forty dollars they owed you. :lol:

Lynn, I do hope you aren't going to discover more injuries. My gosh, what a scare. How nice there were such good people there to help you. Hope you can dance tonight.

Sylvia I like salmon with a sauce, too. Yours looks delicious. Do you put horseradish in your sauce?

Hope it's dry enough for me later to get some yard work done. I bought some onion sets yesterday to plant, too.

Bill

shipbroker
06-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Lynn.....lucky girl...hope you are OK now?

We got the rain clouds about half way round the golf course and my legs didn't want any more anyway...so we left it till next week.

Sun bright and shiny here now, no rain since 8am but we are about 30 miles from the course....

Horseradish is ideal with smoked fish especially, love it with Mackerel and Trout..

geoff

olliewood0702
06-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm a bit tired this morning...we had severe storms roll through here last night just after Larry and I went to bed. The lightning was a show in itself but we got rain in buckets...well needless to say our basement has flooded yet once again.:crying: This is the THIRD time in the 10 years we've lived here and I'm ready now to sell and move. UN-REAL! This last sump pump we bought had a LIFETIME warranty. Poor Larry was up all night and had to take the day off (which he doesn't have many left). He made me go to bed as I had to work this morning.

Last evening my knee was just throbbing and swollen and red and hot. I put ice on it, took some ibuprofen and went to bed. I don't think I will be able to wear any type of shoe with a raised heel. I'm now thinking that I did something pretty bad.:( I have it propped up now here at my desk. I'm going to see my Orthopedic surgeon on Monday. I only hope I didn't make it worse by walking so much on it.

I called my Mom last evening to fill her in on our vacation. She's coming down state to visit us with my brother and wife; next Wednesday. They are taking their daughter to visit Michigan State University because she will be enrolling there for Fall semester. So I REALLY need to clean my house and don't know how I'm going to do it with my bum leg.:rolleyes: It'll be nice to have her.

Geoff, I never noticed if the windows had screens but now that I think of it, I don't believe I saw any. We'd be carried away with bugs without them.:o

Hello there Annie, yup...straight away off to work that's us.:rolleyes:

Doris, that is rude for your houseguests not to thank you in some way.

Oh OUCH Lynn, I'm glad you had such nice good samaritains to help you out. I do hope you don't have any lingering pain from your fall.

Sylvia, salmon....yum. Your meal looks delish! I don't know how to make poached salmon.

Doug, it sounds like you are having a GREAT time!

Bill, poor Larry was planning on doing more yard work tonight but he'll instead be gutting the basement once again.:o

It's dull and gray still this morning but it looks like the sun is trying to come out. Some places got hail and strong winds last night; many streets are flooded.

Jen wants to get some fresh strawberries this weekend so I'm thinking of having her pick me up some too.:thumbsup:

I hope you all have a great day!

Hugs,
Darla:grouphug: :wave:

Uschi
06-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Good Morning!!

Rained here too and we might get more, high of only 21C, suites me just fine:thumbsup:

Had a little browse through some nurseries and found a wonderful, mature white columbine. I had been looking for a white one for a long time so I had to buy it:D Will plant it and a few other things this morning if it isn't raining.

I never made it to the movie last night, Rita wanted to come along but couldn't make it until tonight, so going tonight at 9:00 p.m. I really don't like to go that late but the only chance left to see it.

Playing scrabble with the ladies in the afternoon and eating cake, of course:thumbsup:

Doug, I hope I'll do as well as you did with the scrabble. Good for you!!!!! Enjoy your tour!!

((((((Lynn)))))) oh gosch, that must have been quite the fall. Nothing broken - unorthodox way to find out that your bones are still good and strong:) :evil: :thumbsup: So glad that these nice people were there to help you:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Doris, you must realize that these people were totally unaware of their objectionable behaviour and therefore couldn't understand why their vacation was cut short when they were outsted by your son. I am sure that to their thinking you should apologize for that:lol: :lol:

Sylvia, that dinner looks delicious, good thing it is morning or I'd grab it off the screen:) Glad the storm wasn't too bad.

Geoff, I hope the golf was a "go".

:wave: to Annie, Bill and all yet to come!!! Wishing you all a good day/night and :grouphug: and healing to our sick friends.

Uschi

Uschi
06-13-2013, 08:52 AM
(((((((((((Darla)))))))))))) I am sooooo sorry about your flooded basement. Maybe the hydro went out at some point and that stopped the sump pump from working????????????????

Also so sorry that your knee isn't getting better now that you aren't walking on it so much. Walking on it sooooo much after being injured certainly wouldn't have helped. I hope it can be healed easily, in the meantime DO get a cane, it makes a huge difference to the pain and to you continuously aggrevating it.

Uschi

wcartistsr
06-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Checking in. We avoided the heavy rain here. Sunny this morning. Don came down with a cold this morning. Hope I don't get it. We rarely get colds.

Darla-So sorry about your basement. Did the sump pump quit working? We have a second backup one on our basement that runs off the city water system if the electricity goes out. You might want to look into that if it is possible where you live. Although it costs to install it, it would save you money in the long run and give you peace of mind. Hope your knee turns out for the best. At least you will find out the damage and hopefully rest and therapy will resolve it.

Sylvia, your dinner looks so good and refreshing.

I plan to get at the mending that didn't get done yesterday and also do a little yard work.

Shirley

CharM
06-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Good morning One and All... it's gently raining in SW Ontario and a little breezy. We escaped the more severe effects of this weather system.

Yesterday afternoon's Class was fun. Everyone is working hard and will definitely finish in our last class of the session next week. Two Gallery Curators monitored my class and they were shocked by the *success rate* of all the paintings in progress... I guess I was surprised that they were surprised... The whole intent is for people to take something home they'll be proud to hang on a wall in their homes...

I plan to work on my bee today... he's nearing his finish and I'm excited to work on his background elements so I can get him varnished.

This weather is wreaking havoc with my metal... :(

Geoff, I hope you managed to get a round of golf in...

Doug... of course you did! :lol:

Doris, I hope those chains don't chaffe. I'd be willing to bet you'll never hear from your *friends* again... sad but true...

:lol: Annie... calling them donkeys is an insult to donkeys...

Your dinner looks good, Sylvia... I loved grilled salmon with bearnaise...

((Lynn)) Sheesh... How scary to have more than your pride injured!!!!! How lucky that your cell phone was found... I sure hope you heal quickly...

Bill, I was reading a recipe this morning for horseradish that's made with red beets! You can post as many photos of your flowers as you like... I love them!

Did you know that wasabi (here in North America) is nothing more than horseradish dyed green?

Oh ((((Darla))))... I'm SO sorry to read your post... Thank goodness you were home to be able to deal with the water right away... I shudder to think if it had happened while you were away and sat there all this time. Yes, you'd better get that knee of yours looked at asap. Your Mother is visiting YOU, not your house... don't worry about how spiffy clean it looks.

Uschi, I love your positive outlook over Lynn's fall! And, you're so right about Doris' self-focused friends... they probably DO think they were wronged! Wow...

Hi Shirley... mending, eh? Can I send you mine? I haven't done it in absolute eons...

Thinking of absent friends... Lyn and Carolyn, you might consider checking in... and Hap... I wish the very best possible day for everyone!

painterbear
06-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Hi again,
It has started raining again after a couple hours hiatus, but no hail in Oakwood although it is in the area. :o

Glad you think my salmon looks good...it was. Bill, my sauce was made with Hellman's Mayonnaise, plain yogurt, a bit of the poaching liquid to make it thinner; minced Vidalia onion and cucumber (that's the little bits you see in it) and dried dill weed. No horseradish. ;)

Darla, I'm so sorry your knee is giving you so much trouble...can't you call the doctor and get seen today or tomorrow on an emergency basis??? Maybe they can fit you in between other patients. I do think you need to stay off it as much as possible before you do even more damage to it. :eek:
You can poach a fillet of fish in water, but I make a flavored poaching liquid with a bottle of clam juice, a cup or so of white wine, slices of half a lemon and onion. Simmer it together for five to ten minutes then add the fish and simmer for about 9 minutes till it is done. Remove from the liquid, take off the skin and dark stuff under it and cover and put in the fridge til time to serve. Strain the poaching liquid and freeze to use again...it just gets tastier the more you use it. Add water if needed to cover the fish. :D

Lynn, Ouch, what a shock that fall must have been to you. Isn't it awful when you feel yourself beginning to go down and you can't stop yourself. :eek: So glad you had such Good Samaritans to help you. :thumbsup: for them. Hope all this rain we are sending East is over and done with before your party this weekend.

Uschi, Wish I had a group to play Scrabble with, lucky you. :thumbsup: on finding the white columbine...they are such beautiful flowers.

UhhhOhhh just heard some thunder so will have to shut down the computer again.

SYL,

Sylvia

LynnM
06-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks so much, everyone, for your kind thoughts, yes, I was lucky not to get a serious break, and lucky too to get the phone back undamaged. Thanks for that positive twist on it, Uschi!

I'm OK now, Geoff, pretty much. I am sore and get pretty stiff if I sit for a while, but the human body is amazing, isn't it!

I did see the doctor yesterday afternoon, and by that time I could touch my knee without alarming pain. I felt like a bit of an idiot for coming in, as he said nothing is out of place, just ice it and have patience... I must admit I have a headache, as it affected my neck (again!) but that's what I'm seeing the massage therapist for, so that will be ongoing.

Darla, I'm so sorry to hear about the flood, that is so frustrating for you. And do take care of your knee....I hope it isn't as bad as it sounds.

Yes, Sylvia, when you feel yourself going down and can't correct it is the worst feeling, and of course it was down hill so I hadn't a hope of catching myself.

No dancing tonight, Bill, but at least I should be able to go and be a spectator on Sunday, if not dance, I hope.

laudesan
06-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Good Morning, well it is just after midnight :o

A quick look in before I hit the sack...........

Hi everyone - one of the bears was back today, at about 1:50 pm - SIL thinks it's about 200 lb, but hard to tell without a reference. We noticed a doe in the field who was quite interested in something catty corner from it - sure enough it was the bear. I'll take rabbits and coons over bears any day - oh wait, we have both of those already, along with cougars and mink! Betty
Betty, you lead a very exciting life. :heart:

Yay Doug, the champion..

I absolutely adore salmon Sylvia. It must be wild Alaskan though..

:o Lynn :o :grouphug: :heart: Thanks for the link, I will check it out when I get up, over my morning coffee.

((((((((Darla)))))))) Have you made an appointment for your Dr yet?

Uschi, enjoy your movie..

Char, you must be very proud, your classes are such a success. I never doubted you. :) You are a good teacher. You taught me to paint cat fur. I didn't forget.. :heart:

Bill, beautiful flowers and bushes in your gardens. I enjoyed the photos too.

:wave:

Later.................

Scene Chaser
06-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi again, Itís turned out to be a beautiful day with a lot of sun and horses tails in the sky.

Darla, sorry to hear about your flooded basement. Itís always been a scare that it would happen to me someday. Iíve had several sump pumps over the years, but the real thing is the switch. Thatís what wears out more than the motor. Some years ago I bought a pump with a separate switch. They are two different machines, each plugging into the receptacle. I also set the bulb on the switch high so that the lines fill up rather than just the hole. That way it turns on less often. Iím keeping my fingers crossed for your knee. If I lived closer Iíd gladly mow your lawn.

Uschi, I would love a white comumbine. All mine are dark purple and one blue purple that I found in my ditch. Itís my favorite.

Shirley, no kissing Don. Hope you donít catch the cold.

Char, looking forward to seeing your bee painting. Glad the curators were so pleased.

Betty, wonderful to have bears and cougars. Be careful now, you know you make great food for them.

Hereís my purple columbine. They seeded last year and now I have even more plants.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2013/83119-columbine.JPG

Bill

LynnM
06-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks, JJ! and you will enjoy that link, I think the event should make for some good photos, I will have to remember to take my good camera.

Char, I forgot to say, shame on them for being surprised at your student's work, you bring them along so carefully, they are bound to feel a real sense of accomplishment at what they have done, and that builds confidence like nothing else. Be careful, they'll have you working 5 days a week if they could!

Lovely columbine, Bill, one of my favourite plants. I love the wild ones with the yellow and tangerine petals, too.

JudyL
06-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Hiya :wave:
Got up early, well earlier than yesterday :angel: and a good thing, got dressed for a walk, and the doorbell rang (almost never happens) and the kids Wine of the Month club was delivered, (it comes here as they both work)
Then Jack came down and saw I was dressed and ready to go and suggested I walk to Starbucks with him, :smug: a good thing as I was not sure which way to go, and *bucks is one mile away.
Feeling good today. Down one pound :clap:

Lynn, wow! and what nice people!

Doris, hopefully the "Guests from Hell" will not return, no great loss, but too bad a good friend hooked up with a jerk.

Doug, Geoff and all, you betcha! Main reason to go to the UK, we could not go all that way and NOT go to Knaresborough, and Harrogate, and Leeds? and York! Must go to The Minster and light a candle, oh and a meal at Betty's, Hannah's and The Marigold.

Oh how I wish we could fit a trip to The Lake District as well.

mustache BBL

Scene Chaser
06-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Lynn, this is for you. I dug these out of my woods and planted them near the deck. They reseed profusely and I have to pull some out like weeds, but they are a beautiful blossom.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2013/83119-coumbine_wild.JPG

Bill

shipbroker
06-13-2013, 12:39 PM
JudyL said;-
Oh how I wish we could fit a trip to The Lake District as well.

Why not do a Darla and do the Dales and The Lakes in one day....then a quickie across to Paris too!

Wait your dates Judy.....

Bill, nice pictures/flowers.

geoff

villagernb
06-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Good afternoon, Washers. A mix of sun and cloud this afternoon after yesterday's all-day deluge. It's still cool (expected high of 14C) and winds of 40 km per hour--more like early October than June.:crying: Terrible weather for those trying to grow vegetables; I gave up on those years ago--too many critters to fight off for my small share.

Our neighbours stopped by this morning with their black standard poodle, Sophie. :D We love Sophie, she is our vicarious dog! We had always had at least one dog and one cat (and often more than one of each) throughout our married life, but when our dearly beloved dog, Noddie, passed away five years ago after a long illness, we decided to see if we could survive for a while without a pet. We take it one day at a time; Sophie helps!:heart:

Sylvia, dinner looked nummy! I think I'll see if DH feels like tackling salmon tonight!

Oh, Lynn, I'm so glad you don't appear to have any serious injuries! The good people who helped you deserve medals. I hope you feel fine for dancing on the weekend-- the Lodge looks very inviting!

(((Darla))) I can only say that you and Larry are due for some very good luck! Perhaps you should buy a Lottery ticket?:confused:

Bill, lovely columbines, both tame and wild. We planted some this spring; I hope they "take" for us.
In Fredericton, we had undeveloped woods around our house, and occasionally we found a Lady's Slipper Orchid in the spring.

Char, no one who knows you would be at all surprised that your students are enjoying success!:thumbsup:
(you should save Bill's Columbines for another painting!):D

I'm heading out for a walk. I'll have to glue my hat on!

BBL

Anne

LynnM
06-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks, Bill, those are the ones!

Thanks, Anne and Judy, yes, they were real good Samaritans :heart:

Anne, my pets are vicarious ones too....my daughter has a cat that could be a Main Coon, and a friend has a lovely golden retriever, and I don't have to clean up after either of them :)

artmom
06-13-2013, 01:17 PM
:wave: everyone!

Char, I read the WASH every day, but my life is so dull I have nothing to share! Just rockin' along, same thing every day. Still don't go out much because it wipes me out for a couple of days, even if it's only a drive.

Hope all the bumps and bruises heal up soon. :crossfingers:

Darla, you should have seen a doctor in England or Scotland. I had to visit one when I was in Scotland and he was very helpful. Since you didn't seem to be listening to all the advice about canes and knee supports, I didn't figure you'd pay attention to me, either! :lol:

In August, Ed will stop teaching at the university. This will be his 3rd or 4th "retirement." :rolleyes: He will 77 in October, and has held some kind of paying job since age 11. :eek: Of course, he'll still be busy with some volunteer work. He does have to help me a lot more now, so it will not be quite so tiring for him.

I enjoy reading about everyone's daily life; and empathize, celebrate, and care about each and every one of you. :)

Lyn

kaypainter
06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Edit -- Lyn we don't care what you talk about. It's all interesting. Good to hear from you.

Darla please have Larry get you an ace bandage or a wrap around brace for your knee!!!! Wagging finger icon here. So sorry about your basement. I bet your house is beautiful just the way it is. Your family is there to see you not the house.

Char too bad you don't have a picture of their astonished faces to show us. No surprise to us. The weather isn't wreaking havoc with your metal it's wreaking havoc with you. The metal couldn't care less. Now there's an idea -- new joints with their own little computers that would heat up a little when the weather prompts. It's a goldmine!!!

:clap: :clap: Doug. Hope the weather holds for the rest of your trip.

Sylvia that looks delish. I'm afraid I'm too lazy to do anything more than stick stuff under the broiler. I put aluminum foil on the pan to make clean up easier. That's also how I do my asparagus. I broil whatever meat or fish I'm doing and while it is resting I roll the asparagus in the fat/oil and spices, broil a couple of minutes then turn a bit and a couple of more minutes. Later I just get rid of the foil. No pans to scrub. :D Will go check out the WIP.

Lynn how awful. Uschi is right; you are in one piece and you have your phone. You could probably walk the gravel, but staring at your phone for the time instead of watching where you're going could land you on a sidewalk as well as a gravel path. I know I've done it! :rolleyes: What lovely kind people.

Bill lovely columbine. I like the maroon ones and the yellow as well.

Shirley :crossfingers: you don't get Don's cold.

Doris he's an abuser and she's an enabler who needs help. Not much you can do unless she wants to change. He's an insult to humanity as well as others of the animal kingdom.

Anne it's easier if your husband picks it up at the grocery. Leave the tackling of fish to the bears. :D

Have had an up and down week. Great audition, no callback. Went to Kmart to pick up all the household "stuff" the other day. Got in line at the register. Went to pull out my checkbook. I'd forgotten it. It was too late to go home and come back. Had to leave everything. What a bore. Hate all that shopping. And now I have to do it all again. Sigh. On the upside -- the management bought new patio furniture! :eek: Now if only the'd heat the pool.

:wave: :wave: :wave: and HAWLTAIN

Kay

LynnM
06-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Nice to see you in, Lyn :heart:

Yes, Kay, I could walk it with care, but won't try for a while, at least! Sorry about the audition, and the shopping, one thing after another, I know it so well! During my escapade I discovered that, although the phone worked, I had forgotten to plug it in, so it was almost dead....just managed to get in calls to Dr. office and the taxi. Which reminds me, I forgot to put it on charge.......BBL

JudyL
06-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Ok, for all you "foodies" please check out the Ireland WW site,
( http://www.weightwatchers.ie/food/healthy-recipes.html ) This is the most lovely dessert I have seen in yonks' there is not fee to check out the site and that Lemon Meringue Semifreddo looks amazing! (need a drool icon here) only 3 points if you care. Just check out Weight Watchers Ireland and the click on the "go to recipe" and you can print it. This is one I will make this weekend if not sooner. :smug: And you can freeze the left overs, if any.

I had an aunt with a husband like that, a real B**t'rd I NEVER called him my uncle but my Aunt's husband. I think it was a symbiotic relationship.

Taking DGD (18th birthday) and DG to lunch, will be back later.

Do check out that recipe! :smug:

ona
06-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone

I see I was not missed as an absent friend Char:wink2: just kidding... I know you see me pop up on FB so its different:D I do read the wash most days though to see what you are all up to, just not until late in the evening so it never seems worth posting.

I'm off to Kenosha Winsconsin tomorrow bright and early:clap: It's the TWSA (Transparent Watercolor Society of America) celebration weekend and i'll be meeting up with Jane Freeman, Mary Jansen, Chris Beck, Kaaren Oreck, Marilyn Wear, Paul Jackson, Robyn Berry and many many more watercolour friends. Mary Marilyn and I get our awards too and best of all I get to be millimetres away from 80 fab watercolour paintings whenever i want for a whole weekend :smug:

(((hugs to those that are having a tough time)))

Ona

ona
06-13-2013, 03:05 PM
oh, i forgot to say Doug. Did you visit the pottery? It was in Gorey when we went but i think its moved to St Helier now. You used to be able to watch the pots being made and have a go too :) Not sure if you can now its moved. I used to love Jersey. It was only an short hop from Southampton so we went quite often and would just hire a car and pootle around

NancyR
06-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Good afternoon all. Summer is finally here with 90+ degree days. They had our office so cold, I had to pull out a blanket and sweatshirt to keep warm. I finally complained the head of facilities and asked for a heating panel to keep me warm. Temperature was finally adjusted. 69 degrees with 90+ outside is way too cold for me.

Darla, I am sure your mother will forgive you if the house isn't clean. Just keep the ice on it. Did you ever pick up a knee brace? I wore mine faithfully for a month the last time I twisted my knee; took my aleve, and it finally got back to my normal.

Lynn, Thank goodness they stopped to help you. I am glad that nothing was seriously hurt, and your phone was saved. Whenever that happens to me, I always look around to see who saw me fall because I am so embarrassed.

Kay, I love your idea of the small computer chip to heat up the artifical joints when the weather gets cold. Could probably do it with WiFi. There is a good invention to make you rich!

Anne, I only made it 13 months without a dog in the house. I don't know what I would do without our furbaby. Since I have not been feeling well, she is glued to my side everynight and comes and cuddles with me.

Lyn, :wave: I don't post every day either, but I do read the wash in the morning and before bed.

Bill, Love the columbines. I had to transplant mine to the heavy shade along with the fushia. They are starting to come back again.

Doris, Do not worry about your houseguests. I am just glad you got rid of them. I am glad that I have a small house without any room.

I visited Mom last night, and I could tell by her demeanor that she had something she wanted to tell me. So, I chit-chatted, and I could tell her wheels were turning. She finally broached the subject of moving back "home". She found out that her caretakers take jobs on the side and only charge $10 an hour. What she hasn't figured out is that she cannot afford it for 24 hours a day. I felt horrible telling her that she could not come back home, because I could not take care of her any more. Right now, everything is paid for by her VA Pension and Social Security. She would lose the VA Pension forever if she leaves Assisted Living.

Got to run. Hugs to all in need. Hello to everyone I did not reply to.

LynnM
06-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Thank goodness, Henry, so glad things are finally moving along.

Thanks, Nancy, in fact I didn't care, I was so shaken up. Just a blessing that they were there.

That's a shame about your mum, Nancy, and even if she could afford it, it would be very difficult for you, there's only so much a body can do. I know my mum felt bad when it came time for her mother to go into care, but it was beyond her capacity to do it any more.