PDA

View Full Version : Close my eyes and see my soul

rocky alexander
06-11-2013, 02:52 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jun-2013/1257696-latest_painting.jpg
Hi Guys

Ive been working on this for the last week and Im fairly pleased with it but im striving to be the best I can so I was looking for some advice on things to improve, I have been looking at it so much that im becoming blind to all my faults and I have had some great advice on previous posts which have improved a few of my other pieces, I happy for you to be as brutally honest about it as it will only improve me. Cheers

Trumper
06-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Very nice.I take it the colour of the wall is the same all the way round the room as the background in the mirror is the same as the main background.

gebhm
06-11-2013, 04:04 PM
I like the work so far. Excellent job on the mirror. Two things I noticed right off. Her back at the scapula and spine are not quite correct. Your shadows make it appear that the spine is shifted right and the back muscle too large between the spine and scapula. Second the clavicle on her chest in the mirror appears to me to be to bright at this point. Take a look at the wrist and hand on the mirror. Seems a little off to me but I can not put a finger on why. I really like the concept and the way you are bringing it off. I would love to see it finished.

rocky alexander
06-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks for your reply, I have been concentrating on the figure and the reflection really Im not to sure where to go with the colours in reflection and background, any advice??

gebhm
06-11-2013, 04:18 PM
The best I can tell you is to remember the mirror shows what is behined her also. Right now the mirror looks transparent. With light hitting it it would appear lighter the the wall behined it. The wall behined her I would assume is the same as the rest of the walls in the room. However the mirror can and will reflect light. So the mirror reflects light back onto her front side making her appear brighter in the mirror if the light comes from behined her in any way. Second look also shows her chest appears flat.

rocky alexander
06-11-2013, 04:22 PM
I like the work so far. Excellent job on the mirror. Two things I noticed right off. Her back at the scapula and spine are not quite correct. Your shadows make it appear that the spine is shifted right and the back muscle too large between the spine and scapula. Second the clavicle on her chest in the mirror appears to me to be to bright at this point. Take a look at the wrist and hand on the mirror. Seems a little off to me but I can not put a finger on why. I really like the concept and the way you are bringing it off. I would love to see it finished.

Thanks gebhm, your right about the back that gives me something to work on so thanks for that, and also the wrist is off so I can sort that out to actually a part of the mirror shows behind the arm so that could be setting the arm and wrist off as its all merged with no definition. I will tone down the clavicle and soften it. I am pleased with the mirror so im glad you picked up on that.:thumbsup:

gebhm
06-11-2013, 04:26 PM
You painted it be proud of it! It may have some little imperfections but like I said I like it so far.