PDA

View Full Version : trapped!

designditz
09-12-2003, 08:17 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-12-2003/12528_mermaidinbottlefull_72_wet.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-12-2003/12528_mermaidinbottleclose2_72.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: trapped!
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Watercolor Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 14x17
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Lots of weird stuff going on here...acrylics,watercolor,watercolor pencils..lots of metallic accents... just felt crazy!! :)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything..nothing????????????

giniaad
09-12-2003, 08:34 PM
I have seen work like this
(colorful, fun stuff)
in nifty, cool, funky cafes in town
do you have any near you?

it makes me smile
like the detailed background
and the squiggles

party on

Paintonbrush
09-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Can I have some of what your having?
LOL
you always dream up fascinating and too fun scenarios.
Keep em coming
much enjoyment for all

designditz
09-12-2003, 09:35 PM
giniaad.. thanx! I ,had a blast doing it.. actually some of my other mermaids are at a litlle gallery in w.hollywood..my boyfriend said the same thing..."I have seen work like this
(colorful, fun stuff)"... funny! nice to know there are more folks like me who ride the special bus to the studio:)

Paintonbrush..sending you some now.. lol ! Thanx!!

Luzie
09-12-2003, 09:44 PM
I agree with the others, it's very appealing a "mood-picker-upper".
I think it suits you well to create more colorfull, it works well and it's a delight to see

Now who's gonna let her out?:D

bradbrains
09-12-2003, 09:49 PM
I like those squiggles. Maybe that would be a safe place to keep the Little Mermaid statue.

artbabe21
09-12-2003, 11:13 PM
that was a lot of detail work and very free & fun!

Have you ever seen journals by Sabrina Ward Harrison...'Spilling Open' is one...her loose free style is similar to yours. It's a published book you might want to check out...:)

Alan Cross
09-13-2003, 02:04 AM
Love the background but she does not look happy!
Alan :)

mattlart
09-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Paintonbrush
Can I have some of what your having?
LOL
you always dream up fascinating and too fun scenarios.
Keep em coming
much enjoyment for all

Here,here!:D

Rather than on a milk carton,..I'm envisioning a campaign on beer bottles........;."Have you seen this Mermaid"? ;)

Cheers,-Scott

designditz
09-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Luzie, thanx! I really enjoy this style! It just flows right out :)

bradbrains,The squiggles almost look like little golden snakes in real life...wasnt planning it...thanx!!

artbabe21,Yep you wouldnt know it by just looking but the backround took me as long or longer than the mermaid and bottle.. and I will pick up the book by Sabrina Ward Harrison, I have not heard of her...very interested in checking it out, Thanx!! :)

Alan Cross, You got that right!...but she is a mermaid...no fear of drowning..perhaps afraid of rehab :)... thanx!!

mattlart, The beer bottle campaign would never work..everyone would be too blitzed to clearly see the picture lol :)...thanx!!