PDA

View Full Version : wde 6 6 13 Red Hatters Luncheon

kordelia
06-10-2013, 02:57 PM
...we had a diner of this sort back in the day, back in Pokipsie NY... the sign read: Where Old Friends Meet"... I thought that was loverly ,,,,,this is 2 hrs on plain drawing paper, Pitt pens and some new Soho col pencils ... enjoyed it, thanx, galfriend.............it's been so long that I've participated, I couldn't remember how to scan on the new printer.... but.... here 'tis...

"YOU MAY NOT POST ATTACHMENTS"... is a picture an "attachment"????? I finished this Fri nite, thought I was maybe too tired and not getting it right, tried again Sat, Sun, and now it's Mon afternoon.............. MUM, somebody... whaz up??? :confused: ...(take this off, please... ) (altho, below THAT, it sez that I MAY edit my posts..... hahahahahaha) (for all the time I couldn't)..............

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jun-2013/22002-art_resting_6_04-006_800x662.jpg

Edit: A little magic dust and Kor's image appears!;) ... Maureen

RubyRedDog2
06-10-2013, 04:58 PM
I think that is where this diner was, on 9E, could have been Rheincliff. I'm not sure what is going on and why you can't post photo. Are you using the insert Photo icon?

Gail

crispur2005
06-11-2013, 04:47 AM
I hope you sort out the problem, I really want to see what you have created.

missswiss
06-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Me too Kor. I got mine on this week too.

Charlie's Mum
06-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Kor - I'll leave the thread so that when you do get the image uploaded I can move it to the first post.
Don't know what's been happening :confused:

A) Try the Uploader
b) try the 'Manage Attachments (see below your post box for that).

kordelia
06-11-2013, 07:46 PM
ok... am going to try for the 35th time... (welllll, about that....)everytime I try to do something in my pictures, THIS comes up instead so it's stuck someplace... I 'released' it as best I could, so maybe this time.... but, Mum, it stillll sez I cannot post attachments and I do NOT see that Manage line below here... I use that more than the photo thingy usually.... ok, leeme try:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jun-2013/22002-art_resting_6_04-006_800x662.jpg
YOWZA!! not as happy with the picture as I am with the patience and skill it took to finallllly get it on here.........:smug: ....... (clueless :confused:) (at one point I actually 'found' it, but on here it said couldn't because it was something like 12 MILLION bytes....???)

Scotkatidid
06-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Now Kor I know some RedHatters and they are not all on canes LOL - this is excellent, and too funny!!!

Greenbrier33
06-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Except they're not that old any more. :) Lovely line work and an intriguing interpretation.

Dave

"J"
06-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Very cute idea. I love your mind.

Noula
06-12-2013, 05:31 AM
Like, like! Great imagination.

connievanwinssen
06-12-2013, 06:50 AM
It's so good to see you here again, Kordelia! Hope your health problems are finally gone. I missed your funny stories and unique work:)

guilliame
06-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey Nonnie:wave: good to see you posting again:thumbsup: love your sketch:clap: 12 zillion bytes:eek: resize:) I tried to post a saved image the other day and it would not post,i re saved and then replaced it still wouldn't post,back and forth kept trying getting:confused: then I noticed the box which said gif files,my image was jpeg so I clicked on the box and got gif,jpeg all files,clicked on all files and away it went,it is the simple things:o

missswiss
06-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Yeah, glad you finally got it on and I love it, but hey, not all us red hatters are on canes yet. We have three in their 90's who still come, so maybe that keeps us young at heart. Now where is Helen?

eyepaint
06-12-2013, 01:33 PM
This is great!!

Rundun
06-12-2013, 03:16 PM
I just love what you did ,In fact you could frame it.Imelda

Charlie's Mum
06-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Added your image to post#1 Kor ...... intriguing drawing and love your humour with the hats!!!!!:lol:

Read Guilli's note - quite often recently people have had probs with their file extensions reading GIF instead of jpeg - he (and others) are not alone ........ I think some changes to the Browsers affected the linking and naming of files .... so yes, choose 'All files' when your selected file comes up in the window.
Why your permissions at the bottom of the page are not right, I don't know, but if it persists, I'll ask Doug to take a look at your permissions, so keep watch and let me know:)

skappy
06-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Very nice Kor!
Robert

crispur2005
06-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Well thank goodness for your patience and skill. The world does not have enough red hats nor people with the imagination and style to create them. Love it.

kordelia
06-13-2013, 01:44 PM
thanx, guys&gals.... feels like coming home...
yes, the health has improved 1000%... they never did find out what aggravated my breathing for 49WEEKS last year, but it seems to have worn itself out.... seriously!... we should all be so blessed.
i'm not a Red Hatter, tho I love the poem it's based on. I used the cane lady that was in the original pic, and just 'stenciled' her... and 90 IS the new 70, yanno............
and Guillls... yes, that was happening too.... the gif business instead of all files... the default is gif for some reason, so must remember to change it each time....
thanx again for dealing with me; must pop thru some more & comment... hope to get on more often now............
o, and no I do not show the Manage Att line anywhere :( anymore... :confused: but the box still shows IN BOLD that I caNNNNOT do attachments.......... but I can edit :smug:

Deano
06-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Glad ya made it through the problems, Kor! Now we can see the beautiful red hatters...and that's all that matters! :lol: Looks great!

RubyRedDog2
06-13-2013, 05:07 PM
I love it and glad it finally was posted, kept watching for it then had a couple busy days and didn't get on the cpt, just phone. You always make your art fun, cute doing the red hatters. Glad you are back again.

Gail

Scattykat
06-14-2013, 03:15 PM
hah - super duper :D

Lake of Trees
06-14-2013, 04:55 PM
I love the building perspective! Good job!

m50paul
06-15-2013, 07:15 AM
very nice I like the ink and colored pencil.....

rozzi
06-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Great stuff - I love the red hat convention. Good to see you here. Glad you are back with us.