PDA

View Full Version : Dambusters 70th anniversary , airfix tornado GR4 box art shoot

shadwell
06-10-2013, 10:55 AM
http://youtu.be/g8NhG6siFDg

NeilF92
06-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Brilliant bit of video - good shooting on Jamie's part - a bit tricky holding that big camera like that.

shadwell
06-10-2013, 05:36 PM
for sure Neil !! can't remember who it was now but there was a photographer around the 80's that gaffer taped his required camera settings in place then mounted the camera in an adapted weapons pod and used a long cable release with the camera set in the required position with a home made heath Robinson sighting device that worked really well , it was a little more work on the ground but it paid dividends for him in the air and he produced some superb shots !! and once airborne far easier than the method employed here ,, although still a shot I'd kill for the chance of doing !!

NeilF92
06-11-2013, 05:14 AM
I've driven along the shore of that loch several times and figured it would get some low level trade . Never happened while I was there of course but I had it logged as a possible backdrop for a painting . Most of the times I've been there it's been heavy overcast or rain . Would have been a favourite with the Buccaneers and Scimitars out of Lossie in the 60's I reckon.

Mark A Bufton
06-11-2013, 06:01 AM
Mate of mine flew GR4s with 617 I think ;-)

Thinking I need to model one.