PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Sunday 9th June 2013 **

shipbroker
06-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Morning all.

Birds just starting here as quite light now.

No great plans for today probably read the Sumday papers, do se gardening and watch the Canadian F1 Grand Prix from Montreal.

Back later

geoff

Yorky
06-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Just getting ready for breakfast. Then off to the German War Tunnels this morning. Weather dull.

Doug

doppler
06-09-2013, 04:06 AM
Hi Geoff

Hi Doug.Glad you are enjoying the Channel :thumbsup:

We had WONDERFUL guests today. Such a good time.

Now cogitating about dinner. Poi and cheeps I think

:wave: BBL if awake

painterbear
06-09-2013, 05:54 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to six in the a.m. here in just getting light Oakwood. Birds are singing their tribute to morning. We are inundated with birds of all kinds this year, many more than in the past.

I'm off to another art show this afternoon at the Dayton Society of Painters and Sculptors. Should be fun.

I'm drawing up my painting for class tomorrow. I am using the beautiful photo Kay posted a while ago of her African violets. Thanks Kay for saying we could use it. :D

Doug, Glad you are enjoying good weather for your vacation.

Annie, Good guests are always welcome (unlike the ones poor Doris had recently), eh. :D

Geoff, Sounds like a nice relaxing day ahead for you.

:wave: to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Uschi
06-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Good Morning!!!

It is going to be a beautiful day, sunny and temperature in the low 20C - PERFECT!!!!! Actually the same is expected for the whole week:thumbsup:

No big plans for today, will finally pull out the last Forget-me-nots and check the garden for other things that need doing.

I think this is also a perfect day for doing some bike riding and reading on the deck.

Doug, I guess you don't need great weather for looking at tunnels:) Enjoy!!

Annie, a good time with good friends - PERFECT!!!!!

Sylvia, I hope the exhibition is a good one!!

Geoff, while gardening don't forget to tell your clematis how beautiful it is:)

:wave: Uschi

Strawberry Wine
06-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Good Day Washers ! We have Blue skies! The sun is just rising above the tree tops and it is 13 C. It's going to be a great day :)

The camper is spiffy clean and just about ready for our first camping trip of the year. We will be heading out a week today for 5 days. I am looking forward to it.

Sylvia, I think the migrant birds are staying in your area (south) alittle longer than usual this year. With all the rain and colder temperatures I have yet to see a Warbler or a . Enjoy all the different varities and their lovely songs.

Bill, just a little mowing????, you do have a riding mower don't you? or is it the Mozzies keeping you inside. I think I may be able to get a little weeding done today. :thumbsup: I will have to spray though. :( That little clip on may work when the numbers drop but for now we need Deet or stay inside, and that is not going to happen. This is the worse year that we have had with mosquitos since 1993.

Doug, I love Vacation Buffet Breakfasts. They are my favourite meal of the day.

:wave: to Annie and Geoff.

Char, would you ask Ted if he would keep an eye out for a few of those water containers for us whenever he is at the transfer station. Please and Thanks. What a great idea. We can bring them home with us when we visit in July

Time to head outside with my 2nd cofee and properly greet the morning.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

CharM
06-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Good morning. The sun is shining brilliantly, cheering on the day! It won't get terribly warm, but that's ok.

We're going to pick up my Mother and then make the drive to my Sister's home in Waterford.

Nothing else on the agenda...

Henry, I'm so sorry that poor (((Lesley))) is having such a bad time of it.

That's an exciting race to watch, Geoff. Did you sleep well last night?

Doug, we watched a programme on PBS about Tom, Dick and Harry... the three tunnels dug for the Great Escape... it was truly fascinating to see how inventive, creative and determined the prisoners were in finding a making materials for these tunnels.

Poi, Annie???? Really? :)

What a nice day you have planned, Sylvia! I love African Violets...

It's not quite warm enough to enjoy the deck, here, Uschi... but it is sure tempting...

Not a problem, Gail... they work like a charm. I meant to say that I'm glad your tree removal went smoothly! That's such a big deal.

I have time to paint a little before we go, I think... I hope everyone has a great day.

LynnM
06-09-2013, 09:07 AM
:wave: Lovely day here too, birds and sun and no wind. Still recovering from yesterday.....laundry and sorting to do today.

Picture from yesterday, my DIL just posted it on FB.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jun-2013/97813-Family_photo.jpg

A bit fuzzy, cell phone photo but you get the idea.

Enjoy your painting, Char!

Hope you keep the mosquitos at bay Gail, they can be so annoying. I haven't noticed any here yet, even out walking yesterday....I don't think I move that fast! I guess we are just lucky here.

Enjoy your day, Uschi, sounds lovely!

That's a nice painting to work on, Sylvia, I kept the photo too.

Hi Annie, Doug, Geoff, and all to come, hope you all have a great day!
:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

shipbroker
06-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Sun now out although does feel a little like thunder, although none forecast.

Char, slept midnight till 3am...started the Wash at 3.33am....managed some more sleep before 7am though......but actually stayed in bed as my legs are aching and I don't think it's diabetic.........hey ho.

Off into garden/garage for an hour or so....just waiting for tea to brew.

geoff

Scene Chaser
06-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Good Day All,
A bright day but little sun. The crows are noisy, especially at Ms. Feral. The other birds are diving at them and chase them off.

Doug, is French spoken there? I see so many French names on Street View.

Gail, I love buffet breakfast, too. I always eat too much, though. So what? :)

I mow for about half an hour to forty-five minutes for exercise and leave more for the following day. I get a little too dizzy mowing too much.

Lynn, such a lovely photo. You look great!

Char, really loved your paintings.

I’ll mow some lawn and weed the garden. Still got some impatience to plant.
Bill

villagernb
06-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Good morning all.

Overcast and cool, with off-and-on drizzle hanging around after yesterday's daylong heavy rain. I haven't heard yet how many millimetres we had, but every pond and creek around was overflowing. The biting insects will be breeding like bunnies!:eek:

Gail, we decided to buy one of those clip-on bug repellants last week. My DH used it one evening when he was using his brush cutter in the ditch out front; he found it appeared to work, but it was a dry and sunny evening. The bugs are typically unbearable here in the evening whether it's wet or dry. Only the truly dedicated will even venture out for an evening walk around here. He plans to do some weeding in the garden this afternoon, so the device will have a test under different conditions!

Lynn, what a lovely photo of your very attractive family! Thank you for posting it. It made my day.:D What are your grandchildren's ages? I could not help but think that my son would have been reluctant to wear your grandson's costume at his age, but, my word, he looks so handsome! And your GD is just too cute! Do I remember correctly that you mentioned yesterday that next time she wants a purse like yours instead of a doll? (I would want both!):evil:

Doug, hope you and Ruth are enjoying your holiday.

Geoff, enjoy the car race; my son lived in Montreal for seven years. It is one of my favourite cities.

Char, enjoy your visit with your Mum and sister. Have fun painting.

Sylvia, enjoy the art show. BTW, we have at least seven hummingbirds in our yard at the feeders. There could even be more, but they are hard to count; (they refuse to wear their name tags!):wink2:

See You Later

Anne

LynnM
06-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Bill and Anne, I am happy to have a picture, so often I take the camera but in all the confusion never get a shot off. My son's cell phone came to the rescue.

Yes, Anne, she is pretty fashion conscious and was looking at the other children, we had 6 all together, and 5 were young ladies, all but my GD had the little purses. She looks shy and retiring in the photo....anything but! I think the local paper may have some photos later, there were a couple of official looking people snapping away.

My son quite enjoys the historical stuff, and he wants to encourage GS. Both the children are doing some modelling and this is good experience for them. They tried out for some Sesame Street filming that will happen in Toronto, and have got through the first audition, so they are excited about that.

villagernb
06-09-2013, 11:45 AM
These are great opportunities for your grandchildren, Lynn. They will have increased confidence and poise that will stand them in good stead later in life.

Anne

Yorky
06-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi folks, had an intersting visit to the German Hospital Tunnels, a history of the occupation of Jersey 1841-1945. This afternoon we went along to the beautiful Howard Davis Park with war graves of Allied servicemen. A wonderful range of flowers with 15 foot high Echiums in full bloom with their blue spires. Rounded off with tea in the Rose Garden Café.

Still dull but comfortable weather for pushing the wheelchair.

Doug

olliewood0702
06-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Hello everyone,

We had a late night last night and slept in this morning. Then we went to the shopping center. Josh had to buy his girlfriend something. We ate and are now at the hotel resting before dinner tonight.

We have to be up the wee hours of tomorrow morning for our journey home. Our vacation is over.:crying: but as Larry and I said we are ready. We just don't look forward to three flights and then a drive from Detroit where our car is. :rolleyes:

That pic is great Lynn ! A lovely family al in period costumes.:thumbsup:

Jen said they miss us and when she went to our house to check things Klaira went running looking for "Nana and Papa" :lol: She was disappointed that we weren't there.

Larry and I have Tuesday off then its back to work for us. The girls both made next years cheer leading squads. Their last day of school for summer is Wednesday.

My knee hasn't stopped hurting so I will need to make an appointment when I get home. It was a week ago this past Friday and its still so sore.

I hope you all have a most wonderful Sunday.

I probably won't have time tomorrow to check in but if I get a chance I will.

Good Day!:wave: :heart:

Yorky
06-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Safe journey Darla and make it a longer visit next time.

Great photo Lynn.

Doug

kaypainter
06-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Short wash so far. I would say everyone's hibernating, but it's the wrong time of year in two hemispheres. I guess everyone's gone on vacation.

Well I never got to the laundry. Did finally do some dishes, but spent most of the day reading the new Jack Reacher mystery by Lee Child called A Wanted Man. Finished it. Now I need some more books. :eek:

Doug your trip sounds so interesting. I love history and seeing historical sites/sights. :D

Lynn your family portrait is beautiful. You all look so handsome.

Sylvia I can't wait to see what you do with the African violets. I am thrilled to bits. Wish I could summon the energy to put stuff in the RIL, but I just don't seem to get to that stage. Here's some glads I bought at the market.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jun-2013/130068-IMG_2062.jpeg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jun-2013/130068-IMG_2065.jpeg

They're a little more purple in real life -- like iolite garnets. But if anyone wants to paint them yellow, orange or blue have at it.

(((((Henry & Lesley)))))) Thinking of you.

Bill I love impatiens. They are about the only flower I found that snails would not eat. And I love the English name for them -- Busy Lizzies.

Anne -- mosquitoes blecch! Here all standing water has to be removed or you can be cited as mosquitoes here carry the West Nile Virus.

Everyone else have a great day. I'm going to have to try harder to get that laundry done today. :rolleyes:

HAWLTAIN

:wave: :wave:
Kay

Uschi
06-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Testing

Uschi
06-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Testing

Hi, just a quick post.

I cleaned out my cookies and then couldn't get back in to WC. Wouldn't let me sign in. Then it let me sign in, but would kick me back out when I tried to get into Pallate talk. Then I finally got in but it kicks me out when I want to "reply". So I tried the "quick reply" and here I am:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I gardened until now, 1:30 p.m. and very soon am going to a baseball game. Both my sons play and I normally don't go because it is too hot, but wonderful today.

My solution about the mosquitos - I take an old rag, spray it with off, tuck it into the back of my pants and it seems to do the trick and it doesn't touch my skin.

Lynn, that picture is PRICELESS!! LOVE it and the costumes!! All of you look just wonderful!!

I better run because I have to have lunch before I go.

:wave: Uschi

Darla, wishing you a good trip back.

Ellen in Ont
06-09-2013, 02:18 PM
:wave: everyone,
One last nightshift tonight. I am going back to bed in a minute to try and get a bit more sleep.

Geoff - my son is in Montreal this weekend at the Grande Prix. :D

Beautiful day here today but I can't enjoy it. Off to try for more sleep.

shipbroker
06-09-2013, 03:11 PM
:wave: everyone,

Geoff - my son is in Montreal this weekend at the Grande Prix. :D

Looks a lovely day there Ellen and some great racing going on......

geoff

New Gamboge
06-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi everyone - Lynn your costumes are so beautiful! I forwarded the findings site to Amie's dad as he does kumihimo - he makes his own forms (sorry, forgot the correct name) so I've asked him to e-mail the plans to me and I'll forward them to you.

I have finally finished weeding the last patch of St. John's wort -it does keep coming back, but it is a lot weaker than when I started. Mr. Stubbi kept me company while I was working on the bank. My grass needs cutting also, but that will have to wait for another day, I really used my energy up today with 3 big wheelbarrow loads. While I was weeding near the road a tiny bunny hopped out and away.

For those of you who post family photos on the internet, you might want to check out this site (I posted it late the other day, so don't know if anyone saw it):

http://www.youtube.com/embed/N2vARzvWxwY?rel=0

Hugs for Henry & Lesley and Nipper - Darla hope your knee is better soon. Betty

Scene Chaser
06-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Darla, have a safe journey home. Get a wheel chair at the airport and they'll board you ahead of everyone else. Less pain that way.

Kay, have you read any of the Harry Bosch mysteries by Michael Connelly? Uschi turned me on to them. They all take place in L.A. You would probably know all the landmarks in the books. I'm only on my fifth. I love them.
Bill

kaypainter
06-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Bill I'm the one who turned Uschi on to Michael Connelly. :lol: :lol: :lol: I've read them all. Try Robert Crais. His books are also set in LA.

Kay

Scene Chaser
06-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks, Kay. I'll put him in line. :)
Bill

kaypainter
06-09-2013, 07:31 PM
I just printed out some resumes, and Opie will not stop staring at the printer waiting for it to make more noise and shoot things out of its insides. :lol: :lol:

Kay

WthrLady
06-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Flying in.
House totally unpacked and decorated except for the homeschool office. We are waiting for shelves, which should come tomorrow.

Studio is even done. I even managed to weed all the flower beds and install my yard art, plant tomatoes, and some container flowers. Needless to say, I am Exhausted!

I have a huge pile in the lower level for donation and the sofa co es next week. Phew.

They broke my weather station, so that set up is in hold as well.

Need to rest up and get back in to painting soon.