PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Bliss WIP

RCharleston
06-08-2013, 05:51 PM
This is a digital sketch that's in preparation for a possible large-ish charcoal work. Didn't know what the rules were for digital in the WIP section...If it's not allowed, could you please transfer it over to the digital section?

I'm seeking any comments & critique on this, particularly as applies to layout/composition and whether the content works for you thematically. Sorry for small image....just one of those unfortunate oversights.

Thanks...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2013/134997-Domestic_Bliss.jpg

La_
06-08-2013, 09:57 PM
it's a preliminary sketch, of course it's welcome in wip =)

comp works for me, it fits balanced, just squished enough.

content, i get 'trailer trash on meth-amphetamines' and if that's dog poop you've lost me completely.

curious of your intended message with it tho, do share?

la

RCharleston
06-08-2013, 11:26 PM
......curious of your intended message with it tho, do share?

la

I guess there's no message as such beyond a sort of sarcastic play upon the Grant Wood thing.....In my mind's eye, there's this couple -- both smiling contentedly as if they've at last found their very reason for existence within the confines of this mortgage du jour while she dotingly pours a bucket of mop water on his head (weakest point of this prep sketch?) and the hound in question, having made his contribution to the extreme-viewer-right of the composition, greets our gaze with that timeless, mindless-and-tongue-wagging, expression of Family Dog-ism.

Dana Design
06-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Keep us posted on this, ok? Looks interesting! (except for the poop)

InTheWoods
07-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Make the dude fatter because he looks like her son (not his wife). The mop is a little crowded there, perhaps he can be holding it. I like the studio portrait hanging on the wall and all the greys Strange and different.