PDA

View Full Version : Problem with WC start up screen

Mike3839
06-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Is anyone else having problems with their log on screen having a "ghost menu" showing up in the middle of the screen? I have a phantom menue with "ArtistsNetwork", Artist Daily", North Light Shop", "ArtistsNetwork.TV" and others showing up right down the middle of my screen. It started about 4 or so days ago.

Mike

CharM
06-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Mike, I now have a "Links" banner at the top of my screen with all those menu items... perhaps if you delete your browsing history, the banner will place itself where it actually now belongs. F+W are promoting themselves.

Mike3839
06-08-2013, 07:49 AM
I'll give that a try Char, thanks.

D'Lady
06-09-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm having the same trouble. It just started out of the blue a couple of days ago, and at first I thought it was my computer having problems.

It's covering all the links at the top of the page, so I can't click them; I only click the invisible banner, instead.

I cleared my cache, and made sure all my addons are updated, but it has made no difference.

Here's a screen shot, but I'm not sure it really shows the problem.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jun-2013/72261-banner_problem.jpg

Mike3839
06-09-2013, 06:22 AM
D'Lady, our problem was exactly the same. I say was, because I stumbled on a fix while testing the WC site on my wife's computer. Under the Tools drop down menu in Explorer the option of Compatability was checked, when I turned it off the Ghost Menu dissapeared. Now I'm not sure what else is effected by messing with this switch, I guess I'll see in time, then again.....who knows with electronics. Sometimes what is supposed to be just isn't.

Good Luck
Mike

D'Lady
06-09-2013, 02:34 PM
D'Lady, our problem was exactly the same. I say was, because I stumbled on a fix while testing the WC site on my wife's computer. Under the Tools drop down menu in Explorer the option of Compatability was checked, when I turned it off the Ghost Menu dissapeared. Now I'm not sure what else is effected by messing with this switch, I guess I'll see in time, then again.....who knows with electronics. Sometimes what is supposed to be just isn't.

Good Luck
Mike

That worked! Thank-you!

Emgee
06-11-2013, 03:37 AM
I look at WC on Windows XP. Was also irritated by the ghost list. (Thanks for the hint that one could do something about it.)
'Tools' - 'Compatibility View Settings'-in the box I took wet canvas off the list. DIDN'T WORK! then noticed at the bottom of box 'display all websites in compatibility mode'. unclicked IT WORKED!! Warned DH in case it has done something 'orrible to what he looks at!

emgee