PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Friday 7th June 2013 **

shipbroker
06-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Good Morning World.

Felt really tired so had early night, didn't work out as first awakening was before 0100, then fitful after that

Well caravan engineer came again last night and confirmed hitchlock unsafe and needs replacement before using so this next weeks holiday starting today has to be cancelled...... shame.

Weather overcast at present but forecast again very good.

Doug sorry your infection has returned in time for Jersey trip
Abigail, asparagus omlette sounds good to me

geoff

CharM
06-06-2013, 11:59 PM
So sorry about your caravan news and cancelled holiday, Geoff...

HUGE congratulations Uschi! Our very own Gold Medal Athlete...

((Doug))

Asparagus is still growing here in SW Ontario... and SO good!

Time for bed. I'll say g'nite to all and to all a Good Night! :wave:

Yorky
06-07-2013, 02:43 AM
Good morning all, another wonderful sunny morning here, not a cloud in the sky and already 13C/55F.

Welcome to Abigale to our throng :wave:

Congratulations Uschi on a multiple GOLDmedal performance :clap:

Shame about the caravan problem and missed holiday Geoff.

Well, we are packed and ready to go tomorrow at the crack of dawn.

Doug

Lulu
06-07-2013, 03:52 AM
Good evening everyone:wave:
A lovely sunny day here and the temperature got to 18C.
Busy with housework, laundry, then walking, visiting and gyming....

Where were you going Geoff?

Char, thankyou for your lovely comment (re my work) in yesterday's Wash. :heart:

Doug, have a fantastic holiday in Jersey! and please wish Ruth a very happy birthday on the 11th from us :heart:. No, I don't forget, because on that day in 2010 you took us to the airport to fly off to Ireland!

We are gearing up here for the rugby test between France and the All Blacks tomorrow night.
The last time we played them we only beat them by 1 point, but what a crucial one pointer! (The final of the Rugby World cup 20011).
This game will be interesting, lots of the top All Blacks are on sabbatical, or injured, and the French team is a young team........BUT we never ever underestimate them though.....

Uschi, you are an amazing lady!!! Congratulations!! :clap:

Better go and clean up from our dinner of chicken casserole and roast veges.

Have a great weekend everyone, wherever you live, whatever you are doing. :wave:

doppler
06-07-2013, 04:01 AM
Good evening all. Uschii is gold. No question.

Get the ear treated Doug and enjoy your holiday. Jusy ENJOY.Which you will :thumbsup:

Char up late to match Geoffs REALLY early. Sleep well both.

I did the shopping myself today, and the dump Just like old times. :smug: Treasure Island is really slipping these days. It , the shoppin, was not a whole lot less expensive but I can still blame Roger. Because I can. The joys of marriage. Don't worry we do not fight. He has his manfood :lol: We have fun.

And I cleaned out the raspberry canes before breakfast. :evil: It's the birds!!!! I cry.:lol: Got a few of the late tomatoes too. Mandarins ripe as well.

Bbl

Roun2it
06-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Mornin each ....... :wave:

........and :thumbsup: to Uschi our Golden Girl ......... :thumbsup:

Geoff so sorry to hear about the van and the cancelled holiday, but hey the sun is shining in Yorkshire so make the most of it ........ :thumbsup:

Doug get something done about that infection before you go ...... and remember be careful it can affect your balance.

Lulu the French are very cunning they need watching ..... good luck ......

Annie sounds like Chris and I, we trade punches but rarely fight .....

Well we have had a nice couple of days what with Chris' retirement then her 60th Birthday it has been hectic around here. The new carpets have been laid and look good so now need to get the house back to normal again.

........... then on Sunday we are having a small get together for Chris' birthday ....... BBQ is looking good as the weather is set to be fine.

OK got pots and hanging baskets to sort out this morning so must dash ....... :wave:

Doris345
06-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Good morning washers

Hi Lulu, I know nothing about that game.
Hi Annie.
Geoff, sorry to hear that your trip needs canceling. Hope the hitch repair goes easily (i.e., quick and cheap).
Doug - enjoy your sunny holiday.
Kev - how did the new little guy cope?
Char, you are killin' me - - first your $7 window cleaners, and now fresh asparagus. :envy: :envy:

Raining now, forcast is for 3 days of rain. My trip to the Rose Garden is canceled. Would like to hit the J.S. Sargeant exhibit anyway, as that will only stay until the end of the month, but I do have some time and a rainy day is not when to go to a museum during high tourist season.

My big concern is how long will roses stay in bloom once they hit their peak. And will all this rain deadhead them? Anyone know?

Oh dear, I may just have to snuggle in at home and have a lazy, indulgent day to myself. Oh poor me: "Please don't throw me in that briar patch." :angel:

See you all later

Doris

Yorky
06-07-2013, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the ear advice, it isn't earache, it is a sore spot inside the Tragus projection that the ear plug fits behind. It seems to be much better this morning after I put on some of mother's remedy "Lion Ointment" last night. Hope it stays that way, I really feel benefit from the new digital aids and would like to continue wearing them.

PS Sorry you are missing the rose garden trip Doris.

Doug

Lulu
06-07-2013, 05:28 AM
It seems to be much better this morning after I put on some of mother's remedy "Lion Ointment" last night.

So, you'll be off with a roar then Doug? :D

Doris, your roses will get damaged if you have heavy rain, but it could be worse you know..........you could have HIM still visiting.....haha

Char, I have had a window-cleaner for so long now.......I can't imagine doing it myself now!
Asparagus I love! but not the odiferous side-effects lol

Kev, please wish Chris a happy birthday from us. :heart: 60, wow, I was that once lol

btw John thinks the best way to diffuse any 'discussion' is to say 'Yes dear.......' and he uses selective deafness very well. :lol:
I can't imagine fighting though.:eek:

24 sleeps....

Ellen in Ont
06-07-2013, 05:33 AM
:wave: everyone,
Another day where I'm up at 4:30. :rolleyes: Not great when I'm nightshift all weekend. I'll have to get a good nap this afternoon.

I went out last night and bought some annuals for the pots around the garden and the tomato and zucchini plants. Not much selection in the stores right now although they say they are getting more in. I left them outside but the temp at the moment is 2. :rolleyes:

Uschi - congratulation on getting gold. :clap: You are amazing.

Geoff - sorry about your missed trip.

Char - yumm. Fresh asparagus.

Doug - have a safe trip.

Welcome Abigail. Soon you'll be as addicted to the morning wash as the rest of us.:D

Doris - a quiet day sounds great too.

Kev - changing rugs is a big job but well worth the work. Congratulations to Chris on her retirement and happy birthday to her.

Good morning to Lulu, Annie, and all who follow. I need a cup of coffee and get a start on my day. Have a great start to the weekend everyone.

painterbear
06-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just 6:30 a.m. here in Oakwood. Haven't checked the weather today, but the sky is filled with white clouds.

Nothing planned for today (except cleaning the downstairs :rolleyes:). Maybe I'll get my Pompeii ruins painting done. :D

Uschi, :thumbsup: on your Golden moments yesterday....notice that "s" to show you achieved gold more than once! Septuagenarians rule!!!! :D

Kev, Wishing your Chris a belated HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY! Like Lulu said ^^^, I was that age once upon a time too. ;) New carpets will spruce up your home. :D

Doug, Glad the Lion Ointment has helped your ear. That will make your vacation excursion more fun.

Doris, Wise move to go to the Museum when it will be less crowded...you want to be able to enjoy those JSSargent paintings peacefully. :D

Welcome Abigail, your asparagus frittata sounded yummy. Maybe I'll pick some up at the grocery store this weekend and have it for dinner one day next week. :D

Annie, It's good to do things on your own now and then, eh. ;) Being retired means getting used to a whole new way of living your lives for the retiree and the other person in the household, that's for sure. ;)

Geoff, Ahhhh, sorry you had to cancel your vacation journey this week. Hope you can get the hitch fixed up quickly so you can wander safely again.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

shipbroker
06-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Early Afternoon all....

Just read end of Thursdays Wash and many congratulations Uschi on your multiple Golds..

Yes Kev sun still shining here, too warm to work in garden at moment. We were going initially not far to Ripon till mid-week and then Northumberland staying in Beal & Amble for another 10 days...we may achieve some of this if the parts are available....

Doug...glad ear is mending..

geoff

LCPainterCat
06-07-2013, 07:19 AM
An Early morning greeting from here in Maryland. Like Geoff, I made the mistake of falling asleep too early (before 10 PM) Thursday evening) and woke up at about 3:00. I've caught up with some late day emails (I have to handle up to 125 or so a day in my volunteer moderator job -- Doug will know how that is -- and then did some data entry (Darla!) on the spreadsheets I keep, also for the volunteer job. My reward is to visit here now, and catch up with what's new : )

Doug:
I am so excited about your vacation -- and can't wait to learn what you and Ruth find on your visit to the Channel Islands! Are friends going along on this trip? What is your itinerary?
Heaven knows what mischief the Website will get into this time, when it realizes you are away!

Darla:
You wil forget the pain )althoug not tht you had it!) but you'll always remember with startling clarity this fabulous trip you're on! Not to worry about the weather here -- the storms mainly rain (lots of flooding expected up the east v oast today) but little serious wind. It is SO humid this morning, all that steamy air from Florida streaming in, along with expected several inches of rain. By your return it will all be over : ) If I were closer to Philly, I'd be at the airport to say "Hi" as you race through on your way home!

On being the Guest from H*l -- thank you , dear friends, for your assurance that I wasn't, really. The thing is, my Scottish hosts, really genuinely did think I was. They were dear friends of many years, and our relatinship never recovered. What I had to understand is that THEY truly thought I was thoughtless to bring this huge suitcase with me, but more seruiously, that tey absolutely believed in their medical theory --almost as if they had "drunk the Kool Aid," and as we know, if someone has an unshakable belief in any system: religion, politics, or medicine -- no amount of discussion will change his thinking.

Lynn M:
Amazing that you had such a coincidental experience with your heavy suitcase and a many storied walk-up -- and also in Scotland!
I do hope that you will be able to share photos from this show, with your son's family and your dear Granddaughter participating! A Family portrait in costume, please : )

Doris:
Giggling about your 22 floors with guaranteed elevator service for hauling a suitcase. If hanging by a belt or balancing on a hunk of wood 22 floors above the street is what is entailed for window cleaners chez-vous, then I don't think your window-cleaner's price is too high!!! 'fraid the heavy rains of Andrea may ruin the roses, but they should have another flush in a week or so : ) Envious of your Sargeant exhibit visit, but agree that a rainy Friday in high tourist season isn't your best shot at enjoying a leisurely visit. So snuggle in with Louie today, and enjoy a good book!

Kay:
You made great use of your birthday (or at least the day after) with your double museum visits. I have to admit, a bit sheepishly, that MY favorite place in Pasadena is Sur la Table. We have one right here about a mile from me, but 'tain't the same. <G> How decent of your UPS person to offer to meet you in the future so you won't have to wait all day for delivery of Esme's insulin. A birthday gift in itself : )
No wonder you felt depressed at saying good-bye to your friend who was (in a sense) leaving you behind with your postponed plan of departure for NYC. Have you always been a CA girl? If so, life in NY will be a shocking change!

Uschi:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOW! What a championship day!!!! : )
I forwarded your note about Vioxx to a -- um -- "Senior Official" at the Pharma that manufactured it. She replied that many of the physicians at the company had squirreled away large private stashes for their personal use before it was withdrawn. They have no fear over taking it. She laughed at how outdated your own carefully hoarded stash must be. I'm another of the frustrated Vioxx lovers, especially because my permanent cumadin Rx forbids any aspirin or NSAID use, ever, and Tylenol just doesn't help at all. My carefully rationed Vioxx doses are long gone.

Gail:
So many bad backs among us -- and so many attempts at relief with differing success. I'm sorry that your difficult surgery brought such disappointment.

Char:
I hope that a long visit to explore the wonderful, FREE Washington, D.C. museums and galleries will be back on the drawing board for your vacation next year. Just one thing: Can you put your teaching aside for a semester, and make that trip in October? That's the best weather of the year here. Spring is lovely, but unpredictable, and brings hoards of school visits and Cherry Blossom tourists which makes enjoying the museums a problem. Summer is just horribly hot and humid -- imagine your worst ever intensely blazing-sun, sultry, sweaty day -- and then make it fourteen in a row! October brings reliably warm, dry, blue-sky days and with schools in session, few tourists. : )

Hap:
If you're reading, can you please give us a quick wave as you dash through?

I think I'm ready for my early morning nap!
Cyber hugs and positive energy to all who could use them, especially to Henry and his Lesley!

Lynn/LC

olliewood0702
06-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Hello everyone.

It's another lovely day here in Scotland. Yesterday we visited three castles, saw the harbor and some countryside. Today Callum and Josh are working so Larry and I are having a lazy day and a bus ride later and walk in town. ;)

It's hard to believe that our vacation is almost over already. We fly out bright and early Monday morning. We've had a marvelous vacation and gorgeous weather.

Congratulations Uschi! We always new you were a winner.:thumbsup:

Kevin tell Chris congratulations on her retirement and Happy Belated Birthday.

Have a wonderful Holiday, Doug! I hope your sore ear heals quickly.

Geoff, I'm so sorry you've had to cancel your caravan adventure for the weekend.

Ellen, we are excited to see our garden and how much it's grown when we get home. We still need to get our flowers yet too. We are later than normal so I hope there are some left.

Thanks Lynn, I hope you're right about the weather for our flight home. I'm a nervous flyer anyway so clear skies would be nice.

I'm waving to all of you and wishing you ALL a very nice day/evening.:wave: :heart:

Yorky
06-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Hi Darla :wave: Glad your stay in Scotland is going well. I look forward to seeing your photos on your return.

Lynn, we fly out from Liverpool tomorrow morning and return in a week. We are on a tour staying in St Helier, the capital of Jersey. The our includes a full day and half day excursion and we have a lost of coach tours that we can order to pick us up at the hotel for the other days. We are taking Ruth's wheelchair. I hope to do some sketching while I am away.

I always smile at your profile location. If we drove inland for 3 hours we would cross the whole country in 2 and be in the North sea :lol: Liverpool on the Irish Sea to Hull on the North Sea are only 125 miles apart :D

Ear is much better, no soreness at all thanks Sylvia.

Just thoroughly watered all the flower pots in the garden.

Lulu :lol:

Still a beautiful day here.

Doug

Strawberry Wine
06-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Good Day Washers from another dull overcast morning. :(

It poured yesterday afternoon and most of the evening. Yesterday, I noticed that my small tomato plants lower leaves are yellowing due to lack of sun, warmth and way to much rain and have not grown more than a couple of inches since they were put in the ground. All the various "Greens" are doing well though.

Nancy, I missed what you did to your arm? I hope you heal quickly.

Lynn/LC. Thanks, for your kind comment on my unsuccessful back surgery. I knew the unofficial odds success of spinal fusions going in but felt that I did not have a choice any longer... Hind sight is 20/20 though, isn't it? I just get whingy when we get too many wet days together which intensifies all the bone, muscle and nerve pain. I am a much happier lady when the days are hot and sunny.

Uschi, Congratulations to you and your partners on multiple Gold Medals. :thumbsup:
Have you asked your pharmacist if there is a medication that has been developed that is reasonably close in composition to Viox without the one ingredient that was causing the issues?

Darla, I am so glad that you are having such a good time. The busier you are the faster the time goes by... Hoping you and Larry are just going to relax for the last couple of days. I noticed that you neglected to mention your kneee and if the cane or brace was helping. ;)

Doug, I just had to go back to the Doctors for a different antibiotic for my throat infection. It re surfaced 2 days after the 2nd lot of the throat specific one was finished.. So don't head out on holiday without seeing your Doctor and getting a written Rx. You may not need to fill it but you can always take it with you and have it filled anywhere if you need to.

And a Very Happy Birthday to Ruth

Geoff, Sorry to read about the postponement of your trip. Hope they can get the hitch parts quickly so you can be on the road again soon.

Lulu, did you know that not everyone responds to asperagus in an odiferous way. Just most of us.

Ellen, hope you get back on track with your sleep patterns quickly.

Well it is time for me to get something to eat in order to take this antibiotic. This one is not as kind to my stomach as the other one was. :( but I will be finished it before we go away camping on the 16th.

Cheers to All,

Gail

CharM
06-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Good morning... Cool and cloudy yet again in SW Ontario... as much as we wanted the rain, we really need the warmth that only sunshine will bring.

I totally, I mean totally, ruined my painting yesterday. :mad:

The mouse for the desktop computer stopped working. I changed its batteries. Nothing. I tried to "Restore" my system, thinking that perhaps the software had become corrupt. That came back telling me it couldn't "Restore" because I needed to run a Chkdsk due to bad or damaged sectors. I scheduled that to run. It did, taking a very long time. Nothing wrong. But, the mouse still doesn't work.

So... during all this, I had my painting set up on my table easel and had applied masking fluid to the highlights. Then worked out my palette choices and began to lay washes in the foreground. I went too dark too soon. I dulled the colour despite having worked out my mixes. I hated it. Using phthalos, there was no going back.

We made a quick trip to Staples and bought a new mouse. It works beautifully. Ted pulled the staples from my gallery wrap and removed the offending failed start. I cut that paper into usable pieces. I stretched a new piece over the frame so that it would dry. Today is a new day. :)

The excitement never ends. :lol:

Doug, I have always kept a tin of Rawleigh Medicated Ointment on hand... it's probably quite similar to Lion Ointment...

Lulu, isn't it interesting how we remember dates by association?

Annie, it's going to take awhile for you and Roger to rediscover your roles... :)

We don't seem to have anything to fight over, so it doesn't happen here either. Although... painting (rooms) can get a little tense... getting lost despite the gps isn't a good time, either... :lol:

Hi Kev... Happy Retirement to Chris... and Happy Birthday! Has she decided to accept that part-time contract?

It's a shame that your rose garden trip had to be cancelled, Doris. They'll bloom again and hopefully you'll be able to reschedule. So, now think... fresh strawberries... They're SO sweet this year.

Ellen, at our recycling transfer station, people discard the big blue water bottles in the plastics bin. Ted brought several home and cut the tops off. Then, he placed the big portion of the bottle over his tender plants. Like a little greenhouse dome. And, it gets those plants started well until it actually warms up. Just a thought.

Cleaning and painting... sounds familiar, Sylvia! :)

Lynn/LC... It's nice that you can take a break from your moderating to visit us here... that's a lot of email. We decided to delay our trip to Washington because we have a few things going on this summer... October just might work!

You're right, of course, about people believing what they believe... just remember that in this case, it really wasn't your fault... If it weren't for the suitcase and the medical miracles, they would have found other issues to saddle you with.

Darla, the Pilot wants to go home to his wife and family, too... :) Such wonderful memories you'll have... including stories about the bum knee!

Doug, if we drove for three hours we'd almost be in Toronto.

Ted's off to play golf this morning with his friend Frank (whose birthday was yesterday)... I shall paint. Have a great day everyone!

We x-posted Gail... this damp weather and low barometric pressure is wreaking havoc on my metal, so I can empathize with you (a little)... I sure hope this round of meds gets rid of your throat infection! ((()))

wcartistsr
06-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Good morning. Haven't read the wash so don't know what is going on, but do know that Darla hurt her knee and was limping around her vacation. I surely hope things have improved, Darla, and that you have been able to enjoy things.

We had house guests and now that they have left we are getting back to "normal". Spent the next day just resting up.

Today our granddaughter is with us and tomorrow she and her mom are going to help finish the outdoor planting. We still have quite a few holes to dig.

Better get moving. Granddaughter is spinning and riding my office chair up and down.

Have a great day.

Shirley

NancyR
06-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Good morning from a "cooler" Texas--in the 60s this morning. Next week, we will have our first 100 degree days.

Gail, Anita hurt her arm when she decided to mow the lawn. I hurt my back when I moved rocks, bricks, and topped it off with moving six patio stones. Sigh, I never learn. :eek:

Uschi, Congratulations on your impressive wins. I like your idea about signing a waiver to use Vioxx.

I picked my first handful of ripe blueberries last night, and just finished eating them. I savored every bite. My husband will not eat them, so they are all mine! Since the bush is in a container, I did not have to contend with other critters feasting on them.

Have a great day, I'll be back later today. Hugs to all in need.

LynnM
06-07-2013, 10:03 AM
:wave: Very grey out there, but warmer, thank goodness! Must walk as I need fruit.

Lynn L/C I expect we are not the only ones who faced that situation, since there must be thousands of old walk-up buildings in old Glasgow and those that live there don't think to warn their overseas visitors about the stairs! But the fourth floor had some advantages. I took this 3 frame shot from my window.....looks like a fish eye with the distortion, but you get the idea.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jun-2013/97813-Glasgow_rooftops_Medium_Web_view.jpg

I hope you got some more sleep :heart:

I was one who wished Vioxx would come back too, was so quick to act and didn't upset my tummy like Celebrex. Now, with my new eating plan, my arthritis is no longer painful with normal activity, just some restriction of movement.

Lulu, I wish I had a folder of paintings such as yours, what a treasure! Your work should be in a gallery.

CONGRATULATIONS USCH! :clap: :clap: :clap: and on two teams, you are a pretty fit lady!

Sorry you had painting problems, Char....that's the nice thing about using a gallery wrap, you can just take it off and start again!

Too bad about the weather spoiling your plans, Doris, but Louie won't complain :) I just bought the book of the Sargent exhibition, it is lovely, but not like seeing it IRL, I am :envy: !

I hope you get to go to the rest of your planned trip, Geoff :crossfingers:

Hoping for sketches from you, Doug, always wanted to see the Channel Islands. There was some interesting info in the show Coast....I love that, have watched the reruns too.

Please give Chris my congratulations too, Kev, I remember that time in my life, new worlds to explore!

(((Gail)))

Enjoy your rest day Darla, sometimes they are the best, just poking around in a new place.

Good thing you didn't plant sooner, Ellen. Apparently this is going to be a colder summer down here, so I can't imagine what it will be like up there! We are planning 10 days in Killarney park and a trip up over Lake Superior...may wish we were back home!

Looking forward to seeing that painting, Sylvia, archaeology always fascinates me.

Hi Shirley!

MMMM blueberries, Nancy!

Greetings to all to come!
:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

JudyL
06-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Hi, bowling went well last night, I actually enjoyed it once I got in to the swing of it. We will be on call again next week.

I am miffed though I lost a magazine I had taken, DD wanted to have it once I finished but it must have gotten lost, I had tucked it in my bowling bag, and oh well. But I spent the good part of the morning looking for it. :(
So now I have to go out and see if I can find another one.

Kids here today, Boy went to wresting camp across the park, Jack walked him over to the school before going to *Bucks.

Off to the showers BBL

Europa
06-07-2013, 12:09 PM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Another GLORIOUS day here in downtown Wigan - am off out tonight for a friend's birthday so am looking forward to that.

Also am out on Sunday with Jamie and Family visiting a local agricultural college which is having a bit of an open day with lots going on. John is going to take SWMBO out for the day which will be good. She is a lot brighter since having the cortisone injection. :thumbsup:

I was nearly in a car crash yesterday - I was going to our Jamies when I came to a junction - there was a car on the road opposite waiting to turn and traffic moving both directions on the main road. A car stopped so I went to pull out when this car on the opposite side pulled right out in front of me - I had to slam my brakes on and just missed hitting them.

When I looked it was my nephew Liam's partner Tracy (the ones I am no longer talking to)....I didn't know it was her as they have changed the car - anyhow she had my nephew Charlie in the car with her and when she saw me she shouted.....FO :eek: ......poor Charlie looked totally shocked.

I was furious but as I pulled out behind her in the queue she was looking in the rear view mirror at me and although I wanted to actually get out and drag her out of the car and knock seven bells out of her.....I resisted and just laughed.....which I think infuriated her more.

When it had happened - one driver looked at me - nodded in her direction - shook his head and rolled his eyes......I just shrugged.........what can you do. Maybe I should have let the cars crashed then claimed severe whiplash......lol

Uschi - congratulations on your gold medals. :clap:

Geoff - sorry to hear you had to cancel your holiday.

Doug - hope you and Ruth have a good holiday and she has a lovely birthday.

Kev - hope the weather stays nice for your BBQ.

Darla - gosh hasn't the time flown - glad you have had a good time - can't wait to see the photos. I didn't realise Josh was in Scotland - is he setting up another branch there....:thumbsup:

Waving to everyone else - have to go get tea on then I will get ready for my night on the town - then again there is not much you can do with perfection........lol. :angel:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

shipbroker
06-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Pat....you do live life on the edge don't you!

Lovely day here, been trimming ivy yet again and just had a run down to the recycling dump with a full car load.....

geoff

Scene Chaser
06-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Good Day All,
I'm stuck in the house doing the necessities.

If it doesn't rain, I'll grill 6 oz strip steaks for dinner.

Hang in there, Darla.

Geoff, hope parts are available soon.

Doug, hope you have a great time in Jersey. I did a little Street View and it looks like a great place.

Pat, glad no one was hurt. Poor Charlie.

Bill

Doris345
06-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Lynn, Char - do you mean the bushes will resurrect the soggy roses, or do they put out a second showing, or is it just the late bloomers that will pop out? I bought a rose bush about 15 years ago but it didnt like my terrace.

Lynn - the Sargeant show is on until the 28th - come on down.
[I am comfortable issuing an invite to all my WC friends because you now know what NOT to do in my apartment. :lol::lol:]

Char - your strawberry suggestion just made me think of an old favorite William Carlos Williams poem:

This is Just to Say

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

At least WCW praised them and asked forgiveness. . . not my guest

LCPainterCat
06-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Doris:

You said, ". . . . made me think of an old favorite William Carlos Williams poem:

This is Just to Say

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast . . ."

I can hardly believe you already had that poem as an old favorite right on the tip of your brain, while T-G-F-H finished off your breakfast milk and berries!

About the roses: It depends, of course, on the variety. But most roses will have some lesser, later blooms, unless those buds have been removed ahead of time to create just one spectacular blossom per stem, AND will put out a secondary, less fabulous show sometime following the first, major one. In some varieties that happens in the early fall.

Could you call or email the Gardens and ask one of the caretakers what they are expecting from the roses after these drenching rains are finished? Or do they have a website that they keep updated?

Lynn/LC

Yorky
06-07-2013, 04:00 PM
OK folks, packing up the laptop now, may be able to log on with the ipad in Jersey. See you in a week. :wave:

Doug

shipbroker
06-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Goodbye Doug. enjoy Jersey

geoff

CharM
06-07-2013, 05:27 PM
:wave: Doug! I promise that I won't run with the scissors... Who am I kidding??? You know perfectly well that I couldn't run anyway! :lol:

Shirley, I :lol: right out loud when I read that your Granddaughter was riding the office chair around your house!

Mmmm... blueberries! Nancy, ours are a long way from ripe, but I'm sure looking forward to eating them off the bush... Take care of your back!

Lynn, I don't often make such bad decisions since I began working out my colour map before beginning to paint... But, this time, I made a whopper of a mistake. :lol: Loved the fisheye view!

That must be a terrific magazine, Judy!!!

((Pat)) Every day something exciting happens to you! I'm glad you didn't crash, though.

Hi Geoff... some things just never seem to have an end!

Hi Bill... even though it's so cloudy, the rain won't be here until the first of the week, I think... so, I hope it stayed away from your region, too...

I got a chuckle from your poem, Doris... I grow only little *hedge* roses, so I can't really answer your question. They bloom all summer.

:wave: Lynn...

I made a batch of sandwich buns, coloured the purple strip in my hair, worked out my colours for my painting and laid down a couple of washes on it. Magoo stopped by for coffee and we had a nice chitty-chat. I have dinner nearly ready for the table, so I can put my feet up for a few minutes.

That's it... Have a great evening/morning All!

Stitcher
06-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Doug here on Ruth's laptop.

We are all packed and ready for bed.

Someone asked if we were going to Jersey with friends - yes we are going with two close friends from the Probus club.

Off at 6.45 am tomorow. Back a week tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep in touch with the ipad form the hotel

And no, I haven't changed my hairstyle :lol:

Doug

painterbear
06-07-2013, 05:34 PM
:wave: to Doug and Ruth! Have a good night's sleep and a great start to your vacation!!!

See you when you get back. :wave:

Sylvia

LynnM
06-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Bon voyage, Doug and Ruth, and happy birthday to Ruth!!!

I wish I could, Doris! Maybe someday. Love the poem :)

Great escape, Pat, weird that it was someone you knew......

Undergoose
06-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi all, I had to share this. My mom sent me the link a while ago to this video created by photographer Mark Gee. It's called Full Moon Silhouettes, and is simply the full moon rising (and huge from the atmospheric distortion) behind a group of people silhouetted on a hill watching it In New Zealand.

I normally don't send stuff like this around, but this is pretty amazing, and it sucked the breath right out of me. Watch it full screen if you can. I actually created an account on Vimeo just to express my appreciation to the artist. One more account info card in my file that I'll look at in five years and wonder why in the world I joined that site. :p

https://vimeo.com/58385453#comment

Lulu
06-07-2013, 10:01 PM
I had to log in to say thankyou to YOU Karl for posting the link - breath-taking!

villagernb
06-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Good evening, everyone.

Had a crummy day; spent most of it in bed.:p Now I'll be up all night with all of the nocturnal Washers!

Congratulations, Uschi on your bundle of gold medals!:thumbsup: You rock!
And thank you for your kind comment yesterday re: my stories. (I'll try not to bore you to death.):D

Betty, re: starling for dinner?:eek: I was listening to an interview on CBC Radio 1 a couple of weeks ago in which the topic was dining on beaver, (which was described as being very greasy.) The interviewee said that she had started her radio career working in Canada's North; the proper etiquette there was to accept anything one was offered and eat it, without asking what it was first, and the only comment that was expected from the diner, whether you liked the dish or not, was "Thank you very much!)

On the subject of food, Abigail, I love asparagus omelet especially if someone makes it for me!:D

Doug, love your new look! Enjoy your holiday.

Night.

Anne