PDA

View Full Version : Sunflower

vonnie88
06-06-2013, 03:26 PM
I am a new painter and usually paint with watercolor. This is one of my first acrylics. It's only 8x8 on w/c paper. While the red background doesn't show, IRL it's a lovely glazed color that I am happy with. My problem is the leaf in the upper right seems awkward. I added it as the upper left leaf seemed to make an arrow pointing off the picture. Can this be fixed? Maybe it's for the "learn and move on" file.

Trumper
06-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Can this be fixed? Maybe it's for the "learn and move on" file.
If you are not too worried about how it ends then you could try altering it and using that as part of a lesson.
How you would do that is beyond my lack of talents.

crafor
06-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Why not just paint it out?
Ella

vonnie88
06-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks. I'll try painting over it out and see what happens.

Dana Design
06-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Overall, the colors are too saturated (too bold). The leaves need some definition and the red background doesn't do any favors to the flower. Perhaps keep it as it is and begin anew. Painting is all about learning, remembering and really looking at your work from a distance as you work. If your eye can't land somewhere and stay there for a bit, the focal point has not been made clear. Keep painting!

gebhm
06-10-2013, 11:19 AM
I like the bold color look, how ever to me it is bland and lacking definition in the leaves and petals. If it is possible I would work on them.